Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumpshock Forums Qualifiers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
JesterX
Stupid question but how do peoples aquire qualifiers like "Ghost in the Machine" or "Great Dragon" ? Is it only by posting, posting, posting?

I looked at mine and I'm still a moving target... Is there a way to know how many messages will I have to post before becoming a shooting target ? ^_^

Is there a list of all qualifiers?
Trax
This is the first time I've actually noticed that..
stevebugge
Some titles come from experience, others if my sources are accurate, were bestowed in return for significant donations in a server hardware replacement/upgrade fundraising drive.
the_dunner
Target is a new member, Moving Target is IIRC 50 posts, Running Target is a much larger number of posts.

Any other titles are either from a server donation drive, as indicated, or because someone is some level of admin.
mfb
most of them, like immortal elf and great dragon, are just postcounts.
SL James
... says the sixth most-prolific poster on DS.
Platinum
Quantity doesn't always reflect quality. j/k. rotfl.gif
mfb
what's scary is that Fortune, whose most recent post was last November, still has more posts than me.
Kagetenshi
I don't know how many posts you have, but he can stay away for a long time and not be in danger of you passing him. For reference, he has nearly 4,000 more posts than I do, and I'm ahead of you.

Also, remember that the Doc would probably beat us all combined were he not the man of many names.

~J
mfb
haha, well, if my own name hadn't changed, i'd probably be up a few thousand myself.
Kremlin KOA
I must, I must, I must increase my bust... err post count
Platinum
I would have several hundred more ... which might put me into running target at least.
Frag-o Delux
Fortune use to reply to every topic ever posted and many times in each one. He does it on all forums hes part of. Hes been AWOL since last November.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
For reference, he has nearly 4,000 more posts than I do, and I'm ahead of you.

Does that include the now-nonexistant Lounge posts? Search "only" gives him about 1300 more posts than me, and I'm way behind you two.
Kagetenshi
It does, as well as posts from the Jive forums.

~J
Austere Emancipator
Oh, right. That'll do it. smile.gif
toturi
Some threads then to be hotter than others and people post more on them.

Chargen threads tend to be good, so are "who's balls are bigger" threads like the Horrors vs Humans and Dropbears, gun threads are popular too.

Gun threads definately. Just look at austere, he joined after I did, but he has surpassed me.

And what happend to Fortune?
Crusher Bob
Yep, some of you guys just run at the keyboard a lot more. It looks like emo has 2000+ posts already. eek.gif
toturi
Oh yes, and those "I am right and come sing my praises or you are a dork" thread then to generate a lot of posts too. biggrin.gif
nezumi
And posts about how many posts you have is always good.
Herald of Verjigorm
Don't forget the posts complaining about the posts bragging about the postcount.

[ Spoiler ]
Justin Cray
What title?

cool.gif
stevebugge
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
Don't forget the posts complaining about the posts bragging about the postcount.

[ Spoiler ]

Previous Postcount +1 grinbig.gif
Kyoto Kid
so, like I should be "running" by now if not "dodging, evading & returning fire".
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (toturi)
And what happend to Fortune?

I dont know the particulars (not all of them), but last I heard he was moving some where like out of his home country, I heard he was coming to the states, thats all Ill say, its his personal business, though it was posted on a forum and hasnt been heard from in public since. I wasnt one of his close friends, but I believe I read from one of his friends hes alive, just not forum active.
Tanka
Also; any freelancers get a nifty title as well.
Witness
QUOTE (Justin Cray)
What title?

cool.gif

More than a little curious about that, JC. Also the discrepancy between your apparent join date and your post count. Hmm.
toturi
QUOTE (Witness)
QUOTE (Justin Cray @ Jul 8 2006, 11:41 AM)
What title?

cool.gif

More than a little curious about that, JC. Also the discrepancy between your apparent join date and your post count. Hmm.

JC's apparently not the chatty/posty type.
will_rj
I´ve been lurking since 2003 , IIRC. I felt compelled to reply on something which i can´t really remember right now and only then i registered. Since then i´ve managed to post less than 20 times, i bet.
ShadowDragon8685
I'm still a Moving Target, aren't I? Or did I upgrade to Running Target?

Bleh, I lost count.. I can't wait to be Shooting Target, though.
ShadowDragon8685
Well, that didn't take long. ((I actually think the post above was the one that bumped me up, grinbig.gif rollin.gif
Shrike30
That puts "shooting target" somewhere around 1650.

EDIT: except no... i'm only 1500-something, and I'm a shooting target, too. When did that happen?
ShadowDragon8685
Maybe the requirement for shooting target was lowered?
FlakJacket
They had a couple charity drives a while back for server repairs/parts so people that threw in a few bucks for that got titles as well. That and their Group titles got changed to Dumpshocked.
Kagetenshi
The headache never really goes away…

~J
nezumi
Funny, I've been here for 3 years, posting regularly, and emo is already two pages ahead of me in regards to post count... Some people certainly are... ambitious.
Grinder
Welcome to my world wink.gif
Jrayjoker
Hey, I'm number 60 on the all-time massive poster list thing. I will admit I tried to get to "Neophyte Runner".
Grinder
Who didn't? wink.gif

How many posts does one need to beomce a "Runner"?
Jrayjoker
Apparently a pantload more than I have...
Grinder
You're only 6 pages ahead of me. smile.gif

Jrayjoker
The gap between posters grows at an almost exponential rate once you get to the top 100 posters.

Anyone want to graph it up and do a curve fit for us?
nezumi
How do you get it to show the actual number of posts? I went to Members and Sorted by Post count, but it didn't display actual numbers.
Jrayjoker
I used to try and figure out thresholds for the different lables by clicking on the "all posts by this member" button, then counting the number of posts per page and multiplying by pages shown to get a rough number.

However, this breaks down because some of the higher postcounts are not accurate due to crashes and system changes. (counting the old forums' total posts plus the current total posts).
Kagetenshi
You can get your own numbers in My Controls. To get anyone else's numbers, you need to trick them into sending you a PM—the numbers are displayed there.

~J
Tanka
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
You can get your own numbers in My Controls. To get anyone else's numbers, you need to trick them into sending you a PM—the numbers are displayed there.

~J

Or you can simply do a search by username for all posts (go into the userinfo for their name). Every page is 25 posts, though you may want to count the first page of results (as in, the very very first posts they ever did) to get the correct number.

This way is more convoluted, but you don't have to do any PM-tricking. wink.gif
Kagetenshi
It's also wrong, because it doesn't contain posts in the Lounge or on the Jive forums wink.gif

~J
Jrayjoker
I could have sworn I just said that out loud. What am I? Inaudible?
Kagetenshi
You did, but Tanka proposed it again. I figured he'd probably missed it and it needed resaying.

~J
Jrayjoker
Thanks for the explanation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012