Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The eXchange
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lebo77
For those GMs who have read "Runner Havens":

[ Spoiler ]

thegrymone
Very interesting ideas there....

What page is "the eXchange" on? I can't seem to find it in the Seattle section anywhere...and I needs it!!!! nyahnyah.gif
Ancient History
p.64

The Index is your friend.
nyahnyah.gif
FanGirl
[ Spoiler ]
thegrymone
QUOTE (Ancient History)
p.64

The Index is your friend.
nyahnyah.gif

Thanks. That is really cool and will definatly be used (and actually fits with my current campaign really well).

I just printed out the index and slipped it into my copy of Havens. Thanks!
SL James
Cute. I was wondering if they'd ever do anything more with that.
Witness
QUOTE (SL James)
Cute. I was wondering if they'd ever do anything more with that.

Was it in some earlier book, then?

I like The Exchange too. (So what if it's a blatant tip of the hat to Global Frequency!) The great thing for me is that the PCs in my campaign (which bridges 3rd Ed and 4th Ed timelines but using 4th Ed rules) were heavily involved in running something called The Community which was so similar it might as well be the proto-Exchange. The other day I was able to show them this bit about the Exchange and say 'Guys! This is you guys! Has to be!' so now they will be adding red Xs to the Community's commlinks.
SL James
Yes, in Target: Matrix.
Witness
So it is. Completely forgot about that.
Casper
I would have to say that the eXchange is one of my favorite "plot thingies." Good to see that it has popped up again. I was already going to include it in my game because of everyone being online and wireless. I was also going to include some paranoia in with it to make it more mysterious.
Drraagh
QUOTE (Witness)
I like The Exchange too. (So what if it's a blatant tip of the hat to Global Frequency!)

I actually created the Global Frequency on my SR campaign. Had one of the players get recruited without the rest of the team knowing (gaming session with just us) and then it was fun to use that in the middle of one of the games. They were sitting at a bar watching a suspect when his 'special' phone rings. ;P
Ancient History
The eXchange is really not very similiar to Global Frequency. A much better exaple would be the social networks in Bruce Sterling's short story Maneki Neko.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012