Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last Mission Gear
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
James McMurray
I was right! Woot! smile.gif

I've got a memory like a steel sieve, but sometimes things get lodged in there and don't fall out.
Demon_Bob
Clones. Off-location transporter. Violet clearence
Tiralee
As many 2 digit great-form elementals you can bind/gift to yourself and your buddies.

Ever seen what happens when a level 13 great-form fire Elemental gets loose?

Yup, and neither has anyone else.....

-Tir
Nidhogg
QUOTE (Tiralee)
As many 2 digit great-form elementals you can bind/gift to yourself and your buddies.

Ever seen what happens when a level 13 great-form fire Elemental gets loose?

Yup, and neither has anyone else.....

-Tir

I have soiled myself with glee.
will_rj
How come no one mentioned a dikoted ally spirit ?
warrior_allanon
My usual gear for sewer work plus my sword weapon foci,
Form fit body armor,
Jump suit
Sword weapon foci (force6)
AS-7 with 2-50rnd drum mags (1 flechette 1 exexplosive)
Salvette Guardian 3mags
2-Predator 3s w/ 3 mags each
MGL-6 with 2 clips (stacked 2LP slash grenades 1WP)
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (will_rj)
How come no one mentioned a dikoted ally spirit ?

You might not want to die in a, shall we say "compromising position"?
Critias
QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
My usual gear for sewer work plus my sword weapon foci,
Form fit body armor,
Jump suit
Sword weapon foci (force6)
AS-7 with 2-50rnd drum mags (1 flechette 1 exexplosive)
Salvette Guardian 3mags
2-Predator 3s w/ 3 mags each
MGL-6 with 2 clips (stacked 2LP slash grenades 1WP)

I'm so glad none of my characters have "usual gear" for "sewer work."
The Grifter
A pack of smokes and a flask of J.D.

I'll improvise anything else I need.
Vertaxis666
It depends on the run...

I figure a shot of whiskey, a gun, and two bullets.

Otherwise, I'd let slip loose my drones of war. eek.gif
Montaugh
I will have to go with this... Half the money upfront. I would use this money to then set up a nice untraceable perma middle lifestyle sinless, no net access ect in the middle of nowhere.

Next... Enough information to hang my johnson out to dry should I get caught.

And finally.. a small cortex bomb in my head. Enough to just kill me.

This gives me 3 ways to succeed.
First way is if I manage to actually pull off the run. If I succeed I destroy the information I had gathered and go on with buisness as usual. The johnson need never know...

Second way... I use the information gathered about the johnson to barter for my life. I then ask for employment and begin working for them if that is an option.

Third way.. I use the information gathered about the johnson to barter for my life. Once I am safe I send the information and vanish into the untraceable mid lifestyle I set up for myself. This is used if employment is not an option.

and if I fail, get taken alive and they won't make a deal....Activate the cortex bomb and die before they can make me reveal the location of the information or the information of who I am working for.

The best tool a runner can have is his wits and the only goal on a sucide mission is to be breathing at the end of the run. If breathing isn't an option then make certain that the information you've gathered dies with you. No sense hanging out someone to dry if you can't survive and profit from it.
Babel
I'd bring clean underwear, cuz you wouldn't want to go out in skid marked underwear.
resident-security-expert
the suicide run im on at the moment involves blood spirits and lots of them. A troll friend of mine has already killed 1 when he was ambushed by some hatians and killed the vessel the blood spirit was riding in. He then proceded to pummel the abomination into the ground bare fisted (hes an absolute moster in close combat 'titanium bone lacing and huge str') then rang my runner kaisen, who lives in a fully decked out compound complete with sentry guns, 3 force 10 hardened elementals, and a force 10 barrier around the whole place, with the decker RaItH.

We are now assaulting the company that the hatians and blood mages are working for (yeah i know what your thinking) " why the shit would you go after a place that is known to have an abundance of blood elementals, and to top it off a rumour that there is a nosferatu who is the big boss...vamp of the company"....simple alive blood mages are worth $$$$$ alive..that and they tried to kill us, and we are hard mutha' fuckers who dont take no lip from no blood bag and his company. anyways back to the topic

i have medium military armour with chem seals the helmet has 100mp headup display, repirator and a transciever rtg 6
mortimer greatcoat over the armour

my ferrari appaloosa light scout with pop up medium assault cannon and awhole lot of extras for the decker to play with

on me:
2x colt manhunters-smart2, silnced APDS rounds
2x mono whips
1 LAW (1 use)
ares alpha (AsRf) grenade launcher (8m) RC2 and smartlink2 with 20x 42-rnd clips of AV and a whole bunch of IPE ofensive HE mini grenades
IR smoke grenades, Phosphorus, gas and stun minigrenades
narcoject dart pistol
and the good ol' trusty couger fine blade

have the decker in the light scout plus a seriously powerful mage with an ally spirit with the same stats as her
kronk, a crazy demolitions expert dwarf and another backup mage with some very nice goodies, all are geared and experienced up the wazoo.

so its almost not a suicide run O.o
Traul
We killed Glasgian Oakforest. All I had was a secure vest and a SMG, and the rest of the group was pretty much the same, with a traitor among us. If you have time to plan, it's not a real suicide mission.
Critias
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!
LurkerOutThere
Less then 10 days.

My stealth operations kit and silencers for all my usual weapons. If I need anything heavier i'll take it from the cold dead hands of one of the opposition.
Wounded Ronin
All that you really need for a suicide mission is a katana, a bandana, and some sake. And maybe a Berlitz Japanese phrase guide.

EDIT: Wow, I said the exact same thing pretty much 2 years ago. I really deserve cosmic scoreboard merit for being consistient.
Critias
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Aug 12 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Less then 10 days.

Reread the date again, very carefully.
Machiavelli
Somebody was mentioning 100 Million Nuyen for this contract. So i would stay at home and hire a high-class-runner-team for 10 Millions, keeping clear that that

a) don´t know the sum I get for the run
b) don´t know how suicidal it really is.

Yeah...black mage comes....black mage sees....black mages wins while all the others go to hell.^^
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Aug 12 2009, 07:16 PM) *
All that you really need for a suicide mission is a katana, a bandana, and some sake. And maybe a Berlitz Japanese phrase guide.

EDIT: Wow, I said the exact same thing pretty much 2 years ago. I really deserve cosmic scoreboard merit for being consistient.

No, you receive no points since it was 3 years ago, not 2 like you claimed!
Nkari
I would juice up on every combat drug known to man, wear light sec armour, Modded Ares alpha(airburst link etc.. .) 15 or so clips of ex-ex and AP rounds, 20-30 grenades for they ares, 2/3 HE, 1/3 AT, bunch of flash bangs, etc.. And ofc a trusty handgun, like the Colt Deputy.. nyahnyah.gif

Id allso get 3-4 Combat drones with me, half dobbermans, half athroforms, Half with panther cannons half with HMG's.. =)
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Darkwater @ Jul 29 2006, 12:26 AM) *
I've been wondering what kind of weapons fellow shadowrunners would use on a mission that they most likely would't survive. How would you prepare for your last mission in hopes to survive it and who would you like to have along to back you up.

First choice: Ghostwalker
Second choice: Harlequin

Maybe get myself infected with HMHVV. (If I weren't playing a latent drake. wink.gif)
Dumori
mission maybe suiciedly well I better back my k-10 for the oh shit moments. Maybe soe HE charges ofcorse the best thing to take with me would a payed mob of ak carryign idiots to die for me and maybe a shit load of drones and just rig.
Falanin
A pain editor, for surprise purposes (we've got him incapacitated, captain!.... [surprise]) C-12 or other high grade explosive in a smuggling compartment, to make the surprise more... interesing. Some K-10 for the old auto-injector. And stadard kit. (hell, I do crazy things for a living--you think a suicide mission is much differant than normal?)

For something obviously suicidal, I'd want group backup. Probably negotiate something from some urban terrorists, Neo-A's, mafia, or just orchestrate a gang war in the correct area at the right time. Getting this sort of footwork done is why I have co-workers, after all... I might as well take advantage of them.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Aug 13 2009, 09:06 AM) *
No, you receive no points since it was 3 years ago, not 2 like you claimed!

[vader]
NOOOOOOO!
[/vader]
Ravor
Personally I bring nothing because I walk away. cyber.gif

Unless I have no choice, in which case I bring everything I normaly do, with the following exceptions;

I make damn sure that I have enough high explosives implanted inside me to level the fragging building.

I do not bring my ally spirit with me, she has a much more important job, take the fragging Johnson down.
Falconer
Every single toy I was denied the ability to play with because it was

A. obvious
B. big
C. extremely destructive
D. bandoleer full of grenades & lots of high explosives (if explosives didn't work, you didn't use enough of them)

EG: now is the time to pull out the heaviest and biggest weapons you could concievably carry....

Think of Neo in Matrix walking into the security checkpoint... only with an obvious bandoleer, and openly carrying some major heat (like a SAW, or gauss rifle).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012