Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shapechange spell
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lividicus
Prolly an obvious answer is cyberware and bioware negated by this spell?

what about physical adept powers?
Samaels Ghost
No understandee. Please elaborate.
Lividicus
well do the bonuses still apply when under the spell?
booklord
Well in SR3 in the case of a shapeshifter with adept powers that affected his physical attributes the bonuses only applied to the human form.

Using that as a basis one could say that adept powers wouldn't count for someone who was shapechange spelled into an animal form either. ( and since adept bonuses didn't make it I'd say bioware and cyberware bonuses would be definitely out )
Frag-o Delux
In Magic in the Shadows (SR3) cyberware doesnt function under while under the effects of that spell. No mention of bioware.
Demerzel
I think cyberware is used in SR4 at times as a generic term to include all cyber/bio.
Lividicus
but am i missing it i just see clothing and equipment listed
Brahm
QUOTE (Demerzel)
I think cyberware is used in SR4 at times as a generic term to include all cyber/bio.

It can be hard to tell when though. frown.gif Sensitive System is Cyberware only. Or at least I believe it was officially confirmed so in SR3, IIRC.
Jaid
QUOTE (Brahm)
QUOTE (Demerzel @ Aug 9 2006, 10:16 AM)

It can be hard to tell when though. frown.gif Sensitive System is Cyberware only. Or at least I believe it was officially confirmed so in SR3, IIRC.

it explicitly does not affect bioware in SR4, iirc.

and in SR3, it couldn't have possibly affected bioware, since bioware had no essence cost, per se.
Lividicus
Generally speaking though is it a yay nay or debatable. right now i am thinking that since adepts and cyberware bonuses have a cost, effects should transfer?
Ranneko
I'm pretty sure that neither cyber nor adept powers work, but I really should be sleeping rather than looking up rules right now.
Jaid
cyber and bioware are both absorbed into the new form. not transformed into cyber and bioware for the new form, just absorbed into it.

since they are not (usually) magical, i can't imagine why the temporarily altered form would not simply make it impossible for the equipment to function within it's normal parameters... skillwires that have been turned into nerve tissue no longer function as skillwires, IMO.

so, i am going to have to go with saying no, you don't keep the bonus from cyber or bioware when affected by the shapechange spell.
Moon-Hawk
mmm, full 'borg shapechanging into an all-meat human and walking right through the metal detector. Even if you want to argue that shapechange only allows critters, we have spell design rules now, so that can be fixed with probably a minor increase in drain code.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012