Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mentor Sprites?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
jeltzz
Just wondering if anyone has played around with the idea of mentor Sprites for TMs? There's a vast overlap in the conception of Technomancers/Resonance and the whole Magic side of the world, and not just rules-wise I would think. So, if Sprites mirror Spirits, it seems like you could have Mentor Sprites. I would think that they would be vastly rarer than mentor spirits, and quite different in nature too, but could be an interesting concept.

Thoughts?
Butterblume
I think...I think... try the search function first. I remember at least two of these discussions, one of them not entirely serious cyber.gif.
Kyoto Kid
...the way I see it, Sprites are the technomancer equivalent of Agents. Iif AI's still exist, they would be more likely than a sprite to become a TM's mentor.

The only thing close to resembling this kind of relationship in the past (pre-Crash 2.0) were the AIs who had taken Otaku under their wing.
Jaid
hmmm... well let's see... i'm pretty sure all we need now is some flaming and we've pretty much got 99% of the content of the previous threads on this very subject =D

(actually, not quite... one has some sample mentor AI ideas i think).
jeltzz
Thanks for the pointer to those threads. I'd been off these forums so long I'd forgotten they'd existed, and now I'm back and finding my way around here again.

Anyway, let's not resurrect old topics unless we have something new to say, which I do not.
Brahm
QUOTE (Jaid @ Aug 18 2006, 04:21 PM)
i'm pretty sure all we need now is some flaming and we've pretty much got 99% of the content of the previous threads on this very subject =D

Not at all. Those two threads I linked are both under a page long and the noise to signal ratio is pretty high. Yes, quite surprising considering the subject. wink.gif

Anyway jeltzz, you are welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012