Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armor on Cyberlimbs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cthulhu449
Hey, a quick question that really confused me:

If you put armor on cyberlimbs how does it affect your overall armor in various combinations. If you have two armor on your torso does that stack with an armor jacket for instance? What if you have 2 armor on every limb (Torso, two arms and two legs)? Does that add up to 10 extra armor overall that you stack with other armor? Does it only add two? Is it an average just like with body?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Samaels Ghost
SInce body on all other cyberlimbs is averaged I would handle it like that. WHatever the average is gets added to what you're wearing, not affecting encumbrance
Thanee
The answer is... it is not known. Nowhere does it say how this is done AFAIK.

I have made up a house rule that armor grants a +1 to the total armor rating (stacks with everything else) for every full 4 points of armor present (thus every cyberlimb adds +1 if fully armored). I would be inclined to let torso armor count double even.

Bye
Thanee
Casper
Cyberlimbs..... grumble... grumble..... I wish it would just be cool and be done..... grumble.
Casper
Maybe Augmentation would help....... hint.... hint.... Freelancers please help finish this off and have it work.

/late
//drunk
///yeah
Grinder
QUOTE (Casper)
Cyberlimbs..... grumble... grumble..... I wish it would just be cool and be done..... grumble.

At leat they're affordable now.
Gort
Still not worth getting though.
Grinder
They're cool, they're shiny and you can have a gun installed. Cool enough.

The price reduction makes it more reasonable that people with missing limbs (say by a car accident) get a cyber replacement.
Teulisch
Armor on cyberlimbs is +1/+1 to your total, same as a helmet or sheild, per point of armor you have. this is balanced only because of how very broken cyberlimbs are in regards to upgrading attributes. your trading not just attributes in that arm, but lowing your overall attribute to the new average (which is less than clear on how to calculate)

we could argue endlessly about how and why its broken. but we know that it is broken. our best hope is for the next book to improve matters- add in meta-type specific cyberlimbs at the very least. in the meantime, be sure to look at the overall effects of house rules before you try to use them. The easiest way to limit cyberlimb armor, is to enforce armor encumberance based on you average body score. this means you cant just load up on armor without getting body as well, and being a troll wont help as much.

The Jopp
QUOTE (Grinder)

Well, not really. THe maximum cash you start with nowadays for character creation is cut to 25% of SR3 and the prices for cyberlimbs hav been cut to 20% from SR3.

In the end the only way it is cheaper is for getting it in-game, and that means full borgs are a bit harder to create and it's STILL not viable except for possible coolness factor.
mfb
QUOTE (Grinder)

and if you're a troll, you can't get a limb that even equals your Str and Bod unless you get a cybertorso, or you take the absolute minimum natural Str and Bod. not much of a change from SR3, i guess--still costs massive essence just to get your limbs and natural abilities to match.
Casper
So far the one big saving gace of limbs now is that you get to use the limbs attribute for tests instead of the natural. W#hich for humans works out but for trolls just sucks unless you just want to look at it only from an agility point of view.
Grinder
QUOTE (The Jopp)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Aug 19 2006, 10:25 AM)

Well, not really. THe maximum cash you start with nowadays for character creation is cut to 25% of SR3 and the prices for cyberlimbs hav been cut to 20% from SR3.

In the end the only way it is cheaper is for getting it in-game, and that means full borgs are a bit harder to create and it's STILL not viable except for possible coolness factor.

I spoke of the average people in-game, not full-borgs created at char gen wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (mfb)
QUOTE (Grinder)

and if you're a troll, you can't get a limb that even equals your Str and Bod unless you get a cybertorso, or you take the absolute minimum natural Str and Bod. not much of a change from SR3, i guess--still costs massive essence just to get your limbs and natural abilities to match.

I never said cyberlimbs are perfect or that the essence cots are now more reasonable then under SR3 rules.

I've read a thread in the old forum about "re-inventing cyberlimbs" or so, where some people treid to built rules for cyberlimbs nw from scratch, adjusting prices, essence costs, minimum strenght etc. new. Maybe that can help. I didn't save the content in any way, but maybe some poster here did so?

Egon
the cyber skull and cyber torso and the dumbest ideas ever. Really would they not just be titanium bone lacing and muscle replacement. Maybe with some plating screwed on them.

Maybe the new book will have full conversion rules for those that want that brain in a can look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012