Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The "Stupidly proving things in real life" thread.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2
SpasticTeapot
Everyone has had these moments.

Me: I use my multi-tool.

GM: Lemme check your character sheet.
(checks character sheet).
GM: Okay, you've got a leatherman, a soldering iron, a multimeter, a palm pilot, assorted needles, superglue, and a spool of monowire...in your pockets?

Me: Yeah.
(I empty my pockets).

Me:
Just pretend that the fishing line is monowire.

I generally have WAY too much stuff in my pockets.

Anyone else have similar stories?
Frag-o Delux
Not that much crap. But once in a computer store me and a friend were looking at flatbed scanners and the sales rep form the company was there for the scanner we were looking at, by chance.

He approached and started to try and sell us on his product.

As a joke I pointed to a part of the machine under the glass and asked him what that was, none of the other flat beds had it, including the ones in his own products.

He replied I dont know, Id have to take the glass off to see it.

I looked at him and said ok, with a tone that said Im waiting.

He looked at us with a straight face realizing we were waiting for him to take it apart. He says well I dont have a screwdriver to take it apart.

Before he could finish the snetence my friend and I were handing him our leathermans.

He walked away.

Another time I had my backpack with me, which usually had several rolls of tape of verious kinds, Duct tape included, among tons of other things.

A different friend and I were walking down a sidewalk and this kid on skates come flying at us and swerves out of the way at the last second. I didnt care, but then I noticed he was doing to old people also. He was purposely trying to scare people. For me I didnt care because I was so much bigger then him if he hit me I would have hurt him. But I didnt like him doing it to the elderly in the area.

So I warned him to stop messing with the old people, he got smart with me. I told him again not to bother the old people.

Coming out of the convience store (the only reason I was walking down that sidewalk) I see him do it again.

I looked at my friend and said we should tie him up and leave him somewhere.

So we did. He come flying at us again, and tried to swerve around us. My friend grabbed him and tackled him to the ground. I pulled out a roll of duct tape. Taped his mouth, then tied his hands together behind his back, then his ankles and knees. We then dragged him behind a house and layed him in some tall bushes.

Told him to stop fucking with old people. Then walked off.

It seems those stories happen more because we have those things, then we happen to have those things as the story developes.

hyzmarca
So you're basicly admiting to kidnapping on an internet forum.

You do understand that your IP address can be traced right?

FanGirl
Yeah, you really shouldn't brag about commiting felonies. Yes, the boy was deliberately commiting a criminal act by being a public nuisance, but that doesn't justify committing an offense against his person. Why didn't you and your friend report him to the police? Most people - myself included - would consider that a reasonable thing to do in that situation.
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

You do understand that your IP address can be traced right?

No I have no clue that my IP is logged then could be traced back to my MAC address as proof that is the router I have connected to the DSL line I have. Though it could be argued that with my wireless router any one of the 3 people in my neighborhood could have done it. I mean All I have to do is turn off my MAC filtering, allow all wireless connections, make my SSID broadcasting, turn off IP filtering, allow more then the 3 connection limit I put in the router and kill my WPA2 settings and anyone could accidently find my network and log into it. I mean I know I do it all the time when my router goes down for what ever reason yet I still have internet access, then checking my associated network and find out IM on my neighbors network again, or the guys down the street, or the one that randomly comes up once in a while. Hell who knows if it wasnt a Wardriver cracking my network?

Of course I know I can be traced and no, I dont give a shit. I mean the kid lived 3 blocks over from me. If they were going to press charges they would have done it 10+ years ago, when I did it. Its not like everyone in the neighborhood didnt know me. I was on a first name basis with most of the police in the first place.

And I didnt call the police because they have other things to do like arrest criminals not mess with kids that would have laughed at the cop and continued to do the same stunt once the cop left. After that day he never rode his skates infront of anyone that I seen.

LOL And that was just the beginning of the night anyway, the sun was still up. I just needed smokes before I went out for the night. I didnt carry a bag of tape and other tools because Im a boy scout.
warrior_allanon
i was fixing to point out the same thing as frag, going to the cops in that instance would have been past useless, IF the cops had done anything about it, and thats a big if, the kid would have ignored the cops and kept doing it. This way he got the point that people would and could stop him if he didnt stop, i hate to say it, but the mentality is almost a signature of this generation. they dont care, and unless you show that you mean business, they dont listen.
FanGirl
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
Of course I know I can be traced and no, I dont give a shit. I mean the kid lived 3 blocks over from me. If they were going to press charges they would have done it 10+ years ago, when I did it. Its not like everyone in the neighborhood didnt know me. I was on a first name basis with most of the police in the first place.

So I guess it's not really a crime if you don't get charged for it. sarcastic.gif
And I didnt call the police because they have other things to do like arrest criminals not mess with kids that would have laughed at the cop and continued to do the same stunt once the cop left. After that day he never rode his skates infront of anyone that I seen.

I asked my dad (a law professor) about this, and he says that, because the boy was attempting to cause the fear of physical harm in other people, his actions would be considered misdemeanor assault in most states. He grants that your state might be less (or more) strict than most, but you'll have to check your state's penal code before you can say that with any certainty. He also grants that the boy may have only gotten a slap on the wrist, especially if he was a juvenile at the time. But he does not grant that what you and your friend did was in any way justified: in fact, he tells me that the pair of you committed felony assault and kidnapping. True, you are obligated to try and prevent people from committing crimes, but if you can't do so without committing a crime yourself, you should always contact the police and let them handle it.

I find it interesting how you can admit to being a violent felon and still try to present yourself as a heroic and admirable figure. Needless to say, I'm not convinced of that.
Frag-o Delux
I never said I didnt commit a crime, charged or not. I stated the fact that if they wanted to charge me they would have 10+ years ago and they didnt.

I also never asked for your fathers approval, I dont give two shits if he does, I dont even give a shit what my father thinks, so why would I care about yours?

Yeah Im going to call the cops for every slight against me. Did you know if you yell at someone in my state they could be arrested for verbal assualt? If I mention any form of threat wether I have the means to carry it out or not I could be arrested for that threat? So do I call the cops everytime someone calls me and ignorant asshole that they are going to kill? No, I laugh at them and if they attempt to carry out such a threat I take care of it.

Its always a good use of limited resources. You know calling the police to handle a pain in the ass punk rather then arresting real criminals like me. Would you feel better if a cop was slapping a kid on the wrist for messing with old people, or making sure someone isnt robbing a liqour store or mugging that old lady?

Hey everybody has their own set of rules, no matter how skewed or twisted. And I wasnt here to convince you of anything. I was posting about things in your pockets that you happen to have when the need arises. Then I answered your question as to why I didnt call the cops.

Ill never claim to be robin hood, I just do what I feel like doing, and if that is making sure punks dont bother old people by committing felonies then thats what Ill do.

You should hear some of the stuff we did when we felt like being bad. smile.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, about admitting things on a public forum. I can admit that I killed 20 homeless people, that I enjoy beating hookers and anyother crime. But until someone come forwad to press charges or the police find evidence to link me to said crime there isnt a damn thing they can do about it. In fact if the police would like they can ask nicely and Ill tell them where I live, save them all the trouble of tracing me through my Ip and all that. smile.gif
FanGirl
Well, I guess I can respect that you believe you did the right thing, and I never really expected you to change your views. All I really wanted was for you to admit that your actions were indeed illegal, and you've pretty much done that, so now I'm satisfied. smile.gif (BTW, Dad neither approves nor disapproves of your actions: he viewed the situation in a purely intellectual fashion, and told me exactly what crimes were committed - and what a 'reasonable [i.e. law-abiding] man' would have done - without passing moral judgment on anyone involved. He even made it a special point of mentioning the concessions he could make to you.) It doesn't change my opinions of your actions, though, but I'll concede that I'm more uptight about rule-breaking and stuff than most people. I mean, I disapprove of churches that run gift shops, for crying out loud. biggrin.gif
Frag-o Delux
Well, sorry for being an ass about my reply. I know my moral compass is broke. I make no bones about it. Nor do I care to change it. That kid was terrorizing old people and if he slipped once, he could have done serious damage to an elderly person. That was in my eyes worth tieing him up and throwing him in a bush. Would I do it again? Sure, why not? It was certainly legally wrong, but according to my morals it was well justified and until I do something where I cant sleep at night, Ill work on changing.

Mind you my moral code is not good for everyone. Your father's colleagues have made plenty off me in the past and Im certain they will in the future.

Oh and today with the current air of uneasiness, they probably could have said I was a terrorist or something and added more charges. smile.gif Not to mention he was a minor so Im sure they would have more charges for that.
tisoz
Frag-o, I think you did all right. I recall doing silly crap as a kid and having the shit scared out of me by non law enforcement people. I am sure some of it could have been considered assault. But it improved my character. Somewhere over the years, good people have to worry about arrests and lawsuits for trying to improve the world. Punks and criminals have taken advantage of this liberal mindframe and manipulated it to their advantage.

If all people were inherently good and wanted to be good people, such a liberal mindframe might work. Too bad people are inherently evil.

Now let's get back on topic. Was the sales rep committing any crimes by making an excuse that was clearly a lie?

Oh, wait, that's still not on topic.

I had a box knife (a razor blade held in place by a piece of metal then surrounded by another piece of metal or plastic that slides to cover/uncover the blade) in my pocket once when I was arrested (wrongfully) once. I almost forgot that I had it as I used one to open cardboard boxes at work (grocery store clerk) and carried a spare in my jacket in case I forgot my usual box cutter. I said no when asked if I had any weapons, then remembered it as they went ahead and searched me. I even told them where it was and helped them find it after they couldn't locate it. Then they acted like they had found a brick of C4 when I said yes, that's it, holding it up like it proved my guilt. I was getting accused of using it to carve peoples faces when I told them I worked in a grocery store and opened boxes with it.

Btw, I got pulled over for allegedly going 35 in a 30 mph zone downhill for a half a block. It just so happened that I looked at my speedometer at that instant and the needle was touching the high side of the 30 mark. What is funny is one of the streets the cop gave as where he had observed me speeding was actually a named ally, so if I wasn't familiar with that ally, I could have wondered where Prow was and how far I had been going 5 miles over the posted limit, as the other street was quite well known. I think what got me arrested was laughing at the absurdness of allegedly speeding 5 miles over the limit for a half block while going downhill. The charge for which I was arrested? Resisting arrest. I could go on, but the story gets stupider the further it goes. Then comes the cover-up, then comes the poplice report where the officer clears me of any of the crimes I did commit.
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)

Mind you my moral code is not good for everyone. Your father's colleagues have made plenty off me in the past and Im certain they will in the future.

You're using the Shadowrun solution to assholes.

You need to use the AD&D 3.5e edition.

TRIP ATTACK!

That, or an airhorn. You can never go wrong with airhorn-ing someone skating too close to you. Works well on dogs, too.

Once, while fixing someone's computer, I got fed up with their dog. It was a Doberman mix, which kept nipping at my ankles. The dog apparently thought it was a sheltie, because its "playful nips" came close to drawing blood through Khaki. It got to the point where I said "Look, if your dog bites me again, I'll bite back." They laughed, of course.

After being nipped while carrying 300$+ of computer, I dropped down, shoved the dog over with my shoulder, and put it in a half-nelson.

The look on the owners' face was priceless.
Frag-o Delux
My brother was dog sitting his sister in laws jack russel. I went over his house and it jump up and nipped my thigh. At first I thought maybe it clawed me, then it bit the other thigh. As a reflex I pushed it away when I realized it was biting me. It charged back at me, so I kicked the think in the chest adn it got about 4 feet of air before it landed on its head. I threw my stuff on the floor as it come runnign back me and I got on my knees and punced it in the face. It charged again, so I strangled it till it nearly passed out. After that it listens to everythign I say. The damn thing was so hyper instead of training the damn thing the owners got the vets to give them dog tranqs and they crated ti at night. Now if its over my brothers, it sits by my side and follows me around, comes when I call and sits when I look at it. LOL

Ill think of some more equiped for things on coincedence stories later. lol
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
My brother was dog sitting his sister in laws jack russel. I went over his house and it jump up and nipped my thigh. At first I thought maybe it clawed me, then it bit the other thigh. As a reflex I pushed it away when I realized it was biting me. It charged back at me, so I kicked the think in the chest adn it got about 4 feet of air before it landed on its head. I threw my stuff on the floor as it come runnign back me and I got on my knees and punced it in the face. It charged again, so I strangled it till it nearly passed out. After that it listens to everythign I say. The damn thing was so hyper instead of training the damn thing the owners got the vets to give them dog tranqs and they crated ti at night. Now if its over my brothers, it sits by my side and follows me around, comes when I call and sits when I look at it. LOL

Ill think of some more equiped for things on coincedence stories later. lol

....you should consider anger management.

BTW, that's one of the solutions where duct-taping the dog to the wall might have made more sense. You could've killed it.

mfb
psh. little bastard obviously needed a lesson in what happens when little things attack big things.
Critias
QUOTE (mfb)
psh. little bastard obviously needed a lesson in what happens when little things attack big things.

One can only hope someday Frag gets the same lesson.
eidolon
Good grief. Does anybody have tissues? Some cheese?
Critias
I don't particularly care about the little dog or the skater-punk, it just sounds to me like he could use an ass whupping on principle, that's all.
SpasticTeapot

I'm a wrestler. A god-awful wrestler, but I can wrestle. (I made J-V back in the day.)

Most football players (NOT the highly metrosexualized and bizzare sport of Footy, but American "chuck-the-bit-of-leather" football.) are convinced that they're tougher than wrestlers. They smash and bash each other, and are at more kegstands, so they're obviously beefier, right?

Wrong. Actually, a guy on our team weighing in at a whopping 140lbs. could take down most quarterbacks, providing neither were running. I've seen him take down a guy weighing TWICE what he did in seconds. No fancy judo was involved, just good old-fashioned grappling.

If anyone ever says that "there's no way a person could attack three times as fast as another person", I'd like to show 'em a video. I'd be willing to bet that he could take down three armored bodybuilders before they could successfully throw a punch.

QUOTE (Critias @ Aug 29 2006, 01:59 PM)
I don't particularly care about the little dog or the skater-punk, it just sounds to me like he could use an ass whupping on principle, that's all.

I wish I could introduce him to "Big Elmer". 310lbs, at least 2/3 of which is muscle.

JackRipper
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

More like false imprisonment, reckless endangerment of a minor, most definately battery, but not likely kidnapping...that'd be pushing it. While I do not condone such actions, I believe Churchhill stated "All that is required for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (Critias)

I have had my fare share, dont worry Critias. My own brother broke a wooden baseball bat across the back of my skull. I have been stabbed several times, a couple times by my best friend while we were knife fighting in his kitchen. I cant count how many times I have been in fights and most times I am out numbered. I have won all but two, they were stopped before the end could be decided. Ill admit when they were stopped I wasnt exactlly winning. I have been shot at quiet a few times as well, luckily without result.

And Spas, big elmer would be nothing I havent fought before. I fought a guy 7' 1" and about 450 pounds in a pool hall before, I knew that because he was a friend of a friend that wanted to beat up my friend for hitting on his girlfriend. Getting my ass kicked doesnt scare me, being shot doesnt scare me, being stabbed or set of fire doesnt scare me.

Big Elmer might get me because I smoke, but thats if I dont break his arms off first then piss on his face. smile.gif Its kind of funny how you describe how a wrestler can beat 3 large football players, then try to impress me with big elmer. smile.gif Just a little history. My father is a martial arts instructor and I have been taking martial arts since I could stand on my own two feet. I say martial arts instead of a particular style because I have practiced a few. Mostly Karate and kung fu. But I have also done tae Kwon do, Akido, I tried muay thai and plan K1 style kick boxing, christ I dont feel like naming them all. Oh I wrestled in school as well. smile.gif

I dont need anger managment either, I was completely calm when doing both actions. In fact I dont really get mad at all anytime. Getting mad only clouds your judgement, then you make mistakes.

LOL I dont even know why Im defending myself anyway. Oh well I guess because Im bored and its too hot to go out and do anything right now. Besides, if your hands were full and some damn dog was drawing blood biting your legs you arent going to kick it? I just didnt realize how small the dog was and how hard I kicked it. I wasnt aiming for a feildgoal it just happened. But yeah I punched it hard and strangled it because the punch seemed to have hurt it bad. LOL
Metasigil
I like you Frag-o Delux, you're funny. I can't tell if you're full of shit or not, but you tell a fine story. And that dog totally deserved an kicking. God I hate dogs. Especially dogs that think they're Alpha instead of Omega. God I hate dogs... I'm just gonna be over here wallowing in hate. devil.gif
eidolon
IM GONNA THREATEN SOMEBODY FOR BEING DIFFERENT THAN ME>>>>AND I"M GOING TO TRY (AND FAIL) AT DOING IT IN AN OBTUSE MANNER!!!111oneonelolzers
craigpierce
i'm all about the first 2 posts in this thread...

we had a player who said that his character was going to try and get his hands in front of himself after they were duct-taped behind his back - tops of his wrists together. and when he didn't like the TN that our GM laid on him he complained so we duct-taped him the same way and told him that if he could do it then his character could, no rolling necessary.

and he did it alright - it was pretty funny to watch - took about 5 minutes.

eidolon
Duct tape is good stuff. Want to tie someone's hands though? Cable ties. Mmmm...
Austere Emancipator
Absolutely. Any self-respecting combat-type will carry a few dozen for just this purpose -- not that they can't be used for anything else, of course.
Shrike30
I don't see what the big deal is... unmanaged dogs are more of a danger than a pet. If it's so poorly trained that it bites people with no provocation, striking it back is going to be a hell of a lot more effective than trying to issue it commands it doesn't understand.

My family's last dog was a rott-lab mix who was a little too alpha for her own good. Training her involved a few blows, but a 95 pound dog that doesn't follow commands could kill someone, and we made damn sure that she knew humans were further up the alpha food chain than she was. End result was a sweet, loving dog that could be trusted to let small children pet her without any risk of her snapping at them. Small, undiscipined, nippy dogs are dangerous as hell around small kids, and annoying to larger people.

I'll admit to seeing people in a similar light. Lots of people are reasonable enough, and go to a reasonable effort to make sure that their actions don't harm others. Some people are fuckwits, and do things like, say, buzzing old folks, or shooting up shopping malls. Obviously, the response to each of those actions should differ, but they both require a response.

I mean, come on, people... they taped the kid and tossed him in a bush. I've seen high-school pranks more dangerous than that.
Dranem
I think it would have been funnier, and more humiliating for the punk if Frag-o Delux had tied him up and just left him there on the side of the street... then everyone would stare, gawk, and chuckle at him till someone felt sorry enough for the poor sap to cut him free.

As for gear toteing players... I'm just as bad in real life as I am with my characters in game. Not so much now that I'm not in school and don't drag a backpack with me everywhere, but I typically have a multi-tip screwdriver, cycling multitool, camping multitool with me as I'm a cyclist and you never know where you might break down. Combined with my wallet, MP3 player, and sometimes digital camera, I can wear all this in my hipsack.
In by backpack I carry: a deck of cards, a bag of dice, various pencils, pens, erasers, rulers, blank paper, Dragon Magazines, my computer repair kit, portable USB 30 gig hard drive, CD travel case, mini first-aid kit, spare bicycle tire (deflated), wire or string, electrical or duct tape (sometimes both), extra batteries, mini maglight, needle-nose plyers, and still have room for my lunch and a clean shirt on my work-nights. When it was working, I'd sometimes squeeze my C100 Acer Tablet PC in there as well... now is it surprising I play deckers/hackers? wink.gif

I blame the fact that I watched too much McGuyver in my youth... biggrin.gif
Straight Razor
Frag-o Delux you are my kind of people. if you ever in Nashville, Tn. you got a lvl 1 contact here. lol. nyahnyah.gif

as for gear a story....
I had a drunk man(whom i have never seen before) walk into my apt while we were gaming. (i had left the door unlocked)
Now to set this up. I have a 4x8 foot table with a dry-erase top. that has a Hex-grid on it. So, when we game it gets hauled into the middle of the living room and we all stand around it, (table is to tall to sit in frount of)
So as the door knob rattles we all look at each other, to take a head count and see who is not here. realising everyone who should be here was there, we look at the door. In the short time all 8 of us have produced at least one weapon. Swords, clubs, pocket knifes, and one can of pepper/mace mix.
When the guy opened the door his eyes got about as bug as plates. "sorry wrong house" he says and quickly leaves.

eidolon
LOL! Can you imagine? You open what you think is your friend's door, and there's a group of armed crazy people standing around a table obviously plotting a terror attack! biggrin.gif

That's some funny stuff!
craigpierce
Straight Razor is definitely in the lead story-wise...

is it something about people from the south having weapons on their person? i'm from AL and i always carry at least a pocket knife with me...they're so handy i hate to be without it!
eidolon
I'm from and living in AR. I usually only have something like a knife on me if I'm camping or hiking, etc. I usually have one in my vehicle, but that's mostly so I don't forget it when I go do stuff. That, and it's handy to have a knife.
Shrike30
I can't think of a time I was wearing clothes in recent memory that I wasn't also carrying at least a small folding knife. Way too useful not to carry one.
Whizbang
My purse usually has pens, pencils, a 36d6 dice cube, a calculator, a hardcover book and likely a paperback or two, batteries, the boxcutter I forgot to take off of my work belt, which has the pouch I use for a wallet still on it, and usually a couple more miscellaneous items. I pity the person who tries to mess with me and gets whalloped.
neonprophet
Generally speaking I always carry a mix of items, all of which I use pretty regularly.
1) Leatherman - If you don't have one, get one
2) Med sized folding knife *mine has a half blade saw edge, very handy*
3) My vehicle has all of my tools in it, duct tape included, multiple roles wink.gif

The idea being, I would rather have it and not need it, than not have it when I need it.
I have carried a gun for most of my life with the same idea in mind, never pulled it in a fight, could have if I needed to though.
Amazingly though, the two times I did not carry my gun I got shot, go figure....
I think that falls into the range of bad karma/Murphys law as well.

What you would carry depends alot on how and where you were raised as a child.
Obviously Frag and myself grew up in a more violent place than most of you.
If that had been me and that kid, the felony question wouldn't be a question, that kid would have got a beatdown for sure.
See, even though I grew up violent we always tried to remember to respect people, especially parents and elders in general. What he was doing was asking to get taught a lesson, which is what frag did in essence.
I am amazed at how people are so quick to judge others when most of you have never seen violence to the point that what Frag did would almost be considered a joke, in my old neighborhood that would have been worth a good laugh and a few beers as a reward.

GG man, if more people would get off the fence and actually DO something this would be a better world.

As far as the dog story goes, PLEASE people, stop trying to attach human emotions and intelligence to the freakin pets. It's obvious the dog thought he was in charge and needed to be shown something he understood to change his mind. Dogs understand getting dominated better than *now now, bad doggy*.
Why is this? THEY ARE DOGS NOT PEOPLE!!!. This is how dogs react to other dogs to see who runs who. If you ever see a dog telling another dog to "behave" you can pretty much bet the first dog will get his ass kicked by the second one, why?, because he is a d.o.g not h.u.m.a.n.

I'm also sure that when that drunk guy woke up the next day he for sure thought he had stumbled onto a terrorist cell planning their next attack, wish I had been there to see that one. I can just imagine him trying to convince his friends that he wasn't hallucinating it all smile.gif
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (Dranem)

As for gear toteing players... I'm just as bad in real life as I am with my characters in game. Not so much now that I'm not in school and don't drag a backpack with me everywhere, but I typically have a multi-tip screwdriver, cycling multitool, camping multitool with me as I'm a cyclist and you never know where you might break down. Combined with my wallet, MP3 player, and sometimes digital camera, I can wear all this in my hipsack.
In by backpack I carry: a deck of cards, a bag of dice, various pencils, pens, erasers, rulers, blank paper, Dragon Magazines, my computer repair kit, portable USB 30 gig hard drive, CD travel case, mini first-aid kit, spare bicycle tire (deflated), wire or string, electrical or duct tape (sometimes both), extra batteries, mini maglight, needle-nose plyers, and still have room for my lunch and a clean shirt on my work-nights. When it was working, I'd sometimes squeeze my C100 Acer Tablet PC in there as well... now is it surprising I play deckers/hackers? wink.gif

I blame the fact that I watched too much McGuyver in my youth... biggrin.gif

Dude, where's your multimeter? What self-respecting McGuyver fan does'nt have a multimeter?

I generally don't take the "be big and burly" approach to self-defense. Instead, I go for the "speak softly, and let it be known that at least four gadgets on my person can easily be used as exceedingly nasty weapons" approach.

Actually, most of the stuff I carry is pretty safe, but in high school a reputation for knowing how to turn household items into nasty weaponry can go a long way.

Oh, and a note to Frag-O-Delux:

Big Elmer is a 310lb. WRESTLER. He got 4th in the state in the championships.

I should also note that he's a powerlifter.

And, if I'm not mistaken, he may also have a liscense and permit to have a non-concealed handgun on his person.
Tziluthi
Well, he can't fly or anything, so I'm still not impressed.
Frag-o Delux
And you waited 2 weeks to dredge this bullshit back up again?

Fuck big elmer.
Domino
Big Elmer ohs nos ohplease.gif

Run Fag-o, run lick.gif
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (Domino)
Big Elmer ohs nos ohplease.gif

Run Fag-o, run lick.gif

Oh Domino you are so silly.

Ive never had anyone come from out of town specifically to beat me up before. But Im not opposed to it hell Ill feel honored. smile.gif If teapot would like we can set something up. Mind you I dont travel anymore, so Big Elmer would have to come here. He might have to leave his gun at home, since my state is pretty strict on carrying firearms.
Domino
I'll front airfare, still in Walla Walla?
Frag-o Delux
Ill discus that in private. I mean I dont feel like fighting every 310 pound world class wrestler that powerlifts and is an armed goon that calls themselves big elmer that happens a long. I mean if enough of them shows up Im bound to loose one sooner or later. Id rather keep the odds in my favore.
Domino
Wuss.

Frag-o

aka

Percival Wulberton
1911 Gas can alley rd.
Walla Walla, WA 99362

509-526-1773
Konsaki
Kindly take this to PMs or drop it.
This thread has been majorly derailed and should be deleted due to the end content in it.
And Domino, please remove the address information on your last post, whether it is correct or not, it isnt the right thing to do.
Frag-o Delux
It was dropped till teapot decided 2 weeks is long enough for people to semi agree with me and decided it was time for another threat against me with Paul Bunyan. Now Im kidding with that old bastard Domino.
Domino
Hmmmm tea.

Need to get me some tea bags and go tea baggin.
krayola red
Holy crap, there are actually people who play SR in Walla Walla? eek.gif
Domino
QUOTE (krayola red)
Holy crap, there are actually people who play SR in Walla Walla? eek.gif

Hello Target Audience. grinbig.gif
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (Domino)

Frag-o

aka

Percival Wulberton
1911 Gas can alley rd.
Walla Walla, WA 99362

509-526-1773

That's a funny address. biggrin.gif

Frag-o:
Nice job on the skater.

Back to equipment.

A loooong time ago, I worked for a gunsmith. The shop was next door to a regular gun shop, and one of the gun shop owners broke a piece on his Barret light 50. It was in the back of the shop waiting to get fixed.

A friend of mine meets me at work for a Phoenix Command game. We get to talking about different game stuff and he brings up wanting to use a Barret as his characters main gun. I told him that'd be fine, but he's gonna need some kind of rest to shoot it unless he's just taking hip shots all the time. We got into a small debate over wether or not he could shoulder the gun from a standing position and have much chance of hitting anything. After, I don't know, 3-4min of talking about it, I said "Fine come on back".

He never did manage to shoulder it.

craigpierce
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks @ Sep 18 2006, 06:26 PM)
A loooong time ago, I worked for a gunsmith.  The shop was next door to a regular gun shop, and one of the gun shop owners broke a piece on his Barret light 50.  It was in the back of the shop waiting to get fixed. 

A friend of mine meets me at work for a Phoenix Command game.  We get to talking about different game stuff and he brings up wanting to use a Barret as his characters main gun.  I told him that'd be fine, but he's gonna need some kind of rest to shoot it unless he's just taking hip shots all the time.  We got into a small debate over wether or not he could shoulder the gun from a standing position and have much chance of hitting anything.  After, I don't know, 3-4min of talking about it, I said "Fine come on back". 

He never did manage to shoulder it.

i like good stories smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012