Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: The Mafia Affair
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Elfie
"Fine by me, I'm getting hungry anyway." Lex makes his way to the car and once they're both in, proceeds to follow the ladies.
Soluna
"What gentlemen," Gwyn says as she smiles at her passengers in the back.

"Once we get to Ana Mia's and you're back with Geoff you may want to check in with a physician to make sure you're both ok," she suggests to them.

"I also don't think you should report this to the police. Considering who Geoff works for and the fact that all but one of the people who took you are dead anyways makes it not worth reporting. But that's up to you," she says to Geoff's wife.

She drives the rest of the way in silence, making sure to keep the men in the rearview.
Dashifen
The drive back to Ana Mia's took only twenty minutes. About half way there, Gwyn pulls over to the side of the highway and kicks the relieved kidnapper out of the passenger seat, "Watch out for go-gangs," she yells as she pulls away, tossing his weapon back out of the car window about 200 feet away from the kidnapper.

Geoff's wife and daughter are silently crying, holding each other on the way there. They don't talk much but seem physically okay if a little undernourished. As you approach Ana Mia's they brighten considerably in familiar surroundings.

Arriving at the restaurant, you can already see evidence of the Families in the area. There are two guys lounging on the porch, who, with a second glance, have telltale bulges under their left arms. They greet you all as you approach the restaurant, "Hello again. You're expected inside. The dons are here with the kids and Geoff."

At this announcement, Geoff's wife pushes by you and runs in to the restaurant. A cry of "Allison!" can be heard from inside and the crash. When you arrive at the commotion, it looks like Geoff, in his excitement to see his wife, overturned a table knocking plates and wine around the restaurant. Both Dons, previously seated at the previously upright table, don't seem to mind and watch the reunion with smiles on their faces. Geoff kisses his wife before bending down and hugging his daughter fiercely to him. As he rises, "I can hardly repay you for this. The nuyen doesn't even come close to representing what this is worth to me."

"All the same," comments Gwyn, "we'll take the nuyen," she finishes with a smile.

Don Caroletto laughs, "You guys work fast. I didn't expect a resolution to this little matter so quickly!"

Lex steps forward, "Incidentally, we couldn't have moved even this quickly without Gwyn's earlier work on the streets. Her information led us right to where we needed to go."

"Yeah, and their help would have been very needed. The kidnappers were well armed and reasonably prepared to defend their operations against all comers," Gwyn comments.

"Any injuries?" Don Rosseli asks.

Lex responds: "A few. Akuma got bounced around a little bit."

"You should have seen the other guy." Akuma snorts with a grin.

"Well, then I suggest that we settle up our accounts and then the Don and I," continues Don Caroletto, "have another offer for you." Don Caroletto pulls out a credstick reader. Slotting four sticks he transfers certified funds onto them. "I'm paying you all 4,000 nuyen for four days worth of work. I recognize the Gwyn did the street work prior to your involvement," he indicates Lex, Rowan, and Akuma, "but you all came through in the end with the backup. I've added an extra thousand as well to make it a nice round number and to show you my gratitude." He hands you the sticks.

"And now," Don Rosseli cuts in, "we have an offer for you. We would like to extend a more permanent contract your way. Gwyn, you expertise on the streets combined with the abilities of these three have shown us that our usual family members might not be best suited for all occasions. What we suggest is this: you work for us. We pay you a monthly stipend regardless of you doing any work for us. During that time you'll be essentially family members but not required to be seen with the family or come to family functions. Word will eventually get out, but for a while, you can act in our best interests somewhat anonymously. Our own private shadowrunners. So … what do you say?"

Soluna
Gwyn considers a moment. 'Damn a steady paycheck! I haven't seen one of those in years,' she thinks to herself. She glances sidways at the other members of her team and shrugs slightly. "I'm in as long as my team mates are," she replies with a smile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012