Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Shadowrun FPS gets the timeline changed back!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mintcar
In case you didn't know, the Shadowrun team-based, multi-player only FPS from Microsoft and FASA Studios had nothing to do with Shadowrun besides being set in the future and having magic in it. They had made up their own story about why things came to pass, and that story sucked. Now it seems they have changed the timeline back to something resembling the Shadowrun timeline we know; take a look.

It seems that fan backlash has forced them to change a bad desission, and that strikes me as something rare. They have not changed anything about the gameplay though, as the nature of the game makes story irrelevante.

I'm personally softening up to the game somewhat, as it seems to shape up into a quality game on it's own merits. But if it gets good it's because the team is doing what they're good at. The lead designer has all but promised to make an RPG next if this game is a success, but I hold no great hopes for such a title from this team. The team is unusually open about their thoughts on their website, writing development blogs and even posting in the forum—and from what I've seen there there's not even one member of the team who has even a fraction of the understanding and knowledge that even the most ignorant of the members of Dumpshock might have. If they ever came in contact with Shadowrun before at all, it was when they were kids. And to top it off; most of the time they didn't like it other than the combat.
James McMurray
Everyone already knew. I believe the thread has dropped to page 2, maybe three. There's a thread not too far below this one that has links to some of the SR FPS topics.
mintcar
I made a seach, but this specific news did not turn up.
hobgoblin
im like the proverbial wise man when it comes to any future rpgs from these people. at one hand i like the idea, at the other i dread what frankensteinian creation they may come up with given their track record so far...

ie, i hope for a party, but prepare for a burial...
James McMurray
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=14203
mintcar
I had no idea how old this change was. Mfb's post is a month old nyahnyah.gif . Sorry
Shrike30
Hey, I get to feel all happy yet again, I'm not complaining nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012