Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elvish Life Span
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Drraagh
Hello,

This topic has been something I've seen discussed elsewhere about elves being immortal (and being around before the recent age) as they lived our world. Now, I suppose some of that was continuing from the Earthdawn stuff, but my question is, how long do elves live specifically, and if they do have lifespan in the hundreds of years as it says in the rulebook (I don't have it with my but just going by what's in my head), how do the ones who aren't immortal know that? Do they take longer in childhood or something? How do you know your lifespan when you were just 'poofed' into existance genetically a while back?
eidolon
Elven.

Elvish has left the building.
Wounded Ronin
My guideline is that if the elf has enormous blond permed hair he's probably immortal. I don't think anyone can work the guitar better than an elf.
Drraagh
QUOTE (eidolon)
Elven.

I have seen it being used both as Elvish and Elven, same with other such things. Such as something being Gnomish wouldn't be considered Gnomen. nyahnyah.gif
Firewall
QUOTE (Drraagh)
Such as something being Gnomish wouldn't be considered Gnomen. nyahnyah.gif

No, a gnomon is kind of something different. I suppose it you tranqu'ed up the gnome enough first...
Ancient History
It's postulated an elf could live to be 400 or so. Provided they don't die in childbirth or get stepped on by a troll or anything.
JonathanC
I've always wondered about the lifespans as described. I mean, sometimes I hear that orks and trolls age super-fast, and sometimes I don't. Elven and dwarven lifespans have to be guesses, since they haven't been around in the 6th world for 400 years yet. Hell, they haven't even been around for 100 years, unless we're talking about IEs.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (eidolon)
Elven.

...thankyouverymuch...

-EP
Drraagh
QUOTE (JonathanC)
I've always wondered about the lifespans as described. I mean, sometimes I hear that orks and trolls age super-fast, and sometimes I don't. Elven and dwarven lifespans have to be guesses, since they haven't been around in the 6th world for 400 years yet. Hell, they haven't even been around for 100 years, unless we're talking about IEs.

That is pretty much my question. I can understand seeing some trolls and orks burning out due to the way their genetics work, and we've been around for maybe 60-70 years in SR3 and 4, so how do we know they'll live to be older than 100. And the immortal elves, even if we take those into account, are likely only special cases, like the way some people hold the world record for living until 120 or so currently.

Reason that brought this up is a friend of mine was RPing it the way people do elves in D&D, like 'Oh, I don't need to worry about the little things, I'm going to live forever. I'll still be young and pretty when your kids are dead and gone', and how would any elf know that?
Bodak
QUOTE (eidolon)
Elven.

Elven and Dwarven are ® Tolkien words. Elfen or eleven or elfish or shellfish are not.
Drraagh
QUOTE (Bodak)
QUOTE (eidolon)
Elven.

Elven and Dwarven are ® Tolkien words. Elfen or eleven or elfish or shellfish are not.

I know that's being fairly humourous, but one description I found was:

Elf can be pluralized both as elves and elfs. Something associated with elves or the qualities of elves is described by the adjectives elven, elvish, elfin or elfish. A convention of modern fantasy usage is: the v in elven or elvish refers to human-sized elves (who correspond more closely to the mythology of the Viking Era), whereas the f in elfin or elfish refers to tiny-sized elfs (who correspond more closely to the folklore of the Renaissance and Romantic Eras).
Slithery D
The Tir Tairngire sourcebook had an extensive discussion of elf genetics at the end. While the point of it was to hint at immortals, it stated that gerontolists and geneticists had determined a lifespan of 400 years or so from studying the cells/genes. For one thing, <mumble> shortening during cell division would (or would not) obviously be shorter in elves if they live longer - it imposes and absolute limit on cell longetivity.
Drraagh
The way that the whole elves living for long periods of time, and more importantly them knowing they will, brings up an interesting thought into my mind. We've got characters like Harlequin, and even The Big 'D', who have lived over many periods of time, if I remember my SR 'history' correctly. They have amassed large fortunes if we look at The Big D's will for example, so what's to stop elves who will be living for long periods of time from messing with the system so to speak.

Put some money into a bond and let it mature for a thousand years, for example. Imagine an RRSP when you work for a thousand years. Play the stock market. Or if you want to have some fun, play yourself as human and mess with people's minds like a couple of the Highlander episodes where people were sure they knew him from before. nyahnyah.gif

Other than for the thrill and maybe for a personal reason, such as the 'I'm looking for the man who shot my pa', Elves would have a better chance of striking it rich outside of the Shadows, or perhaps by lightly running them. When you live for a thousand years, you get to plan out your endgame a lot better. For humans, it's live every day to the fullest, it might be your last. With elves, if they take care of themselves and stay out of trouble, unless you start adding medical conditions and such given the pollution and so forth, elves could easily outnumber the rest of the races really soon (in their timeframe).
krayola red
Slight tangent: is it ever actually established in canon that orks and trolls have a biologically shorter life span than humans, or is their relatively short average life span due to the fact that they're more likely to live and work in dangeous environments than the other metatypes?
JonathanC
QUOTE (krayola red)
Slight tangent: is it ever actually established in canon that orks and trolls have a biologically shorter life span than humans, or is their relatively short average life span due to the fact that they're more likely to live and work in dangeous environments than the other metatypes?

I've heard that there are novels which suggest the former, I prefer to use the latter, since I'd rather not screw orks and trolls in my game anymore than they already are. There is enough elf worship in Shadowrun without making 20 year old orks look like Keith Richards after a bender.
ShadowDragon
IMC, life expectancy of the metatypes is all pseudoscience based on prejudice. Elves don't have superior longevity because of superior genes. They live longer because they get treated better than other metatypes, and orks and trolls live shorter lives because they're treated worse. People think they're immortal or live for hundreds of years because fiction such as LotRs say so and because their youthful appearance makes them age more gracefully. If sourcebooks say there's any actual science behind it, I reject it.
Conskill
Some of the novels (Nosferatu springs immediately to mind) definitely say it's a biological thing. If it matters to you, it's also in Earthdawn. I could've sworn there's a SR4 referance to it being biological as well, but I can't find it in a quick search.

I don't particularly mind the Orks getting screwed longevity or the Elves being ubermanch; it fits the tone of SR fairly well that the universe doesn't play fair.
hyzmarca
For Orks, it is both. Many have normal human lifespans, barring violence, but a disproportionate number of born (rather than goblinized) Orks suffer from Methuselah syndrome, a fictionalized ork-only version of the real genetic disease progeria, which causes rapid aging.
Witness
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
For Orks, it is both. Many have normal human lifespans, barring violence, but a disproportionate number of born (rather than goblinized) Orks suffer from Methuselah syndrome, a fictionalized ork-only version of the real genetic disease progeria, which causes rapid aging.

Reference?
Grinder
QUOTE (Drraagh)
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Sep 21 2006, 07:27 PM)
I've always wondered about the lifespans as described. I mean, sometimes I hear  that orks and trolls age super-fast, and sometimes I don't. Elven and dwarven lifespans have to be guesses, since they haven't been around in the 6th world for 400 years yet. Hell, they haven't even been around for 100 years, unless we're talking about IEs.

That is pretty much my question. I can understand seeing some trolls and orks burning out due to the way their genetics work, and we've been around for maybe 60-70 years in SR3 and 4, so how do we know they'll live to be older than 100. And the immortal elves, even if we take those into account, are likely only special cases, like the way some people hold the world record for living until 120 or so currently.

In-game it's not known how long the natural ifespan of elves (and dwarves too) is. It didn' pass enough time to see that. So all the people at the 6th world can do is "sit and wait".

IEs are special case, yes.
eidolon
I ignore any "fast-aging" silliness in my games. I think the whole idea is ridiculous.
Cray74
QUOTE (eidolon)
I ignore any "fast-aging" silliness in my games. I think the whole idea is ridiculous.

Differences in aging rates between closely related species - even breeds of the same species - is so well established that I don't see how you can say it's "ridiculous."

Example: with modern medicine, humans live an average of 76 years. Chimpanzees, with modern medicine in pampered captivity, average 50 years.

Example: the average lifespan of a bulldog is 6.7 years. The average for a border collie is 13 years.

That an ork or troll might have a shorter lifespan than humans is far from ridiculous. Unfair, maybe, but genetics often are unfair.
Dog
I've kind of compromised in my head that orcs and trolls reach maturity faster than humans, but then they remain mid-range adult like for a long time. Only towards the end of their 60 years or whatever do they go through a rapid decline. So an orc would hit full-grown adulthood in the mid-teens, then age more slowly so that humans would catch up at around forty five. However, at fifty orcs start to get rickety and a 60 year old orc could pass as an 80 year old human.
That's just my rationalization.

In regards to the player with the D&D type elf character. Whether or not he actually is immortal (or relatively so), there's no reason that he wouldn't think that he is.
Hell, let him think he's automatically gonna be a mage too, if he just studies hard enough... wink.gif
DragginSPADE
Somewhere in canon it was said that Orcs and Trolls that were born that way have average lifespans of the mid-30's and mi-40's respectively. On the other hand, those who were born as humans and goblinized will still have a human's normal lifespan, but they typically have mental problems from the trauma of goblinization.

Unfortunately I don't have access to my books at the moment, but when I get a chance I'll see if I can't hunt down canon references. I seem to recall it getting brought up somewhere in second edition.
The Jopp
The Elvis lifespan is entirely dependant upon how many Elvis sighting there are per year multiplied with the amount of Elvis shamans there are in Las Vegas.
Drraagh
QUOTE (The Jopp)
The Elvis lifespan is entirely dependant upon how many Elvis sighting there are per year multiplied with the amount of Elvis shamans there are in Las Vegas.

OR the members of the First Church of Elvis. http://bull.dumpshock.com/sr/fcoe.html
eidolon
QUOTE (Cray74)
QUOTE (eidolon @ Sep 22 2006, 02:03 PM)
I ignore any "fast-aging" silliness in my games.  I think the whole idea is ridiculous.

Differences in aging rates between closely related species - even breeds of the same species - is so well established that I don't see how you can say it's "ridiculous."

Example: with modern medicine, humans live an average of 76 years. Chimpanzees, with modern medicine in pampered captivity, average 50 years.

Example: the average lifespan of a bulldog is 6.7 years. The average for a border collie is 13 years.

That an ork or troll might have a shorter lifespan than humans is far from ridiculous. Unfair, maybe, but genetics often are unfair.

Okay. Do you feel better now?
Chrome Shadow
If I remember correctly, the father of Kham is a leader of the ork underground; he was a human who goblinized into an ork. He was abou 40 years of age, and looked like it; but his mother was born ork, and she at forty-somthing looked like an old woman(ork)...

I think it was in Never Trust An Elf that it explain that when a human goblinize, he keep aging like a human; but if a ork get born as an ork, he will have a shorter lifespan...
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Witness @ Sep 22 2006, 04:08 AM)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Sep 22 2006, 03:28 AM)

Reference?
QUOTE (Shadows of Asia p.133)
. Early last month, Yuri announced that he had been diagnosed with Methuselah’s syndrome, a genetic disorder common in many orks, in which the body ages at an accelerated pace.

This is very similar to Werner syndrome, a form of progeria.

They do have it better than people with Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria syndrome. They rarely live longer than thirteen years.
Cray74
QUOTE (eidolon)
Okay. Do you feel better now?

nyahnyah.gif
PlainWhiteSocks
SR4 PDF v13 pg.65
"Many first and second generation orks and trolls—especially those who goblinized—died young, indicating the relatively low lifespan of these metatypes. The early dwarfs and elves are still around, however, many of them showing little sign of aging."

I'm reasonably sure I've seen something in other editions of the base book that points to orks and trolls having a shorter lifespan. Maybe it was a 2nd ed thing.
JonathanC
QUOTE (Conskill)
Some of the novels (Nosferatu springs immediately to mind) definitely say it's a biological thing. If it matters to you, it's also in Earthdawn. I could've sworn there's a SR4 referance to it being biological as well, but I can't find it in a quick search.

I don't particularly mind the Orks getting screwed longevity or the Elves being ubermanch; it fits the tone of SR fairly well that the universe doesn't play fair.

It also leads to elf-worship among players, and player groups that look, from a demographic POV, like either a Humanis rally, or a mini-Tir. It's all well and good to have a world where orks are supposed to be commonplace (especially in the shadows), but when your game mechanics and flavor create a situation where everyone in the party wants to be an Awakened elf covered in sustaining foci, I'd say your canon is self-defeating.

Plus, it doesn't make much sense. How are orks going to be runners, when they've got maybe 5 good years (at best) before they start coming apart at the seams? How are they supposed to even work as laborers? You hire one when he's 15, and by the time he's 20, he's already going though his mid-life crisis. By 25 he's coming down with heart disease and renal failure.

If aging works the way some Shadowrun canon describes it, everyone would just hire elves. And maybe dwarves. Orks and trolls would never be worth it, even if you aren't paying for medical plans for your workers. The reduced productivity alone would be a killer.
Drraagh
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
SR4 PDF v13 pg.65
"Many first and second generation orks and trolls—especially those who goblinized—died young, indicating the relatively low lifespan of these metatypes. The early dwarfs and elves are still around, however, many of them showing little sign of aging."

I'm reasonably sure I've seen something in other editions of the base book that points to orks and trolls having a shorter lifespan. Maybe it was a 2nd ed thing.

That might be why the lifespans are the way they are. You kill off 50% of the human race when they turn 30, for example, and you lower the human's average life expectancy.

But, how exactly can you say show little signs of aging? Physical features perhaps? These are a new species, so we can't really say that there aren't signs that we don't know how to read. Or even if there aren't, maybe they only live to be 110 as opposed to 80 and everything just falls apart at once.

Sort of like JohnathanC said, the only reason I can see people using orks and trolls would be for expendable people, whereas elves and dwarves would be worth investing in as they would be around a lot longer.
Slithery D
But, how exactly can you say show little signs of aging? Physical features perhaps? These are a new species, so we can't really say that there aren't signs that we don't know how to read.

Telomere shortening. It limits cell division and dooms every cell to eventual death when it can't replicate anymore. Well prior to that limit it may introduce other problems. Presumably it's measurably slower in elves and dwarves. I believe this was discussed in the elf lifespan section of Tir Tairngire sourcebook.
There are theories that the steady shortening of telomeres with each replication in somatic (body) cells may have a role in senescence and in the prevention of cancer. This is because the telomeres act as a sort of time-delay "fuse", eventually running out after a certain number of cell divisions and resulting in the eventual loss of vital genetic information from the cell's chromosome with future divisions.

Advocates of human life extension promote the idea of lengthening the telomeres in certain cells through temporary activation of telomerase (by drugs), or possibly permanently by gene therapy. They reason that this would extend human life. So far these ideas have not been proven in humans.
Cray74
QUOTE (JonathanC)
Plus, it doesn't make much sense. How are orks going to be runners, when they've got maybe 5 good years (at best) before they start coming apart at the seams? How are they supposed to even work as laborers? You hire one when he's 15, and by the time he's 20, he's already going though his mid-life crisis. By 25 he's coming down with heart disease and renal failure.

Yeah, and? Not every runner is a l33t super stealth cyberninja, nor is every Mr. Johnson looking for runners with 40 years of experience.

And with the mortality rates of runners, asking for runners with more than 5 years of experience is almost wishful thinking.
Shrike30
I think SR4's average ork lifespan is listed as being 45, with trolls surviving a little longer.

My usual explanation for the short ork lifespan has to do with body construction. The heavy bone structure makes them more vulnerable to mineral deficiencies and heavy metal poisoning, the extra muscle mass makes their hearts work harder, the extra weight leaves them more prone to spinal degeneration... eidolon, you can laugh this stuff off as "ridiculous" if you want, but the dog breed example wasn't a bad one. Flat-coat retrievers have a noteably higher cancer rate than other breeds... my girlfriend's family had their first die at 7, and the second die at 4, both from bizarre cancers. Lab-rott mixes are wonderful dogs, but almost as a rule, their hips go bad before they turn 4, and they spend most of their lives with a limp. Dobermans are a reasonably intelligent breed, but the develpment of the pincher variant (with it's long, thin head and correlating small braincase) managed to get rid of that.

Orks may not age faster or die (of old age) any sooner than humans, but if they're prone to a wide variety of fatal health conditions that humans are not, it's gonna reduce their life expectancy accordingly, especially with a significant portion of their population falling into a demographic that doesn't get good health care.
JonathanC
I'd be more inclined to believe that ork mortality rates are due to poor health habits, inadequate medical care, working in dangerous jobs, gang violence, and anti-meta violence. What you're saying about health problems makes a lot of sense. Hyper-accelerated aging, to the degree that they're dropping of old age at 40 and looking like 80 year olds, is ridiculous.

An ork like that would reach puberty when he was like 6-8 years old.
Slithery D
Tir Tairngire mentioned that orks and trolls also mature much faster. I got the feeling that a 14 year old ork was as physically developed as a 20 year old human. If you also condense the aging process at the far end, you can squeeze 15-20 years of good adult health into their lifespan.
eidolon
QUOTE (Shrike30)
eidolon, you can laugh this stuff off as "ridiculous" if you want

Oh! Thank you for your most coveted permission. I am so humbled by your graciousness.

edit*
Slightly less sarcastic response:

You might be right, if you view the differences between the metahuman "races" to be comparable to the differences between breeds of dogs (or, and even less apt in my opinion, between man and ape). I do not.

For all of their different physical characteristics, they are human, much the same way that the various ethnic groups in existance are all human but can display notable differences in physical traits.

Because of this, I find it less supportable that any differences in life span are directly related to the mere fact that they are an orc or a troll. I also don't particularly care for the silly Tolkien-copied notion that Elves somehow mysteriously live longer than other humans, so I tend not to emphasize that in my games either.

There. A bit of explanation. As you'll recall, I said I found it ridiculous, not that I had proof that you should run your game a specific way because I can show you how you're wrong, or how you're misinterpreting the SR canon.

But continue to drag my personal views into your debate as though they somehow shored up your position if you like.

Charlie Foxtrot
The average African American male dies at 54. That's how I've always looked at ork and troll aging, as a function, mainly, of culture and lifestyle. The differing lifespan being biological add too many weird problems, like puberty at 7. The idea of certain conditions, heart problems and what not, can also fit in with this. Science doesn't try as hard to cure diseases mainly present in minorities.
Drraagh
Another reason for the short lifespan of orks and trolls could be due to the fact that likethe early pioneering humans, they aren't getting the best treatment of medicine, as well as the fact that most trolls and orks (at least of the squatter, ganger and some of the shadowrunner variety) barely live above the streets, so they have all sorts of hygenie issues. And then, as I mentioned earlier, you kill off a percentage of a race, their average lifespan goes down to match.

There have been some GMs and even players I have played with that have mentioned that attempting to apply reality with games in their own worlds doesn't really work. ke why don't people in D&D die of various diseases? Or in Role Playing Games when you can bring people back to life in your party using something item shops sell, why are there graveyards? With Shadowrun, we've got magic, various genetic changes creating new races, not to mention things like the HMHVV and corporations that don't have to answer to governments anymore. So, we can come up with a scientific reason why dragons breathe fire (I've got one printed off somewhere), but that doesn't mean its why in a game world that dragons can breathe fire.

But I find that sometimes explaining things in terms we understand helps make them make sense. Like elves living forever due to their cells actng differently than normal human cells. But in that case, how can they chart a specific lifespan, especially if no elves have lived that long?
Slithery D
QUOTE (eidolon)
You might be right, if you view the differences between the metahuman "races" to be comparable to the differences between breeds of dogs (or, and even less apt in my opinion, between man and ape). I do not.

For all of their different physical characteristics, they are human, much the same way that the various ethnic groups in existance are all human but can display notable differences in physical traits.

Um, breeds of dogs are still...dogs. They can interbreed. They have considerably divergent physical, emotional, and mental qualities. They have different lifespans, with some living only 60% of others. How is this different from metahumans? Do you really think the physiology of a troll and elf have more in common than those of a poodle and a Great Dane? Even the man/chimpanzee comparison is at least within shouting distance of a fair comparison.
Teulisch
an 'average' lifespan includes things like sickness, and violent death. with orks and trolls being a discriminated minority, they tend to be poorer and have less medical care, and thus more of them lead a short and violent life. thi slowers the 'average'.

for elves and dwarves- the best answer is that they oldest ones alive are not to their 'middle age' yet, and until we see a couple generations pass by of old age, we wont have any good numbers. To make matters more complicated, there is a chance that lifespan may be affected in an unknown way by overall magic levels. so what could be 400 years now, could be 500 in a centry.. or 1000 in several centuries.

orks and trolls, otoh... probably have near-human lifespans. maybe a lil less for born goblins. i recall reading somewhere that the goblinized humans live longer.

as an added effect, we need to consider surge, and the effect of mana spikes on lifespan. how many effects we cant measure did the comet have? how much worse will the next one be?

personaly, i would say an elf will live either until he is murdered, or until the SR timeline ends as we are all 100+yr old fans talking about a long-dead gameline from a forgotten compant. its long enough it dosent matter in most any game you run with RAW.

eidolon
QUOTE (SlitheryD)
Do you really think the physiology of a troll and elf have more in common than those of a poodle and a Great Dane?

Yes. You apparently disagree. That's cool. We're talking about fictional creatures here. When there's science to back up one of us is saying, maybe the other will care. Until then, I'm thinking that we won't.

QUOTE (Teulisch)
an 'average' lifespan includes things like sickness, and violent death. with orks and trolls being a discriminated minority, they tend to be poorer and have less medical care, and thus more of them lead a short and violent life. thi slowers the 'average'.

This is the only view that I find supportable when it comes to differences in lifespans. And as Teulisch has also pointed out, most of these factors don't come up when you're talking about average shadowrunners in an average game. (Well, outside of the violent death thing. biggrin.gif)

Shrike30
QUOTE (eidolon)
Oh! Thank you for your most coveted permission. I am so humbled by your graciousness.

edit*
Slightly less sarcastic response:
But continue to drag my personal views into your debate as though they somehow shored up your position if you like.

Something bugging you today, man?
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (The Jopp)

...cool,

Thanks for the idea on creating a new mentor spirit & tradition.
Grinder
Search will reveal an Evlis totem for SR3 that might be useful to you.
eidolon
QUOTE (Shrike30)
Something bugging you today, man?

You know, I didn't think so, but now that you mention it it has seemed like a long week.

Apologies for the overly snide tone of my posts. It wasn't necessary for the discussion. I'm a sarcastic bastard, but I usually don't direct it nearly so acutely.

I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way that a random thought was taken as though I meant "you have to run your game this way, it is the only true way for you to think, worship my canon fu" and used to start a debate. I know that's just par for the DS course, but it irked me this time for some reason.

It seems like the overall tone of the boards is getting more argumentative. Could just be my perception though.
Conskill
It also leads to elf-worship among players, and player groups that look, from a demographic POV, like either a Humanis rally, or a mini-Tir.

Eh. Never happened in any of the groups I've played or ran, so I can't speak to the fear of pervasive, deviant Elf-love. Usually only have one elf, and my current group has none at all (two Humans, one Ork, one Troll).

Plus, it doesn't make much sense. How are orks going to be runners, when they've got maybe 5 good years (at best) before they start coming apart at the seams?

I'm not sure about your take on SR, but I'd be surprised if most Runners makes it 5 good years before they're torn apart at the seams by one act of extreme violence or another. Shadowrunning doesn't come with competitive health benefits.

How are they supposed to even work as laborers? You hire one when he's 15, and by the time he's 20, he's already going though his mid-life crisis. By 25 he's coming down with heart disease and renal failure.

If aging works the way some Shadowrun canon describes it, everyone would just hire elves. And maybe dwarves. Orks and trolls would never be worth it, even if you aren't paying for medical plans for your workers. The reduced productivity alone would be a killer.

Looking at the society of SR from the lens of a 20th century middle-class man will find all sorts of nonsensical things ("Corporations as states? Psh!"). Think of what's going on more in tune with the Industrial Revolution, or even some 3rd world countries (particular those heavily in the drug trade) today.

You don't give your grunt employees health benefits -- instead, you invent subtle and not-subtle propaganda to make him think the corporate world views him as metahuman scum and that he's lucky you're such a kind and benevolent employer to give him a dirt-cheap job to begin with. When he begins to suffer through age, illness, or injury, you toss him on the street and find another warm body to take his place. If you're really on the ball, you pay him only in corp scrip and deduct everything from his pay, leaving him working in perpetual debt and unable to escape employment until you're ready to throw him into the trash.

There's a reason the life of a Shadowrunner -- that is to say, a violent criminal who risks death and torture while committing henious acts against his fellow man -- is better than the corporate life.
JonathanC
But why invest in training or even hiring orks and trolls in the first place if they're going to age so rapidly? The turnover would be ridiculous.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012