Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (Buzzed)
Wetwork runs, I will pay you to snipe this guy in the head.

If you fire a shot the run is hosed!

I guess you fail either way.

Nah...first you just need to catch a snipe...

biggrin.gif
Traks
QUOTE (sidekick)
With him, I can totally win the Shadowrun!

Did you get to read the credits?

Yes, damn Gm's enjoy railroading.
I mean, they always know what to answer.
How they can do that if they haven't railroaded you? smile.gif
And they do nto let you play most interesting characters - come on, great dragons are not overpowered when used as my characters.

And Shadowrun is enough anime way - just watch Laine and Ghost in the Shell.

k1tsune
AH! BLASPHEMY! YOU SPELL LAIN'S NAME WITH AN "E"! GAIJIN IDIOT!
Game2BHappy
I always liked this one:

Shapeshifters cost too many points to make! I don't think building my fox shapeshifter mage should cost any more points than building an average pedestrian!! smile.gif
Wonazer
QUOTE (Shadow)
I had players who road to there missions on the city bus. Seattle hasa great Metro system you can get anywhere on the bus.

At one point some years ago Metro as it is simply called was voted the best transit system in the nation.

It is good. Considering the SR Seattle Metroplex covers Snohomish, King and Pierce counties, I just wanted to note the local transit systems.

Metro is for King County.
Community Transit is for Snohomish County outside of Everett.
Everett Transit covers Everett proper.
Pierce Transit covers Pierce county (Tacoma, Ft. Lewis, Puyallup).
Sound Transit is a separate company that works together with all the other companies to provide commuter service (trains and busses) to the entire area.

I hope people can find some use for this... Wait, why am I posting this here?
Kanada Ten
Because you are deliberately trying to railroad this thread with your logical fallacies and horrible anti group thinking?
Wonazer
Oh yeah....
danbot37
If you ever roll dice,then you shouldn't be playing this game, because I can roleplay my way out of any situation, and don't even own dice, and I'm the best/most reknowned/ 1000+ karma character ever (without dice)
Kanada Ten
I ban Karma. And things that lower Karma costs. And stuff, too. So don't ask.
Kagetenshi
I ban verbs. They're for GM use only. The things are so broken...

~J
Shadow
QUOTE (danbot37)
If you ever roll dice,then you shouldn't be playing this game, because I can roleplay my way out of any situation, and don't even own dice, and I'm the best/most reknowned/ 1000+ karma character ever (without dice)

Am 10 megaton micro nuke detonates in your bathroom while you are taking a shower, the damage is limited to your apt building. resist a 27D. But you don't have dice so your DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!
Kagetenshi
A 10 megaton micro-conventional explosive appears next to you. It doesn't explode, but take huge amounts of damage from the force with which you're dragged towards it.

~J

edit: 677.906478336 Newtons or 9.684378261942857 m/s based on a mass of 70 kilos and .25 meters seperation, if I'm right here. Just don't get caught between it and Earth.
Elfie
QUOTE (Mr. Unpronounceable)
QUOTE (Buzzed @ Oct 22 2003, 08:03 PM)
Wetwork runs, I will pay you to snipe this guy in the head.

If you fire a shot the run is hosed!

I guess you fail either way.

Nah...first you just need to catch a snipe...

biggrin.gif

oh the pain.... rotfl.gif
sidekick
You know what is banned in my games... GMs, I mean man they are totally cheap. They can change the rules, and fudge their dice rolls, and totally not do what I want to do. Man, so frickin cheap, I don't why Wizkids doesn't ban them outright
Traks
How long it will take to batter someone to death with snail?

Why my players are becoming paranoic? (I guess I am doing my job properly smile.gif

Why my players ALWAYS fall into traps, even obvious ones?

And why they talk about "I'll skin this NPC alive when get him?" smile.gif
Thanos007
I think you are all wrong. I was just on this cool web site that has some of the 4th edition rules they are working on and it shows you how wrong you all are. Can hardly wait for 4th editon. It will rule!

Thanos
Buzzed
Please, for the love of God, some admin delete this thread before my head explodes from stupidity! wobble.gif
Sphynx
Well, as the only honest to god 27th degree black belt ninja to work for the NSA studying the paranormal effects of chi energies through complex computer programming algorithyms, I must know what I'm talking about, so quit questioning my realization that your interpretation is a house rule and I, in fact, am completely Canon and can kick your ass. nyahnyah.gif
Shadow
No way! Your a 27th degree black belt to, and you work for the NSA! What a coincidence, so am I!
Kagetenshi
Oh, so you both answer to me. I'm the director for Majestic 12.
Everyone without Magic Level 7 clearance is directed to forget that this thread exists.

~J
k1tsune
What thread again?

Anyway. I'm better 'cause I'm Jesus.
Kagetenshi
She is, too. The Greys told me.

~J
John Campbell
QUOTE (sidekick)
You know what is banned in my games... GMs, I mean man they are totally cheap. They can change the rules, and fudge their dice rolls, and totally not do what I want to do. Man, so frickin cheap, I don't why Wizkids doesn't ban them outright

I wrote to WizKids telling them they should do this. I'm sure I'll get an email back saying that I'm totally right and everyone has to stop having GMs any minute now.

Any.... minute.... now....
Sphynx
Actually, between you and me, I think a good 50% of the posters here don't have GM's. nyahnyah.gif I honestly think a large percentage of the posters do not play the game at all. **goes off muttering about people who think 50+ karma characters are too powerful**

Sphynx
Kagetenshi
I barely play the game at all as a player because I'm always stuck as the GM. I can count the number of characters I've played in the past ten years on both hands with fingers to spare.

You know what we should REALLY ban? WizKids and FanPro. I don't think anyone tells us what to do more than they do. I mean, look, a stack of books, and what's in those books? RULES! RULES WE DIDN'T MAKE!

~J
Shadow
I would play all the time if I could get payed to play. That and I would need some players, which I don't have.
Wonazer
Hehe... I work for VMC, a consulting division for Volt. Or particular group of VMC stress tests pre-release XBOX games.

I literally get paid to play video games, 8 hours a day. The only downer is that I could get stuck playing a really shitty game for a few weeks. Bummer, eh? LOL
Kagetenshi
You bastard.
Though I suppose it's balanced off by the fact that you have to use an XBox.

~J
Wonazer
Yep. =( I am a PC gamer. I hate consoles, but I have been impressed by the depth of some of the games...
Derek
QUOTE (John Campbell)
I wrote to WizKids telling them they should do this. I'm sure I'll get an email back saying that I'm totally right and everyone has to stop having GMs any minute now.

Any.... minute.... now....

You know, it's hilarious to me, when you read a post, and it is so descriptive of someone that only one single person comes to mind, and yet, you never mentioned his name.

Or maybe I'm just in a humourous mood right now.

Derek
Wonazer
Gee, go figure...
Shadow
Hey Nindaru, how do you get that job, not a job in the game industry... but your specific job?
Traks
I guess in future we will use ACME patented, instant GM's - just add water.

This silliness is so relaxing...
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Shadow)
Hey Nindaru, how do you get that job, not a job in the game industry... but your specific job?

Step 1) Assassinate Nindaru
Step 2) ???
Step 3) Get Job/Profit
Kanada Ten
I heard Wizards (of the Coast) is gonna announce their newest d20 product called d20 DM. You just roll dice and instead of having a GM tell you what's happening they have every conceivable random table and chart inside.
Wonazer
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Oct 24 2003, 03:01 AM)

Step 1) Assassinate Nindaru
Step 2) ???
Step 3) Get Job/Profit

Hehe... I have been looking for tech work since I shut down my computer store. I had been bugging Volt for MONTHS asking for temp work, season stuff, ANYTHING. (It really IS that bad around here...)

Anyhow, one day someone called and said they work for VMC, a consulting company of Volt's. The asked me if I played video games. Duh! =) They asked me if I had ever found a bug in a game before. Now that I have worked at this, I can think of a bunch of times this has happened to me before, but I had never thought of it before working there.

Back on topic... I was told to come on down for an orientation, fill out paper work and then they would contact me.

They have a 'bullpen' kind of thing that goes like this... The call and assign people to teams. If for any reason they have gaps in their lists, they grab people (waiting in the cafeteria) from the 'bullpen' and assign them to jobs for the day.

Then we sit down in front of a TV, VCR, Hub, Several XBOX's (Different designs, language builds, etc...) and PLAY!

The VCR is for recording EVERY moment of stress testing so that if there is a bug, a freeze, etc. it is down on film as well as going on paper. They are VERY thorough and detailed in their reports as well.

While I am a seasonal guy now, I am trying to pick up as much as I can about how the perms do their job so that I can try for a perm position.

Wish me luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012