Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Updated Old Sourcebooks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
knasser

I noticed on the Shadowrunrpg site, that Shadows Over Asia is up for its second printing. Two questions - firstly, does this mean that it's going to be updated in any way, e.g. SR4 references / conversions. Secondly, as I was about to buy some of the old Shadows Over... sourcebooks should I wait until they are also reprinted...

Ooops - three questions: Do both of the above apply to PDF's as well as hard copy?

Thanks for any info!

-K.
Adam
Shadows of Asia is just a reprint, no changes. If any other books in the Shadows of series are reprinted, the situation is likely the same -- just a plain reprint. So, go ahead and buy the ones you want, as there's no reason to wait for the reprint.
RunnerPaul
It's my understanding that the last few setting/fluff books of third edition were written deliberately rules-lite, because they knew the new edition was in the pipeline. So other than the information being a few years stale as of 2070, those setting/fluff books should be plenty usable for SR4, even without an update.
knasser
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Oct 15 2006, 04:28 AM)
It's my understanding that the last few setting/fluff books of third edition were written deliberately rules-lite, because they knew the new edition was in the pipeline. So other than the information being a few years stale as of 2070, those setting/fluff books should be plenty usable for SR4, even without an update.

Well that's very good news. I'll buy the SoE one to start with, then. In fact, I'll get the PDF this morning.

Thanks to both of you for replying - very helpful. smile.gif

EDIT: Noooooooooooo! SoE hasn't been released as PDF! I have to get SoNA, instead. :_(

EDIT EDIT: Ooooh! Emergence cover art!
JongWK
Is that the final cover or a mock one for the distributors?
knasser
QUOTE (JongWK)
Is that the final cover or a mock one for the distributors?

Is that directed at me? I would guess this close to the release date, it's the real thing. We've already had a mock-up (ugly bald guy, iirc). I guess you'll find out in a couple of weeks.
Adam
Final art, not final cover.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012