Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer and system rating
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dentris
Ok, hacker's program ratings are limited by the commlink's system (which is, in turn, limited by the commlink's response). Meaning a hacker with system and response 5 may only have rating 5 programs.

But what about technomancers? The ruling is vague at most. The technomancer part in the Matrix chapters say the technomancer complex forms are limited by his resonance, and threaded form by twice his resonance. I assume this overrules the limitation by system, since it is fairly easy to have a higher resonance than system and response. Am i right?
Cold-Dragon
Hmm, I gave it a quick scan over, and I think you're right. It looks like that technomancers don't follow the rating <= system rule of regular hackers (which means system is useful only for the more basic purposes of system. Response doesn't affects complex forms used either, but that one is a bit simpler to understand - Techno's have a lot of buffer space in that cranium, hard to overwork your brain when you only used about 10 percent anyways. wink.gif hehe.

but that was with a quick scan of the book. I can't do a more thorough one right now. >.<
Konsaki
IIRC, TMs have no limit to the ammount of CFs 'loaded' on their brain, except for the Log*2 at chargen.
Due to their wacky way of messing with the Matrix by will alone, they dont follow the normal stat cap effects that Hackers do. Hell, it's still unknown if they even drop in speed when accessing a slow node like hackers do/should.
Also, I dont know if their brain 'node' can be hacked except by another TM... maybe.

Oh well, such are the bonuses for being a BP/karma sink, I guess. smokin.gif

Disclaimer: This was writen while extreemly sleep deprived, so take it with a grain of salt. biggrin.gif
Lagomorph
I asked this question on the Unofficial now Official FAQ, hopefully we'll get an answer about it.

My thread on the subject:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=14104
Dentris
Thanks for the link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012