Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why are my shotgun shells on the spice rack?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
RunnerPaul
So, I came across this website: Season Shot

Shotgun shells packed with biodegradable shot made in the form of tightly compressed pellets of seasoning in the following flavors: Cajun, Lemon Pepper, Garlic, Teriyaki, and Honey Mustard.

So, how would you go about statting this stuff out in SR(3/4)?

It's too bad SR vampires don't come with some form of garlic allergy by default.

[Edit: Noticed some horrible redundancy in one of my sentences above. Comes from posting while half asleep. If you're really curious, the original, unedited version is quoted in full in Draconis' post]
Draconis
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Nov 8 2006, 06:37 PM)

Shotgun shells packed with biodegradable shot made of tightly compressed seasoning in the form of tightly compressed pellets of seasoning in the following flavors: Cajun,  Lemon Pepper, Garlic, Teriyaki, and Honey Mustard.

So, how would you go about statting this stuff out in SR(3/4)?

It's too bad SR vampires don't come with some form of garlic allergy by default.

WTF? eek.gif

That's the stupidest idea ever. I love it. love.gif

I like the tag line, "shoots, kills, seasons"

I am so getting some in SR4. You rock dude.
fistandantilus4.0
lemon pepper for pheasant hunting ... awesome.. no more pellets, just tasty goodness.

Wonder if you could do this with wood for vamps instead? DV would probably suck though.
Draconis
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
lemon pepper for pheasant hunting ... awesome.. no more pellets, just tasty goodness.

Wonder if you could do this with wood for vamps instead? DV would probably suck though.

Pheasant!? I'm going to bust a cap of this into some guy.
I could use this for tracking as I've got Improved Scent.
fistandantilus4.0
Well if you're shooting at "some guy" anyway, they'd probably be sweating...

So yeah, I guess teriyaki might be a better choise than sweat. Jsut don't try tracking someone through China town this way.
Draconis
Well if you're shooting at "some guy" anyway, they'd probably be sweating...

So yeah, I guess teriyaki might be a better choise than sweat. Jsut don't try tracking someone through China town this way.

I like cajun or garlic. Mmmmmm. biggrin.gif
FrankTrollman
I would imagine the advantage would be the low inertia of each fragment. Thus, its penetrastion andrange would be shit.

That's great news if you happen to be fighting in a city, an airplane, or any other area where you really want to minimize damaging things behind your target.

-Frank
fistandantilus4.0
Why not just use a tazer then, unless it's an issue with the smell of burnt hair? Or do tazers even toast that much?
Austere Emancipator
Extremely limited range, penetration and tissue damage are not, as a rule, advantages in urban combat. Things are a bit different on an airplane, but I have to agree with fistandantilus3.0 that in those circumstances a taser seems like a much better option.
fistandantilus4.0
might be good for ghouls though
Kagetenshi
Exactly what I was thinking. My next ghoul character is totally carrying around a shotgun loaded with these.

~J
fistandantilus4.0
I gotta ask though Kage, what flavor?
Kagetenshi
A selection, of course. I might even have to get my hands on a shotgun with a selectable magazine to make it easier to pick the best flavour for the situation.

~J
Moon-Hawk
Have I gone completely insane? This is surreal.
Hey, maybe the Vice President can get his own cooking show, now!
Kagetenshi
His recipe for long pig is to die for.

~J
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
A selection, of course. I might even have to get my hands on a shotgun with a selectable magazine to make it easier to pick the best flavour for the situation.

~J

depends on the meta and their condition. ooo, this guy is an accountant, judging from his size and lifestyle, he'll have some tender meat. Hmmm... no wedding band, so a bachelor so he'll be fortifying on instant dinners so I better use this seasoning. Whereas, oh, the elf ganger, a bit stringy and lots of drugs and alcohol use, I better use a heavier seasoning...
warrior_allanon
bad Kage, no cookie
Draconis
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
I would imagine the advantage would be the low inertia of each fragment. Thus, its penetrastion andrange would be shit.

That's great news if you happen to be fighting in a city, an airplane, or any other area where you really want to minimize damaging things behind your target.

-Frank

Gee like a spaceship? Blatant hint there you know.

Raygun
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)

Shotgun shells packed with biodegradable shot made in the form of tightly compressed pellets of seasoning in the following flavors: Cajun, Lemon Pepper, Garlic, Teriyaki, and Honey Mustard.

Man, that would have come in handy last week... smile.gif
Nikoli
heh, no rock salt?
Snow_Fox
That's what I was htinking- in an episode of Dr Who, Image of the Fendahl they were hurt by salt and severla were killed by a poacher with blessed rock salt in his shot gun. Since magically that is considered a purifier (throw spilled salt over your shoulder and into the devil's face) there might be a real market for people dealing with supernatural nasties.
nezumi
QUOTE (Nikoli)
heh, no rock salt?

Just remember, etiquette requires that you always pass the pepper along with the salt, so polite company will only use double barreled shotguns.
Fortune
... and pass the dutchie on the left hand side. wink.gif
Draconis
QUOTE (Fortune)
... and pass the dutchie in the left hand side. wink.gif

Wow I see someone's got Knowledge: 80's nyahnyah.gif
Kagetenshi
80's nyahnyah.gif ? I didn't know the '80s had a nyahnyah.gif.

~J
Ryu
No, he´s got an etiquette active skill and rolled his memory test well (How was I supposed to behave when...) wink.gif
Kyoto Kid

...had a character commission wood tipped rockets for her MPRL after she had a run in with a vamp.

As to the seasoned shot, the Cajun variety would be right up Hurricane Hannah's alley.
She already uses Pepper Punch grenades.

...dat burns so good now, don' it homme...?

Kagetenshi
Would these wood-tipped rockets still do that whole "exploding" thing?

~J
PBTHHHHT
Apparently robots also think we taste like bacon...
http://blog.wired.com/tableofmalcontents/2...ntifie.html?rss
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012