Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How the hell does the magical economy work?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Slump
I think that's the point -- they arn't around any longer, at least, not as what they were.
Dog
QUOTE (knasser)

There are answers to each of those, though none of them are particularly edifying for the human species.

(buncha stuff)

See there are reasons for everything and when you come to something in the economy that is obviously bad, you have to ask yourself if it's to the benefit of some party with the power to make it happen anyway.

Well, I meant them to be rhetoric questions, but thanks.

My point was that a lot of people can make a lot of money without having really earned it. And a lot of people will pay ridiculous cash for things they don't need, just 'cause it's cool.
knasser
QUOTE (Dog)
QUOTE (knasser @ Nov 11 2006, 09:09 PM)

There are answers to each of those, though none of them are particularly edifying for the human species.

(buncha stuff)

See there are reasons for everything and when you come to something in the economy that is obviously bad, you have to ask yourself if it's to the benefit of some party with the power to make it happen anyway.

Well, I meant them to be rhetoric questions, but thanks.

My point was that a lot of people can make a lot of money without having really earned it. And a lot of people will pay ridiculous cash for things they don't need, just 'cause it's cool.

Oh well, you should have said that. ;P

But yes, it's a good point. There's no reason mages can't make money easily, except that the rules are written in such a way as to make it unprofitable for players to do so. Hmmmm. There's a conflict here...
Dog
Rules, pshaw... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012