Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Schwartz-plot
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
fistandantilus4.0
With all this Pendragon stuff I've been thinking more about some of the other plots. I was thinking mostly about Schwartzkopf, and why someone would want to kill his drake. After all, he's just hanging out, not bothering anyone. So I figured, maybe that's why. After all, you've got this way magic saavy great dragon with the beginnings of a loyal follow of mages just sitting in Prague.

So who would want to piss him off? Well, He seemed to think that a prime suspect was Lowfyr, since he seems to like pissing in everyone else'e pot anyways (SoE says he visted both Lowfyr and Ghostwalker almost immediately). So maybe that rep was why. What if it was someone in the little anti-Lowfyr conspiracy that offed his drake to rile him up, and get a replacement going for Nachmeister. I don't know if Spinrad is that hardcore, but if say Aithne was involved, he'd sure have the means, and the will.

Looking for thoughts mostly and if anyone else has been doing anything with this little plot thread to develop it more.
Fortune
I don't think he visited Loffie and Pale-n-Scaly because he suspected them of the deed. I think it more likely that he visited the two beings that he knew would be able to assist him in finding some answers (and who he could at least semi-trust). Loffie has a great mundane network of informants, and Ghostwalker's abilities with the Spirit world are supposedly insurpassable.
fistandantilus4.0
Why not just go to the Guild of Seers then? Lowfyr would certainly be up there on the list. After all, he moved against Mujaji (DoSW) just 'cause he could. I don't really see Swartzy asking for help. Especially from a cold bastartd like Lowfyr. Imagine what he would have to give in return.
ChicagosFinest
The question is who is anti dragon in Europe. lets list the suspects and take em out one by one.
fistandantilus4.0
Black Lodge
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Nov 15 2006, 08:18 AM)
Why not just go to the Guild of Seers then? Lowfyr would certainly be up there on the list. After all, he moved against Mujaji (DoSW) just 'cause he could. I don't really see Swartzy asking for help. Especially from a cold bastartd like Lowfyr. Imagine what he would have to give in return.

Ok, maybe he didn't visit Loffie for help, but instead wanted to warn him that there may be a plot afoot to frame Goldensnout for the deed. Also keep in mind that Loffie is the new Loremaster.

I still maintain that his visit to Pale-n-Scaly would be to take advantage of his ability with Spirits.
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Black Lodge

And DIVE. wink.gif
Grinder
Who said it was another dragon that gave the order for the kill? As you said, Schwarztie is collection loyal spell-slingers around him - that group could have enemies other than dragons.
fistandantilus4.0
yeah, the drake owed the mob money from gambling debts and cheap hookers. Silly Schwarty, it was the Vory all along!

They would have got away with it to, if it wasn't for you darn kids, and your Drop Bear!

QUOTE (Fortune)
I still maintain that his visit to Pale-n-Scaly would be to take advantage of his ability with Spirits.

Or seek an ally against Lowfyr wink.gif
Grinder
There's the dragon who's a big wink.gif music fan - so why not a game-addicted drake? biggrin.gif
Fortune
Poor Loffie is so misunderstood. frown.gif
Grinder
Like me at home... wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)
Who said it was another dragon that gave the order for the kill?

That was my point. My whole crazy conspiracy theory is that it wasn't a dragon. Someone was framing lowfyr. Like I said, I could be WAY off. I just think it would be cool.
Grinder
Damn, I really missed your point then. biggrin.gif

Ever think of becoming a freelancer and work on some plots?
SL James
I figure half the users on DS have.
fistandantilus4.0
yeah, I couldn't deal with James's critcism anyways. wink.gif

My wife is actually REALLY scary good at predicting the metaplot. Not intentionally, jsut runs games that come out right along what eventually happens in the plot. Me, I'd rather just draw stuff.
Grinder
QUOTE (SL James)

Point for you. smile.gif
SL James
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Nov 14 2006, 04:53 PM)
yeah, I couldn't deal with James's critcism anyways.  wink.gif

If it's any consolation, it's only because I've learned by having my own written work brutally savaged by demanding people. As a result, I've come to expect the same.

QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (SL James @ Nov 15 2006, 12:49 AM)

Point for you. smile.gif

Yay me!
Grinder
If you could avoid transforming into a Ball Of Shining Hate you would be a great critic. I really enjoy reading most of your theories and comments (the Colloton-coup in SF, i.e.)
SL James
Thanks.

I'd say more about that, but... I won't for now.
Grinder
Ohhh.... come on... just a little!
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (SL James)
If it's any consolation, it's only because I've learned by having my own written work brutally savaged by demanding people. As a result, I've come to expect the same.

I've tried writing before, but admittedly, I suck at it. I can GM well becuase I'm good at improvisation. Drawing ("Art") is my only strength that I might actually put up for submission. Grinder could probably give you a link of some stuff I did a couple of years ago. I ain't perfect, but I was please with most of them. I'd like to hink that I've gotten better.

If my next batch, that I'm actually planning on submitting to FanPro, doesn't past muster, I'll see about getting them somewhere you can take a look at them. Hopefully you "Shiny-Ball-Of-Hate On!" smile.gif
ChicagosFinest
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Nov 14 2006, 04:53 PM)
yeah, I couldn't deal with James's critcism anyways.  wink.gif

I hope you mouthed off to them. Syaing something along the lines of "I would like to thank god for giving you all so much and me so little". and after saying that hearing the crowd chant.... :hate: :hate: :hate: :hate: (Chapelle's show player haters ball) biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
We grow through adversity. Having your work "work brutally savaged by demanding people" isn't always a bad thing. I wouldn't be up for it except for on my drawing, because it's something I want to improve on. You get to a point in your work where to improve, people have to be very exacting, I would say harsh, to get things to the next level.

I'd use Brom as an example. He's my favorite artist. I think my stuff is decent but he's just levels upon levels WAY above what I can do. And he does it all with paint. The preciseness and detail the guy gets just amazes me. A really good writer is the same way. The creativeness, they way they use words to draw people in , establish a setting, a person, a feel, is hard to do consistantly. A lot of times we like to do things certain ways, but those ways don't always work to get a project off with a more finished, more perfected look/feel. It's very hard to do all that and make it feel natural.

So yeah, getting to that level is hard, and dealing with all the breaking down of self is very hard. I guess boot camp would be a good example. It's hard as hell, especially on the person being broken down. But the people doing the savaging do it to help, not to ruin the person. If James is at the level where he has to go through that, and more so that he did go through that, and on top of it is still trying, then James man, you've got my respect.
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Grinder could probably give you a link of some stuff I did a couple of years ago. I ain't perfect, but I was please with most of them.
ChicagosFinest
Thats not bad its beter than a lot of people! If i needed an illustrator I would tap you.
fistandantilus4.0
I didn't say it was bad, but it isn't great either.

If i needed an illustrator I would tap you.

gently?

So... nothing more to add on dragon plots?Really trying to get some ideas on where to take this in my games.
Grinder
Include the idea of a drake addicted to Black Jack and Hookers, who's owes a lot of favour (and/or a lot of money) to the Mafia. That would be an unexpected twist for your players, I'm sure. biggrin.gif
Especially when the drake is forced to hire runner for wetworking his master, because his friends in the Mafia want that.
fistandantilus4.0
*hangs head, walks away*
Grinder
Sorry.

biggrin.gif

Had some cocktails earlier this evening...
FrankTrollman
If your Drake got whacked, the first two people you'd talk to would be Lofwyr and Icewing, because:
  1. Lofwyr is a total cock.
  2. Noone is better at using forensic magic (or any magic) on a drake than Dollmaker

Which means that the most likely suspects for whacking him are Lofwyr and Ghostwalker, because having assassins kill one of the 'Kopfs' friends would be a sure fire way to invite him to dinner.

But the next most likely is anyone who didn't like the Kopf and wasn't a powerful immortal. Swarzkopf is going to suspect mundane assassination last, so really by the time he even entertains the idea the trail is going to be ice cold. As the Russian Court, the Vory, the Hungarian Resistance League, or anyone else who wants there to be less draconic influence in Eastern Europe, you can probably just shoot his drakes and he won't figure it out.

It's a very safe way to piss in a dragon's Cheerios actually. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

-Frank
Grinder
You are my new hero. love.gif How to make a elaborate plot of my idea... that's great, man.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Frank)
No one is better at using forensic magic (or any magic) on a drake than Dollmaker

Thanks Frank, I hadn't thought of that particular. Another POV is defintely appreciated. The second part was where I was coming from originally.
ChicagosFinest
What can you say? It's Frank! I need to pick his brain about bugs sometime. I bet cha he gots some sick and twisted theories on why they opperate and I would love to hear them!

Loffy is a cock, I'm glad we all agree on that. What I'm concerned about though is what is Swortzy gonna do about it.

It could also be the Atlantean foundation or IOND. I think one of there leaders got in a verbal fight with Swartzy and pissed him off enough to take action in a covert way of course biggrin.gif . Would they have killed his drake?
Fortune
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest)
It could also be the Atlantean foundation ...

It ain't Atlantean! Sheila/Alachia wouldn't use the Foundation, even covertly, to further her Downcycle Hunting agendas. wink.gif
Grinder
What makes you sure about that?
ChicagosFinest
I sense sarcasm within that comment
Grinder
My sarcasm detector is off today.
ChicagosFinest
It's cool I got you my friend Fortune is slippery like that. wink.gif
Fortune
She didn't get where she is, and live as long as she has, and become as powerful as she is (arguably the 3rd strongest spellcaster in the Sixth World) by being a total idiot.
ChicagosFinest
I just want Atlantis to sprout up again. I wonder if it would be taken over by the corps ASAP being a hotbed for magical research and such. What did ED have to say about Atlantis?
Grinder
Nothing.
The only countries that were described in (more or less) detail were Barsaive (Ukraine), Rugaria (Romania?), Vasgothia (Germany), Thera (well, an island in the Mediterranean), Indrisa (India), forget the name that Italy got, Marac (North Africa, not sure which country excatly) and forgot the name Egypt got.

fistandantilus4.0
Talea

I agree with Fortune

"Atlantis" can and will stay dead. It's just a red herring anyways.
Mistwalker
The Drake was taken out by a shadowrunning team, hired by a Johnston, who was hired by (several levels here), hired by Ares. Damien Knight was about to make a big, but subtle move, and needed Loffy distracted.
What could be a bigger distraction than having a GD go think of you with revenge on their mind.
fistandantilus4.0
nice twist
FlakJacket
Maybe it's the alcohol and early morning talking, but wasn't Thera meant to be Atlantis?
Mistwalker
I always thought that Thera was Atlantis.
ChicagosFinest
QUOTE (Mistwalker @ Nov 18 2006, 06:44 PM)
The Drake was taken out by a shadowrunning team, hired by a Johnston, who was hired by (several levels here), hired by Ares. Damien Knight was about to make a big, but subtle move, and needed Loffy distracted.
What could be a bigger distraction than having a GD go think of you with revenge on their mind.

There Knight goes screwing with Chicago and the bugs again! I call for his head biggrin.gif

Just think about him and Villers having a company BBQ. How many people do you think the to of them could screw over if they combined their power and influance?
SL James
Everyone?
PlatonicPimp
Yes, Thera is the source of the Atlantis myth (that is what you get for having your city float with magic, idiots), but the modern day atlantean foundation uses it as a smokescreen. They're all "we're researching the lost past, trying to find the truth behind atlantis", but they have an immortal elf heading the thing who already Knows. So she sends her deluded flunkies to places she knows have ruins to dig up things she'd find useful, all the while feeding them revisionist "atlantean" justifications for what they are finding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012