Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BP cost for initiation?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
IvanTank
Anyone know what should be the building point cost for initiation?
Jaid
personally, i would set it equal to a point of attribute; 10 points.

this, of course, assumes that for some crazy reason you are actually allowing initiation in chargen.
Konsaki
He is probably running a 500 or 600BP game, though I wouldnt figure much more than to agree with your 10BP suggestion.
IvanTank
I am mostly wondering for the case of creating more experienced runners that the PCs would run across (or against) using the prime runners system.
IvanTank
On a related note, would the cost of increasing magic above 6 be 25 points per increase?
Jaid
strictly speaking, only the last, maximum point, of any attribute costs extra.

as far as creating experienced runners for the players to go up against, just decide what you think will be a challenge in terms of stats and give them that. no point in overcomplicating things by making you go through the entire chargen, after all.
IvanTank
But I like chargen smile.gif
IvanTank
Personally, I think that BP should only be able to be spent on 2 things, nuyen and karma. The nuyen you spend on your gear as usual, but also on contracts kind of like SR3, and all of your starting attributes/skills/spells/foci/complex forms/spirits/sprites/whatever are purchased with the karma. That way, you don't need to come up with to different costs for increasing attributes/skills or whatever.
lorechaser
Personally, I'd build them with 400, then spend 100 karma or so.
Jack Kain
QUOTE (lorechaser)
Personally, I'd build them with 400, then spend 100 karma or so.

Yeah thats what I was kinda thinking.
IvanTank
meh, the book says build them with up to 250% of the BPs you gave the players...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012