Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post 2070 modus operandi for corps
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Kesslan
Right, so I only finaly recently aquired Corporate Download, only like.. several years late or something. Really nifty book.

Of course some of it's info becomes errelevant by 2070. So it gets me thinking, what exactly do you folk all think would have changed for the various corps that are no longer around or more precisely, arnt what they used to be?

Cross Applied Technologies for example. My understanding is currently that it's actually still around, albiet worse for wear after it was torn up like the baby jesus being thrown into a wood chipper once Lucian Cross died in the planecrash. And as a result is no longer a AAA corp. From what I understand though it isnt quite a carcass yet.

And then there's NeoNET. Which merged two of the corps I allways sort of rooted for (Novatech and Transys Neuronet) along with Erika. I sort of have to wonder how they handle runners now, becuase Transys and Novatech had two completely different ways of handling the shadows it seems to me.

The rest of the megas I'm sure will remain otherwise unchanged in their methods of dealing with runners (Which leaves oddly Ares so far as the best one to work for it seems to me, as by CD they generally wont screw you on purpose)

I largely wonder about this as at least with Novatech the standard method of operation seemed to be to capture runners alive rather than KOS like many of the other megas. (Actually it seems mostly only Ares and Nova shared their traits quite so simlairly).

I personally hope they at least eventually come out with an update to CD for the post 2070's era. As I allways loved that kinda fluff that really helped the various corps stand out from each other. (And once more proving why you should never, ever work for SK if you can ever bloody well help it)

Also, on an unrelated not since something reminded me of it. But even after several years of playing SR now.. I still dont know.. WHAT THE ****** are Nerps???!?!? eek.gif wobble.gif grinbig.gif rotate.gif talker.gif ohplease.gif frown.gif
Konsaki
Non Essential Role Playing Stuff

Toothpaste, soap, toilet paper, that sorta shit.
Kesslan
Ahhh ok.

Cause isnt there even an SR rule/fluff book with a NURPs advert?
Blade
NERPS is mostly a joke.
Some 2nd ed. books had ads for NERPS, some books refers to NERPS but nothing ever explains what NERPS are. The only thing we know for sure is that NERPS are common use products.

You might see a lot of explanations to what NERPS stand for, but I'm not sure if anyone still knows what was the original meaning. (if it ever had one).
Kesslan
Ah yeah was just re-reading sprawl survival guide at work while checking up on something for a game. Bung on page 10 makes a statement there too refering to it as a food product.

I was about to ask about the content of Nerps, but on second thought I'd rather not know.
Bung

Konsaki's definition though would most certainly fit though and the NURPs adverts are just a sort of inside joke that keeps poping up in the odd book here and there.
(Taking that explanation into consideration at least anyway)
mfb
it's NERPS, not NURPS. and, yeah, there are ads. NERPS stands for Nothing Ever Really Pleases Steve--referring, of course, to Stephen Baldwin, who originally invented Shadowrun and the cyberpunk genre.
Blade
A little search of topic with NERPS in the title turns up :
this
this
this
and this
Kesslan
QUOTE (mfb)
it's NERPS, not NURPS. and, yeah, there are ads. NERPS stands for Nothing Ever Really Pleases Steve--referring, of course, to Stephen Baldwin, who originally invented Shadowrun and the cyberpunk genre.

Yeah sorry typoed. Sheesh biggrin.gif
mfb
btw, i was just kidding about Stephen Baldwin. it was actually Steve Buscemi!
Kesslan
MFB. I am going to send drop bears after you! I swear it!

But on a more serious note, I take it no one as yet has any real oppinions on the OP? I mean I think a good chunk of the changes at least with the merger into NeoNET would take some figguring out, afterall you've suddenly got another AAA (At least I think the merger makes them AAA) mega with a dragon onboard.While Celidyr (SP? If i'm wrong I dont mean it! Please dont eat me nice net dragon type guy!) seems abit more laid back to me than Lofwyr for example, I.. just... dont know.

SR tends to do a good job teaching you never ever to trust a dragon, and that dealing with one at all in any capacity is quite likely to be ultimately detrimental to your ability to retain your status as a living entity.

I mean I assume to some extend the dragons minions would continue to serve their previous purposes, but would those purposes then be extended to encorporate the whole? As the Seraphim once worked for Cross? Or would they instead simply remain centered around the dragons regular doings, leaving Lanier to conduct buisness as usual when it comes to shadow operatives? Certainly to me it seems Miles shares one thing in common with Celidyr in that he puts more importance in information where runners are concered (Especially runners working against him).
mfb
NeoNET is a AAA because they own JRJ, a corporation that holds a permanent seat on the CC. JRJ was part of Novatech's portfolio, and Novatech got it from Fuchi when that mega broke up. i think someone hexed that stock.

i expect Transys Neuronet to basically transform into a gigantic robot and destroy the earth. they were big news when they were just a little AA; i'd guess that they had to spend a significant amount of effort avoiding takeovers by the big boys. now that they are in a AAA, they don't have to worry about that nearly as much. on the other hand, they probably get tapped to pick up the slack when one of the less-capable divisions falls behind, so maybe TN won't go all Voltron on us after all.

as for actual operating procedures, i doubt much will change. at the ground level, i view most corporations as being pretty much interchangeable; you can't make more than very broad generalizations about how a Johnson from corporation X will act, as opposed to one from corporation Y. there are minor details that will vary, but i don't think you're more likely to get screwed working for Aztechnology than Yamatetsu.
Kesslan
Yeah except that by offical fluff Ares and Novatech J's were actulaly pretty upfront and honest with you.

Ares especially going by the CD book. Nova wasnt half bad either in that area. Where as Renraku for example is listed as havnig an increasingly bad shadow rep because it basically keeps sending folk on suicide runs.

And how SK usually cant get anyone willingly so they go through a quabillion shell companies and such to greatly muddy the waters.
Wakshaani
There's a TON of info out there, of course, and speculation on the future. I'm most curious about Aztechnology's attempts to recover from teh *drubbing* it took for, what, ten solid years there?, Wuxing's rising status, and how this new "Horizon" works out. I mean, there's no new Shadowbeat, so it's helpless! biggrin.gif

Ares hasn't changed much, other than having waaaaay more bugs in it. They're kinda creepy with how bugcentric the magical research sections are getting. With Large Brown Nipples out of the Veep spot, they've lost access to core governmental influence, and certainly aren't fans of the reunification movement. Overall, business as usual, but, the magical side is freaky.

Saeder-Krupp is unstoppable, having taken the #1 position and showing no signs of letting go. Golden Snout has basicly won at this stage. Nothing new here, just the same old same old. Boring corp.

Shiawase is up to something, but, nobody really knows what. The new board will wind up different than the old one, in terms of what they're doing, but the Oldest Mega is still gonna play it conservative. Poor guys really need a plotline.

Renraku has, hopefully, shaken off the effects of the Shutdown, but the financial loss has staggered 'em and the PR damage was enormous. Luckily for them, several nukes went off and the Matrix crashed, so, people had bigger things to worry about... Renraku's board of directors must have prayed *really* hard. They're still in a rebuilding mode, and are still a JapanCo, but, their future is kinda dim. In particular, they do *great* VR work ... but everything's gone AR. There is no joy in mudville.

MCT is building mroe drones, ninjas, and Yakuza ties. And, you know, being MCT.

Evo, formerly Yamatetsu, has fully moved to Russia, now, and set up the new ID as the Meta-Friendly Corp. Troll-sized clothing, Dwarf-sized tools, and HUGE ties to the Russian Vory. Still a pretty small Mega which doesn't seem to really *do* anything, other than tick people off by existing.

Horizon is an unknown.

Wuxing is ascending, big time, but we don't have more than that yet.

Aztechnology got slapped around for a decade. It survived purely on consumer goods (NERPS!) and bank reserves which are bound to be bone dry by now. Probably had several loans from Aztlan, too, so has a debt score, if it ever cares to pay it back. We'll have to wait for Shadows of Latin America to see what's up.

NeoNet is putting the grid in everywhere and basicly rolling around in stacks of money like a cat in catnip. They're basicly every single DotComMillionaire company rolled into one. Probably drives villers a bit bonkers, but, he's used to teh three-man dance, even if one of teh men is a dragon. He should do fine.

I look forward to official stuff, tho. Heck, I'd love to *write* some official stuff, but, I think that ship's already sailed, so.
mfb
well, Kesslan, also consider that Ares is--after a decade or so of 'fighting' bugs--breeding them. consider that Novatech was formed by one man's hostile takeover of a third of holdings of the corporation he formerly ran. if they've got secrets like that, what other secrets do they have?

CD is awesome, but i believe that the parts you're referring to are in-character. sure, Ares has a rep for being up-front and honest--they work hard to create and maintain that rep. Novatech is everyone's favorite scrappy underdog--an 'underdog' fabricated in a few short months by the power of one man's personal fortune. Aztechnology is the big bad guy. S-K is run by a dragon. even the stuff that's factually true doesn't matter much at street level, because street level is so far removed from those things.

i mean, let's take S-K. Lofwyr's a powerful, really smart, really ruthless dragon. if you go on a run that crosses him, you're in deep doo-doo. but, seriously, S-K is the biggest corporation in the world. how many S-K-sponsored runs are a direct part of (or pose significant opposition to) Lofwyr's plans? a tenth of a percent? a hundredth? how 'bout Aztechnology--how many AZT-sponsored runs have anything at all to do with blood magic?

it's like... i dunno, the difference between chocolate and vanilla ice cream. yeah, they taste different, but 99% of the ingredients are identical. they're both cold, and they'll both rip out your throat as soon as look at you.
Kesslan
But.. but.. the files! They say their big and fuzzy! And friendly! And will give me cookies and milk, and tuck me in to bed at night and read me bedtime stories! wobble.gif

I dunno, I suppose everyone has their favorite megas. Novatech and Ares at least at one point were the only megas I'd ever as a runner consider actually working for on a regular knowing basis.

Though yeah now that you remind me of how much Ares is playing around with the bugs I sure as hell would stay away from them even more than SK. NeoNET has the whole dragon angle too, but he dosent seem to have quite the mean fragger rep Lofwyr does.

Renraku can go to their elitist hell and burn in it.

MCT i'm abit iffy on, but the Yaks do have that whole honour thing going and actually sort of belive in it.

The Azzies are into mondo bloodmagic, sacrifice and all sorts of bad drek. Not quite (in my mind) as bad as messing with the bugs and such, but pretty close. At least you know where you stand with them (Total cannon fodder)

I still havent quite gotten round to reading the section on Wuxing. They have allways sort of confused me.

Shiawase... well .. who knows now that there's that big stir up on the BOD. I suppose their sort of ok.. for a Mega and all.

I mean even Dues wasnt such a bad guy in a way for an uber evil AI. He at least let you know where you stand. "You will bend to my will or you will die and be horrifically experimented on, hell, I might horricially experiment on you anyway!"

Ahhh man, all the various angles, it seems no matter what choice you make, in the end. It's the wrong one.
Wakshaani
In my heart of hearts, I want a section on Aztechnology to have a few pirated memos, where the bidness types talk about the failure of the magical branch, of how much drek has been tossed their way due to it, and how little there is to *show* for it on the bottom line and, in esence, to bust them down to toilet scrubbing.

"We have tested the blodd magic business paradigm and found it wonting. As such, we well be returning to a profit-based strategem effective immediately."

Oh, there's still some Blood Mages working in the pyramids and the like, but Aztechnology: 4th edition should be alll about the NERPS, rolling out new food products, shampoo, and going all Wal-Mart on people. Heck, if memory serves, Aztechnology owns Disney, so they can unleash that as well.

To Joe Consumer, Aztechnology's a cool company, after all. Might as well refocus them on what brung 'em to the dance, rather than the black magic which has turned basicly everyone "In the know" against them.

Just the notion that new players in 4th ed wouldn't think of a priest holding a still-beating heart over a victims head so much as a new Princess movie and adorable animal mascots.

I don't know, it *amuses* me.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Wakshaani)
In my heart of hearts, I want a section on Aztechnology to have a few pirated memos, where the bidness types talk about the failure of the magical branch, of how much drek has been tossed their way due to it, and how little there is to *show* for it on the bottom line and, in esence, to bust them down to toilet scrubbing.

"We have tested the blodd magic business paradigm and found it wonting. As such, we well be returning to a profit-based strategem effective immediately."

Oh, there's still some Blood Mages working in the pyramids and the like, but Aztechnology: 4th edition should be alll about the NERPS, rolling out new food products, shampoo, and going all Wal-Mart on people. Heck, if memory serves, Aztechnology owns Disney, so they can unleash that as well.

To Joe Consumer, Aztechnology's a cool company, after all. Might as well refocus them on what brung 'em to the dance, rather than the black magic which has turned basicly everyone "In the know" against them.

Just the notion that new players in 4th ed wouldn't think of a priest holding a still-beating heart over a victims head so much as a new Princess movie and adorable animal mascots.

I don't know, it *amuses* me.

Unfortunately, that rests on one (false) assumption: That there are bisuness types who hold sway over the magical types.

Unfortunately, at least as I understand it, Aztechnology and Aztlan themselves are both giant fronts for the biggest blood-magic ring in the world. They were started by blood magic, for blood magic, with no intention of stopping. Hell, they've 'used' Toxic Shamans and Blood Magic for ages - it's their #1 thing. Everything else is the guys who were told to keep the blood magic out of the sight of the world - how do you cover it up? You don't. But you pull so much Disney-colored and Stuffer Shack-flavored wool over the public's eyes that they don't care enough to look deeper.
SL James
QUOTE (mfb)
NeoNET is a AAA because they own JRJ, a corporation that holds a permanent seat on the CC. JRJ was part of Novatech's portfolio, and Novatech got it from Fuchi when that mega broke up. i think someone hexed that stock.

Considering JRJ is a very obvious stand-in for RJ Reynolds? Nah...

QUOTE (mfb)
well, Kesslan, also consider that Ares is--after a decade or so of 'fighting' bugs--breeding them.

In less than a decade, close as I can tell.

QUOTE (Kesslan)
I personally hope they at least eventually come out with an update to CD for the post 2070's era. As I allways loved that kinda fluff that really helped the various corps stand out from each other. (And once more proving why you should never, ever work for SK if you can ever bloody well help it)

I don't think that's in the works.

QUOTE (Synner)
Further down the line (tentative titles and in no particular order):
Running Wild
Runner’s Companion
Feral Cities
Awakened Haunts
Cities of Intrigue
Corp Guide 2070.

-- Peter Taylor (aka Synner)

QUOTE (Wakshaani)
To Joe Consumer, Aztechnology's a cool company, after all. Might as well refocus them on what brung 'em to the dance,

Drugs and grey-market consumer products?

Eh. They're the ones hunting down the grey market now.

QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
Unfortunately, at least as I understand it, Aztechnology and Aztlan themselves are both giant fronts for the biggest blood-magic ring in the world. They were started by blood magic, for blood magic, with no intention of stopping.

Were.

CD makes it pretty clear that it is no longer a front for blood magic and Horror summoning.

That's the Apep Consortium's job, now.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (SL James)
CD makes it pretty clear that it is no longer a front for blood magic and Horror summoning.

That's a change that I like. I don't like havin a corp taht can out right be branded as "evil". Just my personal taste, but it makes for more interesting scenarios when they go through expecting cold hearted killers working for the Azzies and just find Joe-Salryman and his family instead.

IIRC, the Gestalt pretty much lost their grip after most of them died back in '57 and Mr. Darke disapeared. Ramos or whatever his name is makes for a pretty good 'bad guy' if you need one, but I like the blood magic stuff a bit more low key.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (SL James)

That's a change that I like. I don't like havin a corp taht can out right be branded as "evil". Just my personal taste, but it makes for more interesting scenarios when they go through expecting cold hearted killers working for the Azzies and just find Joe-Salryman and his family instead.

IIRC, the Gestalt pretty much lost their grip after most of them died back in '57 and Mr. Darke disapeared. Ramos or whatever his name is makes for a pretty good 'bad guy' if you need one, but I like the blood magic stuff a bit more low key.

For one, I don't think I much care for that change...

If you can't have any clear-cut good guys (and I suspect that they had Ares start fooling with the bugs only to add some mud to the equation) then at least you should have some clear-cut Evil for Evil's Sake to array your muddied forces against.
mfb
that's the thing. Aztechnology was never "clear-cut bad guys". yes, the big kahunas at the top of the pyramid were crazy-evil. but that's got nothing to do with the AZT Johnson in Seattle who's been assigned to find and neutralize a suspected Seraphim. when the AZT Johnson in Seattle screws you, it's not because he's secretly a blood magician, it's because it's cheaper to screw you than pay you.
fistandantilus4.0
Well that's kinda the point, making it all muddy and gray. if you want them evil, then just say the rumored dragon behind the Big A is pushing the "evil agenda" again. Just a matter of preference really. but like you said, Ares used to be the "Good" corp, so they pointed out some of their bad stuff. Same kind of thing about how in Threats 1, FAB III was explained as being an "Oh my god, we can't let this get out", and instead they flooded a city with it. There is no good and evil, because a corp isn't a person. You can't assign moral values to something like that. I'm still trying to figure out ways to show the Draco Foundation in it's gray shades because of that perception. Once again, a matter of personal taste.
SL James
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Dec 20 2006, 03:08 PM)
if you want them evil, then just say the rumored dragon behind the Big A is pushing the "evil agenda" again.

But Dunkelzahn is dead.

Or, well, dead enough not to be running Aztechnology anymore.

I'm still trying to figure out ways to show the Draco Foundation in it's gray shades because of that perception. Once again, a matter of personal taste.

You... You're kidding, right?

There's the lack of benevolence in "harboring" refugee drakes, the fact that it's now run by someone who might see now use in holding onto magical toys she can use (Like the First Key of Power will ever be given to the Seelie Court, and the Council of Princes officially no longer exists), the fact that it has financial holdings in God-knows how many places worth untold billions that gives away a significant amount each year according to the will and law (5% of its assets a year under DC law), an intelligence network as big or bigger than any national or corporate intelligence agency, or that it is involved in whatever political machinations are left over from the Seven Year Plan and Daviar's leadership, as well as whatever they have now been given free reign to engage in themselves.

Christ, the DF is probably the most standard "evil" organization in my game world.
fistandantilus4.0
No I wasn't kidding, but I like your take on it. I guess it's just a matter of changing the way it's percieved. Maybe I jsut need to use Aina more in it as well, and stop assuming all those magic goodies are just sitting in a vault somewhere. Aina spying on Schwartzy is a good start now that I think of it. Thanks James.

FrankTrollman
If you really need a way to make the Draco Foundation look bad, consider the following:
  • While Dunkelzahn was alive, he had a board seat in AZT.
  • After his death, blood magic got put on the back burner. Almost as if there was less of a voting stock impetus to fund blood magic.
  • The draco Foundation has as its official policy to scrub out blood magic in Aztlan, not the world.
  • The Draco Foundation keeps a list of the most powerful and influential blood mages, and has an open bounty of 1,000,000 nuyen.gif if you bring them in alive.

Got that? Now that Dunkelzahn isn't running AZT anymore, the Draco Foundation is doing everything in its power to relocate blood magic up north. They don't hunt blood mages, they hire shadowrunners to extract them from other organizations.

The Draco Foundation treats Blood Mages the way NEONet treats computer scientists. The DF is the biggest repository of blood magic knowledge on the planet, no exceptions.

QUOTE (Dunkelzahn's Will)
To further encourage an end to the use of blood magic by Aztechnology and other parties, I offer a bounty of 1 million nuyen on any blood mages captured alive and delivered to the Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical Research for the purposes of studying the effects of blood magic use on metahumanity. I further authorize the Draco Foundation to provide suitable rewards for the receipt of verifiable accounts of blood magic use, the rewards to reflect the usefulness of the information provided.

Only the bolded part means anything, the rest is just sugar coating on that bitter pill so that people won't catch what's going on.

-Frank
ShadowDragon8685
And I thought Aztechnology had good spin-doctors. They need to hire you, Frank.

You've manged to spin the one confirmably beneveloent creature and entity in the Sixth World into the Pure Evil of Our Times. (Or rather, the Times after Our Times.)

I'll bet you could make the Care Bears look like the Third Reich.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
You've manged to spin the one confirmably beneveloent creature and entity in the Sixth World into the Pure Evil of Our Times. (Or rather, the Times after Our Times.)

notworthy.gif
SL James
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Dec 20 2006, 03:43 PM)
No I wasn't kidding, but I like your take on it. I guess it's just a matter of changing the way it's percieved. Maybe I jsut need to use Aina more in it as well, and stop assuming all those magic goodies are just sitting in a vault somewhere. Aina spying on Schwartzy is a good start now that I think of it. Thanks James.

It's nice to know all the time I spend here goes to some good every once in a while.

QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Dec 20 2006, 06:06 PM)

Bene ... ben... be... BWAAAHAHAHAHA.

If nothing else, the most giving philanthropists and foundations have, to a person/sponsor, been funded through the stomping of boot heels to heads (for the Rockerfellers, this is literal). The DF is no different.

See, the one thing that keeps me from making the DF balls-out pure evil is that I've always deferred to others about magic. So I honestly never thought about the blood mage angle, or can't see how they exploit the toxic shamans/mages (although I bet it's something good). However, I'd like to think that they are using Apep as an intermediary, since Dunk and the people now running the foundation weren't/aren't stupid.
SL James
Dammit. Double post.
Fortune
Confirmably benevolent? Have you read his Will? eek.gif
fistandantilus4.0
What is this ben-ev-o-lent that you speak of?

yeah, I love how things that seemed so wonderful at first get completely twisted around in practice. Art Dankwalther.

And Ryan Mercury of course. He was so nice when we'd never heard of him.

Oh and that "token of esteem" to that Glenn guy. nyahnyah.gif
SL James
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Dec 20 2006, 08:08 PM)

I don't imagine we'll be seeing him again any time soon.

He's either dead, looking for Nadja, or sitting next to her on a beach in Perth admiring sunsets.
fistandantilus4.0
I like to tell my self that Axler offed him and took over Assets Inc personally.
SL James
Well, I never offered up an explanation for how he'd have died.

Although I've never been part of the "I Hate Ryan Mercury" camp, so I'd rather it be options two or three. Death is always so limiting for plot characters.

OTOH, it's a lot of fun. But I can kill plenty of NPCs and get the same feeling.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (SL James)

He's either dead, looking for Nadja, or sitting next to her on a beach in Perth admiring sunsets.

If he's next to her on a beach, I garuntee it's not the sunset that he's admiring.

It's probably something significantly smaller (than a sunset, at least). And brown.
Lord Ben
Who are these people?
SL James
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Dec 20 2006, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (SL James @ Dec 20 2006, 10:16 PM)

If he's next to her on a beach, I garuntee it's not the sunset that he's admiring.

It's probably something significantly smaller (than a sunset, at least). And brown.

*Whoosh*

Try again.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Lord Ben)
Who are these people?

Ryan Mercury is the protagonist from the Dragon Heart series that deals with the death of Dunkelzhan, and IMO, a big ugly Mary Sue plot device that has served it's function and should be moved on (off the mortal coil).

I'm personally all for NPC and PC deaths, mostly because when you see the same names all the time with no change, it seems to promote the status quo, where when people kick it, like the good Captain, it reminds you (and you're PC) just what can and will happen if you keep sticking your head to far out. It makes the world more fluid and alive IMO.
ShadowDragon8685
I still say that Captain Chaos is not dead, he's just evolved into a (Ghost in the) Machine Spirit.
fistandantilus4.0
why Machine, why not Data?

Even if you're right, it still serves the same person, if not OOC, at least IC. Still bugs me that Dunkie is still "alive" after a fashion. If he was a spirit stuck in a zombie, I figure he'd either try and get back, or try to move on.

Had a GM with an interesting plot where he destroyed the cyber zombie, then put his essence into Nadja Daviar using a version of the ED Mystic Vessel spell, then transferred his essence to a fetus once she got knocked up by Ryan. under the assumption that a drake is made from dragon blood (Book of Blue spirits being a blood ritual of some sort, once again assumption, similar to the ED spell create life), using said blood to be born again into the world as a "human" with the ability to use his potential to become a dragon again. All without Nadja and Ryan's knowledge of course. Interesting idea I thought. Wonder why Nadja dropped out of sight? Pregnant maybe?

Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Still bugs me that Dunkie is still "alive" after a fashion. If he was a spirit stuck in a zombie, I figure he'd either try and get back, or try to move on.

The thing is that he worked damn hard to be in exactly the position he is in. Why would he want to change that now?
Trax
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
I still say that Captain Chaos is not dead, he's just evolved into a (Ghost in the) Machine Spirit.

Well, there is a group of Technomancers in Runner Havens taking order (or something like that) from a guy they call The Captain. Plus as it said in the will the Draco Foundation is to take care of the guy in case the program did something to him.

Hell, maybe we'll find out more in Emergence or Unwired.
Trax
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)

Theywere actually communists. Or was that the Smurphs?
Konsaki
The Smurphs were polygamists. All those male smurphs and only Smurphette?
Kesslan
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)

I'd like to agree with you, to me the bit where he 'dies' and is 'saved' seems to me to be from his sort of viewpoint, and I really dont think Cap is the type to suicide by saying yes to deletion.

As for the DF... I dont know. It's really hard to say what the hell the deal is there. Also it's very hard to say just how much Art's little shinanigans were actually planed out by the big D. Yes, he gave him totally crazy sums of money. But he didnt really 'snap' untill he finally met up with Richard at the very party Art was hosting.

Of course there -is- that twist fate power dragons have, so who knows? I'm also not quite sure I'd cout art out of the picture just yet. He could very well be, but the fluff around that certainly leaves the outcome rather... open.

From what I understand, the big D becomming a spirt wasnt actually something he planned. I really should try to get the books covering that though and read em myself since the only info I have of that is off various SR timelines posted on the net. I wasnt even aware, untill quite recently that is, that he even -was- a spirit. Much less had arranged for his own death.
FrankTrollman

I do write Aztechnology press releases.

If nothing else, the most giving philanthropists and foundations have, to a person/sponsor, been funded through the stomping of boot heels to heads (for the Rockerfellers, this is literal). The DF is no different.

Behind every great philanthropy is a great fortune.
Behind every great fortune is a great crime.

That happened to some people, but the Captain was fairly convincingly deleted.

Had a GM with an interesting plot where he destroyed the cyber zombie, then put his essence into Nadja Daviar using a version of the ED Mystic Vessel spell, then transferred his essence to a fetus once she got knocked up by Ryan. under the assumption that a drake is made from dragon blood (Book of Blue spirits being a blood ritual of some sort, once again assumption, similar to the ED spell create life), using said blood to be born again into the world as a "human" with the ability to use his potential to become a dragon again. All without Nadja and Ryan's knowledge of course. Interesting idea I thought. Wonder why Nadja dropped out of sight? Pregnant maybe?

Interesting. But he made the Dragon Heart, I don't see how he could persist outside of a cyberzombie. He is dead, he can't get around that if he's in a bod which is normally alive.

The Care Bears are militant defenders of the status quo. People who are deemed insufficiently content with the current administration get "the stare" until they evidence behavior consistent with being happy with the government.

In short, the Care Bears travel in groups to assesss the opinions of people in the world and use thought control and laser beams on any citizens they find with dissident view points. They are an elite force of thought police who force the have-nots to accept the positions of their own under priviledged selves and the extractive Care Bear Government that keeps them down in the first place.

Care Bears produce nothing except "joy" which is itself a hollow sham that is forced upon the public with Care Bear Chest Beams. The Care Bear regime is by any measure a sick joke: no elections (the leader of the Care Bears is decided by "acclimiation" after testing the strength of their mind control powers), a GDP you could lose in a sock drawer, and not even so much as a dedicated oppostion. And yet, the Care Bear Regime boasts an approval rating of one hundred percent - since of course anyone who voices disapproval is either re-educated or dissappeared altogether.

Making the Care Bears look like the Third Reich isn't even hard. Hitler would have wet himself over the things that Care Bears do every day.

-Frank
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)

I do write Aztechnology press releases.

Behind every great philanthropy is a great fortune.
Behind every great fortune is a great crime.

That happened to some people, but the Captain was fairly convincingly deleted.

Interesting. But he made the Dragon Heart, I don't see how he could persist outside of a cyberzombie. He is dead, he can't get around that if he's in a bod which is normally alive.

The Care Bears are militant defenders of the status quo. People who are deemed insufficiently content with the current administration get "the stare" until they evidence behavior consistent with being happy with the government.

In short, the Care Bears travel in groups to assesss the opinions of people in the world and use thought control and laser beams on any citizens they find with dissident view points. They are an elite force of thought police who force the have-nots to accept the positions of their own under priviledged selves and the extractive Care Bear Government that keeps them down in the first place.

Care Bears produce nothing except "joy" which is itself a hollow sham that is forced upon the public with Care Bear Chest Beams. The Care Bear regime is by any measure a sick joke: no elections (the leader of the Care Bears is decided by "acclimiation" after testing the strength of their mind control powers), a GDP you could lose in a sock drawer, and not even so much as a dedicated oppostion. And yet, the Care Bear Regime boasts an approval rating of one hundred percent - since of course anyone who voices disapproval is either re-educated or dissappeared altogether.

Making the Care Bears look like the Third Reich isn't even hard. Hitler would have wet himself over the things that Care Bears do every day.

-Frank

And this is exactly why nothing written by FrankTrollman should be taken with any dosage of salt smalelr than that carried in a post-Panamax supercarrier.
Grinder
Shadowrun is dystopian future, never forget that. wink.gif
ChicagosFinest
Does anyone know if the 2070 Corp book is going to include organizations like the DF and AF? Is it going to go more in depth about A's AA's and detail more about AAA's? (obviously AAA's).

I'm hoping it gets set up by the other upcomming releases.

My Favorate crop to hate is Ares since the bug thing and the desolation of Chicago (ONLY THE GREATEST CITY ON EARTH!). Although the man behind ares kicks ass I still want his head on a stick, or for him to get even more powerful by soaking up Serephim from Cross. I cant belieive the writers bailed out Detroit. Michigan as a state is an armpit of blue collar working class poverty (or so it seems).

Trans is everyone's favorate and I look forward to seeing the three man dance with one of the worlds most powerful men and the laid back dragon (oh and dont forget the other dragon in the machine probably behind the scens).

Azzies well there the Azzies and got screwed dealing with a few dragons. But now that dukies gone and they executed one I think there on the road to victory once more and excited to see what happens.

My Sleeper is Wuxing because there overdue for a bit of a beat down. Everything has gone there way and something is going to come out of it sooner or later.

I am anxious to see short, meduim, and long term plots set up in the book and also the kind of personalities that corps now have as a result of the crash. So to Frank, Synner, James and everyone else..... spit hot fire on the pages and bring that biach out!
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Dec 20 2006, 03:08 PM)
if you want them evil, then just say the rumored dragon behind the Big A is pushing the "evil agenda" again.

But Dunkelzahn is dead.

Or, well, dead enough not to be running Aztechnology anymore.

Dunk wasn't running Aztechnology, though he was definitely sitting on the Board. The rumors of the evil dragon running the show have not gone away with the Big D's death and reappear in Shadows of Latin America.

Of course, since we know Dunk was on the Board, you would think he'd be aware of who/what was running the show at AZT. And you'd have to wonder why he allowed it to continue. But then again, Dunkelzahn always did have a different way of dealing with things than his brother does.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012