Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Backstage Pass
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Draug
Indeed. The world of HTML hides many secrets. Yesss...
Digital Heroin
Apologies on the delay folks, my vacation's been thoroughly flipped, and I'm only now out to see family. I hadn't anticipated such a delay, but I'm now operating off of the same computer I used to roll on back in 97, which is just eerie, and slow as all hell. I'll be updating the IC in a few, and will have word back to all OOC concerns shortly after.
Grinder
Finally made my first post and let Gabriel arrive at the scene. Sorry for being so late, won't happen again.
Draug
A beating!

Welcome aboard, Grinder. wink.gif

EDIT: We don't hate you, it's just that our characters do. nyahnyah.gif
Grinder
That's cool, in-party tensions keep the game funny. biggrin.gif

But he's only small and a little shy, the perfect contrast to our troll-gang!
Cedric Rolfsson
I am no troll and I don't hate you, I just figured you were waiting to make sure it wasn't an ambush.
Fortune
Digital Heroin: Cyber and Firearms scanners at rating 6.

Oh, and hi there everyone. biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
Alrighty then, with our last straggler in, and our mystery guest in place, all looks good. Regarding comms, I outlined in the first post of this thread that I would prefer wireless communications (and good old fashion radio if it comes to that) to be made in italics, with thoughts blended into actual text. Personally color just turns me off of a thread unless it's a byline at the top with location and time info. Keeping plainly spoken dialogue in quotations and wireless in italics seperates things enough, and allows thought and action to be blended otherwise within a descriptive paragraph.

And let the games begin.
Draug
What about thoughts? Or are you discouraging us from inner dialogue?
Digital Heroin
Inner dialogue is fine, but it doesn't especially need it's own marking. If it's kept inside of the same passage as action, blended into that, then it should be easy enough to pick out. At least that's been my experience.

If italics for AR comms doesn't prove to be workable, a simple run around could be the double angle bracket >> in front of any of them. It's less obtrusive than a different color, but clear enough, and leaves italics to thought.
Digital Heroin
Aw hell, if yellow's prefered, it doesn't look -too- bad in other threads, so it's group consensus.
Draug
We were thinking black, actually.

Oh, and isn't Asp's cybereyes/ears working correctly in that room or something? Since I can't record him, I mean...

EDIT: What's the $:nuyen.gif ratio?
Digital Heroin
Bah, black, yellow, 'tis all fine and dandy long as it's not pink.

Asp's cyberware'll work fine, but recordings when later reviewed will show naught but static. Possibly a sign Vice has some bleeding edge counter-surveillance gear at his disposal.

And fie on you for picking on a tired ass bastard's slip of the monetary values! Fie I say, even more tired as I am now.
Draug
Hey, I'm an innocent newbie! Perhaps I thought there still were dollars around, huh? Huh, I say! I guess there aren't...

I'm gonna get me something to bust that super counter-surveillance stash, oh yeah.

Oh, and pink's an awesome idea! Yay! Happy and fluffy cybercommunications!

[ Spoiler ]
Cedric Rolfsson
I'd prefer yellow to either black or the anti-pink. I'm also okay with the << idea
Trigger
I also like yellow...and black...and I am oddly fond of the pink indifferent.gif

Whatever you guys choose...
Draug
Black, I say! Black!
Fortune
But I like Blue Violet. frown.gif
Grinder
So many colours to choose from... grinbig.gif
Draug
*Yes indeed. This one's the best.*
Trigger
Let's just stick with Black and keep this game a rollin'.
Draug
*Ok, but can I still do OT posts in dimgrey? nyahnyah.gif

EDIT: By the way, I'm waiting for some response from DH before I do my next post.
Grinder
Who doesn't? biggrin.gif
Grinder
What do you think boys, should we describe our characters' outlook/appearance here? Guess it could be good to know how each one looks and behaves like.
Draug
IC or OoC?

I'm up for either. I was sort of hoping to get character description smuggled in through several posts rather than an up-front description. Still, I can do it if people want to.

Oh, and what's up DH?
Fortune
Well, I'm game ...

QUOTE (Danny Ray Wainwright)
Danny Ray Wainwright is a large and imposing human, standing 1.8 meters tall and weighing in at a massive 135 kilos. His long brown hair falls in waves to the middle of his back, matching and blending with his full beard and moustache. His pale green eyes are more often than not shot through with red lines, either from long hours, or excess recreational activity. His arms, and indeed most of his back and chest as well are covered an a wide array of tattoos, depicting everything from a multitude of band logos, to colorful mythological creatures and semi-mystical occult symbols, to a surprisingly wide variety of women's names. He tends to wear comfortable but fashionable and time-honored rock 'n' roll style clothing, all denims and leathers, and has quite a large collection of concert t-shirts from a diverse selection of artists.
Grinder
I would prefer OOC. I tried to give small hints how Gabriel looks like, but it's easier if we have a plain description here.
Draug
Jason is about 5' 7'' tall, weighing in at 150 lb or so, featuring dark blond, short hair, green eyes, and is capable of conjuring up a horribly innocent smile and twinkle in his eyes. He stays very clean, and keeps up his physical shape.

That's about all I have in the way of a direct physical description...
Trigger
Alright, I will go for it too.

Bass is a troll. A relatively big troll as far as trolls go, standing at an impresive 3.2 meters (about 9' 7") and weighing in at over 140 Kilos (308 lbs.). He has an athletic build and well defined muscles, almost giving him a clean cut model feel when combined with his young looking face.  He is only 18 years old, but he has seen a lot and has been either in a gang or runnign the shadows since he was 14.  He sports a few tattoos one his body, a spike on his left peck that he got when he initiated into the Spikes, which is now crossed with another spike going horizontal and is in the process of being converted to a celtic cross, and a pair of black and white koi fish inbetween his shoulder blades in the shape of a yin yang.  For working on the streets and in the shadows for four years he has no scars to speak, a testiment to his being called the bulletproof troll. He always carries around his signature bass guitar, never leaving home without it.

Gave a little bit extra, throwing in a little bit about his past as well to round him out.
Grinder
Gabriel is a 1,75 meters tall elf, who weights about 55 kilograms and apperas to be in good shape/ trained. He has dark brown skin, dark eyes and black long dreadlocks. He usually wears average clothes (like jeans, a t-shirt and sneakers) and tries to avoid attention of other people.
Marmot
Bone is a human female. Standing at 1.65 meters and massing 65 kilos, she's in her early thirties. Her skin is the tanned color of Pacific islanders and she keeps her hair cut short and out of the way, usually under a knit wool black cap. She defaults to an easygoing expression most of the time, a smoldering cigarette hanging from her lip being about the only real constant accessory of note. She's light on the body art; sporting Calico Jack Rackham's skull-and-crossed cutlasses on her left arm and a Maori tribal design on her right. As far as clothing goes, she fancies anything hard wearing that she can fall asleep in and not worry about the next day - worn jeans, a shirt perhaps a few days old, and a pair of steel-toed flight deck boots are her usual attire.
Grinder
I guess Gabriel is in love biggrin.gif
bishop186
Jeff Breaker is a human male that standing 1.7 meters and weighing 70 kilos. In his mid-twenties, Breaker sports several tattoos, mostly on his upper body. By and far his favorite of these is the album art from Decimate's (his favorite metal band) second album. Other tattoos include chains that twist down his arms, and trace around his muscles (perhaps hiding surgical scars) seemingly held together by a dagger on either forearm. His hair is a short, cropped gunmetal-black hair. His style when it comes to clothing is very influenced by the metal scene, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to clean up and look good when the time calls for it. He has piercing green eyes that might or might not be real.
Marmot
QUOTE (Grinder)
I guess Gabriel is in love biggrin.gif

With Bone? Yeah, she's got that salty psuedo-ex-Navy charm we all look for in females sarcastic.gif .

grinbig.gif
Grinder
There's a difference between my characters and me as a player. biggrin.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
Hardcase is a mid-sized human male, caucasian, with short brown hair, blue eyes, and the build of a person who takes care of himself but has little in the way of athletic inclinations. More a jogger than a lifter. He has no particularly distinguishing features.
Draug
DH? What's up? Game dead?
Grinder
He hasn't been online in the last days, guess he's busy at work (isn't he in the Navy?).
Marmot
Yeah. Probably out enjoying his leave or got called back for a training cruise or whatever.
Fortune
Yep, and last I heard his schedule was unexpectedly screwed up. I'm sure he'll be back when he can.
Digital Heroin
Appologies, my net access while travelling was crap and things got busy. I'll be back into the groove either tonight or tommorrow.
Trigger
Cool, glad to have you back, can't wait for things to get back into business.
Fortune
No need to apologize. smile.gif
bishop186
Good to have you back DH.
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, it may not matter but I'll be taking a three day weekend starting tomorrow so I won't be back until Monday in case anyone decides to start posting again.
Grinder
As we're still waiting for DH to get things started again, you won't miss so much.
Draug
So, I loose internett access for almost two weeks, finally manage to drag my way back on-line, and nothing's happened?

Game off?
Cedric Rolfsson
This game feels pretty dead to me. Someone do something.
Digital Heroin
Ok, I'm back into things, got all that's pressing, medical, professional and otherwise aside... because Vice being a dick about pay would be tres bad given the delay, I decided he'd just accept. The counter offer is, after all, thoroughly reasonable. Feel free to fire any question you can think of at him, no matter how minute.
Grinder
That are good news! smile.gif

And come back to emo's game soon, we need you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012