Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Backstage Pass
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Digital Heroin
Alrighty folks, the opener is up. I'm going to clear up a little confusion first. Vice is recruiting team players, but not an established team. Feel free to create a common link or two, but the runners are taken from a crossection of Seattle's finest, and he intends to trial you.

This first bit, aptly is called The Audition.

Posting conventions you'll see from me are as such:

- The first occurance of an important name in a given post will be made in bold;
- Wireless comms, or any secret communication will be italic;
- Thoughts, actions, and the like will be in plain test; and
- Spoken dialogue will be in quotations.

I ask that you adopt a similar convention, or keep it clear what is what while posting in the IC section. Also, please avoid smilies and sigs in the IC, for that clean cut look.

Rolling can be done inline with a cut for simple rolls, but extended tests and large numbers of rolls should be made here.

I'll go with the honor system, but I would if possible like to see Invisible Castle used for rolling, with your character's street name for the given name.

She's open folks, the flood gates be flooding...
Draug
Post up. Sorry that it's a bit long and goofy, but I wanted to get some of Asp's gear and attitudes out into the field fast.
Digital Heroin
No worries about long posts... details are good, as they help me get into a character's head. Plus the more detail, the more fun a read it is... well, unless you post Tolkein style and spend ten pages to describe the people at a dinner party.
Draug
I'll remember to site the genealogy, friends (and their genealogy) and enemies (and their genealogy) of any guy I meet in-character. Just so they feel safe. And of course, the genealogy of all the friends and enemies of any guy's friends and enemies. Oh, and don't forget any major deeds said people have performed.
Digital Heroin
In the Sixth World? I can see that:

I am Slicxxx, John Smith, son of some guy who knocked a hooker up, hacker of the Arcology, evader of Lone Star, scourge of Suits everywhere...
Trigger
I am Trigger, Holden McGregor by SIN, runner by deed, son of a man with no name and a woman with a bad memory, shooter of children, savior of lost nuyen, Mage of Exceedingly Numerous Talents, The Rojo Mojo, and number three on the Top Ten Most Wanted Runners according to the Star, but only number four according to Errant....

Had to give my own, ya know
Draug
You aren't nothing but a mongrel dog, and my mighty elven powers shall smite you like they have so many before you!

Now, if only I were an elf. And a wizard. And...whatever.
Marmot
You shall not pass?
Draug
No, I probably won't...

Hey, wait! I already passed! I'm done with school! Wohoo!
Draug
So, how long are we waiting for other people to post before we trim down the group a little and keep going forward?
Fortune
Bah humbug! nyahnyah.gif
Marmot
Hey, it's Christmas. Some of us are with family.

And some of us are working retail.

And our GM is in the military, so I dunno if he even gets an inkling of a day off.
Draug
What are these "christmas" and "family" you speak of?

I'm just harrassing those who haven't posted yet, that's all. nyahnyah.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
DH question, my character has the material to bind two force 3 elementals which he'd like to do so they can be on stand by, but I'm uncertain as to the amount of time involved here, it would take about 3 hours per ritual, could I summon one maybe?

Is there going to be any kind of timestamp on the IC posts?

Edit: P.S. Trigger- the main traffic routes into Seattle usually involve I-90 or I-5 depending on which direction you're coming from. Having just spent the weekend in Bellevue with in-laws driving Seattle traffic I can give you a meter-by-meter description of either road from the height of the driver's door of a Toyota Camary. And for those of you interested, a bit of advise. Never, ever, never try and do Christmas shopping on the Saturday before Christmas in downtown Bellevue. It's easier and less painful to simply dive naked and bleeding into a swimming pool filled with rabid piranha
Cedric Rolfsson
Starting Nuyen Roll:
Middle Lifestyle= 4 dice x 100
Plus 1100 remain= 11 dice

15d6 x 100 nuyen.gif

Die roll for Hardcase
15d6-> [2,2,5,2,6,3,3,2,6,1,3,4,6,6,2] = (53)

5,300 starting nuyen for Hardcase.

DH
[ Spoiler ]
Cedric Rolfsson
DH I'd like to modify my character sheet slightly, trading Mindlink for Detect Enemies ER spells. If that's okay then the following.

Detect Enemies Force 3 spell cast into sustaining focus:

Spellcasting
Magic + Spellcasting:
Die roll for Hardcase
9d6-> [2,5,4,5,1,4,1,1,3] = (26) = 2 successes

Resist Drain
Willpower + Logic (DV4):
Die roll for Hardcase
8d6-> [3,4,4,2,1,6,1,4] = (25) = 1 successes

3 boxes Drain light stun

If I'm not allowed to switch spells then I'll use the same rolls for the Detect Life spell sustained. Let me know my results and I'll do a more extensive IC post
Fortune
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson)
Starting Nuyen Roll:
Middle Lifestyle= 4 dice x 100
Plus 1100 remain= 11 dice

15d6 x 100 nuyen.gif

Die roll for Hardcase
15d6-> [2,2,5,2,6,3,3,2,6,1,3,4,6,6,2] = (53)

5,300 starting nuyen for Hardcase.

I believe that you are misreading the Starting Nuyen section, just as I had been doing for a while as well.

QUOTE (SR4-pg. 87)
If you have any nuyen left over from Resources, you may add +1 to the dice roll for every 100¥ left over, up to a maximum of 3 times the number of dice rolled (in other words, you may add up to half the maximum possible dice result).
Multiply the result by the appropriate factor listed, and the result is your character’s starting nuyen.

At first I was mistakenly adding dice for every 100 nuyen, as opposed to adding merely + 1 to the total modifier, which is the way the rules read.

Technically, Hardcase should have 4d6 x 100 nuyen + 1100 (11 x 100).
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, I re-read, I agree, starting nuyen:

You asked for 4 rolls and your target is unknown ... here are the results:

1: 5
2: 2
3: 5
4: 5

(17 + 11) x 100 = 2,800 starting nuyen.
Cedric Rolfsson
Oops fixed my earlier post to reflect target number of 5 rather than 4 meaning 2 successes on spellcasting and 1 on drain so I've got three boxes of stun to heal.

Resting to heal drain:

Body + Willpower:
Die roll for Hardcase
6d6-> [4,3,6,3,6,5] = (27)

drain gone in an hour.

Will modify IC post
Digital Heroin
Cedric: PM me a name, nationality, and any amplifying data for the fake ID. If you want it to have a shadow account, that's fine by me, but remember: if the ID is compromised, so is the account. As for gear, try to blend what your character is wearing/carrying into the first post out of anywhere where his gear is stashed (car, house, etc.); if you forget though, and it's reasonable they'd be carrying it, I'll be lenient (just don't say it's reasonable that you're carrying a shiny assault canon while shopping at the Stuffer Shack, unless you actually want to be, then be prepared for IMPENDING DOOM).

As mechanical play hasn't technically started, and it won't be a huge impact, the swap of spells is fine by me.

With regards to timestamps, there will be none, but if there's a question of timing feel free to ask. If all works out here, this'll be a multi-episodic campaign, with downtime usually allowed between, so all you enchanting or artisan goons will be a-ok in the long run.

As I've still yet to see a post from Grinder, we're going to push this sucker along. The next post will be a blanket one, in an effort to get the ball rolling, and to allow Grinder's mixing into things with free flow. So far I'm liking the detail and characterization being put into posting, keep it up, because descriptive posts lubricate my karma flow, eh.

Regarding the past few days: I'd have responded or kickstarted this sooner, but a holiday alone's not exactly a focusing time for me, especially since it'd be the first one without friends/family around. But I'm ok now, I have several frames of Rosario Dawson's jiggly boob dance from Clerks 2 on a constant loop on my 360, and that heals a lot. smile.gif
Digital Heroin
One other note, Will Call is not a place as in a restaurant or the like, it's the place in any arena/stadium where a person with tickets waiting for them goes. Not sure if you want to edit your post, but nothing newsworthy usually happens there.
Marmot
You get newsworthy drama when someone's tickets aren't readily available there an hour or so before doors open.

I'm getting horrible flashbacks to when I worked at a will call. Ugh.
Trigger
I rolled Perception to notice anything remarkable or hidden in the room-

Perception Test- 3 Successes
Cedric Rolfsson
Assensing Test:

Aura Reading + Intuition:

You asked for 8 rolls and your target is 5 ... here are the results:

1: 6 + 6 + 1 = 13. ... Success
2: 5 ... Success
3: 6 + 5 = 11. ... Success
4: 1
5: 1
6: 2
7: 2
8: 5 ... Success

4 successes

Grinder
Sorry that I haven't posted yet, but RL interfered with it. I'll do so tomorrow night at latest, I hope.
Draug
DH:
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson)
Assensing Test:

Aura Reading + Intuition:

You asked for 8 rolls and your target is 5 ... here are the results:

1: 6 + 6 + 1 = 13. ... Success (Would have been two here)
2: 5 ... Success (1 here)
3: 6 + 5 = 11. ... Success (2 here)
4: 1
5: 1
6: 2
7: 2
8: 5 ... Success (1 here)

4 successes (actually six if you used edge)

You only break sixes if you roll edge along with your test, then the sixes count as a success, and whatever they break to has to be five or higher to be a success, a six creating another break. I annotated your roll to show an example.

On your assensing test though you would have noticed that Bass is magically active and with that many successes that he is an adept. Also, his bass guitar is a weapon focus, force 2, while he has a Magic Rating of 6.
Cedric Rolfsson
I'm cutting and pasting from www.irony.com SR3 die roller, just ignore the exploding 6s.
Trigger
Ahh, you could use Invisble Castle too, it works really well and it seems to be what everyone else is using too.
Cedric Rolfsson
Ya, I'm trying them both out to see which I like better, the Invisible Castle one is what I used earlier.

Data search + Browse for J.Edgar information:
Die roll for J.Edgar
6d6-> [4,2,3,6,6,2] = (23)

2 successes.
Draug
I believe DH has asked us to use Invisible Castle.
Trigger
For those of you who would like to know what Bass looks like, I created a little profile sketch of his head for you and just because I felt like it.

Bass
Draug
Nice pic. Decidedly more friendly-looking than the average SR troll.

He actually looks a little young. Is he a teenager?
Trigger
He is kinda of young, I don't remember what I put as his actual age, but he is close to 17-18, which is maturity for a troll, but he does take after the more human side of things.
Draug
Roger that.

Anyway, what kind of update rate are we looking at? Daily? Bi-daily?

...Annually? nyahnyah.gif
Trigger
Update? For what? Posting...I try to do that daily, more if others are posting too, but I like to post at least every other day. I don't know what else 'updating' could be referring too.
Draug
Updating = posting, but usually posts that drive the story forward.

Or something like that...
bishop186
Sorry I'm so late on posting. Got back from vacation last night.
Draug
Ok, bishop, post up. Let's keep this non-lethal though, ok? wink.gif
Trigger
Bass'll keep this non-lethal biggrin.gif
bishop186
Back to you, chummer. biggrin.gif
Trigger
The Star Peacekeeping Patrol ain't got drek on me biggrin.gif
Draug
And back again!
Trigger
Ouch on the roll omae, no successes for you frown.gif Either way, you wouldn't find anything on me anyway.
Draug
Hmmm. I guess I should clarify something.

Usually (in places that don't have telepathy), I write thoughts in italics, bordered by 's. Spoken words are not italic, and bordered by "s. Here, since DH says wireless communication should be in italics, I have removed them from the thoughts.

But, when I write something with ' and not ", it's still thoughts.

Is that ok with everyone?

Perhaps we could do wireless in another color instead or something. I dunno, but I happen to like a little inner dialogue...
Trigger
Sorry about that man, I read through it quickly and didn't see it as thought instead of dialogue....I too think thought should be italicized and that wireless should be in yellow or something....I will edit my previous post for clarity....
Draug
I'll wait for DH's go-ahead before changing my current layout, but you have my vote on the yellow. That, or bold or, hmmm, black.

Actually, black would be pretty nifty.
Trigger
There is no black color text...I vote yellow...and I also went through and editted out all of my sigs from the IC thread, to keep the clean cut look that DH asked for...completely forgot about it before.

Yep, I vote yellow.
Draug
Shit. I didn't have a sig before today.

*Runs off to edit.*

Oh, and this sure as hell is black text.
Trigger
Damn..I didn't see it, it doesn't appear on the color list

hmmm...aha...it exists

it is there if you do the coding yourself...sneaky sneaky
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012