Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Artwork
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Trigger
Well, Jarl, finally here is your Moomin. I didn't know exactly what you wanted, so I took a few liberties on my own account as the artist...ie, cyberware (ears, eyes, datajack, AR glasses [cause I thought they look cool]) and also the goattee. I didn't rmeber if you wanted him with any facial hair or not, but in my head I thought he would llok much better with it. So here you go, Moomin.

Moomin
Draug
He looks awesome. I don't mind the facial hair at all. Very nice.

The hand though, seems a little wierd. looks kinda like it's sticking up from behind his shoulder...
Trigger
I didn't really take proportion into account there, since I thought my scanner was going to cut the bottom off the pic like has been doing to me others...it is kind of meant to be viewed from the beginning of the shoulder line and up.....I might go back and fix it at a later time, but for now....nah.
Draug
I like the face anyway, and that's what counts. Thanks a lot, man.
Trigger
No problem....now I just need more to draw....I don't feel any inspiration towards drawig those dwarf women...I guess I will do a couple of my own character until I get some requests....
Draug
I have one. It's full body, if you feel up to it.

A rather small soldier in a gas mask. In addition to a layout of assault rifle, sidearm, grenades, etc., he carries a rather powerful commlink, connected to several fly-spy style droids (have them hovering nearby). He uses the droids as reconnaisance, allowing him to engange targets through walls and other vision-limiting obstacles. Have him look a bit like an insect, a little hunkered down, bulked up by armor and gear.

If you feel like throwing in some scenery, put him inside a ruined house. The basic idea is next-generation urban elite soldier. Heavyly loaded, specialized, and with a lot of intelligence-gathering and assessment options to increase his tactical abilities.
Trigger
Now that sounds like fun and a challenge....

*grabs trusty mechanical pencil and goes to work*
ElFenrir
Hehe, Moomin looks pretty awesome i think. biggrin.gif

Well, heres another one for ya, he's been drawn before, but again, i like to see multiple takes on the guys. smile.gif I have 'em all in a folder on my comp.

Stian, human male, about 6', wiry but muscled build, pretty attractive(to the goth club chicks anyway), long, straight black hair, really pale, small black goatee on his chin. 'Black Metal' look to him, sleeveless shirts, inverted cross necklace, spiked bracelets, black BDUs, tucked into black boots(tall, with buckles, and more spikes). Full sleeve of tats on right arm, half on left in varied pagan and demonic designs. Physical Adept, Black Magic path. He's in his late 20s, looks about in his mid, which isnt too much different.

Hope this is enough. This is one third of the famous 'all magically active party whose stealth skills amounted to that of people holding bushes and running behind them' team. grinbig.gif
Trigger
Jarl, your urban insect soldier guy is doen as of now, I just have to wait for my house mate to get home so I can use his scanner to get the guy online. I don't own a scanner of my own yet, so my posting timing is a tad limited.

ElFenrir, I am going to start on your goth guy in a bit....feelimg insomniac again....but must sleep, have to work in the early AM tomorrow.
Butterblume
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
When I do a portrait I usually begin with outlining the shape of the head as a three dimensional object and sketching the "key lines", one down the centre of the face, one for the eye level, and one for the mouth level (this is from the Hogarth method).  This keeps the facial features from developing unnatural angles in relation to each other.  The basic curve for the ears should begin at the back of the jawbone and go up to the eye line.

Need ... to practice... ears... (seriously, I can't do ears. I see Trigger can even do decent hands. Lots of practice needed, I say biggrin.gif).

Hope this helps.

Sure does. Even if I won't comment on every tip wink.gif.

QUOTE (Ophis)
Only thing I would say is that you have the eyes to far up the face.

I couldn't believe it. I thought I had the eyes in the right place (by drawing a line halving the outline of the head). But I checked in that sketch and two others I did yesterday, and you're right.
Funny thing, but good that you catched that before I grew accustomed to it smile.gif.
Draug
QUOTE (Trigger)
Jarl, your urban insect soldier guy is doen as of now

Post him! Pooost hiiiiiim!

Thank you in advance. wink.gif
Trigger
Well, here you are Jarl, your Urban Bug Soldier.

Urban Bug Soldier
Draug
Slightly rigid position, but aside from that, I like him! smile.gif

EDIT: Some very nice details too, I might add.
Squinky
That one is my favorite so far.
wargear
I don't know whether any of these will interest you, but i'll describe the characters from our groups most successful team. We'd love to see them drawn.

Chronos, the team leader. Aged mid 30's after a lionization a few years back. A strong jawed, thoughtful man. Irish stock, with light hair (cut very short) and grey eyes. He has a delta grade datajack on either side of his head. Habitually dresses in business suits, often with a hard hat when working in the field. Emblem on hard hat is a stylised cog. Has a muscular build from a lifetime in special forces. Has disturbing swirly™ tattoos over most of his body, but like yakuza tatts, they don't show much while wearing clothes.

Silver, the team face. A slender female elf still in her 'youth' of irish descent. Was once a physad, but was burned out during a mission years ago, and has replaced her powers with the wire. Silver irised cybereyes, a single datajack behind her left ear (both delta). Platinum blonde hair, worn in a severe ponytail. Power suit. Lean build, augmented by cyber and bioware, and a lifetime in special forces.

Gray, the combat mage. Aged in his late 30's. A multiple initiate mage, well aware of his own power, but humble not arrogant. Stocky build of saxon heritage, wears sturdy practical suits (armoured) with the usual long coat (london fog). He wears his weapon foci sword at all times, on the left hand side of his belt, but mostly hidden by the coat. An Ares Predator is holstered in his right armpit. His hair is dark, not black, and worn in a military style. His eyes are grey. A delta grade datajack is situated behind his left ear.

Jack Flash, the sam. Aged in his late 20's. Skinny build with massively etched muscles thanks to a dangerously active lifestyle, significant cyberaugmentation and a 10 year stint in special forces. Wears traditional scottish kilt and so on with big clunky combat boots. Prominent cheekbones. Black hair and rich blue cybereyes. A delta grade datajack behind his left ear. Extensive scarring over his arms and torso. Is never far from a duffel bag full of suspicious bulges.

These were the core group of Colonel Harland's Eleven. Individually or as a group shot in front of an APC bearing the stylised cog corporate logo would be very very cool.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Trigger)
Well, Jarl, finally here is your Moomin. I didn't know exactly what you wanted, so I took a few liberties on my own account as the artist...ie, cyberware (ears, eyes, datajack, AR glasses [cause I thought they look cool]) and also the goattee. I didn't rmeber if you wanted him with any facial hair or not, but in my head I thought he would llok much better with it. So here you go, Moomin.

Moomin

...ohh, that is sweet. Love the expression. I think I've actually seen this guy down at the coffee shop I go to.
Trigger
ElFenrir- Here is Stian, I took a few liberties on him, namely the addition of some darker tattoo/or make up under one of his eyes and a piercing on one of his eyebrows, to give him a more gothic look. Tell me what you think of him.

Stian
ElFenrir
eek.gif Wow, i do like it!! I like the additions to him alot, actually. I always pictured him with that 'gothic metal' look and this definately captures that. Goatee is perfect, as is the hair. I like the bit of the chain i can see as well(thats exactly how i pictured it around his neck, a rather thick one).

Really nice work, i thank you for that biggrin.gif Makes me want to dust off the character sheet and play him again(i get to play him off and on, as that is how often i play with my one SR group), which is due to be soon thankfully.
Kyoto Kid
...agreed.

Nice expression and detail. Can't wait to see Dr Markova & Gracie.
gobogen
Hey! Very good work. I really like your style.

For the rare ole-timers who might remember me, well I'm making a come back to these boards as soon as a new game pops up. Been missing SR a lot and I can't resist playing again. I'm rereading SR4 right now too. Can't wait to be in a game again. I might be tempted to start one of my own if I can find the time and get used to the new matrix rules.

Cheers
Trigger
Alright, sorry for some of the delay, but I have been working on some artwork for my personal porfolio as I will have to submit it soon for a scholarship competition. But I thought I would grace you with some of my new work that has a bit of SR influence.

Gun Study 1

Gun Study 2

Hope you like these and I will get back to the requests soon.
lorechaser
Those are pretty nifty. Any reason you've been doing only heads on the drawings here? You seem good with poses and action shots....
Kyoto Kid
...same goes here. Your poses look very good.

The first gun, loks like a mix of a revolver and semi auto. Usually revolvers have a cyindrical barrel. Check the Ruger, Colt, and S&W Websites, you can get some great images from them to study. All make single and double action revolvers as well as semi automatics. SR4 also has some pretty good pics of the basic firearms in the gear section.
Draug
They both look a little to big-eyed and smooth to me. I'd appreciate a few more lines of shading and stuff on their faces and clothing. Also, the first gun is held at a really odd angle, and the gangta-grip doesn't go well with the guy's looks or facial expression.

Keep 'em coming though. biggrin.gif
Sir_Psycho
I'm just going to mention that the revolver barrel is not aligned with the barrel, which is kind of grating.

Of course, I should shut up. You do groovy stuff!
Trigger
Alright, I am getting back into this art request thing and I am open for business again.

Wargear: I am working on your sketch as well, almost done...going to try and clean it up a bit more though.
Kyoto Kid
...cool the DS Art Jam continues. Would be nice to see your take on my little keyboard virtuoso/mad bomber Leela. I'll PM her details a bit later.
knasser

I've already had one (technically two) so put this one on the backburner for someone who hasn't had one, unless the ideas really apeal.

I have two that I'd like to see your take on, they're both seriously off the wall, so maybe a bit of a challenge. Pick whichever strikes your fancy (or both together if you want! ).

Wiggy is a red-haried, teenage troll shaman, skinny (for a troll) and permanently strung out. He has great difficulty with logical thinking and survives mainly on intuition and empathy. He's almost too nice to be a Shadowrunner and is great with spirits, seeming to have some sort of psychological connection to them which is why he seems batty to his teamates. So horns, reddish arfro, gangly body and a cheerful demeanor.

Teresa is two people. She's a mamba (voodoo priestess), slim, young, dark hair, creole. In normal life, shy and quite retiring. She always gives the impression that she's hiding (particularly in a group) and dresses simply. But when she is ridden by her loa, she is transformed into a wild, confident and exciting woman. The difference in expression and body language almost makes her look like a different person. If you really want to take a stab at it, a picture with both Teresa's in it, would be incredible!

Don't know if either of those appeal, but would love to see one if they do.

Great artwork so far, anyway!

-K.
Trigger
KK, here are the prelim sketches for Leela, wanted to know what you thought about my take on her and if there were any changes you would like to request.

Leela Body

Leela Face
Kyoto Kid
...though she's a redhead, Leela does not freckle. I love the "wide eyed" innocent look & turned up nose (though the nose could be a bit narrower). Maybe a little more smoothness in the lower jaw and not so prominent eyebrows. Like blondes, reds tend to have lighter eyebrows as well.

The full body sketch is great. She definitely looks like a street waif form back in the war. Even though the prelim is small I like the shape of and suggested expression on her face a lot more.

Will the final of this be bigger?
imperialus
If you have the chance I'd love to get a picture of my character. (sorry my actual request got edited out when I copy pasted the discription from Word... Got home and realized that I had just posted a very abrupt request for a character drawing without saying so much as please.)

Jean:
Male, Elvin, Christian Theurgist/Face. 23 years old. Mixed Quebecois/Chinese ancestry, approximately 6'2, carries a rosary as a power focus. He has straight black hair 2-3 inches long, and slightly pale skin for a Hong Kong native. He's quite well built, and very handsome (cha 6) but it's also quite obvious that working out is a foreign concept (str 2). Usually dresses in an actioneer business suit for meets or working cloths consisting of jeans, a T-shirt, and an armoured vest under a decent leather jacket. Has an intricate geometric tattoo on his left ear (sustaining focus). Carries a Fichetti Security 600 though he's never actually fired it at a person. Prefers to let other people do the fighting for him (quite literally when the slaps them with a mob mind) than get into shootouts himself. Carries himself with considerable confidence and it's obvious that while he's not a corp suit out slumming he's definitely a cut above the average street scum he deals with. He's actually a Cross company man working with the remnants of the Seraphim to help try and rebuild the company.
Trigger
The final will most likely be bigger...I am hoping. I will try and make it is large and detailed as possible....might be done tonight...if not then tomorrow.
Kyoto Kid
...cool, take your time, A little bit of background would be nice, nothing too complex or fancy.

Leela is by far one of my all time favourite characters, even over my namesake. This is very interesting to see the different interpretations of her all of which have been great so far.
Trigger
knasser, here is the concept and prelim artwork for Wiggy. I want to know what you think of it before I finish it and do all the details and such...

I was thinking the more cartoonish looking spirits because of his tweaked out nature, but tell me what you think:

Wiggy Concept
knasser
QUOTE (Trigger)
knasser, here is the concept and prelim artwork for Wiggy. I want to know what you think of it before I finish it and do all the details and such...

I was thinking the more cartoonish looking spirits because of his tweaked out nature, but tell me what you think:

Wiggy Concept

BWAH HA HA HA!

*snort*

I hope you enjoyed drawing that, because I most certainly enjoyed look at it! rotfl.gif

I think it's a great piece of work and you've got the ginger afro spot on. The expression is prime wiggy (classic quote: "No Wiggy! Not the Hellblast!" ). I never really envisaged his spirits as being quite so Caspar, but now that you've drawn it, I don't think I can imagine them any other way! biggrin.gif

An honest critique would be that he is too small, or looks to be. Even a troll that puts only one point into Str (as Wiggy did) has a rating of 5. I'd always envisaged him to be, although skinny, quite wide shouldered. A very sort of spare, rangy frame. I'm being greedy though. It looks really good and I can't wait to see the final piece. Thank you.

-K.
Trigger
You have no clue how much fun I had drawing that...I can't wait to finish it...and now with an infected toe I have a bit more sitting time and thus more time for drawing.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Trigger)

Wiggy Concept

...totally love Wiggy. He and Violet - my hacker with the Looney Tunes Reality Filter - would make an interesting duo.
Protector152
Trigger, could you please draw a pic of my hacker (decker) Zapper for me?

Zapper is a human hacker w/cyber eyes, ears, nose, a skin link and a implanted comlink. typcial geek, averige looking (blandness). The only "tech" clothing he has are AR gloves since his dad put a curse/protection spell on him (gremlins 4) all the rest of his clothes are regular. his icon is a neon blue lightning bolt with a face (two eyes and a mouth) and he is almost always playing at least two matrix games, either in AR or VR.

thanks i look foward to seeing how you picture him.
Trigger
Alright, here is the completed Wiggy...hope you enjoy it knasser.

Wiggy Completed
Kyoto Kid
...the graffiti and rat in the dumpster are very nice touches. The 'Fonzi' look is most appropriate. He's cool, and he knows it.
knasser
QUOTE (Trigger @ Mar 2 2007, 12:13 PM)
Alright, here is the completed Wiggy...hope you enjoy it knasser.

Wiggy Completed

That's Wiggy, alright! If I ever get to actually play instead of GMing, I'm going to be sorely tempted to bring Wiggy out of the filing cabinet.

It's really good. Thank you! The expression and the afro is perfect and the spirits are hillarious. And I too like all the little details such as the rat in the wheelie-bin and the fact that you have your name in the graffitti (don't think I didn't spot that).

In fact I like it so much that I even went and coloured it. It was interesting to play around with a graphic package and I was mainly trying things out and learning what button does what, but I thought I should share.

Once again, thank you. The picture is just so... fun. biggrin.gif

-K.

EDIT: I put your picture on my site as before, with a link back here. Hope that's still alright. Cheers!
Trigger
I like the color version, I was thinking of doing a color version of it as well...

And no problem with you posting it on your site, as long as there is a link back to here or to my deviant art account at Here.

And I am glad that you noticed my grafitti signature biggrin.gif
Thanee
Very cool, indeed. smile.gif

He only appears rather small (dunno, like 1.5m?).

That rat looks mean... beware!

Bye
Thanee
Kyoto Kid
...*bump*...

getting near the bottom of the page.
Trigger
Thanks KK, and I have been working on Leela also, just to let you know. I haven't been able to get her down like I have been wanting to but she is forthcoming.
Kyoto Kid
...don't worry, take more time if you have to, That thumbnail full body sketch of her is totally awesome. It really catches her youthful nature.
Trigger
Alright KK, I have another sketch for you to look over...I was rethinking how I was drawing Leela and how you mentioned Violet from SoUE, so I made another sketch of her face, as I know the other one wasn't as good as you wanted, so tell me what you think of this one:

Leela Sketch 2
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Trigger)
Alright KK, I have another sketch for you to look over...I was rethinking how I was drawing Leela and how you mentioned Violet from SoUE, so I made another sketch of her face, as I know the other one wasn't as good as you wanted, so tell me what you think of this one:

Leela Sketch 2

...now that is sweet. Exactly the way I envisioned her in my mind. The wide eyed, child like look is perfect. Who would expect that behind such a innocent face is the mind of a crack demolitionist and the heart of a loyal (and quite deadly) freedom fighter.

Bravo! notworthy.gif Bravo! notworthy.gif Encore!
Trigger
Thank You, Thank You beret.gif smokin.gif

I should have a finished copy of that done and up by the end of the day easily. I went back and watched Series of Unforunate Events again and I was inspired to draw her, so I am glad you like it. The body is still going to take me awhile though since I can't seem to really get anything done that I like too much, but I will keep you updated on it.
Kyoto Kid
...for study purposes, here is a link to a site that sells cyber styled fashions. Some of the stuff is pretty wiz.

http://www.cryoflesh.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012