Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finding my way around Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
cetiah

I'm looking all through New Seattle, but I can't find the docks. It must be in here somewhere... but I can't find it and I feel stupid having to go on forums to ask for help.

Docks seem really convinient for shadowrunning targets, but I can't find any mention of them or their Lone Star Rating. Are there A rating docks around? Are there C rating docks around? Where is it so I can plan the inevitable car chase scene?

I found a reference to something called Harbor Island, but no description of it anywhere. I found the shipyards easy enough, but I'm not sending my newbie runners there.

I already did a dock run for my first ever run and it was fun. Lone Star had stopped the ship at port and held it until port inspectors could arrive in the morning. Johnson made some emergency calls and my player's relatively unknown street ninja was the first to respond so he got the gig. It went really well, too, and no one got hurt (except a few drones got shot up). I want to follow them up with some more johnsons needing someone "familiar with the docks" until the PCs have earned enough street cred to just be heard by others who need completely unrelated services.

But I want this next run to need a whole team.

So ideally, I need two docks. One that should have very little security (the one I already ran), and one with relatively high security where a pallet of APDS ammo flagged for Lone Star is just waiting to be ripped off...
cetiah
Is there a way to delete my post? I put it in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.
eidolon
No sweat, I just moved it. If you would like it deleted instead let us know, but I didn't want to kill it because I didn't see that you had reposted it.
BishopMcQ
In general, when I hear the docks in SR, Tacoma is the first place to come to mind. Gritty, dirty neighborhood where the Mafia is fighting a cold war with the Triad and Yaks for control of the smuggling.

In modern day Seattle, there are docks in Ballard, Downtown (Georgetown really) and all the way down to Tacoma. Don't forget however, that there is a huge lake in the middle of Seattle. Redmond, Shoreline, Bellevue, Mercer Island (IIRC is Council Island in SR) U district, all have small marinas and many wealthy families have private boat slips--all of which could be used for transport of illicit goods, people and means of travel.

I would highly recommend picking up New Seattle and poring through it. It's a great resource for all things Seattle, which includes docks and where the government and syndicates have influence. After that, grab Runner Havens for the 2070 update as applicable to your campaign.
Moon-Hawk
In between the land and the water. biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I don't really have anything to add to what McQuillan said.
cetiah
QUOTE (McQuillan)
I would highly recommend picking up New Seattle and poring through it. It's a great resource for all things Seattle, which includes docks and where the government and syndicates have influence. After that, grab Runner Havens for the 2070 update as applicable to your campaign.

I have the books. Well, one of my players does, anyway. But I didn't find anything like this. Are there any page numbers you could refer me to?
will_rj
Oh, and i would recommend spending some time flying around with Google Earth.
Thereīs a very nice collection of shadowrun places linked somewhere in this thread. Itīs not like being there, but it really helped me add flavor to the campaigns i run in seattle.
cetiah
That's so awesome! Thanks!!!
BishopMcQ
Exact page references without the book in front of me is difficult. For differentiations between military grade materials and syndicate stuff, try looking at Ft Lewis, Tacoma, and Renton.

You can also check the sections on organized crime which talks about the Bigios, Finnegans and their various interests as well as the Yaks and Triad.
Sir_Psycho
If you can get it, the Seattle book (sr2 or maybe sr1) is great, with some good information and plenty of sexy maps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012