Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heroes teaches you SR [spoiler warning]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2
James McMurray
No, the laughter would all be at the crying. Eccleston quitting wasn't a great thing, but it wasnt a terribly tragic one either. Tennant has filled the role well enough.

And the mage would win because he'd be invisible, silent, have some spirits, and drop Ted with a force 12 stun bolt before he even knew he was there. If he was worried about possible explosions he'd just send in the spirits.
emo samurai
Echo those thoughts on the mages.

Would a mage be able to match Ted's power?
James McMurray
To answer we'd need to know the limits of Ted's power. So far all we've seen controlled from him is a tiny explosion in his hand. A mage could easily match that.
Ophis
QUOTE (James McMurray)
No, the laughter would all be at the crying. Eccleston quitting wasn't a great thing, but it wasnt a terribly tragic one either. Tennant has filled the role well enough.

And neither of then can hold a candle to Tom Baker as the Doctor.
James McMurray
True. But who ever will?

I recently started watching the First Doctor. I wasn't born when he was first around, and only caught a couple of episodes when they aired him locally. Oddly enough the TARDIS wasn't indestructible back in those days. At one point his group was forced to stay around somewhere because aliens had cut the lock out of the door, leaving it stuck shut.
James McMurray
I'm starting with Hartnell and moving forward (at least as much as I can with all the lost episodes over the years) and am curious as to when the TARDIS first becomes unkillable, and if they give it an in story explanation or if they don't even think about it and it just happens.
emo samurai
Dude, there is no continuity in Doctor Who. They've switched between the Daleks being robots and being mutants in robot suits, like, 50 times.
James McMurray
Yeah, they're Dalekking and Cybermanning way too much. But that's apparently what sells in the UK, so I don't blame them.

And really, Daleks vs. Cyberman fighting over who gets to rule the Earth was pretty cool. smile.gif
James McMurray
Back in the day the Daleks were more of a once per season thing. But then again, the seasons lasted a lot longer and each "episode" would last 3 - 6 weeks, with the Daleks usually topping out at 6.

Heck, apparently "hiding behind the sofa when daleks appear" is an essential element of British cultural identity, if you believe Wikipedia
emo samurai
Edited the above post. Of course there's a Doctor Who.
James McMurray
Oh, you mean The Daleks were robots? When did that happen? Everything I've seen has had them always be mutants in suits, but the reason they're in the suits has changed over time.
KarmaInferno
I'm wondering if the nuclear explosion in NY isn't Syler trying to eat Ted's powers, and either accidentally triggering the boom in Ted or being unable to control the power himself.

Hmm...

Please keep the thread more game oriented. General Gaming isn't the place for TV show debate.
SinN
Thats right you big Adminastrater you! You tell em!
fistandantilus4.0
quiet you, back in your cage.
Eldritch
Heroes

If you missed the clip about the Wireless Girl, you can catch it on the Heroes main page.

Unarmed
QUOTE (KarmaInferno)
I'm wondering if the nuclear explosion in NY isn't Syler trying to eat Ted's powers, and either accidentally triggering the boom in Ted or being unable to control the power himself.

Hmm...

I thought that they kinda made it obvious that Peter was/is going to be the cause of the nuclear explosion in New York when he gets the power from ted accidentally.

Or was that just me?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (James McMurray)

Well, the issue at hand is the fact that The Doctor has a limited number of regenerations. Every time an actor leaves the show is brought one step closer to cancellation or a shark-jumping deus-ex-machina solution.
fistandantilus4.0
OK guys, sorry, but like I said , this spots for game related discussions, not TV shows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012