Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Project Infinity
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
gobogen
This is the out of character thread for the game named Project Golden Fountain. It involves the characters created in the thread named Recruitment: Newbies.

Characters:
Amok (Syndicate_Killer) - Hacker/ganger
EatMe (SoyKaf Adict) - ex-DocWagon employee
PartyTime (Redjack) - Hermetic Mage
Esteban (Cthulhu449) - Freedom Fighter
Holden (Trigger) - Investigative Mage

Now with the "rules" for this game.

Posting in IC

-Include date, location and appropriate time in orange as is pretty common on these boards. If the location changes, then write the new location and continue the post.
- PC and NPC names should appear in bold when first mentioned in a post.
- Spoken words or words transmitted via commlinks must be in "quotation marks".
- Thoughts are all in italics
- It's often okay to assume the reactions of other NPCs to some extent and I will simply make you edit posts when I find that it is inaccurate.
- Make sure to turn off signatures in IC.

I will try my best to keep the game moving along at a good pace so please try to post at the very least twice a week. Feel free to let me know in advance when you won’t be able to post and give me the general idea or details of what you want your character to do. I will force things to move along when possible and just drag characters for which I don’t have any idea what the player wants them to do. I will try my best to have a wrapping up "storyline post" at least once a week, using actions stated by characters as being done and/or intended. All of this is to try to ensure that we keep interest in this game.

1 point of karma will be given every once in a while (every 1 or 2 weeks) for consistent posting. You will get reward type karma at the end of runs, at which point you will be allowed to spend it as well.

When you take actions in IC it's good to mention it again in OOC to make sure that I don’t miss it. In particular actions that require dice rolls must be clearly stated and include all sources of dice pool that you think you are eligible to have. You may as well in some cases elect to "buy" successes as stated in the rules.

I will take care of dice rolling for the game and you can trust that I never rig results in any way. For instance, I always determine thresholds before rolling, and never change a result I don't like. I will always mention the number of successes your character achieves also, since I know it’s fun to know how well you do.

Use PM’s if you want to keep things secret from other players.

I think that's it. Cheers!
gobogen
The part about determining the leader of the group can be also discussed in OOC if you'd like. Considerations like being available to post a bit more often should be taken into account as well as in-game realism.
Syndicate_killer
I wouldnt give the leadership to Amok, the ADD will get us hosed lol
gobogen
After looking at Redjack's post, I think we should try to adopt his posting convention for this game.

We'll keep the requirement on using italics for thoughts though, but on top of that let's try to have speech in cyan, mental and subvocal commlink communications in violet, and thoughts in darkkhaki.

My post will be edited to reflect that because I like the idea.
Syndicate_killer
Done
Cthulhu449
DM rolling player dice?! That's sacrilige. It's like putting your homicidal worst enemy in charge of your meds, or jumping out of a C-5 with a rabid honey badger for a parachute.
Syndicate_killer
I havent done either but, is it like giving your soon to be ex-wife power of attorney? (that I have done)
SoyKaf Adict
Like trusting your dice rolling with your GM... wait a minute...
gobogen
@ Cthulhu449... and all:

If anyone knows a secure way to roll dice on the internet that won't take too much time to use, let me know. Else I'll just go ahead and roll for you, but you know you can trust me, right ? vegm.gif
Redjack
Speaking as a player, its not a matter of trust rather the gratification of the rolling the dice (even if they are virtual). A replacement of sorts for pulling the trigger, taking the swing, hacking the code....

http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py
Syndicate_killer
I dont mind either way really
gobogen
All right that's really interesting Redjack.

Everyone can alternatively use that website instead of having me roll. You should be using the character names: "PGF:char_name" such as for example "PGF:gobogen".

Always put an appropriate note in the rolling website and report your roll here simply with a link and the number of successes achieved.

I didn't know this existed but it's pretty cool.

Edit: Now that the dice issue is resolved, does anyone want to volunteer for the leadership position?

It's not necessary, but it's really going to be easier to get the game going faster if a regular poster's character can take decisions for the team.
SoyKaf Adict
That's a negative for me, I've got crap for Charisma and no Leadership.
Draug
Sorry for pointing this out, but I read this sub-forum, and every time I read your title, I think "ewww..."

You might want to change it...
Cthulhu449
Yeah, he's super right, which is a lot more than normal right.
Trigger
I also agree on changing the game's name and I am sorry for not posting until now, I was working on the last couple changes that I needed to do for gobogen.
gobogen
EDIT2: Done thanks to fistanddantilus. I hope I've not lost any of you with the change of name wink.gif

gobogen
Ok, last little thing to settle. You will need a team leader.

Characters EatMe of Soykaf Adict and Amok of Syndicate_Killer are not going to be it.

So we're left with either the flashy elf mage, the friendly Esteban, or the reserved investigator. Take your pick.
Redjack
Hmmm.... If it is the flashy elf who calls himself PartyTime, then team could be called the PartyCrew!!
Syndicate_killer
I can see Amok sporting a Hawaiian shirt
Redjack
That's the spirit!!
Trigger
Well, I wouldn't mind leading, my character knows Seattle really well and he knows a bit about how to stay away from the Star, as he was part of the Star. He is knowledge is most types of security and he is used to working with others.
Cthulhu449
If you'll buy Esteban a hawaiian shirt he's down. Otherwise I don't care either which way it falls.
Redjack
@gobogen
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
QUOTE (Cthulhu449)
If you'll buy Esteban a hawaiian shirt he's down. Otherwise I don't care either which way it falls.

I will buy Esteban a hawaiian shirt biggrin.gif
gobogen
@ Redjack

I answered through PM.
gobogen
Well it seems that we have Partytime (Redjack) and Holden (Trigger) who are volunteering.

Who's it going to be?
Trigger
QUOTE (gobogen)
Well it seems that we have Partytime (Redjack) and Holden (Trigger) who are volunteering.

Who's it going to be?

Mageduel off? grinbig.gif
Redjack
Actually, I think Holden is probably more suited to be the leader than PartyTime. Simon will acquiesce to his leadership. biggrin.gif
gobogen
You can all feel free to share any information you wish about your characters in this thread. We will assume that you shared it in character during that first meeting.

You all have 5 hours before the meet. It's up to you to spend it (together or seperated) in any way you please.
SoyKaf Adict
The Stuffer Shack!

Over however long we have to talk, Erik goes over that he worked at DocWagon for 3 years, and the story behind his nickname, a bad run in with some ghouls. Unless we're planning to fully describe the stories over IC as well.
Trigger
If we are not doign stories over IC, then Holden will mostly listen, laugh slightly if something is funny and also open himself for a moment to check the table and see if anyone else is active and how much cyber the team has. If asked he will say that he is a private eye and that he worked in forensics before that, He won't mention working for the Star unless specifically asked and then he will slightly explain that it was to keep his hoop out of prison. If he gets bored he will fiddle with his pocketwatch and simply listen to the conversation around him.
gobogen
Please all feel free to share your stories in IC. I was moving things forward so that it wouldn't linger. But by all means there is nothing wrong with an IC post to cover the dinner conversation even a bit retroactively so. I didn't want to shut anyone. It could actually help establish the characters so don't worry for now wether the posts are all perfectly in order or not.

Btw, this is the kind of thing I still have to learn about gm'ing a forum game and mentionned when starting this game.
Trigger
@Redjack: I responded to your comm message in PM so that we don't take up too much space in the IC thread.
Cthulhu449
I'll just wait for Holden to write about his place so we know what it is like.
SoyKaf Adict
Sorry about being so late to post, some days I get bogged down with stuff to do. If you're wondering why I said "the balls drop" comment about your character, Cthulhu449, it's because I assumed your character is younger or at least younger than Erik. What's your character's age? I may have to alter it.
Cthulhu449
That's all good, it was a good post. He's 24 so pretty young, but considering the propensity for super young 'runners on the board probably not too young. I don't know the party age either though. smile.gif
gobogen
The four of you at Holden's place can go ahead with whatever you want to do or talk about.
Trigger
Holden is actually only 19, nearing twenty years old.
SoyKaf Adict
Wow okay, maybe that comment should be more pointing towards Holden, hahaha, I was under the impression from your short bio Cthulhu, that your character was young. Yours is only 2 years younger than mine, heh.

EDIT: @gobogen
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
Yeah, Holden can afford the place and the books and such cause he just finished working for the Star for a year or so. Being a forensic mage pays well biggrin.gif
Cthulhu449
He started young, but I think the fight for the Yucatan ended based on the map in the new book (it's a seperate country now; we won!) so I had to have him age a bit since I was only really sure that the war was going on around 2060.
Trigger
So what, are we all drunks and party-goers and general late teenage/ early adult characters who only run to be able to pay off our bar and club tabs...and hooker tabs?
Cthulhu449
With little fail, shadowrunners tend to be incredibly talented (especially for their age), incredibly gorgeous or handsome young adults, who are so well off they shouldn't have any need to run the shadows, and act really mysterious and standoffish, yet are strangely popular and charismatic (except for the occasional disgusting hacker who looks like he sleeps in garbage, vomit, and crap, but he/she compensates for this by jamming those build points into being able to hack anything from the corner ATM to Zurich Orbital and could probably get a job with any sane business person SIN or not). Who wouldn't party when your life is rocking that hard? nyahnyah.gif
Trigger
Well, I am not asking why we party (it is quite obvious biggrin.gif ) I am just asking if we all do....or is there a secret professional among us? cool.gif Holden can come off tight sometimes, but he likes to party as much as anyone, he is just more cautious about the risks involved.
SoyKaf Adict
Not everyone is all parties, but I don't know any real Shadowrunner who wouldn't want to party... Unless you're the aforementioned Hacker aka. FastJack, heh. But as for paying the rent and the whore bills, yup... That would describe most of EatMe's reasons for running. Heh.
Syndicate_killer
QUOTE (Cthulhu449)
(except for the occasional disgusting hacker who looks like he sleeps in garbage, vomit, and crap, but he/she compensates for this by jamming those build points into being able to hack anything from the corner ATM to Zurich Orbital and could probably get a job with any sane business person SIN or not).

Hey I resemble that remark...i mean rescent lol
gobogen
Hey forgot to tell everyone that you can roll your starting nuyen at invisible castle.

And yes, it seems everyone likes to party in this group smile.gif so you could still be called a party crew wink.gif
Redjack
Simon is my first hard partier Shadowrunner. Most of my characters tend to be more of the nose-down stick to task shadowrunners. Addicts and partiers risk that fine line of being too disruptive to a team's harmony and tend to need a 9mm to the head solution. Note to self: Keep on the good side of that line..

gobogen
No one seems to have much to do for now. If you feel like it, fast-forward to the meet to get things moving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012