Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using Decrease Attribute with Shapechange
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eleazar
1. Would I be able to use Decrease Body to decrease my Body attribute to be within range of being able to change into a dog if my body was normally 6.

2. If yes to 1, then would I be able to unsustain the Decrease Body and still be able to maintain the shapechange form of a dog. The body limitation is only to assume the form, it says nothing about once the form is already assumed. It also says the magician can use spells normally. Wouldn't this mean that if I increased my body with a spell while shapechanged, it would most definitely increase with no problems? So would there then be any reason a body increase from unsustaining Decrease Body mess anything up?

3. On the example forms for this spell it lists Eagle form, but eagle critters are not listed under ordinary critters. Would I just use the Thunderbird's stats without the magic and powers? It does say they very closely resemble eagles.

4. What about other animals like Bears, Guerillas, Hawks, Octopus', Squid, Cheetahs, Bats, and other animals?

5. Is there any SR3 reference that lists stats for more ordinary critters?

6. It is obvious that more forms are meant to be able to be used. A very good indicator of this is Eagle form, which is completely missing from the ordinary critters section. If Eagle form is mentioned in the description of the spell but not in the ordinary critters section, wouldn't that then mean ordinary critters not mentioned in the section are allowed? The book doesn't ever say the shapechange spell is exclusive only to those critters in the ordinary critter section. It merely suggests to use it as a reference.

7. Has there been any official word on the shapechange spell in regards to ordinary critters allowed?
Dashifen
1. Sure, and it's a good application of the spells. Well thought.

2. Yup. You're already a dog and will remain that way till the shapechange is dropped. Thus, if your attributes change (either from dropping the original spell or from casting a new one) you still stay a dog.

3. That works for me.

4. Go to http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/index.php and create an account. You can download the old SR3 critter guide for free which has a bunch of stats for normal critters. You'll have to extrapolate from there, but it's a decent starting point.

5. See 4

6. I'd allow any non-sentient, non-paranormal critter. You want to be a naked mole rat, have a good time.

7. Not beyond that which is in the books. The FAQ doesn't even have the word "shapechange" in it smile.gif
Eleazar
Response to #4
Critters is an SR3 guide for paracritters, not ordinary critters.
djinni
QUOTE (Eleazar)
1. Would I be able to use Decrease Body to decrease my Body attribute to be within range of being able to change into a dog if my body was normally 6.

"Add 1 to the critter’s Base attribute Ratings for every hit the caster generates. Her Mental attributes remain unchanged."

so you decrease your body to a 4...
then you get 5 hits on your shapechange spell...
the body is 7...
can't change into the dog now can you?

body 2 critter, you get 5 hits, it's now a body 7 critter you transform into.
perhaps the rule is meant to limit YOUR attributes,
otherwise I could be an all physical stats 1 dwarf change into a dog and get 5 hits then POOF sustaining focus
now you get a 7 8 8 7 for almost free!
Eleazar
QUOTE (djinni @ Feb 8 2007, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (Eleazar @ Feb 8 2007, 07:25 PM)

"Add 1 to the critter’s Base attribute Ratings for every hit the caster generates. Her Mental attributes remain unchanged."

so you decrease your body to a 4...
then you get 5 hits on your shapechange spell...
the body is 7...
can't change into the dog now can you?

body 2 critter, you get 5 hits, it's now a body 7 critter you transform into.
perhaps the rule is meant to limit YOUR attributes,
otherwise I could be an all physical stats 1 dwarf change into a dog and get 5 hits then POOF sustaining focus
now you get a 7 8 8 7 for almost free!

The limitation is for the base body attribute of the form as described in the description of the spell. I think you are misunderstanding how the spell works. Any manipulations to base body form, due to hits, are done when the effects of the spell have taken affect and when the form has been assumed. There is no limitation on how high your attributes in the assumed form can be due to hits. I could get 15 hits and the dogs body in the assumed form would be 17. Of course, as long as the spell was a Force 15 spell. That is the limitation on the hits, as it is with every other single spell in SR4.
Dashifen
Page 19 of the of the critters guide for SR3 has normal critters.
djinni
QUOTE (Eleazar)
The limitation is for the base body attribute of the form as described in the description of the spell.

so are the modifications, as I pointed out
Eleazar
QUOTE (djinni @ Feb 8 2007, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (Eleazar @ Feb 8 2007, 08:25 PM)
The limitation is for the base body attribute of the form as described in the description of the spell.

so are the modifications, as I pointed out

Your interpretation of the rules is not supported by the description of the spell.

Shapechange transforms a voluntary subject into a normal
(non-paranormal) critter, though the subject retains
human consciousness. The subject can only assume the form
of a critter whose base Body rating is 2 points greater or less
than her own. Consult the Critters section, p. 285, for the
subject’s Physical attributes while in critter form.
Add 1 to
the critter’s Base attribute Ratings for every hit the caster
generates. Her Mental attributes remain unchanged.
This spell does not transform clothing and equipment.
Magicians in critter form can still cast spells, but cannot perform
other tasks requiring speech.
Critter form works like the Shapechange spell, but only
allows the subject to change into a specific non-paranormal
animal. Each critter form is a different spell (Eagle Form,
Wolf Form, and so on).

The bolded part is the limitation. It says nothing of the modified base body rating being restricted to being within 2 of the targets body. If it was in fact as you say, it would instead say modified base body rating rather than saying only base body rating; completely omitting any word which could be taken to mean modified or modification.
Eleazar
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Feb 8 2007, 08:40 PM)

I believe I am looking at the wrong book then. I am guessing the full name of the book is Critters Guide rather than Critters. If it is the Critters SR3 book, then I don't believe an Aardwolf is an ordinary non-paranormal critter.
Thane36425
QUOTE (Eleazar)

The bolded part is the limitation. It says nothing of the modified base body rating being restricted to being within 2 of the targets body. If it was in fact as you say, it would instead say modified base body rating rather than saying only base body rating; completely omitting any word which could be taken to mean modified or modification.

I think you are right. You can be made a smaller creature, like turning a troll into a mouse, but you couldn't turn a dwarf into an elephant (not a full sized one, though a dwarf sized one would be possible). When made smaller, the body has the attributes of the new small form. Therefore, the troll would be greatly reduced in Body while being a mouse.

To put it another way: a character with a Body of 5 could be turned into a critter with a body of frin 7 to 1.
djinni
QUOTE (Eleazar)
The bolded part is the limitation.

your bolded text stops too soon
"Add 1 to the critter’s Base attribute Ratings for every hit the caster generates."
that tells you the base attribute ratings for the shapechanged spellcaster.

Thane a troll of body 7 can't turn into a dog since the critter he has to turn into has to have a body of 5 minimum, and 9 maximum.
Eleazar
QUOTE (djinni @ Feb 8 2007, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (Eleazar @ Feb 8 2007, 09:20 PM)
The bolded part is the limitation.

your bolded text stops too soon
"Add 1 to the critter’s Base attribute Ratings for every hit the caster generates."
that tells you the base attribute ratings for the shapechanged spellcaster.

Thane a troll of body 7 can't turn into a dog since the critter he has to turn into has to have a body of 5 minimum, and 9 maximum.

I don't see how this contradicts what I have said. Also, I believe Thane was speaking from the implication that decrease attribute is being used to make a Troll into a mouse. Thus, if the Troll used decrease attribute to make his body 2, a Troll could assume the form of a mouse. If Thane was not taking Decrease Attribute into account, then I agree with Djinni. It specifically states 2 greater or less.
djinni
QUOTE (Eleazar @ Feb 8 2007, 09:55 PM)
Your not making any sense to me.

the base attribute ratings for the form you assume is the critters base attribute ratings, plus the hits.
you aren't turning into fido
you are turning into "Animal X"
you aren't modifying the atttributes of fido
you are creating a new animal.
you don't have modified attributes, you have base attributes.
shapechange, not mimic

you can't say that you are using the base attributes when you feel like it you either use a rule all the time or you don't.
a troll's base body is still going to be his base body regardless of whether or not you use the spell decrease attribute to decrease it.
Eleazar
The rules do not say plus the hits. It says the base body attribute as given on the chart on page 285. The hits are not included in the base body attribute. For very good reason too, because the hits included are not the base body attribute as listed on page 285.

Not only that, but if it works the way you say it does, then there is no absolute way to tell what creature a character can really shapechange into. It would actually be all based upon how many hits are gotten on the spellcasting test rather than the base body attribute on page 285.
djinni
QUOTE (Eleazar @ Feb 8 2007, 10:05 PM)
The rules do not say plus the hits. It says the base body attribute as given on the chart on page 285. The hits are not included in the base body attribute. For very good reason too, because the hits included are not the base body attribute as listed on page 285.

the base attribute for the animal no the shapeshifted spellcaster....
if you are correct you've just pointed out that the spell cannot be used to make a troll a mouse
Eleazar
QUOTE (djinni @ Feb 8 2007, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (Eleazar @ Feb 8 2007, 10:05 PM)

the base attribute for the animal no the shapeshifted spellcaster....
if you are correct you've just pointed out that the spell cannot be used to make a troll a mouse

The difference is, the Troll would be using decrease attribute to make his body that amount. Once his body is 2, he would then be using the rules as stated for shapechange to become a mouse. I don't know what you are trying to imply, maybe you could be more specific.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Eleazar)
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Feb 8 2007, 08:40 PM)

I believe I am looking at the wrong book then. I am guessing the full name of the book is Critters Guide rather than Critters. If it is the Critters SR3 book, then I don't believe an Aardwolf is an ordinary non-paranormal critter.

I don't know what you're looking at, but the free download of the critters booklet -- the one that came with the SR3 GM screen -- has normal critters on page 19 (in the PDF). I just looked at my old paper copy and it's the same page. Not sure what's going on either. Here's the one I'm looking at.
Eleazar
One other thing to Djinni, notice how it says in the description:

Add 1 to the critter’s Base attribute Ratings for every hit the caster generates

It definitively says your adding to the Base attribute Ratings on page 285. Not forming new Base attribute Ratings based upon the sum of the hits generated on the spellcasting test + the Base attribute Ratings on page 285 to create a new modified Base attribute Rating. Understand?
mfb
i believe that "base attribute" only refers to the animal. for the target of the spell, the attribute used for comparison is "his own"--not his base attribute, which would be the same for all characters of a given metatype, the way it's the same for all critters of the same species. whether or not temporary adjustments to a character's attributes count as "his own" or not is up to the GM.
Eleazar
QUOTE (mfb @ Feb 8 2007, 10:31 PM)
i believe that "base attribute" only refers to the animal. for the target of the spell, the attribute used for comparison is "his own"--not his base attribute, which would be the same for all characters of a given metatype, the way it's the same for all critters of the same species. whether or not temporary adjustments to a character's attributes count as "his own" or not is up to the GM.

I would then have to take that to mean Natural body attribute. But then what would you do about people with an Augmented body attribute? Isn't it easier just to let the rules work as written? I think if they meant Natural body attribute they would have said so. In this case, I take base body attribute to mean the character's or ordinary critter's body attribute before the shapechange spell. This is the only frame of reference base can pull its definition from. It doesn't mention body from spells, cyberware, bioware, or anything else for that matter. To put it simply, considering the context in which base is used, base body attribute means before any modifiers from the shapechange spell have taken affect. If someone thinks otherwise I would be interested to hear why.

To be clear, this is in reference to "his own" attribute meaning natural. Not anything you said before that. I also agree that anything is up to the GM. What I want to know is that if a GM decided to interpret differently, would it be a House Rule?
mfb
i'm not sure it means the character's natural attribute. it doesn't say to use the natural attribute--just to use his attribute, whatever that is. my assumption would be that it means to use the character's total attribute--whatever he'd roll on a test.
djinni
QUOTE (mfb)
i believe that "base attribute" only refers to the animal. for the target of the spell, the attribute used for comparison is "his own"--not his base attribute.

"The subject can only assume the form of a critter whose base Body rating is 2 points greater or less than her own."
"his own" is linked to "base body rating" and can be added behind not changing the meaning of the sentence (much in the same way the understood "you" is used) since we've all taken english classes we should recognize that part immediately.
mfb
yes, except that then you're not talking about the character's actual bought-with-bp-and-karma attribute, you're talking about the base attribute for his metatype. so, for all trolls, you'd use Body 8. which makes a certain kind of sense, i guess, but seems kinda weird.

this is assuming that "base attribute" = 3 + racial mods, as it has in previous editions--a shaky assumption, given the massive changes made to the game in 4th ed.
djinni
QUOTE (mfb)
you're talking about the base attribute for his metatype.

so then since that isn't defined in the book does that mean RAW shapechange can't be cast?
mfb
according to your interpretation? yeah. that's kinda why i'm suggesting a different interpretation.
Garrowolf
There is sort of an answer to what they intended in the SR3 FAQ

For the Shapechange/Transform spells, can you choose to have a higher (or lower) Body rating for the creature you wish to shapechange into?
No, the transformation turns you into the standard creature of that type (with the standard Body of the critter). You do not turn into a larger/smaller version of that animal.

Can you cast Decrease Attribute, followed by Increase Attribute (which is easier because the attribute TN is smaller), then un-sustain the Decrease Attribute, allowing you to have a higher Attribute than you'd have without having Decreased it? How about changing your Reaction after an Increased Reflexes spell?
No. Only one attribute-affecting health spell can be used to modify an attribute at a time.

It's not a direct answer but it might help.

Actually what we usually do in my group's games is if the GM doesn't mind you can create a modified version of a spell by increasing the drain code. This is the end result of trying to sustain another spell anyway. Then if you are specifically wanting a Troll to Mouse spell you can limit the target group I think. this will bring down the drain some.
Eryk the Red
I don't worry about it too much because no one in my campaign has used Shapechange, though I think if someone did I'd rewrite it like this: I'd make a chart, a line, really. On the line is a bunch of points. At various points on the line are example creatures of various sizes. The leftmost ones are small, increasing in size toward the right. So, when a character wants to shapechange, they choose a critter. Then they count the number of points on the line that that critter is away from their size. That number would be the required Force of the spell. So, theoretically, a troll mage could shapechange into a mosquito, but he might need to cast the spell at Force 32. This would replace the Body limitation, which I find... unsatisfying. Otherwise, the spell would work the same.
Eleazar
Actually the first quote helps out by stating it is a standard creature of that type. What does standard creature mean though? Does that mean shark is just some very abstract term for every shark in the species. Or, could I actually turn into a great white shark if my body wasn't small enough to turn into a normal shark. Normal shark probably being the grey nurse shark, as that is what most people are actually picturing in their mind when they use the generic term shark. I am guessing standard to mean a fully developed adult. Meaning no babies, adolescents, teens, or pre-adults. Right? Only a standard form of that species, or a standard form of the

1. So, would a standard shark be a term representative of every shark in the subclass ELASMOBRANCHII. Meaning every shark in these ORDERS:
Sixgil, Sevengill, and Frilled Sharks
Dogfish Sharks
Sawsharks
Angelsharks
Bullhead Sharks
Carpetsharks
Mackerel Sharks
Ground Sharks

2. Or, would standard shark just be denoting one of the many shark species in the shark subclass ELASMOBRANCHII. Most likely the grey nurse shark or similar.

If 1 is true that means you can only change into the shark provided on the chart in 285. Yet the chart in 285 does list great white sharks and tiger sharks. If 2 is true, that means you can change into any shark in the ELASMOBRANCHII subclass.

3. Another way of looking at it. If 1 is true, then shark is just a general term for every shark in the ELASMOBRANCHII subclass. As extra hits are rolled, you turn into a shark within the subclass that is stronger and more powerful. So 1 hit might be a grey nurse shark while 5 would be a great white or whale shark. From the way the text sounds though, you just become a more powerful form of what ordinary critter you have assumed. So if it was in fact a grey nurse shark you assumed, you would become a very powerful grey nurse shark enhanced by the magic from the shapechange spell. The latter makes more sense to me.
Cheops
You have to be within 2 body points of the natural body of the critter into which you are trying to transform. Once you meet that criteria you can cast the spell thereby turning you into the critter. Net hits increase the physical attributes by the hits.

The final modified critter body (including net hits) doesn't matter for the targeting restriction.

Now here's a corker for you guys...do you allow PCs who have shapechanged to still use their cyber/bio ware?
Eleazar
Yes, but is there a great white shark form. A great white shark form would obviously have a heck of a lot more body than your normal typical shark. What does standard mean in the text there for the SR3 FAQ?

They can use their cyber/bioware before the form is changed into, yes. Once the form is changed into though the bioware/cyberware is no longer there. It specifically states clothing and equipment is not transformed. It also says you take on the base attributes of the new form, so any augmented attributed would no longer apply. You actually are turning into a shark when you shapechange into one. Since sharks do not have any bioware or cyberware, neither would you. You do still keep your mental stats and special stats, including magic.

EDITED:
Ok the stats on page 285 are for bull sharks. It says the stats for tiger sharks and great white sharks are different. So should I treat tiger and great white sharks as separate ordinary critters with different stats? The text sure seems to imply this.

EDITED AGAIN:
The part about the alpha male wolf could possibly contradict this, though this is still within the same species of the wolf. There is no reason there couldn't be an alpha male great white shark which would be a shapeshifter. Also, after the reading description about dogs, these stats seemed to be more of guidelines than definitive stats for all ordinary creatures of that type.
Glyph
The limited stats given for ordinary critters in SR4 are intended as guidelines, not an exclusive list, and you can change them for things like larger sharks, smaller dogs, and so on. For some of the entries, they even say what general size range that statistics are for (the dog stats, for example, are for medium to large dogs such as Rottweilers and German Shepards. A Chihuaha or Corgi would have lower stats).
vladski
QUOTE (Cheops)
You have to be within 2 body points of the natural body of the critter into which you are trying to transform.  Once you meet that criteria you can cast the spell thereby turning you into the critter.  Net hits increase the physical attributes by the hits.

The final modified critter body (including net hits) doesn't matter for the targeting restriction.

Now here's a corker for you guys...do you allow PCs who have shapechanged to still use their cyber/bio ware?

ATTRIBUTES
In my game, we use the Body Attribute of the specific character (not some average of the metatype) unmodified by cyberware/bioware. The theory here is that those things (cyber/bio) don't crossover or relate to magic/mana. If the body is modified magically (via spell or adept power,) then it translates over.

We compare that unmodified (or magically modified) body attribute to the base Body attribute of the specific type of creature (the average of it's kind) the character wants to transform into. They can not be more than 2 different.

Hence, the original question about the Attribute spell being able to facilitate a shapechange to an otherwise wrong-sized creature, in our interpretation, would be allowed.

Furthermore, we take those base physical attributes of the "average" creature being morphed into and apply the number of successes in casting the spell to them to generate new stats for the "specific" creature the character has become.

Thus, Joe Runner, a human, with Attributes:
B A R S C I L W
4 5 4 4 2 2 3 4

wants to shape change into a wolf, whose average creature attributes are:
B A R S C I L W
2 3 3 2 3 3 2 3

would become a shapechanged wolf with attributes as follows, should the spell be cast on him with 3 successes:

B A R S C I L W
5 6 6 5 2 2 3 4

{We believe all of the above to be the "spirit" of the spell.. the way it was intended to be interpreted.}

ABILITIES
The the newly shapechanged character has any skills that the type of creature that he has morphed into natively has. It would be pretty silly to change into a bird and not be able to fly instantly, or change into the above wolf and not be able to naturally walk and run as a creature with four legs. What would be the point?

We also claim any physical skills that the type of creature has natively are carried over to the character at the power they are listed at, even if they do not posses those skills (or posses them at a lower level.) If the character has the same skills at a higher level normally, then they retain those higher levels.

For example, the normal wolf above has the following skills:
Infiltration 2, Perception 2, Tracking 2, Unarmed Combat 4

Shapechanged Joe Runner also has Infiltration normally, but at a 4 so he keeps his normal Infiltration 4. He normally has Unarmed Combat at a 2 so he increases to a Unarmed of 4 while in wolf form. He didn't have Tracking at all, so gains this at a 2.

This reasoning also applies to the concept of Powers: Natural weapons. A shapechanged wolf character retains his: claws/bite (DV:2, AP:0)

{We believe all of the above to be in the spirit of what the spell is saying it does, tho' there could be some room for debate, especially concerning the way to handle natural animal abilities and powers. There can be really not much debate that the spirit of the spell was intended to allow you to "function" as a creature and be able to walk, fly or swim as the native could.}

CYBERWARE
In the case of cyberware being able to be used, we say "No." We do believe that it is "carried along" and will be present, in place, intact and functional when the subject remorphs into its native form. I would love to hear an official comment on this, however. It seems VERY limiting to only allow non-cybered characters to shapechange, or to have them be damaged/killed because their cyberware is left on the ground after they change, not to be present when they return to native form.

We also make allowances that any foci/fetish are also carried along as some sort of intangible force that reappear when the subject remorphes. The reasoning behind this is that hey are not mundane things and are "bonded" with the shapechanged character

{This is a complete house rule concerning cyberware and foci/fetishes. We simply prefer it that way and I can see how the official ruling could be otherwise. }

I am not claiming any of the above rulings to be the absolute truth. I am saying what several players, all knowledgable of the game and intelligent have reasoned from the text in multiple discussions as being the "spirit" of the spell. I hope this reasoning helps others.

Vlad
Eleazar
QUOTE (vladski)
Furthermore, we take those base physical attributes of the "average" creature being morphed into and apply the number of successes in casting the spell to them to generate new stats for the "specific" creature the character has become.

The rest of you post is very agreeable Vlad, but there is one element this part fails to take into account. Smaller creatures than the average creature given. There is no reason why the shapechange spell, given its description and page 285, that it would not cover smaller species as well. In fact, the wolf description is a perfect example of what the extra hits are generated to do. To create an alpha male or a prime creature of that specific species. Using your method prevents me from ever shapechanging into a Chihuahua for the dog. Or a Sharpnose Shark which is normally close to half the size of a Bull Shark. If the shapechange spell worked as you said, the hits could also be used to decrease the attributes to turn into a smaller species if preferred over a larger depending on the circumstances. However it makes much more sense if from the get go I chose to turn into a Chihuahua and the hits would be added. That way smaller species still benefit from the hits on the spellcasting test.

Thank you for your post. It really lays out everything well and gives more structure to the spell which is definitely needed.
vladski
QUOTE (Eleazar)
The rest of you post is very agreeable Vlad, but there is one element this part fails to take into account. Smaller creatures than the average creature given. There is no reason why the shapechange spell, given its description and page 285, that it would not cover smaller species as well. In fact, the wolf description is a perfect example of what the extra hits are generated to do. To create an alpha male or a prime creature of that specific species. Using your method prevents me from ever shapechanging into a Chihuahua for the dog. Or a Sharpnose Shark which is normally close to half the size of a Bull Shark. If the shapechange spell worked as you said, the hits could also be used to decrease the attributes to turn into a smaller species if preferred over a larger depending on the circumstances. However it makes much more sense if from the get go I chose to turn into a Chihuahua and the hits would be added. That way smaller species still benefit from the hits on the spellcasting test.

Thank you for your post. It really lays out everything well and gives more structure to the spell which is definitely needed.

Hey! Thanks for such a nice reply to my post. smile.gif

I would like to say that for all my long winded typing, I wasn't completely clear.

Under my take on the spell, there is no reason your character couldn't change into a Chihuahua (barring not managing to meet the original "Character's Body needs to be within 2" rule, which can be gotten around with spells.)

I used the base stats for a "common wolf" for convenience to show what I was doing with the attributes and skills/powers since it was listed in the BBB. The "base stats" for a little dog like that would not be the same as the base stats for the "common dog" listed in the BBB. Your GM would simply have to come up with stats for that type of dog. I would say the BOD of such a creature would be a 1, with a STR to match. Reaction and agility would probably be similar to the "common dog."

Obviously the successes on the spellcasting are going to raise the final stats for the "shapechaged Chihuahua." (Couldn't you have used "teacup poodle" for your example? It's a lot easier to type. wink.gif ) I view these higher than normal stats to be the magical property of being a shapechanged creature. While the final Body might be a 4 for the Chihuahua, it is not going to actually "be" any larger than a normal specimen of it's ilk. The additional Body or Strength or Agility is the magical nature of the shapechanged beastie.

There is a huge precedent for the GM creating stats for different animals. The book itself mentions using an "Eagle Form" for the related "Critter Form" spell and I defy you to find a critter listing for "Eagle" in the BBB. *shrugs* It would have been nice if FanPro had listed at least a few more types of animals, especially flying ones or ones with other odd characteristics so as to be better able to extrapolate from the stats similar creatures that aren't listed. They obviously meant for us to do so. On the other hand, they only had so many pages to work with.

While there are a few things I don't like about the 4th Ed of SR (ie. the new Initiative! I hate guaranteed phases), overall I think it's a faster moving, quicker resolving , more streamlined game. My players, who I began running SR3 with when it first came out, seem to feel that way as well.

Vlad
Cheops
I've had a player in my game turn into a Sparrow (body 1 or 0, I can't remember) that ended up being tougher than the character.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012