Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Staging up static effects?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
How can static effects (like a monowire fence or gamascopolamine) stage up to a greater damage code?

Where in the 3rd ed. rulebook is it explained?

Must I do an opposed test of "force" vs. body and stage up with every two successes?

Thanks
Kagetenshi
They can't, IIRC. If you want to do it anyway, you might consider emulating the explosives rules—roll 1/2 Power in dice, TN 4, stage up for every two successes.

~J
JesterX
Is there a rule in the 4th edition that covers this a little better?
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
They can't, IIRC. If you want to do it anyway, you might consider emulating the explosives rules—roll 1/2 Power in dice, TN 4, stage up for every two successes.

~J

Echo this.

Without using this rule, everything that has the most minute chance of killing you needs a deadly damage code, and you end up with things like 2D damage, which is usually but not always stupid.

As for 4th edition, I don't know of one, but I also see no reason why you couldn't use basically the same rule. Roll dice equal to DV or half DV (intuitively, I think I'd recommend the former), add hits to base DV for final damage, stage down normally.
Kagetenshi
Not the most minute chance—just anything whose chance is larger than that representable by a botch on the resistance test.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012