Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:20:11 Puyallup District

{@Tigger[Jake]: Works perfect. Meet ya there in few minutes. You could by some anti sept sprey and wet tissues while you are there. Use them before I arrive.}
Jake checks the status of the roto drone and heads to meet with Tigger.
"I have arranged pick up spot with Tigger. Has anyone dug up anything on Vlad in the meantime?"

BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:20:11 Puyallup District

"I'm working on it."

<<@Spider [Carter] Can I get a trace put on his current location? Here's the address I have on file.>>

While the team drives out of Hell's Kitchen to pick up their wayward soul, Carter pulls up the information that Whisper had handed over. It's imperfect, but would be all the intel they received until someone worked the HumInt angle and got inside.
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:24:00 Puyallup District

@Tigger
One good thing about a stuffer shack in a rat hole neighborhood like this is that there is plenty of turn on the soydogs, so yours actually tastes reasonably fresh... of course that's all in your perspective. This late at night, no buses are running around here so you are good at the stop though there is an old homeless man eying your dog. He's definitely not a threat and he's smart enough not to draw fire on himself by panhandling from the youth this late at night.

@Jake/Whisper
The roto-drone has a primary stabilizer malfunction from the bullet, but the secondary stabilizers are fully operation - just not quite as effective as the primaries. The sensory suite also has some glitch in it right now and there is a level of distortion over the audio and video feeds. Enough to be slightly annoying, not enough to prohibit operations.

@Whisper
Jake just drove past the turn to your apartment, apparently oblivious to your request.

@Carter
<<@Carter [Spider] Seems like his typical hangout is a place called The Max Club in Tacoma. Its on North 30th near North McCarver Street... Not too far from Jack Hyde Park. I'll keep looking for a definite signal on him. The Max Club is a gentleman's club that the Vory run. The girls are Russian and Georgian mostly and indentured to work the club. Most of them work the upper floor of the club also... on their backs. Given the breadth of the operation, I'd expect moderate resistance to anything upsetting business... and a potentially quick escalation to heavy resistance.>>
BishopMcQ

"Team. It looks like our target is at a brothel on North 30th near North McCarver Street. I have people trying to find an exact signal fix on him, but I'd say we should start there. Security is present on site, care of any street thugs the Russians can gather. Their more highly trained people will be near by if trouble breaks out though."

Trigger
Munching on his soydog, Tigger eyes the homeless man with a sidelong glance before getting back up off the bus stop seat and heading back to the Stuffer Shack again. He makes a quick purchase of a package of disinfectant wipes as well as some disinfectant airspray. He also purchases another soydog before leaving again.

Stowing the disinfectant wipes and spray in his messenger bag, Tigger tosses the soydog to the homeless man as he takes a seat on the bench again, giving the man a wink before cuing his music back up on his earbuds. Sometimes even I amaze myself...
kvasac

"Ok. I am going to pick up Tigger and then I am going to take Whisper to her place. We can plan our next move there."
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:31:00 Puyallup District

@Tigger
The bum takes the soydog with a smile and a nod and moves on quickly, as if you might change your mind. Your own dog taking thirty seconds to eat, the next six and a half minutes pass in utter boredom.

@All
Jake pulls up at the bus stop where Tigger sits sipping on a troll-size soft drink.

@Carter
<<@Carter [Spider] Still looking. The LTG is ghost routed and spoofed. Got an agent tracking down the final loop. Will advise. >>
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:31:00 Puyallup District

How unhealthy...

Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:42:00 Puyallup District

The team pulls into a neighborhood where the streets are a little cleaner and some of the yards have grass. They pull up in front of a little house that is pretty average for the neighborhood, except for the arcane symbols in chalk that adorn the walk. The exterior is actually in a state of reasonable repair. There is a single car garage attached to the house and probably 2-3 bedrooms inside. Overall, while this neighborhood does not compare with Condos or houses of Auburn City to the north, it is on par with some of the better areas of the Puyallups to live.... not that that really says much.
kvasac

Jake turns to Whisper.
"I would be very grateful if you could bring me some of your cleaning tools."
Once everyone disembarks he will bring in the drone to personally inspect the damage and see what can be done with it.
BishopMcQ

Carter looks around, already his overly retentive mind is absorbing small facts to be pored over later in finer detail. He looks at the current set of chalk outlines, over dozens of previous iterations that has been washed away by the rain to leave a faint haze on the sidewalk.

"Are we heading inside, or discussing our business here in the van like a group of criminals?"
Storm

Home sweet home..

I am going inside. Text me if you need to, chummers, but ya aint coming into my house. ..It's nice and clean.

With that, Whisper climbs out of the van and heads inside her place with the intention of heading straight to work.

Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:42:30 Puyallup District

Whisper heads into her house, closing the door behind her. She appears to have been serious. This leaves Rex, Carter, Tigger & Jake all in the van as Jake attempts to sanitize.

There appear to be three choices. Two of which are: Wait for her to finish or go on to the bar without her.
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:42:38 Puyallup District

[@Whisper [Carter] Are you planning on joining us for the rest of our job, or is this where you call it quits?]

"If any of you have worked with her in the past and can enlighten me on this, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I suggest that we write her off and finish the job. We can tie up any loose ends, after dealing with the Russians."
Storm
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:42:38 Puyallup District

[@Carter[Whisper]As stated earlier, I am a mage. Being such I am taking it upon myself to use the samples I gathered from the private residence and perform ritual magic as a means of tracking down our guy. Better sharpen your senses, slick. This was mentioned earlier. Too many little details get by you and you'll screw us all over.]
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:42:40 Puyallup District

[@Whisper [Carter] You said "Alright, boys. If you wouldn't mind dropping me off I can go and get my work done." Never did you state that ritual sorcery was going to be used to track down the target. Speak with precision and the details that you believe are missed won't be omitted. Now, we have a location of the individual who supplied our two thugs. Are you going to stay here with the razor and hairbrush, or deal with the Russian who wants to collect the target? If you are staying, how long will the ritual take and do you have the necessary assistance? I am sure that you know a ritual of one is useless.]
blackhawk1w
<<@all [Rex] Now before we get into a pissing war here lets just stop an talk about this real quick how long is this going take? we cant just sit here because we dont fit in verywell to the landscape we might get shot at. It might be nice to let us know when we are to become a taxi service. Now next thing we need to start to think what we are planning to do seems as though we dont have a clear plan yet to do anything an we are nothing but thugs not shawdow runners. With that said what are we going to do now.>>
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:42:40 Puyallup District

[@all [Jake]: Let us see what Whisper can do. Better to go full force on the Russians than divided. Once we have Whispers intel we can pil all available info and decide on best possible course of action. ]
Storm
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:43:10 Whisper's Appt

[@Carter[Whisper]...I never did much mind the little things in life.]

[@All[Whisper]My attempts at ritual magic are most likely going to be somewhere between 6-8 hours. Currently, I have no vehicle at my disposal so I will contact you when I have finished. I'd invite you all in but I think it would better our chances of success were I completely undisturbed.]
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 22:43:40 Puyallup District

[@All[Jake]: Allright then. Shall we go scouting? See what kind of force Vlad has with him and such?]

Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:38:00; North Starr Street, Tacoma District

@Whisper
After a few minutes, the arduous and time consuming task of the ritual begins. She knows it will be hours before it is complete.... and there is no assurance of success.

@Jake, Rex, Tigger & Carter
The drive out of the Puyallups and into Tacoma goes without incident. As the quartet enters the district, they notice the increased lighting and police presence. The fact that there are both, though not in any numbers to be of concern to the team... at least at first. As the team continues farther into the district the security ratings continue to increase. By the time they are within a few blocks of the Max Club they realize that are in a neighborhood with an "A" security rating. (Though the end of the peninsula is rated "AAA", so it could be a lot worse.)

They find themselves parked on the side of the street in front of St. Peters Church, a block over and a block down from the club. The church parking lot is empty at this time of night so the team can't stay long without arousing suspicion. It does provide them a few minutes to formulate a plan....
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:38:00; North Starr Street, Tacoma District

Looking at the church, Carter flashed to a previous moment in life.

The altarboy robes were white and a thick synthetic material. He pulls it over his head and shoves his arms through the sleeves.

"Dad's been talking about sending me to the UCAS academy. He thinks that summer program will be a good introduction to the boys that I will be schooling with next year. "

Carter catches a reflection of the face he had only seen in flashbacks. These memories were his according to the shrinks, all part of the training. A young boy of eleven, he wore braces and wire glasses. At the neck of the robe, a dress shirt and tie were visible.

"Da--sorry Father. I mean that's not fair. What about our plans to go camping in August?" Mel handed the purple cord that they had to wear this week over to the other boy.

"He said that this was more important than one camping trip. This program is for talented youths from good families. Dad apparently talked to Senator Jenson to get a letter of recommendation for me. Book or cross tonight?"

"I'll take the book. Maybe we can go when you are home for the holidays."

In a flash, the memory is gone back into the fog of everything from before the age of twenty or so.

"Let's go get a drink. Nothing conspicuous. I'll head over first, you two come in a little later. Remember, unless something gets fucked, I won't know you."

With that Carter opens the door to the van and steps into the quiet parking lot. He tightens his coat against the spring winds. The others had thirty seconds to stop him before he would start walking.
blackhawk1w
<< Now dont you thinks we might be a bit under dressed for this place. not to mention hmmmmmm me you got an idea of why we are here I dont think me walking in an asking for the Johnson party is going to work>>
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:38:12; North Starr Street, Tacoma District

Setting off on foot in direction of the club, Carter responds over comms.

<<@Team [Carter] I don't plan on asking for anyone. Have a drink, look around. If you are under dressed, they probably won't let you past the door. Don't make a scene.>>
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:38:42; North Starr Street, Tacoma District

There is a relief on Jake's as these parts of the city have been known to be cleaner than others. But there was something else. For some unknown reason, he felt at home here, surrounded by security if various parties.
Unlike ready for war looking Rex, Jake looks like and dressess like someone of importiance. He steps out of the van, microflys in his pockets, reay to be released when he deems so, and dobermans on stand by in case of emergency.
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:32:06; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

@Carter, Jake

Carter and Jake walk to the corner, around the block and down the street. The Max Club is obvious at this time of night though not obnoxiously so. A pair of doormen stand quietly and non obtrusively watching while another pair of younger men serve as valets. AR is subdued and tasteful.

Moving casually towards the door and falling back on his years of experience, Carter walks through the doors with a nod to one of the bouncers. Lacking social skills and being a bit uncomfortable amongst all the germs in the air, Jake seems to be drawing the attention of the doormen until Carter utters two words that cause the doormen to return to ignoring them.. "First time."

Inside the building the lighting is at a moderate level. Not bright, but not too dark either. The music is subdued and gentle.. relaxing. A long bar runs along the left wall, chairs & tables run down the middle and comfortable booths along the wall to the right. The gentle hum of quiet conversation mixes with the music and Carter's initial, professional, estimate puts the count in the room around sixty people, mostly in pairs though there are a number of single women at the bar and mingling between tables as well as several tables of three or four.

The hostess greats the pair with a smile. Unlike many of the other women in the room who have ARO's with detailed information, the ARO attached to her simply states: Hostess. Additionally, an ARO appears available to Carter labeled: Menu. It have widgets attached to it: Drinks & Dinner. "Welcome to the Max Club. What is your pleasure tonight gentlemen?"

@Rex, Trigger
The other two walk down the block and disappear from sight. The next few minutes are quiet as you sit waiting for information.
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:32:06; North Starr Street, Tacoma District

Jake looks at Carter, waiting for his cue.
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:32:08; North Starr Street, Tacoma District

"A spot at the bar if possible. Somewhere my friend can have a chance to look things over."

Opening the menu, Carter looks through it quickly. He places an order for an appetizer and two beers. One a dark stout, labeled as having hints of coffee and chocolate. The other a fresh IPA with a hoppy taste reminiscent of a summer's day and cut grass.

He will gesture for Jake to follow the hostess as Carter brings up the rear.
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:32:08; North Starr Street, Tacoma District

Wich is what Jake does. As he follows the hostes he looks around at the clientelle...
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:32:45; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

The duo follows the hostess to the bar and take seats. As Carter works through the decedent menu, he finds a carnal menu within the dinner section. Though tastefully placed within the menu, it insures there is no doubt as to what is really being sold. The dinner section of the menu contains appetizers and sandwiches, but no other food.

The drink order is no more placed than a pair of young ladies make their way to flank the pair. A fair skinned elven woman with long, sandy blonde hair in a revealing black evening dress takes a seat by Jake smiling, "Good evening.". She moves a hand near Jake's to move seductively inside his personal space.

Meanwhile, a dark skinned, svelte human woman moves in besides Carter. Her violet dress, slit to her waist, shows off her athletic legs and complements the deep wells that are her eyes. She takes a similar tact, smiling seductively moving inside Carter's personal space slowly. Her scent is seductive and nearly overwhelms his senses. "Buy me a drink, handsome?"

[ Spoiler ]
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:32:48; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

Recognizing the difference in working ethics between these girls and Crystie, Carter shifts to accomodate the dark woman between him and Jake. Signalling the bartender, he orders drinks for the two women.

"Two Young Virgins please."

Despite the name referring to drinks without alcohol, the Young Virgin is actually equal parts gin, white creme de menthe and triple sec. With hope the nuance wouldn't be lost on the girls.

"My friend has never been to the Max Club. As it's his first time, I'm hoping you ladies can help make some recommendations."
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:33:09; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

Both women giggle as if on queue at the drink order. The nubian princess slides in closer to Carter. She sticks a finger in her mouth, then lazily traces with it on the bar before looking back to Carter with a sly look. "We can make a few suggestions..." She looks up to the bartender, "I think my new friend needs a screaming orgasm". Like Carter's order, the drink is alcoholic.. vodka, Bailey's & Kahlua.
[ Spoiler ]

As Jake sits fighting back the emotions associated to someone penetrating his personal space he can't help but face that fact that it is not just anyone, but a woman of the evening.. No telling how many men she's been with... How many germs there are on her right now...
[ Spoiler ]

Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:33:24; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

Carter remains his calm, controlled self despite the overwhelming raw sexual attraction of this woman. For the briefest most he can envision himself with her, intertwined, giving in to his deep carnal desires... Then he realizes that which he missed a few moments ago.. She also has pheromones.. High quality by the scent. His years of training allows him to easily focus back on task and play the game.

Jake is a different story. The proximity of the woman is putting Jake on edge, he does his best to remain composed, but her scent is also arousing him. Combined with the thoughts of the potentially countless germs already transferred from the limited contact with him from the contact with god-only-knows how many scumbags today.... Jake's face definitely betrays his revulsion and Carter sees a potential problem brewing from that...
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:33:24; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

Fuck.

"Could you ladies give us a moment? My friend here is a bit nervous. Your intoxicating presence has overwhelmed him, we surely wouldn't want a premature end to your activities."

[@Jake [Carter] Breathe deeply and calm down. She's a professional, which means she is clean. An establishment like this makes sure their girls are quite hygienic.]
kvasac

"Dirtydirtygerminfested." Jake hisses and shakes his head, taking a step back as he begins to shake "Needtogettomyvan.There'snoplace like home.There'snoplace like home. There'snoplace like home.There'snoplace like home."
And that is when he starts stumbling over things and people...
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:33:48; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

The scene appears rapidly heading out of control. The woman with Carter giggles as the woman rejected by Jake appears to have definitely taken offense. Her face hardens and the soft sex appeal melts away as Carter attempts to reassure Jake who in turn fights to regain control of his emotional response. Everything thing is hanging a hair's breath from disaster when a man whom the duo had not noticed speaks from behind them, "Iz there a problem here?" He accent is a think Russian one and he is definitely part of the on-site muscle.

Strangely enough the unhappy woman looks to Carter rather than speaking up. Her eyes shift between Carter, Jake and the new arrival, settling back on Jake and remaining silent.

The darker woman moves over grabbing the arm of the other pulling her away, taking Carter's advice. "We were just heading to powder our noses.". This leaves the duo with the large Russian who appears to be not quite sure the situation is all kosher.
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:33:48; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

Jake leans his face to the new arrival and whispers in conspirational tone: "Bacterias. Everywhere."
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:33:50; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

"No problem. My friend here was overwhelmed by the lady. Let me buy you a drink for the inconvenience and I'll calm him down."

Carter watches the two women go, scanning the path they are taking for a men's room.
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:37:00; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

Making the most use of his years of experience, Carter moves to smooth over Jake's social faux pas. The bouncer declines Carter's offer for a drink, but the desired effect occurs anyway, "No. No thanks, just see to your friend.". The bouncer then moves on back into obscurity.

Watching the girls, he is able to locate the entrance to the restrooms and lead Jake off without further incident or issue. The bathroom is clean and sizable as one would expect in an upper class establishment.
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:37:00; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

"No,no,no,no..Everywhere but there. Do you know how many bad things are released there? It's unhygienic." Jake struggles as Carter drags him in. Once inside he looks around nervously, as if there is deadly menace out to get him in every crack and corner.
"What is it?"
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:37:02; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

This is why I work alone, or at the very least choose who I am working with.

"Did you miss the point of the conversation where we weren't going to make a scene? I know that work has been a little rough recently, life must have been a whole lot simpler when you never left your sterilized lab. You're here now, welcome to the real world. A very simple choice needs to be made right now--either you go out there and bed the girl or you leave. If you can't keep your shit together long enough for one of those options, say so now."
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:37:02; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

"You mean like..." Jake makes a face "yewww...I am not payed for that.Where do I get out?"
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:37:03; Max Club, North 30th Street., Tacoma District

"Quite the opposite, you pay her for the opportunity."

There is a second where Carter sizes up the man, weighing his value. Whether or not he finds Jake wanting is unclear.

Stepping away from the rigger, he opens the door and gestures for Jake to lead.
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:38:03; Max Club, North 30th Street, Tacoma District

Jake heads out, shaking visibly. He does, however, leave a fly hanging on a ceiling, overwatching Carter.
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:38:12; Max Club, North 30th Street, Tacoma District

Jake heads out the door on onto the street, leaving his fly-spy on the ceiling watching Carter. Carter on the other hand exits the bathroom looks around the room and sees the two beauties have returned to their seats. They see him exit the bathroom and when the blond sees Jake head for the door, she perks up and smiles Jake's way. The bodyguard has moved across the room and sat down at a corner table with several other men.
blackhawk1w
Thinking to myself " this is boring" so Rex just leans back an goes to sleep
Redjack
Carter moves to the far end bar to position himself better to try to hear the conversation of the bouncers. The girls move with him, sure that he is moving to the corner to get cozier with them. As Carter tries to figure out how in the world he is going to get better idea of what is going on, a man comes storming out of the back and over to the table. "Find out where those idiots are and find that мертвый человек!"
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:38:16; Max Club, North 30th Street, Tacoma District

<@Team [Carter] I don't think they know where he is. I'll be out in a bit.>

As the girls move with him, Carter thinks about telling the blonde where to find Jake who her eyes followed all the way out with a smile. It'd be inappropriate for the moment.

Quickly he scans the personal information listed on each of the girls AROs. Calculations begin forming.
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:38:30; Max Club, North 30th Street, Tacoma District

The bio's for each of the girls provide physical measurements, food and drink preferences and descriptive information about their carnal appetites. Amazingly enough, their preferences line up to the profile on Carter's com.

Four of the bruisers sitting at the table get up and head towards the back while the man who was barking sits down with the remaining two. Another petite woman with auburn hair silently brings him a drink before sitting by meekly.

The two women with Carter arm each moving to an arm. The blond says seductively, "What's your fancy this evening sugar?"
BishopMcQ
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 23:38:30; Max Club, North 30th Street, Tacoma District

"How do you ladies feel about breath play? There is something exquisite about watching the light fade from a woman's eyes."

Turning to address the blonde more directly,

"I can teach you how. I'll even guide your hands, then we can have our fun while she recovers. Of course, it'd be her turn afterwards."

Shifting closer to the nubian,

"Surely there's been a time or two where you wanted to strangle her."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012