Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Trigger
19:07; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Tigger looked at the large troll who had just taken a seat next to him as if he were crazy. Then his eye caught a glimpse of AK 97 and the combat axe and he decided that the bloody troll could sit wherever he pleased.

Then the troll offered him a drink...Something ain't right about this....maybe he is Spencer and maybe he ain't but I ain't going to make no mistakes with this one....

Tigger leaned back on his stool a little, feinting readjusting his seat to get better grip under his feet, and answered the hulking troll with a simple, "A Rum & Cola," and a friendly smile.
gobogen
19:08; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Rex saw that the kid was smiling at him and looking all innocent. What's with the strange moves and Betty's warning about him being quick on his feet. Was he getting ready to jump at his throat right now, or just get the hell out of the bar? Rex couldn't tell but he sure didn't like the uncertainty he felt when interacting with this guy.

Wonder what this guy wants with Spencer. I need to find out if he's a threat or not, but how can I do this without bringing attention on me... For now everything seems to be going all right, but a kid who has something to prove probably means no good. And is this a human or an ork anyway?

Rex had unanswered questions and no time to think. He had to follow his gut and he was good at that. For now he'd just start with small talk, but he'd quickly bring the conversation towards the package.

"Hey kid, I'm an old timer around here and I've never seen you around. I don't like new faces but I can make an exception for you. Name's Rex. What's your name and what brings you here tonight?" And Rex extands a friendly hand towards him.
Trigger
19:08; Mall Office, Crime Mall

He is quick on the kill, bringing the conversation into friendly territory as quick as possible...probably wants to gleen something from me, hence the free drink and all....well I'll bite for now.

Tigger recieves the troll's hand and gives it a quick but friendly shake and then he takes a small sip from his drink before answering, "I'm Tigger, nice to meet you Rex. I have been around the Mall a time or two before, ain't caused no trouble yet so you don't gotta be worrying about me. I am just a courier, delivering whats needs to be delivered to the people that need it. I am just here on business, ya know?" Tigger laid on the slightly naive child bit, trying to come off as less experienced than he actually is to the towering Troll.
Redjack
Rex & Tigger: 19:07; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Smokey Joe serves up the drinks and starts you a tab in AR. (( 10 nuyen.gif )) He then moves back to other customers.
gobogen
19:09; Mall Office, Crime Mall

"Nice to meet ya, Tigger. Rex takes a quick sip from his bright yellow drink. "Thanks Joe, very good."

Even though he seems quite laid back, Rex is actually trying to figure out what's up with this guy, thinking fast. "Yah know kid, you do look like a courrier to me, I buy that. Means you prolly got something special in that package of yours. I won't ask what's in it, but I have a good reason to believe that I can help you regarding who you have to give it to. We're all here on business ya know."

If he's a threat he'll move now. If he's safe, he'll probably just inquire. This is the moment of truth. Adrenaline is pumping into his veins, his eyes following every movement of the man sitting next to him.
Trigger

Keep it cool boyo, no reason to panic....he could be Spencer for all I know...stay calm...

Tigger takes another sip of his drink as he quickly reviews the layout of the bar in his head, planning for any trouble. After a second he sets the cup back down and answers Rex with a smile, "I should look like a bloody courier, been doing it for years. And I couldn't answer you even if I wanted to, I don't know what is in the bag, I don't ask questions like that, I'm just a transporter ya know. I gotsta deliver this bag to a coyote named Spencer, I was told to meet him here."

Tigger watches very closely for any hostile sign for the troll sitting next to him, ready to slide backwards into snake style and then either fight the troll, something he really didn't feel up for, or make a mad dash out of the bar to get better positioning and get the frag away. That combat axe doesn't look very appeasing right now.
HeySparky
Saturday March 1, 2070; 19:13; Inside the Van
Grayson; PAN = passive; SIN = Greer Wayne Jaspers

Grit pecks at the windshield as the two runners make their way to the Mall. Grayson scratches at the stubble just in front of his ear, a mannerism of his own, not Greer's. Wonder if Kilroy knew I'd be hard-up enough by now that I'd head to the Mall at the first chance? Probably just a coincidence. He snorts quietly.

At Jake's text, he shifts in his seat and adjusts his freshly wiped-down respirator. He cuts his eyes over at Jake and back. Grayson didn't like discussing about Kilroy by name, even abbreviated.

<[GWJaspers] My only instructions were to meet you. Guess we'll hear more soon.>

He checks the van's progress toward Puyallup on the AR display on his contacts. He dials in their current location manually because he'd got the security protocols on his comm tuned to not allow his 'link to automatically push his physical location to the Matrix. While running in passive mode, at least.
kvasac
Saturday March 1, 2070; 19:13; Inside the Van, en route to Crime Mall

Jake keeps quiet for the rest of the trip loading up old 'Speed' song to play in the background.
Once they arrive he will wait for Grayson to disembark before taking several packs of wet tissues and new can of anti sept spray with him, leaving his microfly drones to hover around vehicle and keep watch and one of the dobermans on the stanby.
Storm
Whisper: 19:13; 1st Floor Food Court, Crime Mall

"Nope. Kilroy hasn't set me up with anything yet. Kinda makin me nervous though. I don't wanna rush things but I wanna make sure he hasn't forgotten about me." Whisper straightens up and begins to eat her food. "So, any goods rumors going around?" She asks as she takes another visual sweep of the Food Court.
gobogen

Rex stares at the kid for a good five seconds. The tension is very high and he feels the electricity in the air. Suddently the big troll bursts into laughter loudly.

"You had me worried for a moment there, chummer. And you thought I was going to fight you, huh? Hahaha."

Rex takes a sip before explaining himself. See I'm working for the man you're looking for and I was just told that you were asking about him all over the place. Fortunately, your story holds and I believe you. I'll keep an eye on you but it's nothing to worry about chum, I won't cut off your legs tonight."

The troll is visibly amused about the confusion that took place. Rex feels more at ease now, but he's still not too sure about the true intentions of this kid. Hopefully he didn't get fooled, and the ork is actually here for the reason claimed.
Redjack
Jake & Grayson; 19:35; East Parking Lot, Crime Mall

Following the gang markers you parking the van and slot them the parking fee (( 50 nuyen.gif )) before entering the mall. A pair of orks are taking over for a troll and she is verbally thrashing them for being late.

Welcome to the Crime Mall.
kvasac
Saturday March 1, 2070; 19:40; Crime Mall

Jake makes his way through the crowd in the Mall and straight to office. He tries not to touch anything or anyone along the way. He quickens his pace as he feel dirt and bacteria sticking on to him..

Redjack
Jake & Grayson; 19:40; First Floor, Crime Mall

Somedays Kilroy can be a pain. When he wants to find you, he always seems to find you. When you want him, you seem to have to wait. Today is no exception.
[ Spoiler ]

Luckily, its early enough in the evening that while there are quite a few people here, it is not packed. Just the need to dodge an occational sneeze, avoid being rubbed by a passing ganger who looks like he hasn't bathed yet this year... not to mention the dirt on the floors or the contaminants in the air..
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 19:06; Mall Office, Crime Mall
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

"Vodka lemon ice, please. And one of those sandwiches."

Leaning back in her chair, Aeryn began to relax. Looking around she could not help but spot the rather big troll running around with a whole arsenal of weapons. Hope that one isn't going to start any trouble... she thinks, but then shrugs it off, realizing, that she has seen the troll a few times before. Weapons also were a rather common sight in here, and so far the organisation has been able to keep the fighting to a minimum. There probably wasn't anything to worry about.

As her drink arrives, the elf takes only a small sip and then waits for the meal.
Syndicate_killer
Saturday March 1, 2070 19:ish
Crime Mall parking

DJ falls into line behind a few vehicles as they jockey for a position in. Making his way in by inches as the Lifters check everyone in at the toll until it's DJ'S turn. DJ looks at the ork with an impassive face..the best he can put on anyways. The ork checks him out, colors and all...normally a terrible offense to flash your colors on anothers turf but, two things are paramount here....the Lifters are here to make yen and, oh yeah the Ancients claim all of the metroplex as their own in one fashion or the other.
Redjack
Death Jester: 19:12; Bike Parking entrance, Crime Mall

After parking your bike and heading towards the entrance to the Mall, the pair of IBMs (( Italian Business Men - aka mafia soldiers )) watching the entrance from the bike parking area perk up as you approach. One of them speaks up, bursting your bubble about the respect your colors bring, "Yo zipperhead! Loose the colors!"
Trigger
19:20; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Tigger nearly freaked out when the large troll burst into laughter but he joined after figuring out what was happening. The troll was here for the same guy as him, so there were no problems....that made things much more relaxing. After settling back down he offered to buy Rex another drink and started up some real conversation with the bodyguard, talking about former jobs and runs, fights with gangers and having to jump from a fourth story balcony when the husband of his lady for the night came home to find him there in their bed. As long as they were waiting why not make a time of it?
gobogen
19:25; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Rex is glad the ork isn't here for trouble. He relaxes and enjoys the small talk a bit, giving stories about clubbers he'd seen trying to get passed him with little success, even on busy nights.

The two of them were having a decent time after all, but.. where was Spencer? Time was passing by and still no sign of him. That was a bit odd, he thought, so he sent a text message to Kilroy to find out more. After all, Kilroy always knows where everyone is, it seems.

<[Rex]Kilroy, Spencer still hasn't shown up. Any clue on where he is?>
Redjack
Saturday, March 1st, 2070, 20:00

Tigger & Rex
Awaiting Kilroy's reply, you loose yourselves in trading vague references to former runs, providing details only when required to paint the picture of heroism, humor or karma. The two guys sitting on either side of you join in as well, adding their experiences to the mix. For a while it almost feels like Cheers, then the coms blink with a message, the content of which is not quite expected....

Rex
<[Kilroy] Rex - Change of plans and pay is going up for the evening. Check in with Smokey Joe and tell him Kilroy sent you.>

Tigger
<[Kilroy] Tigger - Word is you've a delivery for Spencer? I don't think you can complete that delivery until a prequisite is met first. If you're interested in a little work that will complete that prerequisite, tell Smokey Joe that Kilroy sent you.>

Whisper
The next forty-five minutes pass sitting with Thain watching the crowds. He finishes the food you shy away from, "No sense letting it go to waste", your thoughts being, Way too late for that... You entrertain yourself with small talk while Thain remarks about the various people passing by.

Then your com blinks...
<[Kilroy]Whisper - Got a run I need some magic support on. How soon can you be at the Mall Office, second floor of the Crime Mall?>

Jake & Grayson
You'd been at the Mall Office for about ten minutes when Kilroy's message arrived. A good swabbing from the pack of wet wipes Jake carries and the table is suitable for a short sitting.
You same message hits both your coms:
<[Kilroy] Got a run lined out, though not the one I thought. Think I'm gonna have to pull in a second team tonight... Talk to Smokey Joe. He's suddenly become the Johnson of the evening....>
gobogen

<[Rex]Got it boss.>

This hour at the bar was fun and all, but there was no more time to waste now.

"Joe, I just received a message that tells me you might need me for something?"
kvasac
Saturday March 1, 2070 ; 20:00; First Floor, Crime Mall

Jake looks around trying to allocate bartender and get his attention. Subtly. Carefully.
Not that he had any enemies-at least to the point of his life that he remebers, but he has learned tha value of keeping to oneself as much as possible. He saw on more than several occasions some poor sod getting snikted just because of what he said and/or did, however naive it seemed.
Storm
Saturday, March 1st, 2070, 20:01

<Not long - 10-15 min. max. Be there soon.>
"Well, thanks for bringing me out here. I just got a buzz from Kilroy and it looks like I might have some business to take care of. Take care, chummer, and maybe I'll catch ya later." She finishes her goodbyes with Thain, gives him a hug, then starts heading towards the 2nd floor of the Crime Mall.

On her way, she veers off course to make a quick stop at the women's restroom. She finds and empty stall and attempts to cast physical mask.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 1, 2070 - 19:06:01 - Crime Mall

Cynic smiled at the working girl and chuckled gently to take any sting out of his words.

"Business? I'm not looking to conclude any business with you this evening chica I was just passin time and enjoying the scenery." He said with a leer at her two most obvious charms.

"Don't get offended or nothin, figured you could use the drink I could use the company while I was waitin for my other business to pop. Some other time perhaps."

The young mage smiled again and rose, taking his beer and heading for the exit.
HeySparky
Grayson; PAN = hidden; SIN = hidden (Greer Wayne Jaspers)

AR beacons guide the quiet pair to tonight's lot. An old Sears. Whatever that was. Grayson fiddles with the watch on his wrist, it's a cheap comm knock-off - doesn't even work - but Grayson maintains the illusion of its function by habit. The real comm, a stock (but very nice) unit sits snugged in a lightly armored case against his inner left bicep. The net result of the fiddling is that he is 'offline' as much as anyone ever is, and he's readied nuyen.gif 25 for transfer. He finishes fiddling with the comm and then fishes a credstick out of an inner jacket pocket, gives it an anti-sept spritz, wipes it down and offers the credstick to Jake, <[GWJaspers(hidden)] My half of the parking.>

The two enter the Mall under the eyes of the Lifters and other security personnel, including some chastened orks. Grayson switches on the sensors of the stowed crawler drone in his satchel, routing the feed to the glasses he now wears. He runs interference for Jake, trying to keep the bulk of brushes with the mall denizens away from the fastidious rigger. By silent agreement they head straight for The Office.

The bar was its usual smoky, grimy self. In the back, a bus boy is still taking down chairs and wiping down tables with a questionably clean rag. Grayson pointedly doesn't look at Jake and scans the bar, letting the drone feed him information about the patrons nearby. At the bar, sitting next to a fit-looking kid with a rucksack on his back, is Rex. A troll he'd worked with before. With Jake, no less. Looks like Kilroy's assembling some regulars. He messages Jake, <[GWJaspers(hidden)] Look who's here. At the bar. Rex.>

Grayson decides not to get Rex's attention just now since the troll didn't know him as Greer. Knowing Kilroy and the fixer's deft handling of seeming coincidence, they'd probably be chatting soon enough as it was. They'd been sitting at their table for only a few moments, not even long enough to have put in any orders - though Grayson wasn't hungry and Jake probably brought his own food - when Kilroy's message comes in. Grayson looks at Jake, shared knowledge flickering between them. Jake turns, trying to get Smokey Joe's attention when Rex pipes up... seems Kilroy messaged him too. And awaaay we go.
kvasac
Jake; PAN = passive; SIN = Jake

Jake looks in Rex's direction. Not a very subtle fellow.
[Jake: He is there for the same reason we are, that is obvious. Lets assemble and see what Joe has for us.]
He didn't know much about troll..actually he didn't try to know much about him-his ilk was supposedly savage and filthy, and take too much precious space in his van, touching the walls and ceiling, leaving all kind of stuff with their greasy fingers and hair.
Jake shivered.
He just hoped he brought enough antisept cans. Enviroseals on van were good, but they were of little use if someone actually brought in all the dirt from the outside.
Making sure that his mask is fit and applying another layer of antisept on himself, Jake made his way towards Rex.
[Jake: Hello Rex. Here on 'roys call?]
Storm
Saturday March 1, 2070 ; 20:05; 2nd floor, Crime Mall, Womens' Restroom

After a second try the spell performed to a better level of satisfaction. Whisper took a moment to take a deep breath before finishing the mask, per-se. She straightened up, changing her whole demeanor, and took on the aura of a very self-assured street kid. Too bad I didn't bring some gum. Could've added a whole bonus point to this one..

Opening the stall door, she walks out and examines her appearance in the mirror. Not bad. Sharper facial features that what she had were sided by strands of straight blonde hair tipped red. She wore a tight, navy colored long-sleeve shirt on her average but a little bit taller body. Replacing her jeans were some black cargo pants and, of course, tennis shoes! And, just for kicks, a little abstract tattoo on the left side of her neck. Yes, she was all set to go.

Whisper leaves the bathroom and proceeds to walk to where Kilroy had told her to be.
Redjack
Rex & Tigger: Saturday, March 1st, 2070, 20:00
Smokey Joe walks over at Rex's summons, "Kilroy sent ya?" He then gestures towards one of the doors to the back, "Head in there. I'll send in the rest of the team as they arrive."

A few stress lines have appeared on his face since just an hour before and he is now very solumn as he interacts with you.
gobogen

Rex excuses himself from his conversation with Tigger. As he stands up, everyone notices once more just how freagin' enormous a troll can really be. Rex notices Jake, a runner he's worked with before, and he receives the text message. He doesn't recognize the other runner who is with Jake, although there is a vague sense of deja vu about him.

<[Rex]Hello Jake. Yeah I'm on Kilroy's call tonight. Guess you are too, huh? See you in a few.>

Rex finds the largest chair in the room that Joe had pointed to and sits down as confortably as he can.
Syndicate_killer
Saturday, March 1st
Crime Mall

DJ slips off the jacket smiling. "Just trying to make sure you chummers stay on your toes." DJ struts by removing his gloves so that the Ancients symbol tattooed on his right shows as he walks by."Hey..you got a spot of pasta sause on your suit." DJ continues the walk towards the main shopping area, while opening his PAN to the spotty Mall system looking for anything he can use.

Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 19:13; Mall Office, Crime Mall
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

When her meal arrives, the waitress informs Aeryn about the price, which the elf promptly pays through her commlink, including a small tip.

"That's not too bad," Aeryn remarks, after having tasted the sandwich. "No really, it's great."

As good as they get down here, anyways...
kvasac

Jake looks at the bartender.
"Kilroy sends me too." he whispers through his mask in a flat voice.
"How many of us are expected?"
gobogen
Rex; PAN = passive; SIN = Colin "Rex" Woods

On his way, Rex stops to answer Jake, using subvocal retransmission to his PAN. <[Rex]I expect a couple more, it sounded like something serious and unexpected is going on tonight. I just spoke to Smokey Joe, I think he's the one who will give us the job.>
Trigger
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:02; Mall Office, Crime Mall
Tigger; PAN=Passive [LTG]; SIN=David Belle

Tigger sits back and watches as a few others, including Rex file into the back room. Just how many people is Kilroy pulling in tonight? And why am I part of it. I was just supposed to be delivering a package, not getting in on a run tonight. Frag!!.....Guess I gotta do this if I am going to get paid at all tonight...

Tigger stands up from his stool and nods to Joe as he sends a quick text the proprietor's way as well. <[Tigger] Kilroy tagged me as well, I already know where I need to go, just didn't want to make as big a scene as Rex over there.>

He moves as quickly and as unobtrusively as he can to the back room, sliding into an taking a seat to wait with the others.
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:02; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Jake follows rest of the runner, taking out another pack of wet tissues and making sure he thoroughly cleans the chair and part of table he is sitting at and then sprays it carefully before he sits.
To all:
[Jake:Perhaps we should get started and fill in the others along the way or through the Matrix. No need to stay in the Mall more than we have to.]
He then switches to his drones, his conscinues sliding into their circuitry, calculative, sterile feeling he gets whenever he rides them making him forget the unclean place he is in, inspecting the van and if anybody is doing anything suspicious around.
First he drifts into one of his flys and then in one of dobermans, checking system readiness and runing short diagnostics.
He keeps watch for response of others too.
Redjack
Saturday March 1, 2070; 20:05; Crime Mall
Cynic
She smiles and you move for an exit and reaches out for your arm to hold you for just a second more, "Thanks for the drinks and the party favor." She places a data chip in your hand, "Name's Angel. Call me when you have more time." She releases your arm with a smile and you head on into the crowd, a datachip in your hand with her LTG.

Wandering the Mall you inspect all the telesma and foci for sale, everything on the first floor being fake. Making your way to the second floor, you find some actual items. All very expensive and under heavy guard. Next thing you, a text has arrived:
<[Kilroy] I got a run shaping up tonight. Looking for some magic support, you still looking for work?>

DJ
"What the-?" The IBM glares as you head off, but he lets it pass. The family is no more in charge here than the gangs. Very few are willing to let anything go beyond words in the Mall.

The Mall is beginning to wind up and that means people moving around. You pass a few gangers you are sure are from Tarislar. There is a little tension as you pass, but nothing more. They're not looking to start anything either. The girls are strutting too, not just the working girls but the ganger girls, the wannabes and the ones out slumming for the evening.

You've barely begin to mix for the evening when you com buzzes letting you know there's a text and not one from the party crew, rather one from a recipient you've flagged priority.

<[Kilroy] DJ - Got a run shaping up. Interested to hear more?>

Buzz
Frustration and aggrevation continue to mount, you've stomped around the Mall for better than an hour, What's it take?! Finally, a text:
<[Kilroy] Buzz - A run is coming together. Head up to the Mall and ask for Ms Johnson.>

Aeryn
Nursing the sandwhich and drink as long as it reasonable as you wait for someting to shape up, you saw the gathering a few minutes ago as the a run was shaping up. The troll and other members of the crew unmistakable as they headed to the back room.

You're about to move on and start shaking the trees when the text arrives:
<[Kilroy]Aeryn - Looking for a driver for a run tonight, you available?>
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:06; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Without the need to reach for her commlink, Aeryn puts together the words for her reply through the DNI granted by her datajack.

< [Aeryn] I do have a potential offer, but nothing fixed yet. You came first, and you are more polite as well, so I'm in, as long as things are reasonable, of course. Where to? And when do we start, if things go as planned? If time is of the essence, I better get the car now. Or will the client provide one? >
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:05; Mall Office, Crime Mall
Rex, Jake, Greer (Grayson) Tigger & Whisper

The room is a bland sort of a room, but in good repair. It is about 4 meters long and 3.5 meters wide. An old, but servicable table surrounded by folding chairs (including two troll sized) sits in the middle of the room, a white noise generator sitting in the middle of the table. A pitcher of water and half a dozen plastic cups are the only other thing on the table.

After a few minutes, Smokey Joe enters with a street kid. Smokey Joe is a middle aged, stocky human male with salt and pepper hair. He is wearing blue jeans, a non-descript t-shirt, an armored vest and an bartender's apron. Hanging from his right hip is an Ares Predator III in a well worn leather holster.

He motions for any standing team members to sit before sitting himself, then begins. "I have a missing person I need located. Retainer is 500 nuyen.gif each and another 1,500 nuyen.gif per if you find out where he is or what happened to him. If he's dead, I'll pay another 2,000 nuyen.gif each for the head of his killer. If the terms are acceptable and we have an agreement, I will provide additional details." He looks around the room for acceptance to the terms...
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 1, 2070 20:06:00 - Second Floor Crime Mall

Cynic blinked at the text message in vision and smiled, immediately sending out his response.

You bet hoss, tell me when and where.
Storm
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:05; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Whisper follows Smokey Joe into the room. Whisper is a human female; a bit taller than average and looks about 17 or so. She's wearing a tight navy blue top and black cargo pants; no visible weapons. On the left side of her neck is a fairly small abstract/symbolic tattoo, though, it's mostly covered by shoulder length blonde hair that's been tipped red.

She goes ahead and takes a seat as Smokey Joe motions for everyone to do so. Her eyes sweep across all in the room before laying fixed on a random spot on the table as Smokey Joe tells them the basic job description. Hmm.. Seems a bit cheap, especially for wet work. Damn, wish I had more experience with the going rates. Should've asked Thain. She tried to think of questions but none of them seemed the kind that could be answered without accepting the job.

"Ok, I'm in." Whisper replies coolly. Though accepting right away seemed a naive thing to do in her mind, she'd learn the ropes soon enough.
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:07; Mall Office, Crime Mall

[Jake:The price seems reasonable for the snoop. Snikting someone..that is another story.] Jake sends the message to other runners casting a nervous glance. They are too long in here. He could feel bacteria burrowing on exposed parts of his skin.
[Not that I know much about haggling a run.]
He didn't like the killing part. If you are a runner, occasional violence is a common thing, but he tried to make it a bit more uncommon, even if all he did was stay in safe confines of his van aiming remotely at victims with assault weapons installed on his drones. Though he could look at it as FPS AR game he didn't like any of it. Violence tends to lead to blood and open wounds, and these were a big neon signs for filth and disease and gangrene.
He waited for others to voice their opinions about the job before he made his.
He needed this money for the rent and expenses, but if he could have more out of it that would be great. Hell, wetwork should be payed well. It is his neck and skin on the line. especially if it involved snikting Big Fish in the end.
Syndicate_killer
Saturday March 1st 20:05
Crime Mall

DJ recovers his 'link quickly and begins to text in with nimble fingers.
<I'm in Kilroy. When and where to meet?>...Finally something is coming together DJ struts around with a little more attitude.....things are looking up
HeySparky
Saturday March 1, 2070 ; 20:05; Back room of The Office, Crime Mall
Grayson; PAN = hidden (skinlink, LTG); SIN = hidden (Greer Wayne Jaspers)

When Rex stands up from the bar, Greer flinches back a step, lips tightening, blue eyes flashing as they dart from axe, to gun, to fists-the-size-of-a-human-head and back around. Greer is racist. Grayson finds the role-play distasteful, but not nearly so distasteful as when Greer's responses so seamlessly overlay his own. Like flinching away from a mother-loving-ginormous troll. Grayson chivvies himself. Rex is a standup guy. At least, on that one job he was. He smiles mentally as the weak counter-racist defense, 'Some of my best friends are trolls,' bubbles up into his head.

He begins to compose a message to Rex, but stops. Greer's identity would be much more useful uncompromised. He'd be lucky if Jake didn't blow his cover. That reminds me... he instead composes a message to Jake.

<[GWJaspers(hidden)] Don't forget - no one here knows that I'm anyone but Greer, not even Rex . If you blow this ID, I'll take a crap in the van.>

He quickly adds, <[GWJaspers(hidden)]Kidding.>

And then, <[GWJaspers(hidden)]Maybe...>

False identities were expensive, and while Grayson had an in with a forger, he didn't have the cred to pay rent next month, let alone finance the various costs associated with scamming enough information to put together a credible identity.

He trails along into the room with the others, duffel bag on his shoulder. He picks a a chair next to Jake and sits, standing the duffel bag on end between his knees. He leans back, hands in his lap, sizing folks up with pale blue eyes. Greer is a middling to tall human with dirty-blond hair that sticks out unattractively from under a grubby orange knit cap. He wears a tattered military surplus jacket over street clothes that aren't anthing special. Workboots and gloves complete the outfit. He's wearing a pair of AR glasses, whose lenses are currently transparent for indoor use.

When Smokey Joe enters Grayson turns his attention from the others in the room to Smokey Joe and the runt he's got with him. He's still squinting suspiciously at the kid when he says in Greer's raspy, gravel-voice, "Wetwork," his squinting gaze travels up to Smokey Joe, "Heavy. What do we get if we make the slitch wish he were dead?" He smiles, but the smile doesn't reach his eyes.
Trigger
Staurday March 1st 2070 - 20:07 - Mall Office, Crime Mall
PAN = Passive [LTG, NanoTrodes] SIN = David Belle

Tigger leans back in his seat at Smokey Joe's offer, letting his wild orange red locks fall in front of his eyes. His small ork frame fit the human sized chair like it was built for it, and his tiny tusks only rarely showed above his lower lip. His skin was a darker pigment than that of the usual inhabitant of the Underground, looking almost tanned, which was a rarity in Seattle either way, unless you had the nuyen for a tanning booth. Up and down his arms were black stripe tattoos, looking like tiger stripes, and they were mimiced by one on each of his cheeks and a set of nanopaste stripes at his temples. Tigger was wearing hs usual gear of Urban Explorer running pants, a modified UE shirt that has been converted to a tank top, climbing/running shoes, climbing styled AR gloves, and his messenger bag sitting next to him. He also had an Alice military pack with him, kept close to him at all times.

Frag frag double frag, wetwork?! I got pulled into doing wetwork? I am just a courier from the Underground, why the drek would Kilroy set me up for something like this. This ain't cool, no no no no no it ain't. But I can't get out now...that Rex fella would probably take my skull for the insult and not to menion the other runners in this room....FRAG....I just gotta play it cool...gotta stick through this drek...gotta deliver this package to Spencer...that's all I want to do, deliver the package to Spencer. Now I gotta do some wetwork....frag...

Tigger looked back up at Smokey Joe after a moment of internal yelling and debate and nodded his head in approval to the offer.
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:07; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Smokey Joe lets his words sink in and he looks around the room.. and he reads the faces. He gets agreement from Whisper, a nod from Tigger and a question from Greer. He looks to Greer and replies, "My number one conern is that you find my- the missing person." He looks around the room slowly, once more. "Perhaps, I was a bit premature to assume the worst. This is a nasty business we find ourselves in, working the shadows. I would prefer that you find him alive, however if not, I want satisfaction. If he is in fact dead, I don't want his killer to breath one more breath. If he is dead... then its personal."

Smokey Joe's eyes are a bit glazed and his fingers pressed against the table. He hardens his eyes and steels his face as he awaits agreement Greer, Jake ad Rex.
gobogen
Staurday March 1st 2070 - 20:07 - Mall Office, Crime Mall

Rex is a very imposing figure. Except for when the ceilings won't allow it, Rex likes to stand up straight and tower over all others. He is tall for a troll and has a muscular build, with broad shoulders. He doesn't have very prominent tusks, and his horns are short, thick and slightly spiralled; his skin a light brown. You see that there is gel in his short black hair and he is well dressed (a simple business suit) under a large armor jacket. He openly bears arms tonight, a huge combat axe and a AK-97 SMG, which does nothing to reduce his dominating presence in the room.

Considering what Jake said and still mostly speaking for himself, "This job sounds like something we can do, but I feel that the pay should be higher if we are to actually end someone tonight, murderer or not. You can count on me depending who the killer turns out to be - if there was indeed murder - but I won't do the assassination unless I'm paid at least 5 grands for it. Wetwork is expansive and I will refuse to do it if the pay doesn't justify it."
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:08; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Smokey Joe turns to Rex as he speaks, listening to each word... absorbing each word. Having said more than he meant to already, Joe now remains silent, waiting for Jake and Greer to speak their thoughts or to agree.
Redjack
Saturday March 1, 2070

Cynic: 20:08; Second Floor Crime Mall
<[Kilroy] Head on over to the Mall office and ask for Ms Johnson.>

Aeryn: 20:08; Mall Office; Crime Mall
<[Kilroy] Go to the bar and talk tell Stumpy you are there to see Ms Johnson.>

DJ: 20:08; Crime Mall
<[Kilroy] Head on over to the Mall office and ask for Ms Johnson. Don't try to pick her up, though. I don't think you'd be down with her idea of a a party.. rotfl.gif >
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:09; Mall Office, Crime Mall

< [Aeryn] Ok. >

Since Aeryn was sitting in the general vincinity of the bar already, she took the opportunity to wait and see who was going for the bar now.
kvasac
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:09; Mall Office, Crime Mall

Jake adjust surgical mask that covers half of his face. There isn't much to be seen of the man. Pale skinned and frail bodies, he is shrouded in thick layers of protective wear that makes him look very disproportional, constantly sprinking anti-sept spray over what little skin he has exposed. His hands look abnormaly large, gloves over his hands containing several layers of filter materials.
No weapon can be seen on Jake, but then, one could never tell what lays hidden beneath all those layers of clothes. One could say that he is somekind of minituarised troll if he would look at Jake from the distance.
After Rex speaks up, Jake finally casts his voice, speaking out, which he does on rare occasions preferring to communicate via PAN.
"I agree with Rex. If the snikt proves to be exceptionally difficult, some kind of bonus should be included. Otherwise, I am good."
He than takes his time to answer Greer.
[Jake:You do realise that in that case vans automated antiviral defenses will mark you as a biohazard and will act on removing you?]
He quickly adds, [Jake:Kidding.]
And then, [Jake:Maybe...]

HeySparky
Saturday March 1, 2070 ; 20:09; Back room of The Office, Crime Mall
Grayson; PAN = hidden (skinlink, LTG); SIN = hidden (Greer Wayne Jaspers)

"We can negotiate wetwork if it comes to that." He drums his fingers in his lap. "Sounds good. Per diem? Accomodations? Timeframe?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012