Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Citizenship
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WhiskeyMac
So the BBB mentions that dual citizenship does happen with a SIN, although rare. What I was wondering is if a character was willing to subjegate himself to such a penalty, should they be allowed to take the SINner quality at 10 BP, suffering only the standard 5 BP rules, but in 2 jurisdictions (i.e. UCAS/Ares)?

I don't have a problem with it since they are limiting themselves in the way of mobility, but I just wanted to know how others on this board felt about it. Thanks.
FriendoftheDork
I don't think it's a good idea. Getting more than one identity is not bad ( even though they are more or less identical). Thus I don't think it's near as bad as a criminal SIN, as all governments and corps can track that one SIN anyhow, it doesen't make it easier to track two.
Jack Kain
I agree with FriendoftheDork,
Nothing much to say, except that a really cleaver player can make the SIN negative quality an advantage.
TheOOB
Thats why SINner is only worth 5 BP, most 5 BP negative qualities pose very little hinderance to the player.
azrael_ven
I am going to have to agree with everyone else here. In fact he would still have the same SIN, it would just be registered with multiple entities.
fool
Nothing much to say, except that a really cleaver player can make the SIN negative quality an advantage.

I actually had a layer who took this quality and then got rather upset that he could turn it to an advantage not because he didn't like the advantage but because it reduced teh suspension of disbelief.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012