Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elementals - Noob Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mystweaver
Just a quickie... though a bit of a noob question... even though I have been playing 3rd ed SR for years, its been a LONG time since I have played a mage and conjured elementals. Soo... my question:

If I conjure a force 8 elemental and I have Conjuring 6, Willpower 6 and Charisma 5 do I take 4S or 8S drain - also is the drain physical or stun?

Thanks,

Myst
Kagetenshi
No one can answer the last part of your question, because you've left off your Magic rating. You take 8S, since Power = Force and the elemental's Force is greater than your Charisma but less than 1.5 of it.

~J
Mystweaver
ops. Magic rating 6

As for power i was not sure if you half the power like you do with spells (seemed a bit silly if you did though)
Kagetenshi
It's going to be Physical. You might want to just review the Conjuring section, it's pretty short and will clear up these sorts of questions.

~J
Mystweaver
I did a little but with a brief review I couldnt spot about whether it was physical or stun (as the specifies only Stun).

Thanks for the quick replies though grinbig.gif
Kagetenshi
Spirits follow the rule (Force > Magic) <-> Physical Drain, similar to other drain codes (though with spells it's only (Force > Magic) -> Physical Drain). This is spelled out, IIRC, on the page right after the table giving the drain damage level.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012