Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unexplained Genetic Expression
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zolhex
Just sitting here and got bored and I had one of those annoying thoughts hit me.

Metas can be born human then later change.

I was woundering what if 2 people before they goblinized had a kid then when they goblinized one turned into an elf and one turned into a troll would the kid if s/he were to goblinize later be a half breed?

Yes I am looking for peoples thoughts on a half elf half troll but something along the lines of blade all the good stuff and more ofless none of the bad.
Fastball
RAW is very clear that there are no such thing as half-breeds.

Also, humans that goblinize in 2070 are probably about as rare as albinos. Almost all orks and trolls are born that way, and humans never goblinize into Elves. All elves (and dwarves) were born as elves or dwarves.

Finally, and most importantly, the GM can make any house rule desired.
Anymage
Folks can never goblinize into elves or dwarfs. You're either born that way or you're not. And it's extraordinarily rare for a baby of one race to be born to parents of another in the 70's.

Goblinization into other races (or for that matter, "throwback" babies being born to orcs or trolls) is similarly rare, although some old metaplot made them temporarily more common a few years back. Regardless, it's been said repeatedly that "biracial" children overwhelmingly tend towards one of their parents races, with a vanishingly small number expressing as one of the other races. Presumably they'd have a chance of their offspring expressing the other parent's metatype, and you could certainly arrange their stats to imply a hint of their other half, but for all intents and purposes - and this includes game rules - they're just one or the other. No vast collection of silly in-betweens.
nathanross
QUOTE (Casazil @ Posted on Apr 3 2007, 11:00 PM)
Yes I am looking for peoples thoughts on a half elf half troll but something along the lines of blade all the good stuff and more ofless none of the bad.

Dude, Im loving your thinking, an elf with troll body and quick reflexes. Nice.... cool.gif

Seriously though, Ive never really liked the explaination of the metagene, since it relates to mana levels and a whole bunch of other bullshit (read SOTA: 2063). Also, if magic is what enables the UGE, then why the hell do immortal elves stay immortal even when human, and how can dragons survive physically when mana disappears? Afterall they are virtually magical vessels like spirits.

Anyways, just bribe your GM, or better yet, bethe GM.
nathanross
Oh yeah, and another thing:
QUOTE (Anymage @ Posted on Apr 3 2007, 11:12 PM)
Folks can never goblinize into elves or dwarfs. You're either born that way or you're not.

You are forgetting the "Spikers", the elves and maybe some dwarves thrown in there (can only think of Dodger off hand) that became elves and dwarves as soon as the ambient mana got to a certain point. Not exactly like Goblinization, but kinda. As to now though, I agree with you that 99.99% of elves or dwarves only express before birth (got to thow that .01% in for the obvious fluff license FP/WK always allows itself.
Ravor
Although not canon, in my campaigns I've always had the IEs resort to Blood Magic and Places of Power in order to survive throughout the Downcycle...
Demerzel
QUOTE (nathanross)
Oh yeah, and another thing:
QUOTE (Anymage @ Posted on Apr 3 2007, 11:12 PM)
Folks can never goblinize into elves or dwarfs. You're either born that way or you're not.

You are forgetting the "Spikers", the elves and maybe some dwarves thrown in there (can only think of Dodger off hand) that became elves and dwarves as soon as the ambient mana got to a certain point. Not exactly like Goblinization, but kinda. As to now though, I agree with you that 99.99% of elves or dwarves only express before birth (got to thow that .01% in for the obvious fluff license FP/WK always allows itself.

I was under the impression that the spike babies were babies born in spots where the mana had spiked eairly in the cycle. The Dodger was born an Elf.
Zolhex
While the rules may say it is near impossible the thing to remember is this:

Shadowrun is a world of magic and thus things can happen that just don't seem likey or even possible.

Like I said this was just a thought for the simple theory of say a person being born of 2 humans that later became an elf and a troll.

Later in life the child grew up expressed as an elf but with the +5 body +5 strength that trolls get and the +2 agility +3 charisma of an elf.

This was as useall just one of my questions to be looked at in fun and the thought of a big bad good looking I'll beat your ass elf just sounded like so much fun to me. spin.gif wobble.gif twirl.gif
Fastball
QUOTE (Casazil)
Shadowrun is a world of magic and thus things can happen that just don't seem likey or even possible.

Correct. Which is why it is perfectly acceptable as a house rule.

I would recommend throwing the idea into an "epic" level campaign with an astrally projecting mystic adept, a player-controlled free spirit, and Harlequin's son.

The enemy could be a brilliant shaman/technomancer who has invented a ranged weapon usable in astral space.

This is starting to sound like a B level sci-fi movie developed by Amalgamated Studios. That would be an interesting (dual) campaign. The PCs could be method actors starring in a film. You could alternate sessions of real life (in which the characters would attempt to become their characters by going on real runs) with movie scenes (in which they would become unstoppable half elf-trolls).

Also, the idea of a monstrous, green, pointy-eared vegetarian is kind of amusing.
fistandantilus4.0
Spike babies are and always were elves. They were born before the general awakening thanks to Spikes in the mana level that allowed it to happen. Hence "Spike" babies.

And there are still humans born to troll families that do express late/puberty. Weird.
lorechaser
QUOTE (Casazil @ Apr 4 2007, 02:09 AM)
While the rules may say it is near impossible the thing to remember is this:

Like I said this was just a thought for the simple theory of say a person being born of 2 humans that later became an elf and a troll.

Later in life the child grew up expressed as an elf but with the +5 body +5 strength that trolls get and the +2 agility +3 charisma of an elf.

This was as useall just one of my question to be looked at in fun and the thought of a big bag good looking I'll beat your ass elf just sounded like so much fun to me. spin.gif  wobble.gif  twirl.gif

The way to reflect this is to build the elf by buying high bod and str.

I know you're pretty much kidding, but "no only no, but hell no."

As a character concept, it's just fine. Play the elf bruiser, and place the reasons on your troll/elf parentage. That's interesting.

As a rules concept, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Especially given that one of the elf's bonuses is directly counter to one of the troll's weaknesses. Trying to say "Oh, he's half elf. So not only does he not have a lower agi max, he has a bonus!" is just wrong.

Maybe if you spent 200 bp on the metatype.

Maybe.
snowRaven
Trollelf:

Version 1: Troll, Exceptional Charisma. B 7, A 5, R 3, S 7, C 4, I 3, L 2, W 3. Thermographic Vision, Reach +1, Dermal Armor 1. If you want, design a special Quality (-5 points) that removes one natural ability (dermal armor, for instance).

Version 2: Elf, Exceptional Strength, Toughness. B 5, A 5, R 3, S 6, C 3, I 3, L 3, W 3. Lowlight Vision.

Version 3: Pick a race with stats in-between the two(B 3/8, A 1/6, R 1/6, S 3/8, C 2/6, I 1/6, L 1/5, W 1/6.) - an Ork! Give him Exceptional Charisma and Human Looking: (B 4/9, A 1/6, R 1/6, S 3/8, C 1/6, I 1/6, L 1/5, W 1/6) Call him an Elftroll and make people laugh a lot when he says he isn't an ork, but half-elf and half-troll.

In the old germany sourcebook there was reference to genetic freaks like elves with troll arms, trolls with dwarfbeards and such, but there's never been any stats or anything more written about that afaik.
snowRaven
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Spike babies are and always were elves. They were born before the general awakening thanks to Spikes in the mana level that allowed it to happen. Hence "Spike" babies.

And there are still humans born to troll families that do express late/puberty. Weird.

Actually, there's been reference to a dwarf spike baby (though I forget where - AH may know).
lorechaser
Version 3 is awesome. I may well play that character now. smile.gif
Demerzel
QUOTE (snowRaven)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Apr 4 2007, 10:56 AM)

Actually, there's been reference to a dwarf spike baby (though I forget where - AH may know).

I think when he says are and always were elves means that they did not become elves. I don't think he meant to exclude dwarves.
Ancient History
A Spike Baby is any Awakened critter or metahuman that was born before the Awakening. Case in point: century ferrets. Elves are the best-known case, but there have also been (somewhat apocryphally) orks, and at least one troll. Not sure about dwarfs. There's always that one guy from the Secrets of Power Trilogy.
Wraithshadow
This makes me wonder a few things.

1. Those people who gave birth to dwarves or elves- what percentage of them ended up changing to dwarves or elves later on? How about further up the family tree? Might you discover that grandpa suddenly turned out to be an elf, explaining your own pointy ears and vegetarian tendencies?

2. Is this spike change still existant? I.e. if you were to find an area of the world that had a lower than normal level of mana, would people revert? Maybe mystic creatures would find themselves feeling groggy, going into a hibernation mode/wanting to go off to the astral plane?

3. Given that UGE does still exist, what about elves and dwarves being born to humans? What about this happening to non-human parentage? For instance, you have two Trolls, they have a kid, kid ends up being an elf. Can this be explained as 'rare, but happens,' or does the mother have a heck of a lot of explaining to do?
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (Wraithshadow)
1. Those people who gave birth to dwarves or elves- what percentage of them ended up changing to dwarves or elves later on? How about further up the family tree? Might you discover that grandpa suddenly turned out to be an elf, explaining your own pointy ears and vegetarian tendencies?

0% Noone goblinizes into an elf or dwarf, ever.

QUOTE (Wraithshadow)
2. Is this spike change still existant? I.e. if you were to find an area of the world that had a lower than normal level of mana, would people revert? Maybe mystic creatures would find themselves feeling groggy, going into a hibernation mode/wanting to go off to the astral plane?

Spikes can still exist: see SURGE from the comet. But noone reverts, ever.

edit: some paracritters might have issues though - dragons hibernate through the low-mana periods (like the 5th world), a shifter might not be able to change from its natural animal form, etc.

QUOTE (Wraithshadow)
3. Given that UGE does still exist, what about elves and dwarves being born to humans? What about this happening to non-human parentage? For instance, you have two Trolls, they have a kid, kid ends up being an elf. Can this be explained as 'rare, but happens,' or does the mother have a heck of a lot of explaining to do?

Elves and dwarves can still be born to humans, but it's getting more and more rare as the mana level rises - there are fewer people around carrying the metatype that haven't already expressed. Elves can't be born to trolls however - IIRC, even if one parent is a troll and the other is an elf, the child would either be a troll, or a human VERY likely to goblinize into a troll at puberty.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Wraithshadow)
Those people who gave birth to dwarves or elves- what percentage of them ended up changing to dwarves or elves later on?

0% Humans can goblinize into Trolls and Orks. No one ever turns into a Dwarf or an Elf. (Unless you want to count folks who went in for extensive cosmetic surgery.)
if you were to find an area of the world that had a lower than normal level of mana, would people revert?

There's never been any evidence for this in canon. However, it could make for an interesting house rule.
Given that UGE does still exist, what about elves and dwarves being born to humans?

This absolutely still happens.
What about this happening to non-human parentage? For instance, you have two Trolls, they have a kid, kid ends up being an elf. Can this be explained as 'rare, but happens,'

Yes.
Wraithshadow
QUOTE (the_dunner)
0% Humans can goblinize into Trolls and Orks. No one ever turns into a Dwarf or an Elf. (Unless you want to count folks who went in for extensive cosmetic surgery.)

I'm not talking about goblinization, I'm thinking more in terms of spikes and way back when the Awakening began. From what I understand of the above, there were people who spontaneously changed when mana hit a certain level, but the majority of the changes came at birth (regarding elves and dwarves).

My theory is that, if in fact all of this is genetic and linked to magic, then there's a decent chance that elves and dwarves have been effectively 'latent' since the last magic age. People have been born as elves and dwarves for centuries, effectively, but they've been human due to the lack of mana. So, in theory, if you were born as an elf or dwarf, then further back in your family tree you have 'elves' and 'dwarves.'

Thusly, if it is possible for someone to shift in the presence of enough mana (the spike babies, if I understand it) then in theory at least anyone who was born a dwarf or an elf should have people in their family who, if in the right place or time, would have been spike babies.
Ravor
Well its my understanding that even the Spike Babies were born as elves or dwarves, although I could be wrong, but sure, I'd agree with the point that there are genetic lines that could lead to a baby being born as an elf, ect at a lower Mana level then another genetic line, but where I disagree is with the idea that after being born human, 'Grandpa' would then express into an elf.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Wraithshadow)
From what I understand of the above, there were people who spontaneously changed when mana hit a certain level, but the majority of the changes came at birth (regarding elves and dwarves).

Your understanding is incorrect. No one turned into a dwarf or an elf. Spike Babies were so named because they were born as dwarves and elves.
My theory is that, if in fact all of this is genetic and linked to magic, then there's a decent chance that elves and dwarves have been effectively 'latent' since the last magic age.

That's pretty much the standard way that metagenetics are presented.
Thusly, if it is possible for someone to shift in the presence of enough mana (the spike babies, if I understand it)

Again, this is incorrect. "Spike Babies" didn't shift metatypes. They were born as a new metatype.
Spike
I am not sure if I feel incredibly stupid or I just think a lot of you guys are being overly strict in reading. I always got the impression that there were two waves of change, one for the elves and dwarves, one for the orks and trogs. But I NEVER had the impression that no one ever turned into an elf post birth. I always saw that 'expressing' as an elf or dwarf in the teens or beyond was actually common for a breif time.

Where did this 'never, not ever, not even in your dreams bucko' line come from?

And why, exactly, should it be true? What makes the members of those two metatypes so special that they can only be born that way? Certainly the 'growth' into a Troll is at least as extreme a physical change as shrinking into Dwarf size, and someone expressing suddenly as an Elf might not even notice right away...
Mr. Unpronounceable
I don't have the old books handy, but it was in the history part - I'll check the SR4 book to see if it mentions it.

But UGE is specifically elves and dwarves being born to human parents, while goblinization is specifically orks and trolls metamorphizing at puberty.

edit:

QUOTE (SR4 pg 64)

The first metatypes to appear were dwarfs and elves born during the first wave of UGE (Unexpected Genetic Expression) in 2011. Orks and trolls appeared ten years later, during the period of “Goblinization,” when many humans suddenly transformed.  Now a half century past the Awakening, goblinization is exceedingly
rare, occurring only to humans, usually during puberty.
Spike
QUOTE (Mr. Unpronounceable)
I don't have the old books handy, but it was in the history part - I'll check the SR4 book to see if it mentions it.

But UGE is specifically elves and dwarves being born to human parents, while goblinization is specifically orks and trolls metamorphizing at puberty.

The problem there is you are reading a negative into a neutral comment.

Babies are born as Elves or dwarves =\= no one ever changes into an elf or dwarf.

Mr. Unpronounceable
see the edit to my previous post
MYST1C
QUOTE (Spike)
Babies are born as Elves or dwarves =\= no one ever changes into an elf or dwarf.

I just checked the SR2, 3 and 4 rulebooks - while birth as a metahuman is, of course, possible for all races, transformation after birth ("goblinization") is mentioned only concerning orks and trolls.

And don't forget what "goblinization" means: the term was coined in 2021 when 10% of humanity suddenly transformed into weird-looking monsters ("goblins") - elves and dwarves are not that different from humans in appearance but orks and, especially, trolls...
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Spike)

True enough.

I'll generally go with what the writers have expressed as intended though.

Anyway, how does an elf of dwarf "express"? Ooh, my ears got pointy, or darn, I didn't quite grow as much as my firends....
Wraithshadow
Probably the same way as Oooh, my teeth got pointy or darn, I grew much more than my friends...
Spike
I suspect a great portion of my trouble here is that it doesn't make much sense from a consistency angle that only half the metahuman subtypes 'goblinize'. So without a hard and fast line, which I have never seen outside this thread saying it's impossible, then I have no valid reason to suspect that only those two types actually change in adulthood.

Presumably there were ork and troll babies coming at some point, so why should we not assume that some poor (or not so poor) bastard goblinized into one of the fairer races?

Hell, if some dude just sprouted horns and fangs and grew four feet, would I even notice that his neighbor got pointy ears? Doesn't even rate attention compared to the shocking 'goblins' sprouting. Doesn't mean it didn't happen (and logically, it should have...)

So the real question becomes: Why didn't we see more trog babies during the first wave? I'm working under the assumption that the 'babies, then adults' pattern was due to the fact that it's easier for a prenatal expression of meta-genes. Or can we assume that ork and troll babies were born, but were under-reported or miscarried more often (stresses of birthing larger babies?), murdered at birth as 'monsters' or simply thought to be deformed, but otherwise 'human' children?

To be honest, it's hard to read that mini-encyclopedia of a history every time a new edition rolls off the press. I'm sure I haven't paid close, critical attention to it since I was 14. And my 14 year old mind was all about: It only makes sense if all four metatypes express at the same time...
Wraithshadow
My guess as to why the elves and dwarves came first were due to a sort of racial mana threshold- the elves and dwarves required a lower level of ambient mana in order to assume their true forms, while the goblinization didn't take place until mana had climbed higher.
FrankTrollman
I suspect a great portion of my trouble here is that it doesn't make much sense from a consistency angle that only half the metahuman subtypes 'goblinize'. So without a hard and fast line, which I have never seen outside this thread saying it's impossible, then I have no valid reason to suspect that only those two types actually change in adulthood.

Fair enough. The little details of the biology aren't really gone into much in the SR4 basic book. The SR2 basic book, however, has this to say on the subject:
QUOTE (SR2 @ p. 34)
Elves and dwarfs are nearly always born to parents of the same race. Elves beget elves, dwarfs beget dwarfs, and so on. In the instance of attempts at natural crossbreeding the child is always of the same race as either the elf or dwarf parent. There appears to be an almost exact 50 percent chance of either expression. No true half-breeds or crossbreeds are known to exist. By 2050 duual human parentage almost never results in elf or dwarf offspring.

The same holds true for orks and trolls, who are nearly always born to parents of the same race. Unlike the early days of ggoblinization, it is now rare for a human child (dual human parentage) to express into ork or troll form, but it does occur. Crossbreed attempts between the elf/dwarf group and the ork/troll group nearly always result in a goblinized expression.

This sort of information is interesting to be sure, but it mostly got cut from the core book - probably for space issues. Same reason the Banshee is no longer in the basic book.

-Frank
the_dunner
QUOTE (Spike)
Presumably there were ork and troll babies coming at some point, so why should we not assume that some poor (or not so poor) bastard goblinized into one of the fairer races?

In your game, you're welcome to decide whatever you'd like to be true. However, from a canon continuity perspective, goblinization only happens with Orks and Trolls.

The best presentation is actually in SOTA63:
After the Hausen discoveries, it was later determined that the metagenes for ork and troll metatraits, while requiring higher levels of ambient mana to express, would do so suddenly even in existing organisms.  The elven and dwarf metatraits, however, established themselves during fetal development, and organisms will not express the nobilis and pumilionis traits after differentiation has occurred.

Why is it different? I see two probable reasons:

1) The authors wanted it that way to make it a darker world. (It's a lot worse from a social perspective to turn into an ork or troll.)

2) The metagenes involved follow completely different pathways.
Zolhex
Geeze you guys rules rules rules put the book down and back away from it.

While I have enjoyed the posts made and there are most definitely some really GOOD points this was all set up as a what if or a have fun with this post and you all got so serious.

Is it just me or have people forgotten that imagination is a great thing to play with from time to time?

As for my idea I was thinking once again instead of the +5 to the body and strength go with say a +3 to both and then give the +1 to agility and +1 to chrisma.

This is because while I am still playing with the idea of a merger I am not so sure it could be said the merger would be perfect thus giveing the child max bonuses.

Now you can go ahead keep digging through rules if you want but I really think you just need to take a break and have some fun lol. grinbig.gif rotfl.gif
Ravor
Well IF I were going to bring in some sort of half-breed, then at most I would pick the metatype traits from one of the parents and add some purely cosmatic traits from the other, such as an elf with small Troll-like horns and lumpy skin. You know, the same type of thing that daddy very well could have paid a surgeon to add on so his little tike would look more like him.

But then again the very idea of Bladish Day-Walkers grates on a raw nerve more then Drizzt Clones from that other system.

Seriously though, trying to cross the very different traits of an Troll and an Elf would cancel each other out as the bulk and dermal plates that gives the Troll his incredable toughness counterdicts whatever joint and tendon changes is necessary to give elfs their increased agility.

You'd be better off starting from stratch and imagining a gene splicer creating the 'perfect' Metahuman in a lab that starts with a natural 7 before counting BP additions in every stat who then is carted off for intense delta-grade Cyber/Bioware implantation before being infected with a custom built strain of HMHVV that gives the subject all the strengths of vampires with none of the weaknesses, plus it also reconizes the existing top-end Cyber/Bioware as part of the body, and after all of that, is entered into a pact with a Free Spirit to grant the subject the powers of a Full Mage plus those of a Full Adept before being carted off to an AI to be altered and become the first being to have both Magic and Resonance, and while we're at it, why not allow this speical one-of-a-kind person to cast spells while in the Matrix and use special Complex forms that grant bonuses to his meat body actions...

*Edit*

Although, getting back to what I think the spirit of the thread was supposed to be, I'd bet that my perfectly engineered monster of science and magic could beat the socks off your Eloll, or would it be Trolf or maybe even Trelf? wobble.gif
Anymage
Imagination may be a great thing, but for a story to really resonate it helps if everybody can suspend their disbelief. An internally consistent set of rules helps maintain suspension of disbelief, while a series of random special cases undermines it. Half troll/half elves who express as dragons at puberty are very much outside of the way Shadowrun's fictional universe works, even without having to add to the torturous metagenetics logic they've already tried to add to cover it.

Of course, you're free to add whatever you like to your own game. Just remember that weak or haphazard internal logic can spoil a whole group's enjoyment far more easily than being unable to play a gimmicky character can spoil a player's.
HeySparky
Well, Casazil, you did ask for people's thoughts on the topic of a half-elf half-troll with all of the bonuses and none of the penalties... Those thoughts have been shared and now - because they're not glowing and giddy about what a great idea this is - the sharers don't have imaginations. For shame, Casazil.

Sorry for venting my spleen, but daggum... don't ask for opinions and then chastise those who offer them. Not to mention give you (and me) a greater insight into the SR world as it stands.

To say it'd be cool/fun/awesome to have a character with bonuses to nearly every stat is not 'imaginative.' It's easy.

Ravor took his commentary further than I was thinking, but I agree with the sentiment - balance and creativity within the system are what I find fun.

But, hey, whatever gets your socks rolling up and down.

Fastball
QUOTE (Casazil @ Apr 4 2007, 04:00 AM)
would the kid if s/he were to goblinize later be a half breed?

I broke out the rule book because you specifically asked a rules question.

Now, let's see who has more imagination:

1. I just watched Blade. Wouldn't that be cool if he were my Shadowrun character? I wonder if I can manipulate the rules to make a super half-elf/half-troll.

2. (snowRaven's idea) The rules don't support half-breeds, but why not make an ork that thinks he is a troll/elf? (my comment) You could probably even convince a GM to break the orks can't be elf poser rule.

3. (my idea) Half-breeds aren't supported by the rules, and your idea is unbalancing, but you could run the idea as if you were making a movie in the Shadowrun Universe about a half-elf/half-troll.

Here's another spin on the movie idea. Run a short epic campaign with over-powered characters. At the end, have the characters "wake up." It turns out they were playing the newest Blade VR game.

You adapted a movie to a game. We explained why you would be violating the rules and offered explantions to bring your idea within the spirit of the rules. We may not have been more imaginative, but we certainly weren't less.
FrankTrollman
You could be a Wakyambi (African Elves who are really tall) or a Fomorian (Celtic Trolls with no Charisma penalty).

But the whole "half-breeds" thing doesn't fly in Shadowrun, they literally don't exist.

Which is a good thing. Characters should impress with their history and opinions, not with their Star Trek forehead markings.

-Frank
Zolhex
Ok consider me spanked I'm sorry I went to my room and thought about what I said after that though I have to say this:

Yes you have plenty of imagination but maybe I was just thinking too far out of the box it happens with me I am far off in non-reality mainly because reality for me sucks.

No I didn't watch blade then come up with the idea it was just the only thing that I could come up with to explain my thoughts of a character that was getting all the bonuses and only one negitive.

My thoughts were mainly to play around with the character races try to figure out something new I guess what I was looking towards (with a really bent lens) were the meta-variants.

again I am sorry if any of my comments offened anyone I did this thread and others in the past as fun what if ideas and here I go getting all serious bad me I'll try not to do it again.
Fastball
QUOTE (Casazil)
No I didn't watch blade then come up with the idea i. . .

Then I should apologize, too, because it appears we are both guilty of reactive comments.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from further posting. While I didn't think your particular idea in this case meshed with the shadowrun world, I do think the discussion it inspired was valuable.
Zolhex
@Fastball taken and accepted.

I will of course continue to post hehe like I said I have all kinds of strange thoughts about things for shadowrun.

And yes I think this thread did inspire some good conversation on the races and rules for the game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012