Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brainstorming for My Adept
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Dashifen
I don't know ... adding the adepts Magic seems problematic since we add the force of a spell to such elemental effects and not the magician's Magic. I'll have to think about this one for a while.
lunchbox311
QUOTE (Dashifen)
I don't know ... adding the adepts Magic seems problematic since we add the force of a spell to such elemental effects and not the magician's Magic. I'll have to think about this one for a while.

True but many times with combat spells magicians just cast it at magic rating force anyway... at least that is what I have seen, it can even be worse with overcasting.
Nocturne
Well, the point IS in fact that there is no Force associated with blast elemental strike. Magic seems to me the most obvious choice to tie it to, since it's already used as the activation duration for the power, and is a pretty good metric for how powerful an Awakened is.

However I can see good arguments for using:
- Strength
- Willpower (or other mental stat deemed appropriate to your adept's path)
- Unarmed Combat Skill

Any way you look at it, until it's FAQed by Those On High, it's up to your (or your GM's) interpretation.
Unarmed
I'd tie it to something magic related as opposed to anything physical, probably magic, although willpower might work well too. The only problem with using magic is that that might be too powerful...
lunchbox311
QUOTE (Unarmed)
The only problem with using magic is that that might be too powerful...

Well it is only for the purpose of knockdown so I doubt it would be that unbalancing.
Nocturne
QUOTE (lunchbox311)
Well it is only for the purpose of knockdown so I doubt it would be that unbalancing.

"Unbalancing"... I LOLed.
lunchbox311
QUOTE (Nocturne)
QUOTE (lunchbox311 @ May 23 2007, 05:23 PM)

"Unbalancing"... I LOLed.

Hehe

*bows*

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012