Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arsenal Preview
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
maeel
Arsenal was supposed to be out 1Q2007, but has been delayed due to playtesting.
I think it would be fair to publish at least the ToC or Index, best would be both.

There have been a lot of assumptions about what will be in Arsenal.
Will we see Powerarmor ?
Will there be advanced combat rules?
Will there ... (place your question here)

ToC and index could at least help us, answering these questions...
Ancient History
You're getting coal in your stocking this year.
nathanross
Dude, just stop bitching, they'll publish it when it's done. Cut them some slack or make your own gear.
PBTHHHHT
Make sure the gear tastes like chicken.
MaxHunter
Well, a preview would be good as a sign that people are really working hard and could help boost up players' confidence and, well, eagerness...

It's just marketing, like trailers in movies IMO

Cheers,

Max

Ps: I'm curious too
Demerzel
The index is something like the last thing they do. If it's in playtesting you can't expect them to be precognative about exactly what pages will result from the possible edits? If it's still in process of finalizing the layout then they still won't have the exact page numbers.

Kyoto Kid
...will we see armoured long johns and the Zoe Heritage line again? (love that armoured Kilt, makes a Scotsman feel right secure it does)
...will the Ares Great Dragon ATGM? still be as easy to get as it was in previous editions? Every character should have at least one at chargen.
...wIll cool weapons like Gyrojets, Narcojets, and Splat Guns make a comeback?
...will there be some sort of vehicle design/customising system and will there be more stock vehicles to choose from?

--inquiring runners need to know.
maeel
hey i am not bitching, just saying Toc and Index would be ready by now, even if the pagenumbers were incorrect or missing, since it is in playtesting and finetuning...

They published Toc and Index for Core, so, why not do it for Arsenal?
I am not sayin they have to do it, just sayin that we would really appreciate it...

Plus, they have always claimed that they want to improve their PR Strategy....
Demerzel
When the TOC/index came out for SM it was only weeks before it was sent to the publisher. Sure it took another month or two to get from there to a real book in your hands, but I imagine they released it as soon as they could. I'd imagine they haven't even made a mockup index yet if the book isn't considered in it's final form.
hobgoblin
somebody do something with that topic. my first thought was that there was a preview released or something!
MITJA3000+
^You're not the only one. Man this isn't good for my heart.
knasser
You, you... how could you put a topic title like that? Don't you know how much it hurt to realise it was just a poll?

And in regards to nathanross's comment to stop bitching... "No!" I don't tell you what to care and not care about, so don't tell us.

-K.
Jrayjoker
I love SR, and enjoy playing, but whatever will be will be.
JonathanC
I think what we all want from this book is obvious: pricing and weight for NERPS.
Adam
hey i am not bitching, just saying Toc and Index would be ready by now, even if the pagenumbers were incorrect or missing, since it is in playtesting and finetuning...

The ToC and the Index are two of the absolutely last things to be built. They aren't ready now.

When the TOC/index came out for SM it was only weeks before it was sent to the publisher.

Please -- FanPro *is* the publisher. A publisher and a printer are two different things. smile.gif
fool
arsenal is like the tooth fairy, it doesn't actually exst and never will. (I'm cynical from having waited sooooooo long.)
Aaron
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Make sure the gear tastes like chicken.

Or crow.
Demerzel
QUOTE (Adam)
Please -- FanPro *is* the publisher. A publisher and a printer are two different things. smile.gif

Bah, Semantics.

And, hey! I was defending you!
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Ancient History)
You're getting coal in your stocking this year.

Red-hot.
While you are wearing them.
Adam
Bah, Semantics.

As threads show on a regular basis, some people still don't understand that WizKids owns Shadowrun and FanPro publishes it -- adding more confusion to that by saying that FanPro sends their works to *another* publisher when you could use the correct word [and it's even shorter to type! wink.gif] doesn't make sense.

And, hey!  I was defending you!

And that's appreciated, don't get me wrong.
Thane36425
It'll come out eventually. You can move on to other things, or you can keep going like this. Then when you get it, you can be like, "Wow, I wasted how much of my life fussing to get THIS?"
Fezig
QUOTE (Thane36425)
It'll come out eventually. You can move on to other things, or you can keep going like this. Then when you get it, you can be like, "Wow, I wasted how much of my life fussing to get THIS?"

Yeah, start pushing for unwired, that thread has a much longer time to complain. Seriously though....what's with the release order...oh well. As long as the content is solid I can wait. Not patiently, but I can. No...I'm probably lying, I probably can't wait.
Meriss
maeel you're a dirty rotten tease. smile.gif But a correct dirty rotten tease
maeel
sorry if i've caused someones heart to fail, my initial goal was to provoke a reply from the almighty adam, and i did, unbelievable.....

But seriously adam, why the delay, i remember a release date that said 1Quarter2007.
Would you at least agree to us compiling a list of questions and you answering them, please, please, pleeease.

Or better give some details about arsenal just for us dumpshockers... i mean, hey, we are true followers....
Thane36425
QUOTE (Fezig)

Yeah, start pushing for unwired, that thread has a much longer time to complain. Seriously though....what's with the release order...oh well. As long as the content is solid I can wait. Not patiently, but I can. No...I'm probably lying, I probably can't wait.

I've got an order in with Amazon and don't even think about it until I get the next notice asking if I still want to keep the item on order. Had 3 or 4 of those now.
Demerzel
QUOTE (maeel @ Apr 16 2007, 03:42 PM)
my initial goal was to provoke a reply from the almighty adam, and i did, unbelievable.....

He actually replies to many of these types of threads, so it's not that unbelievable.

You could run a quick search and probably find an answer to your question as to what the delays migth be. The question after all has been asked before.

Here's an example.
Adam
sorry if i've caused someones heart to fail, my initial goal was to provoke a reply from the almighty adam, and i did, unbelievable.....

Unbelievable! My 3406th post! wink.gif

But seriously adam, why the delay, i remember a release date that said 1Quarter2007.
Would you at least agree to us compiling a list of questions and you answering them, please, please, pleeease.

Arsenal needed more time for editing/development. During the development time, Peter had to deal with a family emergency that kept him away from work for a month, and that hurt several of the books he was developing.

I'm afraid I am of little use to answer specific Arsenal questions. To this point, my entire contribution to the book has been some mockup ideas as to how gear illustrations could be handled.

Or better give some details about arsenal just for us dumpshockers... i mean, hey, we are true followers....

I have been criticized -- rightfully! -- in the past for providing too much detail on Dumpshock without providing it in other venues. When preview material is ready for Emergence, Arsenal, and other titles, it will be posted to ShadowrunRPG.com, as usual.
SirBedevere
QUOTE (JonathanC)
I think what we all want from this book is obvious: pricing and weight for NERPS.

Yes! Even better would be a full NERPS suplement; who cares about guns and wireless details, give us NERPS! twirl.gif

Note. The above was a paid announcement and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the poster.
Kyoto Kid
...NERPS... for sourcebook waiting angst
Wasabi
QUOTE (Adam)
too much detail on Dumpshock without providing it in other venues.

What are some good other venues? I love Dumpshock and have for quite a while but can always stand to explore another site... smile.gif
ornot
I thought this thread might be about an actual preview too. For shame!

Still, I'm hardly surprised that there isn't a preview of the contents. Last thing I do when I write too. Sooo much easier that way. Cut and paste FTW (for clarification the writing I refer to is research reports, I'm a grad student).

Frankly I doubt how useful I would find a TOC or index. If stuff was dropped I would just feel disappointed, and anything that was in there that rocked my boat, well, I'd just be left in even more dire desperation until it does eventually come out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012