Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Devils Hitlist
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
SinN
Link to OOC

Smoke
[ Spoiler ]

You all arrive at about the same time. Giving looks to one another, with one hand on your gun. The tension can be cut with an knife, when a voice is heard.

Welcome.
Each of you turn to the source. Standing a few yards away is a short bald man. He is wearing Blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a brown jacket. He also has one eye sewn shut.
Im glad all of you could make it. I am Calypso. The reason I've called you hear is becuase I have some work that is a bit touchy, but needs to be done. I am aware of what it is that you're willing to do and dont do. I see you've gotten aquainted. Good. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a scrawled peaice of paper.
In my hand is a list of people I need dead, and specifications on how I want them dead. Reaches into another pocket and pulls out a disc. And this is how you can prove how each of them die. I want their murders recorded onto this disc. When the job is done, call me on the number on the list. We make the exchange, you make some money. My price per kill on the list will be 5k. Split between each of you. Any questions?
fistandantilus4.0
Cat regards the little man from behind her shades, still standing, her arms crossed.
She switches on her white noise generator in her pocket before she speaks.
Yes, I have a few things to say.

First, what sort of people are these? If you've got a list of affialiated people, or those within the same organization, it will get harder as it goes. Second, it depends on the deatils of how you want them dead. The more complicated it is, the more difficult it will be for us to perform it. Which will mean a higher likely hood of being caught.

I don't know these people any more than I know you. But they don't strike me as common street muscle. Neither am I. If you're going to offer street thug prices, I suggest you call street thugs. You can't really expect me to commit a complicated homicide for under nuyen.gif 2,000 ? The more complicated it is, the more attention it will get, especially from the media.

As I said, I do not know these people, but they certainly don't seem new to this. Neither am I. I for one will need more details about the types of targets and deaths, and much higer pay, if you want me for this.

Cat conitnues to scanning the area from behind her shades for any other muscle Mr Johnson might have with him, and aits for the other "runners" reactions.
Lady Door
Smoke watches the woman with interest and nods slightly to herself.
Well now, this little cat has claws... interesting.
Smoke takes a step forward, joining the group of three. She's dressed in a long and flowing black silk sari. Another length of silk wraps around her head, forming a cowl that covers her face. Her hands (what can be seen of them) are covered in black gloves. Red hair spills out of the cowl and falls to her waist.
I agree with the woman. As you said, you have a "desperate need" for our services and "lack of morals"... a desperate need means a higher price. I, for one, would not consider anything less then 3000 per head. Anything less then that and you insult my abilities and my time.
I would also require details. I understand that your type feels the need to keep such information from us until after the arrangements have been made, but I really don't care. What type of targets are they and how will they be killed?

Spirit, guard me, but do not materialize until I call for you.
fistandantilus4.0
3,000 is a semi decent price for nobodies. This had better be a list of nobodies if that's what you're paying. I don't care much if they're nobodies or somebodies, but I'm not going to put my time and efforts into homicide unless I'm properly compensated for it. Especially if you're looking for a killing spree.
ludomastro
Calypso, if you truly know as much about us as you say then you know that I have my own uses for those that you would have us kill ... how did you say it? In very specific ways? Yes, I agree with this young woman over here - we will need a bit more compensation.

Let's see what this mortal looks like on the astral.... Interesting.
SinN
Alex
Roll accensing

Smoke/ShadowCat
Roll charisma+any sort of barganing skill
ludomastro
Assensing:
[ Spoiler ]
Lady Door
GM Note
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Influencec (G) 2 + Charisma 5
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Alex
[ Spoiler ]

Calypso sighs, and looks annoyed.
As far as anyone else is concerned, you are street thugs...killers. The task isnt that diffacult. Either we can bicker about money, or we can get down to bussinness. If the job is done right, quickly, and discreetly, there will be a bonus pay for it. An extra 5k per person. These are my terms. Wether it suits your fancy or not. Do we have an agreement?
He looks at the three, waiting for an awnser

Smoke/Alex
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Thugs? You have no honor, and obviously no experiece in this sort of thing. Have fun finding mroe "thugs"

Cat turns and walks out of the meet.
Lady Door
Assensing Test
[ Spoiler ]

Smoke listens as the other woman speaks and then nods, pulling her cowl around her tighter.
Listen, I'm bored with this already. You want common street thugs, go find yourself some. I'll pass.
Smoke looks Calypso up and down again and turns on her heel, headed out the door.
SinN
Smoke
[ Spoiler ]

ShadowCat
You speak of Honor as if you have any. Why do you think I called you hear? If walking away is what you enjoy, then walk as long as you like.

Calyspo looks annoyed, but does nothing to stop you.
fistandantilus4.0
You are a foolish gaijin. You must have honor to be able to understand it. You've proven your own foolishness by insulting the people you say you need help from. You have already driven a wedge between two of us and your self. I suppose as for this man, the question remains. I only hope he knows the saying of following a fool.

Miko says it as she's walking out, never turning to face the man, but watching him with her fly drone.
SinN
My job isnt to impress you. Nor any other Johnson. Wether or not you like me I couldnt give a rats-ass about. The job is how it is. If you dont like it when the big bully picks on you, then find a new line of work, toots. If you want work, then turn around. Either way, I dont care. Take it or leave it.

Still standing, no facial expression, arms crossed.
Lady Door
Smoke raises an eyebrow at the Watcher Spirits but doesn't break her stride.
Spirit, watch over me. Do not let this man or these spirits hinder me in any way.
Smoke walks back out through the door she entered. Once outside, she sighs.
What a regrettable waste of time, Pierce.
fistandantilus4.0
Once outside, Miko turns to the covered woman, looking her up and down once.

Go for a drink omae?
Lady Door
Turning to face the Japanese woman, Smoke smiles under the cowl.
Omae? How delightful...
When Smoke speaks, she does so in lightly accented Japanese.
I would like that...omae. Smoke bows at the waist.
fistandantilus4.0
My vehicle is this way. I would like to stick around for a moment though. I don't trust this J, and I'd rather know whether or not the man is staying with him.

Cat walks away from the building but ,leaves a second fly spy in place outside, and sends the incoming signal from the inside and outside drones to the strange womans commlink.

I am called Shadowcat. What do I call you?

Miko's japanese accent is still obvious, but not so strong that her english comes out garbled,
Lady Door
Smoke smiles again at the womans' precautions.
I am called Smoke, Shadowcat. I to do not trust this... J. He is a mage, capable of spirit summoning. Someone to be wary of.
Smoke turns and regards the door to the warehouse, waiting to see if anyone else leaves.
SinN
ShadowCat
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Then there's no reason to stay where he can see us.
Miko continues to move away from the warehouse, stopping to stop in an alley, and summons a pair of watcher spirits.

Watch for me, warn me of any other spirits trailing us.

To the second Watch the building, let me know when each of the men leaves.

With the drones, key in the audio sensors. Miko was the only one running a white noise generator, so there shouldn't be any interference.
SinN
The first spirit returns.
There are spirits following you. Four of them. And something is following your friend. Something odd. Not from the meet.
Lady Door
Smoke follows Shadowcat curiously, when she stops to summon Smoke's eyes alight.
So, you too have the Talent?
Smoke summons her own watcher spirit, calling it to her side.
Spirit, watch over the other watchers, report to me their movements... This is getting interesting, isn't it Pierce?
fistandantilus4.0
I have many talents. Summoning is one of them. You do as well then? The more I think on it, the more I'd like to simply remove this arrogant gaijin.
Lady Door
Remove him, lovely one? What are you thinking? Smoke moves a bit closer, the cowl still pulled tight around her head.
fistandantilus4.0
The last thing I need is a dirt bag like that trying to soil my reputation. Anyone that knows him would know to ignore him. But word can travel. It's tempting. I do not like being insulted by trash. I think we may have to wait to see where the man stands.
Lady Door
Smoke nods and stands silently, watching the watcher spirits circle the building and each other. She smiles and looks at the woman standing beside her.
And what are you all about, little cat?
Assensing Test
[ Spoiler ]

fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Lady Door
I grow weary of this, Pierce. The night air burns worse then during the day.Smoke coughs softly, pulling her cowl down as it slips a little from her grasp, revealing a small patch of pale skin.
I know, my love... give it time. If we are to have someone following us, it is better to know it now rather then later. Remember, it is better to know your enemy then to fear the unknown.
Smoke nods slightly and focuses her attention once again on Shadowcat. To calm her nerves, Smoke strokes the blade that rests against her thigh under the sari. The feel of the metal through the silk is familiar and soothing.
ludomastro
Assensing Test:
[ Spoiler ]

Trevor regards the exchanges with what can only be described as a smirk plastered on his face. Eventually, the smirk turns to a grin which turns in a ripping belly laugh. To Calypso he says, I find this funny. You want street thugs and call us thugs. So be it. This thug can find something else to do with his time. Enjoy the evening Calypso. With that he turns back from whence he came and walks away.
fistandantilus4.0
To Smoke:
It appears the other man is leaving. Shall we let him go, or talk with him? What did you think of him?
Lady Door
Smoke regards the man leaving with interest. If you are right and it does come down to us vs. this Calypso, then perhaps it would be prudent to gather all those involved to our side? Strength in numbers and all that...
Pierce, what do you think of the man? Your sight is far better then my own.
fistandantilus4.0
Practical. So I suppose the question facing us is, shall we make an issue of Mr Johnson's lack of manners. It's a risky proposition. A man like that would expect others to think as he does, so he would expect us to atttack in this scenario. Perhaps a different approach.

Cat takes one of her stealth tags and attaches it to her thrid fly spy, and sends it out in search of Mr johnson's vehicle.

This is a stealth tag. It is very diificult to detect, and cannot be detected by a commlink scan. Only specialized equipment will find it. Our J seems to be paying more attention to the arcane side of things. Which means he's less liekly to spot something like this. A spirit certainly would not be able to spot a micro drone. This way we can track him and handle things on our terms.

Let's go talk to the other man.
Lady Door
Smoke raises an eyebrow and nods. After you, Shadowcat.
fistandantilus4.0
Using the spy drone she has in place outside already, Cat leads Smoke towards the other runner's car, while still watching the Johnson inside via her first drone.
Lady Door
With her spirits in place and watching the Johnson and the other patrolling watchers, Smoke follows Shadowcat.
The man is confident... look at how he walks... I'll have to take that into account later.
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

Hoi there chummer, hold up a second. I think we're got something to talk about.

Spirits, keep an eye out. Make sure no other watchers or spirits are spying on us.

SinN
Your spirit goes off. Just before you're about to speak, you feel your spirit destroyed.

Smoke
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Summon a scout spirit on the astral only Force 5
Magic 6 + summoning 3 +Spec Scout = 11 dice -5,5,1,2,5,5,3,6,6,3,2 = 6
Optional Power chosen : Confusion

Drain Resist Will 5 + Charisma 5 = 10 Dice 6,4,3,2,2,2,4,1,2,2,2
Edge reroll failrues for the crap roll 5,5,6,4,2,4,4,4,2 = 4 successes total

Spirit, something has harmed our hunters. Await a command and be my eyes on the astral Guard me.
SinN
Spirit nods.
You stand ready until your com link beeps from a message.
Smoke/Shadowcat
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Activate my system security alert, activate my Black IC program.

This fragger is trying to hack me.
Lady Door
Smoke raises an eyebrow and smirks under the cloth of her cowl.
A magical show of power? How mundane. Smoke turns and regards Shadowcat.
He is attempting to intimidate us. He is powerful, apparently, but foolish. I, for one, suggest we leave. His ego has been bruised and he will wish to salvage what he can of his pride by demonstrating.
Still, Smoke pulls the hooked kukri's from their place in their leather sheaths.
fistandantilus4.0
Cat nods. We'll see what kind of system he's running first. If he's got some sort of counter planned, I'd like to know about it.

Cat activates her stealth program, for now going through the AR. She runs a sniffer t otrack back his comm call and locate his commlink.

Hacking + Sniffer 5 = 10 dice 6,6,2,5,5,1,6,5,4,2 = 6 success. That's awesome.

[ Spoiler ]
Lady Door
Smoke nods.
Pierce, be with me. I may need to call upon your power, my love. This man has tried my patience.
Spirits, stay back. Watch from afar. Tell me of what you see within the warehouse and outside. Tell me of what you see of the other spirits.
Spirit Perception Test
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
[ Spoiler ]

The com is still located in the warehouse. Still on, and running some kind of program, wait...not a program. A timer. Just your getting this timer hits zero, your bike, Smokes ride, and Trevors as well all explode. Roll body+armor to resist damage, fire and shrapnel and all.
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

Body 4 + Ballistic armor 8 = 5,5,5,6,6,1,6,2,4,2=6 sucesses

Picking her self up, Cat commands her spirit first. Find the man we know as Calypso. Destroy any spirits with him, starting with the weakest. Report to me any that are present.
Lady Door
Body Test
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Smoke
[ Spoiler ]
Lady Door
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012