Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unbeatable locks?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
FriendoftheDork
I had already thought out that the facility is "lost". Basically, it most of the data was lost in the old crash, and the rest was lost when everyone involved with the project didn't make it out or at least didn't report it.

Basically, there is still some datatrail left for Renraku, but most of it is located within the Arcology... and that's sorta out of order.

Perhaps one day some Renraku or government guy will learn about it, research and find it's location... but until then the PCs have a home.
kzt
QUOTE (Jack Kain)

When you "hack" by hardware maglock YOUR NOT, say making it think a valid key, biometeric data or what ever was used. Your opening the lock by disabling the magnets just long enough to open locked thing. If security personal look at the access logs and see the door opened with out any access key number. ALARM.

This is called a "Door Force Alarm", and it doesn't require looking at logs. Immediate alarm.

In an optimally designed and installed system you can't get to the maglocks from the non-secure side of the door.
FriendoftheDork
QUOTE (kzt)
This is called a "Door Force Alarm", and it doesn't require looking at logs. Immediate alarm.

In an optimally designed and installed system you can't get to the maglocks from the non-secure side of the door.

Ehm isn't this what's called a Anti-Tamper system in the BBB?

In fact, last night the PC (who got 9 dice, not cool.gif actualy tripped one and was THIS close to locking down the entire base.

After that I applied a -4 on all attempts to hack other locks in the building, and the one he attempted in the first place was totally jammed until it the alarm was shut down.

More about that in the AAR in a day or two.
KarmaInferno
Make the big security door a fake entrance. Kills anyone who goes inside.

The real entrance is beneath a heavy table or something, the floor slab lifting out of the ground on hydraulics if they input the right security codes at the ATM machine next door.

Just a quick nit-pick, the first crash happened in 2029, so instead of 30 years, the lab would be at least 41 years old.
FriendoftheDork
QUOTE (Ravor)
Just a quick nit-pick, the first crash happened in 2029, so instead of 30 years, the lab would be at least 41 years old.

Ok well I don't think I've said exactly the date to my players at least (although they guess 30 years or more. 41 is just fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012