Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Down in the Gutter
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Unarmed
@Omae

I cleaned up your gear page on the wiki for you, I hope that you don't mind. If you need any wiki help at all, please let me know. Thanks!
Omae
@unarmed
thank you very much!
WinterRat1
Better hurry with getting approval from Konsaki Omae, game start is tomorrow. You need to be on the Event Registry in...1.5 hours my time.
Omae
@WR1
How do I get approval? I have finished character, although there will be some BP loss, I do not get it appoved or be ready.
WinterRat1
Well it was supposed to have been up on the wiki checked 'Ready' by midnight on Monday night, right now it's a bit late and you're behind the game, so to speak.

I'd talk to Konsaki and see what he says, both of us are cramming writing the intro posts for tomorrow.

And I'd see if there's someone willing to help you get your wiki stuff ready to go, because we're both too busy with game start stuff right now.
Omae
@WR1
thank you
WinterRat1
No problem, just make sure you talk to Konsaki and move quickly, make sure your sheet is correct the first time, etc. Even if you don't make the Friday start, since you're already close you may be able to get in and your intro post up in the next few days if you move quickly.
Vegas
@Omae,

I'm around to do wiki updates for you.

I need in order to get you ready:
A quick paragraph (or sentence) on Beast Jr.'s personality.

A quick paragraph (or sentence) on Beast Jr's appearance.

A quick couple of lines on each of Beast Jr's contacts (who they are, what kind of relationship they have with Beast Jr.) otherwise Konsaki is likely to make these up and they won't be nice guys or likely what you had in mind for your character's contacts smile.gif

A location for you to start the game at...somewhere on the maps on the wiki under the "Turf" page. Somewhere Beast Jr. would logically be at the "end" of the big all out gang war.

If you can get those to me quickly I can get them up on the wiki and mark you ready for Konsaki to approve.

It looks like gear and stats are ready to go thanks to the guys who put them up for you (Abbandon and Unarmed I believe)
WinterRat1
If you can get everything up and approved by Konsaki sometime tomorrow Omae, I'm pretty sure we can squeeze you into the Friday game start, since we've known you'll be around for at least a week and so it shouldn't be too hard to make something happen.
Geisha
@GMs

I would like to play this character concept, and hope this concept get an approval.

Maki Sakai, is second son of Sakai family, a minor Yakuza family in Osaka, Japan. He was more talented than his older brother Yuji, but because of him being an elf, he had no position in the family. Genuine playboy using his charm as weapon, he spent most of time hunting for females than training. He had or known any worries in his youth, but this ended when Yuji marred to Ayako from Sato family, daughter of another Yakuza family. Ayako, who loves everything that is beautiful, became obssessed of having Maki. Ayako planed and succeeded seducing Maki one night, but when Yuji discovered this little event, she placed all the blame on Maki. He got beaten and imprisoned, but his little sister, Saori, helped him to break out and run. He is now a fugtive, running from his and Ayako's family. He was constantly on run in Japan, but knowing he had no hiding spot in Japan, he left the country to Seattle. He seeks revenge to Ayako for ruining his life, but first he need to survive the harsh world he is not familier with, and needs to change his identity to escape from the persuers.

ps. by this concept, he should not have Home Ground quality. May I just take it out? Also I want him to be a SINner, but can not use it in fear of revealing his position to the persuer, is it possible?
Abbandon
New character submission!

I was inspired by playing some ps2 games recently(tomb raider annaversary and odin sphere) to make the following character.

Concept:
Valkyrie is a female elf samurai who practices the martial art of Gunkata. Gunkata is the art of wielding pistols in melee combat with the focus on trying to set up shots at close range. Valkyrie is ambidextrous and is very good at this form of combat. Also she has spent alot of time training to learn how to heal wounds both immedeately after they happen and afterwards with medicine.

I have her CS done, but havent fleshed her out beyond that. I'd love to get her on the Wiki and finish her up so she could maybe be an NPC(that you gm's could use) until my guy Fool dies.

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Abbandon - I commend your enthusiasm, but I believe that reviewing a character for a player already in play is pretty low on our 'To Do' list, especially when the game just got started and we're trying to get everything established and running smoothly.

If Konsaki wants to look at it right now, that's up to him, but I know I'm not going to. Life expectancy for your PCs isn't THAT short. smile.gif
grendel
What is the endless fascination with turning what is essentially a ranged killing device (gun) into a melee weapon?
Abbandon
Its a weapon just like any other. Why use a long stick, why use a knife, why use sharp little fingernails? Women even use shoes! Im not good at explaining my feelings but I just know that it looks damn kool when you see people doing it.

Why the disdain for it Grendel? Its not like it gives the character super powers or even unbalances anything.

*edit for reference
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Kata
grendel
You know, I was going to rant on about the impracticality of a martial art, and I use the term loosely, developed by a movie director, but then I realized that it's just the thing that an eighteen year old from the sprawl with more testosterone than brains would emulate. I think it's an excellent idea for a character in a gang campaign.
Abbandon
so you dont like it because its unrealistic?? I hate to be the one to break it to you but shadowrun in general is a unrealistic, fantasy based game. Although some parts mimic real life shadowrun will never become a reality.

"You cant use your dual wielded pistols in melee combat vs that water elemental or the dragon or the troll because thats unrealistic!!! Watch how good my characters magic screws them over though..."

The only amount of realism im interested in is that stuff takes damage and guns run out ammo.
grendel
There's a difference between abstracting physics in order to simulate reality in a fantasy based game, i.e. Shadowrun, and constructing an art which is based on "shooting where the enemy should be, while not being where the enemy should shoot."

Every time I have to explain the logical fallacies that permeate that statement I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Fresno Bob
QUOTE (grendel)
There's a difference between abstracting physics in order to simulate reality in a fantasy based game, i.e. Shadowrun, and constructing an art which is based on "shooting where the enemy should be, while not being where the enemy should shoot."

Every time I have to explain the logical fallacies that permeate that statement I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

But they analyzed footage of millions of gunfights and logically figured it all out!

Lawl. I have a character thought up for if/when Aziz kicks it, but I'm not going to bother statting him until I have to make him.
HeySparky
QUOTE (Abbandon)
so you dont like it because its unrealistic?? I hate to be the one to break it to you but shadowrun in general is a unrealistic, fantasy based game.

[snip]...[/snip]

The only amount of realism im interested in is that stuff takes damage and guns run out ammo.

Abbandon, people have all sorts of different tastes and it's unlikely that any idea ANYONE puts up will be met with universal approval.

Don't get bent out of shape. Take a deep breath, exhale and, above all, remember you're at Dumpshock. Where everyone is opinionated and everyone is right.
Vegas
QUOTE (ES_Sparky)
Take a deep breath, exhale and, above all, remember you're at Dumpshock. Where everyone is opinionated and everyone is right.

LOL Sparky, I think you just coined the new "slogan" of DSF. rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012