Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chaff
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LordHaHa
I just noticed, while perusing the Rigger 3 sourcebook, that there seemed to be zero rules for chaff and chaff dispensers. Can anyone confirm this?
sunnyside
If it doesn't I believe Fields of Fire has rules.
Darkest Angel
It's put under the catch-all term of 'ECM' in R3 for some reason.
Kagetenshi
Simplicity. The Rigging rules are horrifically oversimplified, but since Sensors is monolithic, it only makes sense that the counters to it be as well.

~J
Link
Except the MIJI rules, which are just horrific.
Snow_Fox
usually it happens on long runs if your legs touch while you walk.
Enigma
I quite like the MIJI rules. I have no idea whether they're realistic (what the hell do I know about electronic warfare other than what I learn watching movies and playing shadowrun) but what I do like is that if a character is going to try and hijack flying death machine drones, they need to (a) have some cool gear, (b) overcome some significant obstacles in terms of skill tests and © decipher some fiendishly difficult to understand rules. It suits me just fine that none of the players I have ever run games for has been dedicated enough to decipher the rules, because quite frankly using them to steal drones, if you were careful on character design, could lead to some game balance issues I don't often have the mental acuity to overcome.
Kagetenshi
I don't like the MIJI rules because they're almost entirely worthless—the broadcast encryption rules mean that any meaningful encryption will render MII effectively impossible. and Jamming, well, Jamming still works but you don't need that many pages for Jamming rules.

~J
Link
QUOTE (Enigma)
I quite like the MIJI rules.
It suits me just fine that none of the players I have ever run games for has been dedicated enough to decipher the rules

I like the idea, the fact that players need to decipher them is the problem.
Starting with the fact that a radio signal gets 3 condition monitors it goes downhill from there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012