Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternate Firearm Creation Rules.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Rajaat99
Did anyone create alternate firearm creation rules? I thought someone created some awhile ago, but I could be wrong.
Kagetenshi
Raygun has some that, IIRC, someone else made and he tweaked (or possibly just hosted). His site's down right now, like most of the DS Matrix, but there's always the internet archive.

~J
Chibu
I don't think i have Raygun's but, I have something up called Cannon Companion Redux So, that may be what you're looking for. Alternately, I have Gun Production Line on there too, but I think that isn't updated rules so much as explained rules.

If these are not what you're looking for... well, I might still have it, I've been sorting through a ton of files recently trying to get everything online. But it's taking awhole to sort out. I'm also trying to convert alot of things to PDF, so that's taking time (in editing). Well, I hope those can help. If not, there MAY have been something in one of the Plastic Warriors books....
Rajaat99
QUOTE (Chibu)
I don't think i have Raygun's but, I have something up called Cannon Companion Redux.

Perfect, now I don't have to do them myself. Thanks!
MYST1C
QUOTE (Rajaat99)
Did anyone create alternate firearm creation rules?

Quite easy:
  • 1. Decide what weapon you want to create and give it a name.
  • 2. Choose the existing SR weapon that most closely resembles your idea.
  • 3. Copy the stats.
  • 4. Alter price, availability, street index, legality if you want.
  • 5. Optional: Create a picture for the new gun
Critias
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Jun 16 2007, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Rajaat99)

Quite easy:

• 3. Copy the stats.

This really is the easiest way to do it (and it holds just as true for cars, bikes, etc). I normally even just leave price, availability, and street index alone (and rather than creating an image, I search the corporate website of the gun I'm stealing).

No one really cares if you buy your Colt Manhunter the "custom finish" and start calling it a Kimber-Morrissey 1911 Ultra Carry. Your GM know the stats and rules for it won't be munchkinned all to hell and back (unlike some of the monstrosities that can be created with firearm creation rules), your game world and group get a little more variety and flavor, and it still gets to look just as badass as you want it to look. Everyone wins.
Kagetenshi
I should add that that "etc" is limited—there are a lot of roles for vehicles that aren't covered by preexisting designs. That said, some areas are well-covered, and in some areas (heavy pistols, for example) the number of preexisting designs covers most of the reasonable range of possible designs.

~J
MYST1C
QUOTE (Critias)
rather than creating an image, I search the corporate website of the gun I'm stealing

Fair and well. Though it is advisable to choose pictures that don't contain any manufacturer and/or model names that contradict your invented name (something I've seen often in fan-made gun books - e.g. a supposed Ares pistol clearly marked "HK USP").

unlike some of the monstrosities that can be created with firearm creation rules

Word.
One time, just to test the exploitability of the system, I created an ultra-light, silenced, burst capable sports rifle with maxed-out concealability and ammo capacity - its only drawback was 10% range decrease due to the "shortened barrel" option...
Kagetenshi
You can make a solid assault rifle with conceal 7, IIRC. Of course, given that you can get a Conceal 6 shotgun by sawing off some barrel on the SPAS-22, no firearm creation rules needed…

~J
Straight Razor
I'm working on my own creation rules. as soon as i get my excel loaded I'm going to make a gun generator. i'll post it on the board in a week or two.
Chibu
^-^ Glad I could help.
Rajaat99
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Jun 16 2007, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (Rajaat99)

Quite easy:

• 3. Copy the stats.

That's a good idea for a quick gun, but I'm what you would call a "Rules Whore".
I like to create new things and I like rules to do it with.
I've built a bunch of guns for my game and new vehicles too (From R3).
My problem was that the gun creation rules in the CC were ok, they just seemed to be lacking. There weren't enough options available (in my opinion, of course).
Wounded Ronin
Raygun's site is down? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was just going to refer to it. Arrggh! frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012