Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: definative flechette ruling
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nocturne
Alright, I've searched the forums and found a number of answers to this, all different. It doesn't help that the rules (corrected fourth printing) are contradictory... how does flechette ammo work?

As of current printing and errata, flechette ammo applies a +2 DV and +5 AP (impact). The rules claim this is applied to the stats already in the weapon tables, but if I look at any of them, I only see +3 AP applied (Remington Roomsweeper and Remington 990 go from -1 AP to +2 AP). Likewise, the shotgun choke rules on p144 contradict the "correct" values as well.

I found one thread that claimed that flechette ammo turns the AP into +5, full stop, but this is contradictory to the overall ammo rules.
Serbitar
It is an old rules bug that this is not mentioned in the BBB.

Unfortunetely it is FanPros (or now IMRs) policy to not change broken BBB stuff.
lunchbox311
QUOTE (Serbitar)
It is an old rules bug that this is not mentioned in the BBB.

Unfortunetely it is FanPros (or now IMRs) policy to not change broken BBB stuff.

QFT!

I just rule that the flachette changes the damage code from the base. So Mr. predator does 5p -1ap with regular ammo. With flachette it is now 7p +4 ap.

Shotguns I would rule the same way.

Some of the flachette only weapons (sliver gun for instance) break this even more by doing more damage than the normal flachette counterpart. (it does 8p with +5 i suppose.... I guess this would be special case for the weapon since that is all it can fire.
FriendoftheDork
I'd say just use +5 AP and add that to the weapon's base DV (if it has two). Thus the 990 should be 9P and +4 AP with modified stats.

The Slivergun is a bit more tricky - not sure what the new book says but it shoud be 8P +5 AP.
WearzManySkins
Seems someone is incorrect. smile.gif

From the Shadowrun Errata 1.5

p. 313 Flechette Rounds [4]
The third sentence should read:
“ They also raise the eeffective value of Impact armor (AP +5).�

There is post with a shotgun using the various rules for shotguns.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...7735&hl=shotgun

Here is one about the settings of chokes

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...7659&hl=shotgun
Nocturne
QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
There is post with a shotgun using the various rules for shotguns.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...7735&hl=shotgun

Here is one about the settings of chokes

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...7659&hl=shotgun

Right, well, hence my confusion. Wearz, you seem to think that the +5 is a flat +5 in all your examples. Others use it to modify the original AP. In either case, the shotgun rules and weapons tables appear to use old flechette rules, whereas the errata and my book changes flechette to "raise effective value of Impact armor (AP +5)".

To me, it appears as though I should raise all the AP values for shotgun spreads by +3, and adjust all the precomputed flechette AP values on the weapons charts by +2.

Unless the authors really DID mean that flechette AP becomes +5. I suppose that would make the tables actually make sense, since the old flechette value was +2 AP and it appears to replace the weapon's old AP value in the broken charts. Of course, they should have explicitly stated that, like they do with S-n-S damage.

Maybe I'll just do that. Now that I've talked through it, Wearz seems to be on the right track.
WearzManySkins
Yes you have it.

AP is +5 not -2+5=+3.

A fully automatic shotgun like the CMBT with all the recoil mods, set on narrow choke narrow long burst, is a very bad thing to be the target of.

Luck to you in your game. smile.gif

WMS
Serbitar
Sp APDS is also only -4 even in s sniper rifle? Not really.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Serbitar)
Sp APDS is also only -4 even in s sniper rifle? Not really.

Maybe this will make more sense. The shotguns and slivergun are already coded for Flechette ammo. In this case you raise their exsisting AP mod by 3. If you loaded Flechette into a Ruger Superwarhawk, which has an innate AP of -2, it would go to +3. Or in an Ares Predator IV which has an AP of -1 it would go to +4.
yoippari
Using the Mossberg as an example, ap+/- is an absolute value, not a modification. Of course that is the opposite of how explosive and apds are normally handled (I think). So it seems like the devs need to clarify the point as both approaches are correct in the current system.
djinni
QUOTE (yoippari)
Using the Mossberg as an example, ap+/- is an absolute value, not a modification. Of course that is the opposite of how explosive and apds are normally handled (I think). So it seems like the devs need to clarify the point as both approaches are correct in the current system.

we handled it by looking at the lethality, +2 DV, +2 AP makes Flechette rounds the same as Lethal Gel rounds...
lunchbox311
QUOTE (yoippari)

After further consideration with my group we said it was a modifier and not absolute value... even with flachette only weapons such as the mossberg.

So the basic shotgun does 7P with -1 AP with flachettes it does 9p with +4AP

therefore the mossberg would do 9p +4AP. You are essentially trading the ability to fire more than one type of ammo (the 990) for the ability to have burst fire in your shotgun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012