Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting to know your fellow Runners
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Omar the Falcon
Most game forums I am on have a "Hi, I am (insert info here), let me tell you a bit about myself" thread.. generally with pictures. Did I miss that on here, or should I start a new one?

I am just getting to know folks who regularly reply and whos threads I check often, and figured a 'getting to know each other' thread would be worthwhile.
Kagetenshi
FWIW, in my opinion the absence of such a thread is a good thing, though the occasional introduction thread has cropped up and usually dies off before it gets closed for being off-topic.

(There were, IIRC, more introductions in the Lounge, but the Lounge has been closed for quite some time now.)

~J
wargear
Way back in the dim depths of prehistory a whole bunch of us posted pics of ourselves into a yahoo group...and for the record they are still there.

Can't remember what it was called...but it shouldn't be hard to find.
Omar the Falcon
Eh, fair enough I suppose. Was just wondering if I had overlooked it.

I wonder what it would take to get the lounge open again? I might try this on the OT forum.
Omar the Falcon
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dumpsh...member_gallery/

No posts since 2004...
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Omar the Falcon)
I wonder what it would take to get the lounge open again?

Probably the retirement of the current admin staff. There are some unpleasant memories of the Lounge.

~J
wargear
QUOTE (Omar the Falcon)
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dumpsh...member_gallery/

No posts since 2004...

Hardly surprising, I don't think we've had any Sydney meets since then either...
tisoz
It seems like the GM/Player Registry Forum would be an appropriate location for threads introducing yourself to other players. Maybe the additional traffic will point people to others looking to get together to actually play a game. smile.gif
Lazarus
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Probably the retirement of the current admin staff. There are some unpleasant memories of the Lounge.

There's a story there somewhere.
Critias
We should make them give us a new Lounge, by rioting in the threads of every existing sub-forum, flaming each other horribly, tearing every conversation off-topic, lighting shit on fire, and kicking to death anyone who tries to stop us! The time is now! COME THE REVOLUTION! Fists in the air, let us march, my brothers!

NO LOUNGE, NO PEACE!
Trigger
QUOTE (Critias)
We should make them give us a new Lounge, by rioting in the threads of every existing sub-forum, flaming each other horribly, tearing every conversation off-topic, lighting shit on fire, and kicking to death anyone who tries to stop us! The time is now! COME THE REVOLUTION! Fists in the air, let us march, my brothers!

NO LOUNGE, NO PEACE!

*joins into the mob without a second thought*

NO LOUNGE, NO PEACE!!!

*kicks his tiny deskside trashcan to show support*
Critias
Wow. Inciting domestic terror is easier than I thought!
Ryu
So you´d plead guilty on a charge of "domestic terror"??
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Critias)

NO LOUNGE, NO PEACE!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we already do all of that?
tisoz
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 3 2007, 10:23 PM)
We should make them give us a new Lounge, by rioting in the threads of every existing sub-forum, flaming each other horribly, tearing every conversation off-topic, lighting shit on fire, and kicking to death anyone who tries to stop us!  The time is now!  COME THE REVOLUTION!  Fists in the air, let us march, my brothers!

NO LOUNGE, NO PEACE!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we already do all of that?

But the suggestion is for a forum completely devoted to that.
Snow_Fox
Stumps set up: http://z6.invisionfree.com/Underworld93/index.php?
to replace the lounge, originally done by Jr woodchuck.
Wounded Ronin
Heh, why don't we start a swingers club for unsightly internet recluses with zero social skills/hygiene?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Critias)
Fists in the air, let us march, my brothers!

NO LOUNGE, NO PEACE!

But I don' wanna be in da' air. frown.gif

As has been said by others, the Lounge is gone and likely staying that way. I wasn't around at that time, but I've seen some of the old threads and some of them were down right nasty. Adam and Bull are against it, and quite solidly, so that's really as far as it goes.
Critias
I don't really care either way. I just wanted to see if I could start a riot.
fistandantilus4.0
Oh I know you don't care. But Omar is new and likely doesn't know the deal behind the lack of Lounge love among the core Admin head What-nots here.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)

NO LOUNGE, NO PEACE!

As has been said by others, the Lounge is gone and likely staying that way. I wasn't around at that time, but I've seen some of the old threads and some of them were down right nasty. Adam and Bull are against it, and quite solidly, so that's really as far as it goes.

Well, if we don't get a Lounge, can we at least get the Creepwoodrun thread stickied? smile.gif
Trigger
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jul 4 2007, 09:25 PM)

NO LOUNGE, NO PEACE!

Well, if we don't get a Lounge, can we at least get the Creepwoodrun thread stickied? smile.gif

*steps off one bandwagon and onto the other*

I SECOND THAT MOVEMENT!!! NO CREEPWOODRUN, NO PEACE!!!

*kicks over deskside trashcan again*
Angelone
Why? I reread that monstrosity again recently, for no apparent reason I can think of, but I digress. That thread is not what I would call a good thing, a funny thing, but not a good thing. Now the Drop Bear thread on the other hand.
Critias
But funny is good.
Angelone
Not nesseceraly*, it just depends on your view of things. To us it's funny, but to Creepwood it's probably not. I'll admit I'm the first to laugh if something goes wrong and somebody gets hurt, but to that person more often than not it's not funny.

*How do you spell this word I messed it up so badly spellcheker doesn't reconize it.
mfb
well, it's almost never funny to the person who gets hurt--but Creepwood wasn't a person, he was a scrub. so it's just plain funny!
fistandantilus4.0
Ok,gotta ask. Creepwood?
mfb
Creepwood! (please don't deduct karma for linking that)
Critias
QUOTE (Angelone)
Not nesseceraly*, it just depends on your view of things. To us it's funny, but to Creepwood it's probably not. I'll admit I'm the first to laugh if something goes wrong and somebody gets hurt, but to that person more often than not it's not funny.

*How do you spell this word I messed it up so badly spellcheker doesn't reconize it.

Right, but they're the schmuck getting hurt, so their opinion doesn't count. That's just how funny works. Majority rules! Funny is the one true democracy!
Angelone
I'll concede that point but remember it when your the schmuck.
Kagetenshi
Y'know, it's hard to feel bad for someone as openly and unwarrantedly hostile as creepwood was in that thread. I can sorta understand having some sensitivity for things that could "just happen", but that just isn't the case here.

Or maybe you see some justification for his fourth post (ninth one in)?

~J
Angelone
He's Swedish, the lack of sun does stuff to em. Causes some sort of imbalenec cause the lack of UV's be more sympathetic biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (mfb)

QUOTE (Creepwood)
OR the absolut coolest thing to do, 'a paus' were me and the attacker stare at eachother.

rotfl.gif

QUOTE (mfb)
creepwood, know what i did last week? i made a character by rolling up his stats, and only came up with a background after i was done! and i still don't have a name for him! (join in, everybody, it's like throwing garlic at vampires!)

1 karma. I remember that one now.
Omar the Falcon
QUOTE (mfb)

Oh yea.. that IS going to cost you with Karma...
Ryu
@mfb: No karma decucted, but you need to burn edge to survive.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Angelone)
He's Swedish, the lack of sun does stuff to em. Causes some sort of imbalenec cause the lack of UV's be more sympathetic  biggrin.gif

..hey, where I'm from, when this big bright glowing thing appears in the sky it brings about all sorts of strange behaviour.

All of a sudden the accident rate during the morning/evening commutes goes up, people start getting all giddy daydreaming instead of diligently working, they shed their multiple layers of rain protection, and "gasp* even dare to show their pale skin. Then they take to the undeveloped areas for strange rituals involving placing bovine or fowl flesh on braziers, drinking copious amounts of mind numbing liquids, throwing plastic disks or various shaped balls to each other as if performing some form of tribal rite. Mass hysteria, anarchy in the streets, dogs and cats living together...

...ahhh, the clouds finally returned and it's gone. Whew that was a close one! grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012