Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Ally Spirt
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tisoz
Anybody know if a free ally spirit's Attributes are supposed to increase when its Force increases or does it need to buy them up seperately?

I do not think it is ever stated anywhere, but what do people think?
Lindt
I believe its only its mental atts that increase with force. Could be wrong though.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Topic title)
Free Ally Spirt, No, I'm not giving one away

...aww geez, and here' I've been cutting out and saving all my UPC symbols for the last three years.
Angelone
I've read the rules a few times since you brought up this question. I couldn't find anything about how free ally spirits advance. So I'm going to declare from henceforth that free ally spirits advance as other free spirits.

So it is written and so shall it be.
Shrapnel
Is this before or after the Dikote? grinbig.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (Shrapnel)
Is this before or after the Dikote? grinbig.gif

Does it matter?

I always wondered about Ally spirit advancement because their attributes are not related to Force. Not knowing, I've always avoided using an Ally as a Free spirit. Recently it was discovered an edge a free ally could provide that no other spirit is capable of providing. The Aid Spell power in connection with Health spells. Force is used for the test, so the binding PC has a motive to increase the Ally's Force, but will it give a huge, side benefit of raising Attributes?
Kagetenshi
Maybe Free Ally Spirits don't advance in attributes?

~J
hyzmarca
I'm going to assume that once it becomes Free it follows the Free Spirit rules.
tisoz
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
I'm going to assume that once it becomes Free it follows the Free Spirit rules.

And in your reasoning that means what concerning Attributes?
hyzmarca
That they follow the same rules that all other Free Spirits follow for attribute advancement. Once they become Free, they're no longer Allies in the strictest sense. So, attribute advancement according to Force.
tisoz
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
That they follow the same rules that all other Free Spirits follow for attribute advancement. Once they become Free, they're no longer Allies in the strictest sense. So, attribute advancement according to Force.

This sort of makes sense to me, only because to do otherwise would be exceedingly expensive. For example, even giving them the break of raising Attributes according to the Ritual of change costs as much as raising Spirit Energy.

It also makes sense in that base Physical Attributes are set equal to Force.
Pendaric
This seems rapped up but too add my 2 bits, I had the free ally spirit keep its enhance physical attributes till its force meant that its manifest form was equal or greater than its previous attributes.
Just made for an more blended transition for pre freedom to fully free stats and powers.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Pendaric)
This seems rapped up but too add my 2 bits, I had the free ally spirit keep its enhance physical attributes till its force meant that its manifest form was equal or greater than its previous attributes.
Just made for an more blended transition for pre freedom to fully free stats and powers.

Probably what I'd do as well, if it came up.
tisoz
What enhanced Physical Attributes? Ones that the summoner paid extra to raise? If so, I guess I agree. In my experience, they get left at Force, so this may be why I wonder.
tisoz
I am also contemplating relating Attributes to Force (creating a modifier), then having advancement be based on force modified by the relation to Force at the time the ally spirit became free.

Example:
Force 5 Ally
B 5
Q 5
S 5
C 4
I 6
W 6

B=F
Q=F
S=F
C=F-1
I=F+1
W=F+1

It in effect gets unique stats (as each ally could be unique within the class of ally spirits) similar to other spirit types.

Such as a Spirit of Man having B=F+1, Q=F+2, S=F-2, C=F, I=F, W=F.

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Maybe Free Ally Spirits don't advance in attributes?

Maybe. It could just be a major perquisite that most spirits attributes are linked to their Force.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012