Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time of Thrawn
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ludomastro
Note/Disclaimer: This game was approved for use in this forum by the admins. Players have been chosen. Feel free to read but the game is closed to new players right now.

Ok folks, here is the OOC thread that you have been clamoring for.

Here is a link to the IC thread.

I'm reserving some space for NPCs, story backgroud etc. Please post your characters and equipment for easy reference.

Housekeeping
Speech (Salmon)
Thoughts (Aquamarine)
Rolls & In-game Mechanics (Gold)
Actions (Normal Text)

Please turn your signature off for IC posts.
ludomastro
Please see the following links for some info on the Thrawn trilogy:

Thrawn's Campaign

Thrawn himself

Thrawn Trilogy (Wiki)

All of the above should be considered OOC knowledge.

Coming up tonight or tomorrow:
  • What is known IC
  • Where ya'll are currently
  • What has been happening recently to ya'll
  • First IC post
ludomastro
Here is where we are in the OOC. For those of you who have read the books, this should clue you in to exactly where we are. If you haven't, the information in the previous post should be a good guide.

If memory serves me correctly, we are about the end of the second book. Thrawn has revealed his clone army and has made off with most of the Katana fleet.

Borsk Fey'lya has made is statement about his .... thoughts on the military and has subsequently lost political power, Ackbar is reinstated, etc.
fistandantilus4.0
Daylin Dareakart
[ Spoiler ]
Unarmed
Oh man, if I had heard about this before it started...
Ophis
Rand Tarnich
[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Will post Failed Jedi Char here once I dredge his stats back up or Alex PMs them back to me. ;)

Done. And the background too.
fistandantilus4.0
Edited Prev. Would you like me to post his background as well?
Ophis
There we go.
ludomastro
Edited Prev. Would you like me to post his background as well?

I have it and I have a feeling you are going to dole out his background at your own pace as we go along. Therefore, up to you.
ludomastro
QUOTE (Ophis)
There we go.

You poor, poor soul.

Your team-mates are mostly bounty hunters and mercs....
fistandantilus4.0
rotfl.gif

Rand- "ahhh finally, a safe haven."

Gand - *looks at warrant sheet, then at Rand* " Yes, we will take care of you. Make your self comfortable, you are safe with us."
*starts counting the credits mentally*

Alex, good luck. I have no idea how you're going to work our little drifter in. biggrin.gif
ludomastro
Alex, good luck. I have no idea how you're going to work our little drifter in. :D

Yeah, I know ...

Perhaps he has changed his appearance?
Ophis
Quiet possibly...

I'll have a think on that, I'll admit to being very used to playing as Rebels...
fistandantilus4.0
Perhaps this would be a good time to go over a couple of Style points.

now, is this the kind of game where say, turning on another PC is acceptable, frowned on, encouraged, not allowed , or allowable only in correct context?

Are you going for a generally "good" game, rebel friendly, independant, do as you please, what?
ludomastro
Good point fist:

I would say that playing in character is more important to me than other concerns. If you truly are a heartless mercenary, then act like it.

For your example: Turning on another PC is acceptable only in the "correct" context. e.g. When it makes sense for the character and, to a lessor extent, the good of the game.

In general I am looking for a quasi-independent, character driven game.
fistandantilus4.0
Got it. Whne do we start? You've got Plan B's stats, and Nerfhereder has sent you his as well. So are we set to go?
ludomastro
I fell asleep earlier - just picking up a few things now so I can go to bed. mom-on-the-run still needs to post her sheet. I see if I can prod her along. I'll repost the other sheets here tomorrow (today technically) and we can get started.
ludomastro
Ophis

[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
This post intentionally left blank.
NerfHerder
Here is Gand

[ Spoiler ]
Ophis
I'll drop the force sensitive.
Abbandon
This makes me think of KoToR =(
mom-on-the-run
Hiya! I am new to the board. I am the wife of Alex. This is my first game on DS but I love Star Wars and am looking forward to the game.

Kolbacca the Wookie--Bounty Hunter

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Nice to have ya' 'Mom'.

So , Alex, when we startin' again? biggrin.gif
ludomastro
"mom" and I are going to a concert tonight. I edited the first reserved post for some general information. I will update it later on with where we are in the Thrawn timeline later tonight or tomorrow as well as what your characters understand (or think they do) about what has been going on in the galaxy. Please see the links that are up now for the Thrawn Trilogy if you haven't read it or if it has been a while.
fistandantilus4.0
hehe ... want ...to make.... comments about taking ....your mom ....to the concert. Trying.... so hard to resist....

wobble.gif
ludomastro
hehe ... want ...to make.... comments about taking ....your mom ....to the concert. Trying.... so hard to resist....

:wobble:

Laugh it up fuzzball!
ludomastro
Ok folks, sorry about not updating this thread and getting the IC thread up sooner; however, yesterday I felt like my head was in a vice with a giant turning the screws.

So, without further ado, please see the updated OOC info post at the beginning of this thread and the IC post on ... where else, the IC thread.
fistandantilus4.0
so ... wouldn't it be like, impossible for a ginat to do that? Imean, it's got these massive fingers, and the vice is goign to be like one of those tiny little screws that you need the tiny, special thumb screw drivers to turn. Does that mean you really felt fine, if a bit uncomfortable because your head was in an open vice, with a giant looking confused and chagrined?
Lady Door
Hey look! It's me! Posting! In OOC! Woot!

**I now return you to your regularly scheduled posting... **
Unarmed
Hey, I know this is a longshot, but if you guys happen to need any more players for this, please, please, please, let me know. WEG's Star Wars RPG was the first roleplaying game I ever played and I still have a massive soft spot for it.
fistandantilus4.0
Hey I'm all for it personally. I think one more would be just fine. Six players is when it starts to get crowded, but five is no worse than four as long as everyone's on the ball.
Lady Door
Everyone else has their character posted up here, so here's mine. (I'm such a follower). smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]

ludomastro
@ Plan B

Looks good Let's get your ship picked out and change the appropriate specializations to the ship type you pick. Are you opposed to Ghtroc 720 freighter? Doesn't have to be that, just a suggestion.
fistandantilus4.0
I'd suggest a YT-1800 hundred, basically the smae stats frmo what I remember. Either way, I'll explain to her what it is. Will need stats obviously though.
ludomastro
Can't find a YT-1800. Have stats for the following:

YT-1760
[ Spoiler ]

Ghtroc 720
[ Spoiler ]

YL-2200
[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
QUOTE (Unarmed)
Hey, I know this is a longshot, but if you guys happen to need any more players for this, please, please, please, let me know. WEG's Star Wars RPG was the first roleplaying game I ever played and I still have a massive soft spot for it.

I have five right now and from experience that is about all I can manage with RL. I will put you on my short list for vacancies.
fistandantilus4.0
Girst ,a couple of pertinant questions: Are we assuming that the gand is fluent in Wookie? 'cause otherwise this could be a mess.

Nerfherder, I thought the Gands referred to them selves in the 3rd person, so he would call himself by his name, not his racc. Like "The ROck" did.

Alex, how much cash do we have? As in Daylin and Hal? No passengers I assume?

Also, going to be working on a pic of Daylin at some point.

Can we have a smuggled Drop Bear somewhere? Could be a great hook for meeting up with Ophis!
Lady Door
Oh, and I went with the YT-... thingy. biggrin.gif
ludomastro
QUOTE (F3.0)
Girst ,a couple of pertinant questions: Are we assuming that the gand is fluent in Wookie? 'cause otherwise this could be a  mess.

The Wookie has a small translator droid. No issues.

QUOTE (F3.0)
Alex, how much cash do we have? As in Daylin and Hal? No passengers I assume?

No passengers.

@Everyone has 3d6 x 100 credits.

QUOTE (F3.0)
Also, going to be working on a pic of Daylin at some point.

Sweet

QUOTE (F3.0)
Can we have a smuggled Drop Bear somewhere? Could be a great hook for meeting up with Ophis!

We shall see sir.

QUOTE (Plan B)
YT- thingie

Done
ludomastro
I'm trying to get everyone on Hal's ship - please forgive me if it feels like I am railroading a little.
fistandantilus4.0
Hey, I'm all good. Everyone knows that getting things together requires a fair bit of ... 'conducting'. biggrin.gif *choo chhooooo*

You should totally play the translator droid to the hilt, ala 3PO
ludomastro
NH

Don't make me reach into my D&D bag and cast "teleport" on O'olan. wink.gif

fistandantilus4.0
The droid dragging him off was hilarious though!

His internet has been down, but is back up now. He'll be posting tonight.
Ophis
Ah well Rand will have to find himself another swoop/speeder bike. It was always the way with him really.

Of course Alex if you could give me the opportunity I'd really appreciate it.
fistandantilus4.0
*hinthint*

You May have had the time to load it in. Not like those thigns take a long time to get moving.
ludomastro
@ Ophis

I'm OK with Rand barging in with the swoop to Hal and Daylin's ... dismay, outrage, whatever they prefer.

QUOTE (F3.0)

The droid dragging him off was hilarious though!

*bows* Thank you, thank you.

QUOTE (F3.0)

His internet has been down, but is back up now. He'll be posting tonight.

Ouch!

@NerfHerder
My condolences.
Ophis
QUOTE (Alex)
@ Ophis

I'm OK with Rand barging in with the swoop to Hal and Daylin's ... dismay, outrage, whatever they prefer.

Cool, I'll modify the post.
fistandantilus4.0
@Ophis - waiting on Alex to see if their shields are up. If they are , then we may be hosed. If they aren't then you may be able to shoot the tractor beam array, once I find it with the sensors.

Which brings me to my next questions:
@Alex - is the tractor beam starfighter scale? 'Cause if not, Plan B gets some extra dice for dodging. If it is then we could actually damage it by shooting it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012