Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Kratas Shuffle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Grinder
Link to IC-thread

This is the OOC-thread for the Earthdawn-game based in Kratas.

You can find the specifics for building characters in the Recruiting Thread.

The game is set in Kratas shortly after the landing of the Theran behemoth at the Ayodha-liferock, which means that Prelude to War is still running.

You're a group of adepts that make a living in Kratas for two years now. It's up to you where and how you started to know each other, but you all arrived at the city together as a group. You managed to seize a ruinded two-story building that you repaired to make it your home in the City of Thieves.
Of course you have been noticed by different power factions of the city, most notably Garlthik and his gang, but also the Throal ambassador, other gangs, merc companies and powerful individuals. We'll see with whom you broke bread with.

Color Code (kudos to PlanB):

(Salmon) This is for talking.
(Gold) This is for declared actions, notes to the GM, etc.
(Aquamarine) This is for thoughts.
(Red) This is for texts via commlink or comms speak.
(Purple) This is for handwritten messages or text passages in books.
(Aqua) This is for when the little voices start talking to you in your head. Be worried when this starts happening.

For any questions, post here or PM me.
Ophis
I some how doubt RED will get used a lot...
Grinder
biggrin.gif

That'll teach not to copy'n'paste without attention to the details.
Ophis
It could be used for out going mental communications, I can't remember if there are any but hey.

Rolls in spoilers in IC or here?
Grinder
Please post your rolls here.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Ophis)
I some how doubt RED will get used a lot...

I was just thinking that. biggrin.gif

I'm all for rolls in spoilers or gold IC personally. In that order pf preference. I think it makes referencing rolls much easier later on, and it's a hell of a loy easier on both players and GMs, speaking from my own experience (IMO).
Grinder
Good point, I have to admit.

Ok, post the result in spoilers in the IC thread.
Ophis
Thought I'd cover some group basics

Seraph - Elf Illusionist 6/Swordmaster 1 about 20 years old
Korian - Elf Beastmaster 6 late twenties
Vas - Human Swordmaster?/Thief ? Early Twenties.

Korian's beast friends.

Ragnar - Skeorx (lives some where outside Kratas)
Thunder - Sentinal Hawk (flying elementalist!!)
Unamed & Unamed - Crojen
Unamed - Stone Lion

Now some details of Seraph...

A quick over view of Seraph

Personality notes
[ Spoiler ]

History:- Vague at best, often with a number of distinct contradictions between tellings. It appears that Seraph is using her birthname rather than a chosen one, unusual for an elf her apparent age. Seraph met Vas in Kratas. She knew her way around the city but doesn't seem to be local. She has several friends in the 'entertainment' industry most notable the Illusionist entertain Darius who she helps out as an assistant(and doing tricks he can't manage while making it look like him..).

She and Vas met by getting involved in the same incident in Kratas, they found a some common ground of friendship and worked together for a couple of months before, Korian, Seraph's elder brother arrived to make make sure his sister was safe. After some private discussions the two of them stayed in Kratas working with Vas, while not thieves, they are also not entirely honest folk. Korian and Seraph work almost perfectly as a team together sharing a seemingly mystical ability to anticipate each other's actions in combat, at the very least they have been taught well by and excellent tactician. they both remain tight lipped about their family. They also spend a lot of time talking to travelers coming from outside Barsaive, they seem to have some sort of overarching goal.

Seraph's Spell Matrices

Spell - Unseen Voices
Spell - Clothing Gone
Spell - Eyes Have It
Enhance Matrix - Improve Karma

Talisman 1st - Displace Image
Talisman 2nd - Innocent Activity
Talisman 3rd - Nobody Here
Talisman 4th - Memory Blank
Talisman 5th - Flying carpet
Talisman 6th - Foreseeing
fistandantilus4.0
Vas is a human man just shy of 6' tall. His hair is dark, usually worn short, but occassionally grown out into a wild tangle he usually ties back. It 's part of his contrary nature. Around Seraph he tends to act comfortable and relaxed, even joking. With Korian he's a bit more reserved, almost on guard, but will still joke about and talk. Anyone out side of their small group can see all sorts of possibilites. Most people they just meet will get an ammicable greeting from Vas, but Seraph knows enough about him by now to know that it's a false face. He doens't give away mch to 'outsiders', and trusts no one but Seraph and perhaps Korian.

He's friendliness with Seraph is apparently solely because she's as fickle and self contained as he is. He knows she deals in secrets and deceit, just as he does with everyone outside their circle. He respects Korian's "animal cunning", but doesn't care for what he thinks of as a straight forward approach. He refers to circle enemeies and weaken them rather than wade in with sword or claw.

Vas is most certainly not his real name. Born and 'raised' in Kratas, he ins't one to talk a lot about he past. He makes a point of not being one of those moody thieves always slouching about undera black cloak. But he does have moods at times.

He and Seraph happened upon each other in very unlikely circumstances a little over a year ago. Vas was doing one of his rare second story jobs on a wealthy trader, who had reserved Seraph's services for a performance for the evening. There was a disagreement on exactly what type and in what manner of being bound and gagged she was supposed to perform in, and she used her illusions to attempt to affect an escape. They ended up cornered in the same room as the merchant's guards closed in, and managed an escape together. Two days of doding her amarous paramour were enough to keep them stuck to each other's side. Spending the next month plotting his demise set them even more firmly together.

How's that?

Vas - Swordmaster/Thief ?/? age - early twenties.

Generally when he introduces him self, he says that he is a swordmaster of the 3rd circle.
Ophis
Sounds good, apart from one word. Demise. Seraph isn't quite the kill the bastard sort...
Ruin his life so he has to live with it is more her style. Basically set him up so he has to leave town with a price on his head or publically admit what he did to Seraph and apologise.

Though I do like the idea of Seraph getting herself stuck in a situation she couldn't quite deal with.

Oh is it okay to say that Vas taught Seraph her Swordmastery?
fistandantilus4.0

I was actualyl thinking that, but I iddin't want to speak for your character. Something like "you need more than tricks t defend your self. Tricks are wonderful. I use them my self. But you need something for the occassion when they fail."

Ruin his life so he has to live with it is more her style. Basically set him up so he has to leave town with a price on his head or publically admit what he did to Seraph and apologise.

Works for me. Vas would just get him framed for some action against someone else, so that some other crime lord type would kill him later. deniability, Vas is happy, and Seraph is happy. smile.gif
Ophis
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)

I was actualyl thinking that, but I iddin't want to speak for your character. Something like "you need more than tricks t defend your self. Tricks are wonderful. I use them my self. But you need something for the occassion when they fail."

Cool, stylistically Seraph seems naturally inclined to swordmastery, developing a somewhat hyperkinetic style. To a certain degree it seems like Vas was helping remember something she already knew.
Metatron
Proper post about Korian coming shortly, when I can think straight...
fistandantilus4.0
Think bent. It's much more fun.
fistandantilus4.0
"not safe but lovely." HAHAHAHA
Grinder
biggrin.gif
Ophis
I like Seraph, she's pleasantly barking mad.
Ophis
Added Seraph's currently loaded spells have been listed in my data collection post above.
Grinder
Only a small post before I head to bed: I'm completly off what you want for the job. What would be ok for you? I prefer to settle things out in this direction in OOC rather than IC.
Ophis
You know cash, favors, goods of some sort.

I presume you mean what we want to be paid for it.

Grinder
Exactly. What do you want and how much? Would be 1,000 silvers for the whole group ok or 2,500 silvers per member or do you want a thread item?
It's better to talk about this stuff OOC and to find common ground before such things are adressed IC - at least, that's my experience.

Ophis
I'm never sure really, about 2500sp each is enough to buy a thread item each which at circle 6 sounds reasonable to me. Maybe he could pay us in either cash or goods, with specified goods but worth more than the cash (coz I'd expect someone in his position to get goods cheaply if you get my meaning).

Not used to asking for money, the last ref I played under overpaid us early on (he gave us pay in gp, to much D&D) so we never had money worries.
Ophis
Oh while it's on my mind I'm away in a field from the 23rd (thursday) til the 27th (nex monday), Metatron will be with me. I t may be a good oppurtunity for Vas to sort his business out.
Ophis
Back home now. Who's turn is it?
fistandantilus4.0
AFAIK, I'm waiting on Grinder on my post.
Grinder
I was dead sure that I posted an answer. Strange...
Grinder
Sorry for the delay, but I didn't found the time to post. Did it now (even if it are only small ones) to get things rollin' again. smile.gif
Ophis
Yey!!!! That is all.
Ophis
Since Seraph is getting changed I'm going to allow the fight to finish before she comes down stairs.
fistandantilus4.0
hopefully I can get initiative on this guy and finishi it fast. I wasnted to go all Air dance on him, but I don't think you can Air dance and Taunt.
Grinder, if I'm wrong, please let me know so that I can. biggrin.gif
Grinder
If you give me a reason why Air Dance and Taunt are not compatible, you can't use it. biggrin.gif

Both are Action: No talents in EPC (please note that Taunt only gives a malus of -1 to -4, depending on your success level) so you can use both in the same round.
fistandantilus4.0
ok well then ... wow, Taunt was changed a lot in the revised edition. I'll go in and edit that with an Aird ance then, make me harder to hit somewhat at least.
Grinder
Talents like Taunt or Battle Shout have been way to powerful with giving -rank malus for rank rounds. The new system (base the malus on the Result Level achieved) powers them down without making 'em useless at all since they're no longer an action.
fistandantilus4.0
It's fine, 'cause I agree they were way powerful before.
Grinder
Honey, we're waiting for you to post. smile.gif
Ophis
No sweety we're waiting for Fistandantilus, or is there some thing I should know?
Grinder
Didn't know it's ok to call you Honey too. biggrin.gif I meant the might Fisty o'Doom. wink.gif
Metatron
No-one calls Ophis Honey except me... eek.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Oops, sorry Bunny, I was fighting defensivley and giving ground IIRC.

Fighting defesensively for the round is a +3 to phsyical defense, and -3 steps to attack. I didin't attack for that round. Giving ground also adds to the physical defense, so he missed. I was waiting for INitiative, unless I've done something wrong since we're using ED Classic, and a rule or two may have changed.
Grinder
You're right. I didn't have in mind that you don't try to attack him.
fistandantilus4.0
Damn, I had to edit my last post like 5 times! Color post was wrong, added wrong, did a spoiler tag wrong, added something to the in spoiler comment, wrote Parry instead of Riposte. It's a lot of work. grinbig.gif
Grinder
Was worth the hassle, very cool descirption of your actions and the speech at the end is ass-cool. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
thakns very much. If he lives, I'll turn the follow up into my next taunt. I tried to make this guy a very tactical fighter. Combining the actions with some descriptive work, ala RA Salvatore. Feel free to reqard me with extra LP assuming I live. biggrin.gif
Grinder
Describing the rolled results is pretty cool, gonna give you LP for of course. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
FINALLY finished that fight. Guys, I'm SO sorry that took so long Rushing back to the shack as quick as possible to move things along.
Grinder
I'll be moving to a new apartment tomorrow, which means that I won't have an internet account until November, 1st. I'll try to go online via an internet café at least once a day though. After november 1st, we can finally go full-start with this game. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Vas keeps the dagger and sells the rest. Also gets a sheath for the dagger to fit at the small of his back.
Grinder
You make 240 silver pieces for the jelwery. The sheats costs you 20 silver pieces, so you net out 220.
Ophis
Sorry for delay over Seraph's post. I'm presuming we got the bits I mentioned from the boss man. I know we got the picture... I can edit as appropriate.
Metatron
Again, sorry for the delay, I was trying to think of the right words...Plus I've not been well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012