Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you address a dragon at a meet?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Raskolnikov
More ironic at least !!
Connor
Well, I'd probably address the dragon as Mr. Johnson at a meet smile.gif
leemur
QUOTE (sir fwank)
sup wyrm?
Traks
Well, you can say:
"Lizard?"
"Green lizard?"
"Mr. Green Lizard?"

Usually you will not be quick enough to say 4th title smile.gif
Tanka
Depending on the circumstances, it mentions in DotSW, that, if you happen to know their regular alias ("Hestaby" instead of "Queen Orange"), use that one. If you don't, well, hope that somebody in your group does.

Which is why taking the Background Skill, Dragons of the Sixth World, is never a bad idea. In fact, if you have a strong feeling you'll be dealing with some, take it at a somewhat decent level. This way you can just roll and hope you get a high enough TN to know its name.
Siege
QUOTE (tanka)
Depending on the circumstances, it mentions in DotSW, that, if you happen to know their regular alias ("Hestaby" instead of "Queen Orange"), use that one. If you don't, well, hope that somebody in your group does.

Which is why taking the Background Skill, Dragons of the Sixth World, is never a bad idea. In fact, if you have a strong feeling you'll be dealing with some, take it at a somewhat decent level. This way you can just roll and hope you get a high enough TN to know its name.

Dude, that's like my learning CIA jargon just in case I ever meet a field agent on an op and he invites me along.

Now, if I worked for the NSA and that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening, that's one thing.

Or my taking lessons on proper formalities of the English Court just in case I happen to meet the Queen.

My point is: if you deal with a dragon more than once, you'll know how to address them. If you don't, then you won't.

-Siege
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Traks)
Well, you can say:
"Lizard?"
"Green lizard?"
"Mr. Green Lizard?"

Usually you will not be quick enough to say 4th title smile.gif

If your chatting with a "Mr. Big Green Lizard," be amazed that you haven't been eaten already. He likes his humans raw and struggling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012