Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Hacking Inspiration/Ideas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
noonesshowmonkey
@ Nightrain / Razor and the crew: If you are looking for some examples of how to structure a corp node to challenge your players, Knasser has some really excellent resources available on his page.

Some general questions and examples have been addressed and explained on The Matrix Explained... sort of... thread, though it is a beast and will take a bit of skimming to find what you are looking for.

Some pretty in depth discussion has occurred on what agents do in nodes, how they do it, how long it takes for them to do it etc.

Dig around on there some, it may be able to flesh things out some for you. The thread covers house rules, explanations and extensions of the current rules. Almost all of these instances have examples.

Feel free to post thorough and precise questions here or on the linked thread if you like. Myself or someone else can probably give you a pretty straight answer (as this thread has shown).

- der menkey

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
~Ernest Hemingway
NightRain
QUOTE (noonesshowmonkey)
@ Nightrain / Razor and the crew: If you are looking for some examples of how to structure a corp node to challenge your players, Knasser has some really excellent resources available on his page.

Excellent, thanks for both of those links, especially the former!
Rock_Bottom
His TM is Min-Maxed and I was wondering what the point of hacking was because it seems like he can just bulldoze any system I throw at him with his gajillion dice he gets to roll for hacking in.

I am SO not min/maxed. Like everyone in the world, my character has taken up a skillset that her natural aptitude (and a little bit of otaku/AI messing around) leans toward. I have seen people on this board talk about min/maxed Technomancers. Mine is not even close.

I want it to be challenge where challenge is due, even when he has 200 Karma under his belt to make his TM even more Uberlicious.

I would kill for 200 Karma. Hell, I would kill to have enough karma to undergo Immersion. Actually, I would, had I not spent karma on a skill specialization. What specialization, you ask? Automatics (SMGs). Hardly the kind of thing a min/maxed Technomancer spends karma on. smile.gif

In any case, I'm all for streamlining the Matrix. Find a 3.5-esque way to do it. I don't want Saga Edition, and I sure as hell don't want GURPS. I'm thinking the Unwired book will help with that, and Catalyst seems to be on the ball. Whether that book will see print in the next few months... who knows?

BTW, This technomancer now doubling as a necromancer. Bwahahahah!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012