Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A matter of cyberlimbs and bone lacing, what gives
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pendaric
To continue in the same vein of ways to stop cyberlimbs from sucking quite so badly...
Why does bone lacing give the character the ability to do physical damage at half power in unarmed combat and a cyber limb does not?
One is a meat wrapped fist of plastic/metal, while a cyberfist is a literal fist of metal?
(Or perhapes polycarbon alloy/plastisteel/steel hard cermet etc)
The principle stands that the limb should effect a similar effect with minimal mechanical alteration to the game system.

Surely applying the same level of common sense logic to the game mechanics would soften the massive inconsistences that cripple cyber limbs?
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Pendaric)
To continue in the same vein of ways to stop cyberlimbs from sucking quite so badly...
Why does bone lacing give the character the ability to do physical damage at half power in unarmed combat and a cyber limb does not?
One is a meat wrapped fist of plastic/metal, while a cyberfist is a literal fist of metal?
(Or perhapes polycarbon alloy/plastisteel/steel hard cermet etc)
The principle stands that the limb should effect a similar effect with minimal mechanical alteration to the game system.

Surely applying the same level of common sense logic to the game mechanics would soften the massive inconsistences that cripple cyber limbs?

Yeah, I have no idea why someone decided that lacings should have that property but cyberlimbs don't. It's stuff like that which makes me wonder if people who write these sourcebooks proofread at all.
Kagetenshi
Meat around metal is more powerful than metal by itself. That's why when you wrap steak around your club, the Power and Damage Level each go up by 1 (for non-blunt weapons, you just get the Power increase, not DL).

~J
Slump
Heh, Your post made me mis-read your sig.

Failure: When your beef just isn't enough.
Tanka
QUOTE (Slump)
Heh, Your post made me mis-read your sig.

Failure: When your beef just isn't enough.

You just about owed me a new keyboard, flatscreen LCD and set of speakers, all in one go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012