Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Officially Unofficial Shadowrun Movie
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
eggbert
Hello,

I just stumbled upon this page via the Shadowrunmovie-page.

We (a group of Fans from Germany) also made a SR-movie a while ago. It's not as good as Olivier's (and not in any way funny), but I hope you like it anyway. I uploaded it to vimeo yesterday.

http://www.filmliga-franken.de/tor3film.html

Hope you enjoy! Please let us know how you liked the movie!

Regards from Germany,
Enno
Stahlseele
Ah, yes, Germany . . Even our Fanmade Shadowrun Movies are better ^^
Also, welcome, to Hell, as Pinhead would say. Once you're in here, you usually don't leave on your own.
Tachi
QUOTE (eggbert @ Sep 15 2009, 03:55 PM) *
Hope you enjoy! Please let us know how you liked the movie!

Well, I liked it. I didn't like missing half of it to read subtitles, but hey, so goes life. That's what I get for only speaking two languages, english and bad spanish.

I think I'll go watch the Canadian one now, after all, it's 1:40AM and I don't have to get up until 5:30AM. Woohoo, sleepin in today. nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
Don't worry, i thought it was better, once i shut down sounds and just read subtitles.
Aside from the Scene with the Troll. "Capable? I'll give you capable!". That was Epic ^^
Backgammon
I liked it, all pretty good. In the Matrix scene, the first matrix building construct thing you see is the arcology from Blade Runner. Cute wink.gif
Sponge
Very nice Enno smile.gif Thanks for sharing!

mog999
Great work on both films! Thanks for sharing them!
Mickle5125
excellent job on both films. I enjoyed the varying interpretations.
Captain Aardvark
I actualy own Tor3, and it was worth the money I spent on it. Great film.
BishopMcQ
Overall, I really like the movie. (Addressing Tor3 in this post.) Though I did have two quick questions:

1-The 'capable, I'll show you capable" quote reminded me of a game I was taught in France, "cap ou pas cap" (it's kind like daring people in America). Do the Germans play a similar game? If so, what's it called?

2-The ending to me, felt a lot like the ending of Ronin. Was it intentional? Did anyone get that feeling?
Tachi
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 17 2009, 09:08 PM) *
2-The ending to me, felt a lot like the ending of Ronin. Was it intentional? Did anyone get that feeling?

Fuckin Ronin, that's the movie I've been tryin to remember since I watched Tor3. I knew the ending rememded me of another movie, it was right at the tip of my cerebellum, I just couldn't get to it. Thanks McQ, that's been driving me nuts. Yeah, you can say it definately reminded me of Ronin.

I watched Crossing Shadows like I said I would above. I really liked the beginning, inside the SRverse. The end was pretty damn funny.
Favorite line: "15 minutes? Could you wait a little while? I'm having dinner with my Mom." Or something to that effect. I LOLed, hard.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 18 2009, 04:08 AM) *
Overall, I really like the movie. (Addressing Tor3 in this post.) Though I did have two quick questions:

1-The 'capable, I'll show you capable" quote reminded me of a game I was taught in France, "cap ou pas cap" (it's kind like daring people in America). Do the Germans play a similar game? If so, what's it called?

Every Country seems to have such a game. And we are no exception from that rule. It has different Names, not one specific.
PBTHHHHT
Just watched it, very enjoyable.

One thought...

[ Spoiler ]
Stahlseele
And now think about what the Police and all those other Drones must think, when they See dressed in Black Trenchcoats, with (mirrored) shades, big Sports/duffle bags looking and acting all suspicious . .
eggbert
Yeah, that's why we always have crew people wearing bright traffic vests to make it visible from afar that this is a movie-set. (And when we wrote the script, there was one paradigm: No shades, but that's just because we couldn't stand the neo-matrix-wannabees posing in front of their daddy's camera anymore ... )

BishopMQ, a lot of people have pointed that out to us as well, and you're perfectly right, although I can say that the similarity to Ronin was not intended. The "capable" scene is just an insider-gag, we needed the troll to say something that sounded like trouble. ork.gif
Stahlseele
And it sounded oh so very trollish too ^^
Looked the part too, if you only got a short glance.
Looking at it for longer and looking closer, it's more orky.
But eh, there's not enough 2.5 to 3m tall people around.
And the locations would not fit either, so it's okay *grin*
Tachi
QUOTE (eggbert @ Sep 18 2009, 02:11 PM) *
The "capable" scene is just an insider-gag

You mean like the characters names...
John...
Paul...
George...
Ringo...
and of course,
Yoko?

LOL

Don't tell me I'm the only one who got that folks. I'm nowhere near the oldest person here, I can't be the only one who noticed. Or, am I?
Stahlseele
Nope, i got that.
And i don't even like them all that much . .
Tachi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 18 2009, 03:33 PM) *
Nope, i got that.
And i don't even like them all that much . .

I can't fucking stand them. Which is strange, cuz I usually like Brits.
They're lucky none of them ever wandered into my sight picture. I might have had to take the shot and make the world a better place. cool.gif
Stahlseele
Yeah, i don't know what people find with that music either . . As for Brits . . The Isle Apes . . Well, let's just say i might not think it to be a waste of ammo to shoot at one, even if i might miss ^^
Tachi
If my ancestors hadn't had the good sense to get off those islands (or in some cases, be thrown out) a few hundred years ago, I might take offense to that. nyahnyah.gif
Consequently, one of my ancestors has the dubious honor to be the only man (as far as I know) to be imprisoned in the Tower of London for treason, twice.
eggbert
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 18 2009, 09:30 PM) *
And it sounded oh so very trollish too ^^
Looked the part too, if you only got a short glance.
Looking at it for longer and looking closer, it's more orky.
But eh, there's not enough 2.5 to 3m tall people around.
And the locations would not fit either, so it's okay *grin*

Hehe, in fact, we had tried putting him up on stilts, but then he wouldn't have been able to stand straight. spin.gif
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Tachi @ Sep 18 2009, 04:37 PM) *
I can't fucking stand them. Which is strange, cuz I usually like Brits.
They're lucky none of them ever wandered into my sight picture. I might have had to take the shot and make the world a better place. cool.gif

Bad joke (but I just had to say it)... but you're too late, someone else already beat ya to it, at least for one of them. wink.gif
CanadianWolverine
I am so glad I stumbled across this thread, Crossing Shadows was oh so sweet. Suddenly I have a desire to travel to Montreal and try to get some fellow SR fan autographs.

Then I notice something about a fan film from Germany too? That is definitely on my list of "Things To Watch" now. smile.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Tachi @ Sep 18 2009, 09:44 PM) *
You mean like the characters names...
John...
Paul...
George...
Ringo...
and of course,
Yoko?

LOL

Don't tell me I'm the only one who got that folks. I'm nowhere near the oldest person here, I can't be the only one who noticed. Or, am I?

did not pay attention, but then again i got a problem with names...

now that you list them like that, i see the obvious wink.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT @ Sep 19 2009, 12:55 AM) *
Bad joke (but I just had to say it)... but you're too late, someone else already beat ya to it, at least for one of them. wink.gif

and thats to bad, as he was probably the most interesting of the bunch...
hobgoblin
btw, i think crossing shadows would have been better without the sudden switch to the game table...
Stahlseele
QUOTE (eggbert @ Sep 19 2009, 12:51 AM) *
Hehe, in fact, we had tried putting him up on stilts, but then he wouldn't have been able to stand straight. spin.gif

Which is, basically, what trolls have to content with every day, so it would have been in setting . . but i can see your point ^^
Tachi
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Sep 19 2009, 01:22 AM) *
did not pay attention, but then again i got a problem with names...

now that you list them like that, i see the obvious wink.gif

I didn't notice it immediately myself. I was driving to campus (an hour and a half away) and let my mind wander, and suddenly, it hit me.

eggbert:
You know, if you really wanted to be funny on that one, you should have put Yoko in charge, or had him screw up the whole run, or be a traitor. hehe
eggbert
hehe, yeah that would indeed have been funny. believe me, a lot of such jokes came up during script writing. (at one point, we even thought about introducing a antagonist team made up from stones's names ... silly.gif )

we didn't want to take it too far though. the names are aliases of course, like mr. pink, mr. brown etc. in reservoir dogs. we wanted the whole movie to not put too much emphasis on a particular group of runners (we didn't like it when in some other fanfilms when people seemed to just want to see their own character sheet running around), or on a particular run, but on the general feeling how professional runners work, how life in the shadows is, and how quickly glory and fame can fade away all of a sudden when you're running the shadows, hunted down by merciless, faceless tacteams ...
nezumi
Just finished watching the german movie Tor 3.

What is 'the Zonk'??
Stahlseele
It's from a German Game-Show.
Most of the time, you got to chose something.
Either a Gate or an envelope.
And you got to keep what's in there.
While the Host tried to haggle with you.
Without knowing what's in where either.
And in one Envelope/behind one gate, there was the Zonk.
Basically, an fugly plushy toy. Worthless.
But before they open your thing, they show you what you did NOT get.
And if you got THE ZONK, you lost.
hobgoblin
i other words:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem
eggbert
Exactly. "Pulling the Zonk" was/is kind of a lingo for bad luck here in Germany. And that's basically the bottom line of "Tor 3": You can be the best runner ever, but even you are not immune to the odds.
klavis
I was wondering, in Crossing Shadows, what kind of beer were they drinking, we could never make out the name?
olivier
QUOTE (klavis @ Sep 20 2009, 10:44 PM) *
I was wondering, in Crossing Shadows, what kind of beer were they drinking, we could never make out the name?

The beer is called TOXIC. I have a custom made case of 24 for all my films with beer in it.

Tor3 looks goooood! I'll watch it tonight.
eggbert
Great! We'd love to hear your views on this!

We have a version with french subtitles as well, if you want to watch that ... (I'd need to upload it first, however.)
Stahlseele
Ahem, allow me:"It is WRONG to be french!" *runs*
pbangarth
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 28 2009, 09:50 AM) *

Wow. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were from Alberta. (Inside joke for Canadians.)
Stahlseele
Here i thought i was channeling Al Bundy O.o
eggbert
and they should bring back the word "stewardesses" biggrin.gif
CanadianWolverine
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 28 2009, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 28 2009, 09:15 PM) *
Wow. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were from Alberta. (Inside joke for Canadians.)

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 29 2009, 12:35 AM) *

You would be surprised how close those two things resemble each other... wink.gif nyahnyah.gif
pbangarth

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 28 2009, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 29 2009, 12:35 AM) *
QUOTE (CanadianWolverine @ Sep 29 2009, 02:49 PM) *
You would be surprised how close those two things resemble each other... wink.gif nyahnyah.gif

Currently I live in a small town 2 hours north-west of Edmonton. Nope, no surprise at all. It actually is a really interesting social study. There are a lot of well-educated, classy women; teachers, administrators, business owners, whatever; who hang with men who are, well ... not in their league. The reality is that the oil-and-gas industry and the lumber industry will accept boys who have not finished high school and give them really, really good paying jobs. There is little incentive for men to be educated there, so a high percentage of them are not. The women take what they can get.

Nobody tells the boys what will happen when the resource sector takes its regular nose-dive. I see some of those men sweeping floors in the grocery-chain store.
hobgoblin
if you can fit one end of a pipe into another, you got a job as long as they are construction the places...
pbangarth
That's just it. When construction stops during downturns, the first to be laid off are the ones who can't do anything except fit one pipe into another.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 1 2009, 01:26 PM) *
That's just it. When construction stops during downturns, the first to be laid off are the ones who can't do anything except fit one pipe into another.

I can fit a pipe into something alright.

Completely sophomoric and totally required.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 1 2009, 08:26 PM) *

my point exactly...
Silverback
I just watched Crossing Shadows and I have to say:
AWESOME!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012