Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hacking hacking hacking
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Aaron
QUOTE (Tarantula)
deek, You can't just switch to AR for the same reason you can't jack out. Now, I'd rule that you could switch to AR and take dumpshock (just like you can make the test to try to physically pull your plug and eat dumpshock).

I agree. It depends on what is jammed by the black IC. If it's just the connection, then yeah, you can flip into AR and be safe. In my games, black IC also jams the sim module, so your only option is to try to jack out.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Nightwalker450)
I really dislike the idea of AR hacking. Looses the flavor, the face on my team has wired reflexes and decent computer skill... So he moves at the same speed as I do via Hot Sim, with AR.

heh, watch cowboy bebop, the movie. check the guy with the keyboard on his hip wink.gif
deek
QUOTE (Tarantula)
deek, You can't just switch to AR for the same reason you can't jack out. Now, I'd rule that you could switch to AR and take dumpshock (just like you can make the test to try to physically pull your plug and eat dumpshock).

I understand what you are saying, but I couldn't find anything in RAW to support that. It simply says that your connection is jammed open...

An open connection is pretty dangerous, IMO, because you are going to get traced and found...
Tarantula
"Users who jack out immediately suffer dumpshock." Since you have to be in VR to get dumpshock, but you are dumpshocked no matter what by the black ic on a successful jackout, then you are obviously stuck in VR.
Ryu
While I must say that the Attack from Black IC section should not be taken literally - because of this problem - the intent should be clear. The SIM module can´t change its mode, so you can´t leave VR, and should not even be able to switch VR mode. Everything else makes no sense.
Tarantula
It does say "subvert the sim interface and jam the connection open." Could just read that as disabling your control of the sim module while they jam your connection open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012