Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's 24 December 2071...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ancient History
Neon lights reflect off shiny green wrapping like verdigris and ancient chrome. A ribbon the color of old blood ends in a bow more complicated than the virginity knot of a trained geisha. The package Mr. Johnson hands you is the size and heft of an adobe brick.

Micromillimeter radar bounces and bores through the foil, returning useless garbled crap in your image link. The chemsniffers have gone mad and question marks sidescroll along the bottom of your vision. You don't have to take a sniff to know your enhanced olfactory vision won't reveal a thing. Next to you in the booth, the shaman has started to whimper like a wounded dog and shy into the corner, as far away from it as possible.

Not that you expected anything less. You don't have to ask what's in it. You already know.

Fruitcake.
toturi
And Merry Christmas to you too.
apollo124
And the 100 nuyen.gif question is...to whom does it go now?
kzt
It's not soy. lick.gif
BookWyrm
Obviously it's going to someone the Mr. Johnson doesn't like.
hobgoblin
those lizards and their mind games, bah humbug...
knasser

Nice one.

Someday, I'm going to send my players on the Fruitcake run just for the degree to which it will mess with their minds.
Ancient History
I may be alone in having worked up stats for the Fruitcake.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Ancient History)

That happens to things left in the fridge for too long...
Magus
Where is the fruitcake run? I remember reading it once upon a time.
Aaron
After all this time, it even has a flavor in astral space.
Ophis
QUOTE (Ancient History)

Care to share them sir?

Happy Yuletide to all.
Ancient History
[ Spoiler ]

Magus
So that is the Origen of Fortune? His father ate Alamaise's Fruitcake!!

Woweee.
apollo124
So I ask again...Who's fruitcake is it, anyway? Ghostwalker?
Although, I'm not sure if I would try the one he would probably send back, he creeps me out.
Fortune
QUOTE (Magus)

Never dine with a Dragon. wink.gif
Kyoto Kid
...I'd hate to even imagine the one Harlequin bakes up. Send you on another metaplanar quest to take on the legion of Evil Shedim Santas or something like that. grinbig.gif

BTW Happy Christmas to all

ic.gif "...oh, and pilgrim, never, ever trust an elf...especially them ones who say they only make the toys."
Spike
Just for that I will be personally sending each and every one of you exactly ONE loaf of my Great Grandmother's Secret Recepie Fruit Cake.

Which I, for one, happen to love.

But if, by this time next year, you have not actually EATEN the GGSRFC, feel free to mail it to someone else on this forum, I assure you that while it may no longer be moist and chewy, it is still quite edible.

Depending upon how you, personally, define 'edible'.

Ryu
Happy X-Mass days and good run-free loot for you all!

I want the GGSRFC-recipe, too!
Ophis
Thanks for that AH. Now I want to find and eat the big D version. After learning to Astral Project.
ElFenrir
Those fruitcakes actually sound fun. Im surprised, though, that they havn't began using fruitcake to rebuild the Barrens in lieu of plascrete.

And merry christmas all, hyvää joulua.
MITJA3000+
Come on AH, tell us who's playing the fruitcake-game with Alamais now?

QUOTE (ElFenrir)
And merry christmas all, hyvää joulua.

HYVÄÄ JOULUA! Ja onnellista uutta vuotta.

Merry Christmas.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Dec 24 2007, 01:39 PM)
[ Spoiler ]

But what are their Barrier Ratings?
Ancient History
You can cut it with a monosword. smile.gif

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
Fortune
Ho Ho Ho!

Gotta ask Santa for a Minigun next year.
Zhan Shi
There is an apocryphal story from the American Revolution. Supposedly, the Marquis de Lafayette reported to George Washington that the army was running low on ammunition. Washington replied, "We have plenty of fruitcake, don't we? Make use of it."
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Magus @ Dec 25 2007, 04:57 AM)

Never dine with a Dragon. wink.gif

Or if you do, at least have this & this.
apollo124
My God, you can find anything online, can't you?
knasser
QUOTE (apollo124)
My God, you can find anything online, can't you?
Whipstitch
Ah yes, Archie McPhee.

I've always been fond of the Avenging Unicorn Playset
Eurotroll
The cake is a lie. indifferent.gif
BookWyrm
All praise to McPhee.com!

My GF gave me the Freeloader Fork as a thank-you last year, and when she told me a vendor in Coney Island had the Sneaky Spoon, the next chance I had to get out there & went & picked it up. biggrin.gif rotfl.gif grinbig.gif
Magus
So can anyone point me to where I can find this run? I would love to send my runners thru this. I am going to have to change it up a bit as our games are based in London.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012