Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Allergies
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Fortune
Ok, so there are a number of people that bitch about gold or silver being a valid material for this Quality. Of course, there will always be someone that bitches about any material ... biggrin.gif

That being said, I am quite interested in hearing about some of the other Allergies that people have used for their characters, and possibly any consequences or subsequent house rulings that may have arisen due to those choices.
kzt
Sawdust, synthetic alcohol, dust, and sulfites are what I remember. I don't remember anything special ever happening in game.
Jhaiisiin
I know I took a character with fairly hefty Allergy: Pollutants that I had subsequently take the Sterilize spell and kept an Air Spirit on tap at all times to keep him clear of all the offending particles. It was a nice way of avoiding it, but at a pretty hefty cost.

I know another player once had an allergy to Natural: Oak. Guy was happy as a clam with the "useless" allergy until a grenade detonated part of a nearby tree on an encounter in the wilderness and set him up with a few more modifiers than would have usually shown up due to just shrapnel.

Those are the only two that've stuck out for me off the top of my head.

EDIT: Had another character with an allergy to Natural leather, a different one with the same to synthetic leather. The latter of course had so much fun when their friends hugged them. "Hey man, how's it going?" *character puffs up* "Oops. forgot!"
Dashifen
My wife is allergic to nickel, so I don't see why gold or silver couldn't be a possibility. Regardless, I always hated the sunlight allergy until I found out that it actually exists.

Allergies haven't been as prevelant in my games as Addictions and, since Augmentation, Phobias. I guess people are always afraid that I can work in an allergy regardless of how careful they are to avoid the allergen.
Momijizukamori
Nuts, which thus far hasn't come up (ah, the wonders of a soy and krill diet). I think a lot of the problems with this quality come from the fact that the rules don't always reflect the way allergies work IRL - I know nickel came up in the Sample Characters thread as being way too harsh, but nickel allergies are pretty common (as is gold, according to Wiki). The thing is, contact allergies, which nickel and gold usually are, don't usually work the same way as say, food allergies, which seems to be more what the rules model, and generally aren't nearly as harsh (ie, I've got a mild nickel allergy - I get a rash, which is annoying, but not really detrimental at all)
Jaid
i always figured the allergy is gonna come up anyways... i mean, honestly, i wouldn't make an *uncouth character and expect the GM to make sure i never have to make any social checks.

negative qualities return BP to you for taking them because they are supposed to be drawbacks. as far as it goes, the drawback for an allergy is nowhere near as bad as the drawbacks of some of the other negative qualities anyways (some of which basically may as well have as their text: 'you fail shadowrun. please destroy your character sheet and try again.')

*actually, i just wouldn't make an uncouth character, but that's beside the point wink.gif
hyzmarca
http://coolnurse.healthology.com/sexual-he...article1664.htm

It's either the perfect free points Allergy or a one way trip to the creepiest and most uncomfortable gaming session that you have ever had.
Karaden
QUOTE (Dashifen)
My wife is allergic to nickel, so I don't see why gold or silver couldn't be a possibility. Regardless, I always hated the sunlight allergy until I found out that it actually exists.

Allergies haven't been as prevelant in my games as Addictions and, since Augmentation, Phobias. I guess people are always afraid that I can work in an allergy regardless of how careful they are to avoid the allergen.

You didn't know about that? Besides that there are also albinos, who have no skin or eye pigmintation, so sunlight hurts their eyes and they get sunburns in about 3 seconds of exposure. Now, which it is for any given character is up for grabs.

As an interesting note, I personally have a sunlight allergy (Or just extra sensitive to it, whatever), though it wouldn't even net me BP, as I just sneeze alot when I'm subjected to it, and it hurts my eyes more then most people. Maybe like a 2 pointer with -1 DPs but that is about it.

P.S. Phobia's are -technically- only for cyberzombies and the other guys, though why I'm not sure, so I think most GMs just rule it that anyone can take them (makes plenty of sense). But you know, I think part of the reason addictions and phobias are more common is because they actually build the character some. X is afraid of blood because his mom was brutally murdered in front of him or something like that is much cooler then 'he is allergic to gold...'
Fortune
QUOTE (Karaden)
P.S. Phobia's are -technically- only for cyberzombies and the other guys, though why I'm not sure, so I think most GMs just rule it that anyone can take them (makes plenty of sense).

QUOTE (Augmentation pg. 163)
Some of the following qualities may also be applicable to non-cyborg or cyberzombie characters, though the gamemaster should use his discretion on which to allow in his game.
Glyph
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Allergies haven't been as prevelant in my games as Addictions and, since Augmentation, Phobias.  I guess people are always afraid that I can work in an allergy regardless of how careful they are to avoid the allergen.

If I take an allergy, I will take it for something like silver or seawater that the character will run into occasionally, without the GM having to make an extra effort to have it show up.

People who take really rare or obscure allergies, hoping for free points, are only shooting themselves in the foot. That kind of thing encourages the GM to find a way to mess up the character with that allergy.
Nasrudith
I made an elven face with a soy allergy. I chose moderate level because I didn't want to die from an accidental soycaf or soypie to the face.
DTFarstar
Ork Hedge Witch with Allergy: Soy Moderate.

MY problem with the gold allergy is that gold is non-reactive. Most gold contact allergies are actually allergies to nickel or some other impurity often found in gold. Generally if you took the gold and completely purified it then that person would no long react to it.

Chris
Inu
No reason allergies can't be mystical in origin. Gold and silver have all kinds of magical connotations that could explain allergies in individuals (particularly awakened humans or metas).
DTFarstar
I realize that, which is why I do let my players take it, but it still just bothers me for some reason.

Chris
Stahlseele
most(if not all of my characters) get the common moderate allergy against Dog(hair) and the subsequent phobia on light, because i HATE dogs in real life <.<. .
if i have to stay stealthy in character with dogs around you'll see a 3m tall troll backing off from a little chihauhauhau(no idea how those abominations are spelled) . . if i am not needed to keep queit i will most likely unload one Burst from either Viper slivergun, Savalette Guardian or Franchi SPAS-22 into the unlucky critter *g*
FrankTrollman
Silver Allergies I have no problem with. But people seriously should put Nickel Allergy instead of "Gold Allergy". While surgical steel contains nickel, it is sufficiently tightly bound that allergies to surgical steel are different. This doesn't mean that they aren't real - they totally are, it's just extremely rare.

-Frank
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (Glyph)
People who take really rare or obscure allergies, hoping for free points, are only shooting themselves in the foot. That kind of thing encourages the GM to find a way to mess up the character with that allergy.

The reaction of about 90% of people upon hearing that I have a peanut allergy is: "So if I ever want to kill you, I should force feed you peanut butter sandwiches?" And of course, no. If you want to kill me, you should slit my throat or something. I'm a person, not James Bond. Plots to kill me don't need to involve strapping me to a chair and force feeding things.

So yes, I think that's most people's first reaction, including a lot of GMs, probably. But I don't think that's really shooting yourself in the foot. As a shadowrunner, I would much rather worry about avoiding corporate goons trying to force feed me peanut butter than worry about them whipping out guns and shooting me in the head.
Jaid
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue)
QUOTE (Glyph @ Jan 2 2008, 10:07 PM)
People who take really rare or obscure allergies, hoping for free points, are only shooting themselves in the foot.  That kind of thing encourages the GM to find a way to mess up the character with that allergy.

The reaction of about 90% of people upon hearing that I have a peanut allergy is: "So if I ever want to kill you, I should force feed you peanut butter sandwiches?"

90% of the people who find out about your allergy immediately plot your demise when they find out your weakness?

maybe you should stop telling those people about it, and find other people to hang around =P

either that, or stop doing whatever it is that's making 90% of those people want to kill you wink.gif
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jan 3 2008, 04:26 PM)
90% of the people who find out about your allergy immediately plot your demise when they find out your weakness?

Yeah, I get pissed off about it, too.

maybe you should stop telling those people about it, and find other people to hang around =P

I've tried, but it comes up surprisingly often. Like when a pretty lady eats a peanut butter sandwich and then wants to make out with me, and I don't want to be all rude and make her think I hate her. (ok, so women rarely want anything to do with me, but in the past, EVERY time they have, they just happen to have peanut butter on their breath--maybe that's just me being subconsciously attracted to my own demise, but whatever--write SR rules for THAT)

either that, or stop doing whatever it is that's making 90% of those people want to kill you wink.gif

What are you, a square? I've just got to be me!
Riley37
Some GMs allow broadly defined allergies: anything that will result in you taking the appropriate penalties. I'm writing an illusionist who has Simsense Vertigo and also Allergy to Sensory Overload; if he walks down the street in Vega$, all the bright flashing lights and noises will give him penalties, because his senses are geared for a much sublter level and it *hurts*. Even after he gets to someplace quieter, he'll still have a headache for a while.

A technomage could have an Allergy to Jamming. When you turn on that R10 signal jammer, the headache could drop her to the floor.

Magical allergies are good fluff. A druid type (nature shaman) could be allergic to toxic aspect... and a toxic entity could be allergic to clean runnning water. Vampires classically have several allergies: sunlight, garlic, and manifestations of the Redeeming Lord (that's how Bram Stoker wrote it, his conception of holiness was quite specific, mine is much broader).

Back to chemical reactions, Wikipedia article says formaldehyde is a common allergen, which could come up in medical labs and hospitals, and it's in other industrial chemicals.

There's a Gibson short story in which parents have their daughter subjected to a conditioning process that makes her painfully averse to touch, especially sexual touch. Yuck. But it could count, for those corp-raised characters: you'd reflexively struggle against being carried over your teammate's shoulder when they're lugging your wounded ass out of a firefight, and good luck getting through the day in Latino culture without offending someone by flinching from a hug, or Quebec culture if you won't kiss your friend's cheek. (face cheek, that is) Same process could give someone a bad reaction to any of the recreational drugs, and that might make it hard to benefit from Cram, Jazz, Nitro, Deepweed, etc. "Just Say No - Or Else".
Stahlseele
EVERY time they have, they just happen to have peanut butter on their breath--maybe that's just me being subconsciously attracted to my own demise

or they REALLY are out for you . . dunn dunn duunn!!! *g*
people are funny like that . . i have the same with a budy of mine, he's allergic to . . heck if i can remember that, but it is something more or less common . . and the first time i heard about it i thought of ways how to use that against him somehow . . and i LIKE him x.x . .
hyzmarca
The fun thing about the peanut allergy is that the GM can suddenly decide to give you a campaign in the CAS, more specifically the peanut belt. And while your initial Shadowrun against the University of Georgia Center for Peanut Competitiveness seems odd but plausible, the campaign's climax takes place in a Willy Wonka style peanut factory with rivers of peanut oil, walls and doors made of peanuts, and carnivorous orange midgets slathered in peanut butter - all commanded by a Master Shedim inhabiting the remains of George Washington Carver: a Master Shedim who wields a molten peanut-butter cannon in a battle on a peanut-brittle bridge over a perfect peanut replica of Reichenbach Falls.
Cthulhudreams
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
The fun thing about the peanut allergy is that the GM can suddenly decide to give you a campaign in the CAS, more specifically the peanut belt. And while your initial Shadowrun against the University of Georgia Center for Peanut Competitiveness seems odd but plausible the campaign's climax takes place in a Willy Wonka style peanut factory with rivers of peanut oil walls and doors made of peanuts and carnivorous orange midgets slathered in peanut butter all commanded by a Master Shedim inhabitating the remains of George Washington Carver who wields a molten peanut-butter cannon in a battle on a peanut-brittle bridge over a perfect peanut replica of Reichenbach Falls.

Awesome
toturi
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Jan 3 2008, 09:44 PM)
The fun thing about the peanut allergy is that the GM can suddenly decide to give you a campaign in the CAS, more specifically the peanut belt.  And while your initial Shadowrun against the University of Georgia Center for Peanut Competitiveness seems odd but plausible the campaign's climax takes place in a Willy Wonka style peanut factory with rivers of peanut oil walls and doors made of peanuts and carnivorous orange midgets slathered in peanut butter all commanded by a Master Shedim inhabitating the remains of George Washington Carver who wields a molten peanut-butter cannon in a battle on a peanut-brittle bridge over a perfect peanut replica of Reichenbach Falls.

Awesome

QFT.
CircuitBoyBlue
Actually, I can sort of see this happening. In 2070, peanuts will probably be almost non-existant in commercial food, because everybody's going to be allergic to them. I remember when I was a little kid, nobody'd heard of food allergies in general (I'm amazed I survived, because in kindergarten they were always trying to tell us to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and I used to get in trouble for refusing--the teacher thought "allergic" was a fancy word my parents had taught me for "I don't like this"). But then people started dying eating Skyline chilli. And now, crap tons of people have the allergy. My allergist says it's something to do with the way we process them here that makes them extra allergenic. The point is, the percentage of people with the allergy is rapidly increasing.

Anyway, I can imagine peanuts being almost completely off the market, but I bet there will always be die-hard peanut enthusiasts. And I bet they're the type of eccentric that would build a Peanut Palace. I just wouldn't want to do a smash and grab there smile.gif
Stahlseele
the teacher thought "allergic" was a fancy word my parents had taught me for "I don't like this"

only in america O.o
Kyoto Kid
...yeah the Short One (#85) has an allergy to meat (uncommon/moderate). The GM considered of setting part of a run take place in a packing plant and having the workers use those air bazookas (like they use at basketball games for shooting T-shirts into the stands) to launch raw meatballs at her. That would have been real baaaaaad. grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
uhm . . if it is FOOD allergy against meat it only counts if INGESTED . . if it is GENERAL ALLERGY . . she'd be allergic to her own Body-MEAT O.o;,
CircuitBoyBlue
No, food allergies suck if you touch the substance. They suck bigtime. If the Short One was as allergic to meat as I was to peanuts, then a meatball to the neck or face could very well kill him(though slowly), and a meatball anywhere on exposed skill would be enough to distract him heavily.
Kyoto Kid
...CBB is correct. I have read of such cases when I proofed Medical Journal text while working at a company that built indexed libraries on CD.

At one point when we were on a stakeout one of the team members went on a food run forgetting about the Short One's allergy. When she opened the bag she was given and got a whiff of the half pound BigMick, the GM assigned her a -2 penalty for the rest of the (in game) night.

I have developed a mild sensitivity ("5 BP" version) to eggs. In baked goods it is not so much an issue, but eggs by themselves or "real" mayo, and I'm done for the rest of the day pretty much. Damn I miss French Toast smothered in real maple syrup. grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
hu? @.@
i figured out what my buddy is allergic to . . certain types of meat, incidentally . . but he can touch and work it just fine . . only problem arises if he eats any of that stuff . . he basically keels over the next toilet and plays dead for one or two days . . but as long as it does not actually enter his body he is perfectly fine being dumped into(don't ask) or having been pelted by(seriously . . DON'T ASK!) the stuff . .
Kyoto Kid
...what we are dealing with here is the degree and type of sensitivity. KK's is pretty severe in that even the smell of it cooking causes her to become slightly nauseated. Fortunately in 2070, meat is not all that commonplace though flavourings and byproduct additives can still be enough to trigger a reaction in some people.

Also if you touch the substance and later put your hands to your face forgetting (as the Short One is capable of with her Logic rating), you can still ingest enough given the severity of the allergy to cause a reaction.
CircuitBoyBlue
Like I said, I can personally vouch for reacitons being caused by contact. Without getting into specifics, I've had a date go horribly, horribly wrong.

Also, another accidental exposure I've had problems with is when someone told me to eat some awful thing called a "Chico stick" when I was about 7. It was orange, but so processed that you couldn't really tell by texture or smell that it had peanuts in it. But an allergic tongue is a pretty great chemical detector, and immediately after biting off a mouthful, I realized what had happened and started spitting it all out. Unfortunately, in my panicked haste, I was spitting it all over myself. Luckily, since I was only 7 at the time, I can look back on this with more amusement than I or my mother had at the time, but wherever my spittle landed immediately broke out into a bright orange, blistering rash. I also vaguely recall some other stupid little kid touching me with peanut buttery hands in daycare, and me having a handprint rash. Cool stuff, if you have good recall but terrible emotional memory.
Feshy
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
The fun thing about the peanut allergy is that the GM can suddenly decide to give you a campaign in the CAS, more specifically the peanut belt. And while your initial Shadowrun against the University of Georgia Center for Peanut Competitiveness seems odd but plausible, the campaign's climax takes place in a Willy Wonka style peanut factory with rivers of peanut oil, walls and doors made of peanuts, and carnivorous orange midgets slathered in peanut butter - all commanded by a Master Shedim inhabiting the remains of George Washington Carver: a Master Shedim who wields a molten peanut-butter cannon in a battle on a peanut-brittle bridge over a perfect peanut replica of Reichenbach Falls.

That's certainly a lot more elaborate than just having every plant spirit summoned have a 1 in 6 chance of being a peanut plant.

It's also totally awsome.
Fortune
QUOTE (Stahlseele)
the teacher thought "allergic" was a fancy word my parents had taught me for "I don't like this"

only in america O.o

Nope. I've heard pretty much the exact same type of stories from people who grew up in Germany, France, Australia, England, New Zealand, Canada, Sweden, Japan, Spain, and on and on. It's quite easy to dismiss something strange or new as false or a lie if you've never heard of the phenomenon.
Stahlseele
what the heck? O.o
i seem to have been leading a sheltered life in the nimbus of intelligence then . . 'cause people in all places i was made to go at least ONCE asked me of ANY allergies . .
Fortune
Maybe your age has something to do with it. 35 or 40 years ago when I was going to school things were quite a bit different. wink.gif
Whipstitch
Yeah, blaming it on America is pretty lame. You do have to remember that a lot of kids like to exagerrate and will happily try saying that they are allergic if they think it might get them out of eating something they don't like. My sister used to try it all the time. No idea why she thought it'd work, but that's 7 year olds for you. While it's certainly presumptuous and potentially dangerous to assume kids are merely always being manipulative on this subject, it isn't exactly like the notion comes flying out of a vacuum either.
Mongoose
QUOTE (Riley37)
Some GMs allow broadly defined allergies: anything that will result in you taking the appropriate penalties. I'm writing an illusionist who has Simsense Vertigo and also Allergy to Sensory Overload; if he walks down the street in Vega$, all the bright flashing lights and noises will give him penalties, because his senses are geared for a much sublter level and it *hurts*. Even after he gets to someplace quieter, he'll still have a headache for a while.

Strangley enough, I made a character who had a "reality vertigo" problem. I used the allergy rules, only applied to the absence of AR or VR input instead of a substance. Basically, any task I couldn't relate to use of AR or VR, he got a 2 dice penalty. I figured it would be pretty rare and preventable (given that he was a hacker), but no rarer or more preventable than exposure to gold.
Stahlseele
as for fluff reasons you'd be pretty much spot on with that . .
fluff says HUGE parts of the general populace are analphabets and get by using pictograms and voice input and things like that . . such people would not know how to do most things without such technology available O.o
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Mongoose)
QUOTE (Riley37 @ Jan 3 2008, 10:06 PM)

Strangley enough, I made a character who had a "reality vertigo" problem. I used the allergy rules, only applied to the absence of AR or VR input instead of a substance. Basically, any task I couldn't relate to use of AR or VR, he got a 2 dice penalty. I figured it would be pretty rare and preventable (given that he was a hacker), but no rarer or more preventable than exposure to gold.

That's a neat one, I like that.
Moya
What are allergies? An allergy is an abnormal reaction by a person's immune system against a normally harmless substance. A person without allergies would have no reaction to this substance, but when a person who is allergic encounters the trigger, the body reacts by releasing chemicals which cause allergy symptoms.

It is unknown why some people develop allergies and some don’t. Allergies seem to run in families, and in some cases family members can share allergies to specific foods or medications. It appears that the allergic response was once meant to protect the body against parasitic infections, although now seems to be an abnormal response to non-infectious triggers. Allergies can occur at any time during our lives, but are more common to occur during childhood or young adulthood. 40% of us have some sort of allergy.

What can cause you to get an allergic reaction? There are 4 different methods of exposure. Some allergens manifest in only one or a few of these methods but they generally they are categorized by method of exposure. There are Contact (touching), Inhalation (breathing), Ingestion (eating) and Injection (bee sting).

What do allergies do? Rash, itchy/watery eyes, nasal and chest congestion are the most common and mild symptoms of an allergic reaction. Severe itch and difficulty breathing are more severe. In extreme cases victims suffer from anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock. Varying degrees of swelling that can make breathing and swallowing difficult or impossible abdominal pain, cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, mental confusion or dizziness can all be symptoms of anaphylaxis and can be disabling.

What can we be allergic to? Just about anything is capable of causing your antibodies to go on overkill. The most common contact and inhalation allergens are, pet dander and pollen. Injected allergens usually take the form of insect bites and some vaccines that may carry proteins that cause allergies. Food allergies are also very common and are usually associated with peanuts and other nuts, seafood (such as shrimp), milk (particularly cow's milk), eggs, soy and wheat. It is extremely rare to be allergic to metals, plastics or other such substances.

In the awakened world you have several new kinds of artificial and magical materials in the atmosphere. Not to mention the aftermath of volcanoes and whatever other mixture of natural disaster/pollution our new governments and megacorps may be responsible for. Exposure to various chemicals would be constant. Most of our foodstuffs are pretty uniformally made of the same base proteins (proteins are the most common sources of allergies).

Cybertechnology might also form some new problems as drugs need to be created to make the body accept these foreign objects in the body. These drugs would go a long way to alter and weaken immune systems in order to allow for the intrusion of cybertech.

Changes in our immune systems may have also been caused by the several VITAS plagues. Constant exposure to irritants would wreak havoc on metahuman immune systems and most likely cause a wide variety of allergies and other medical conditions. Those who are learned in the metabiology know that certain awakened creatures have special allergic sensitivities. For example, werecreatures are known to have a strong allergic reaction to silver. Those infected with vampirism have sensitivity to sunlight.

Allergies are not a trivial thing. They have a constant effect on peoples lives and can be possibly life threatening. They should be treated as such. Nobody should ever be “better off� for being allergic to something.
Cthulhudreams
QUOTE (Moya)
Allergies are not a trivial thing. They have a constant effect on peoples lives and can be possibly life threatening. They should be treated as such. Nobody should ever be “better off� for being allergic to something.

Excet I can totally have an extra point of magic thanks to that allergy. Total no brainer wink.gif
Nikoli
Yeah, i found out the hard way I have a food allergy to raw tomoato (either the juice or the pulp, no real desire to ascertain which). Injestion pretty much plants me on a toilet for a few hours. Contact with the stuff raises welts, though if I have a ready source of water (such as during resturant style food prep) I'm roughly okay. Though the day I accidentally ran my hand into the tomato slicer blades after I had just finished prepping a few dozen pretty much finished me for the day.

Funny thing is, I love ketchup and marinarra and arrabiata sauces. something about cooking the stuff renders it harmless.
Karaden
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Yeah, i found out the hard way I have a food allergy to raw tomoato (either the juice or the pulp, no real desire to ascertain which). Injestion pretty much plants me on a toilet for a few hours. Contact with the stuff raises welts, though if I have a ready source of water (such as during resturant style food prep) I'm roughly okay. Though the day I accidentally ran my hand into the tomato slicer blades after I had just finished prepping a few dozen pretty much finished me for the day.

Funny thing is, I love ketchup and marinarra and arrabiata sauces. something about cooking the stuff renders it harmless.

Cooking tends the change the way the food is structured right down to a chemical standpoint (which is why cooked stuff tastes different then raw) and so can often cause an alergy to not act up. Of course it is also possable to only be alergic to the -cooked- form of something, but oh well.

P.S.
Nice quote.
CircuitBoyBlue
Ok, I promise I don't live in a bubble or anything. But another of my many allergies is to eggs (it's nowhere near as bad as the peanut allergy). I'm not allergic to eggs all the time. I can't figure it out: I can have them baked into stuff, which I can see making sense because that way they're cooked. But I can't have scrambled eggs, which are also cooked (I mean, it would be a lame powergaming allergy if I were only allergic to raw eggs, I guess). So I don't know what the difference is between the egg being baked, and the egg being fried, or hard-boiled, or any of the other ways that people eat eggs for breakfast. Also, I can definitely have pasteurized eggnog, if anyone's stupid enough to let me get near it.
Kyoto Kid
...I know, it's weird that the baked stuff doesn't bother me either. However give me, a couple eggs over easy, an omelet, or slather a sandwich with Mayo and pow, I'm down for the count. :mr yuk:
Karaden
Now your really getting into it with how exactly stuff is cooked, which can once again change how it is structured, which is why food tastes different if it is cooked in a frying pan, oven, BBQ, or some other strange way. When eggs are cooked in the fry pan (ala scrabled) they form a different structure then in the oven, especially when mixed with other ingrediants.
Nikoli
It's not just things like that either. Psoriassis is like that as well. There is no known familiy history of it in my family, but I have a real bad case, very resistent to therepy. So far the only thing my skin reacts favorably to is UV radiation, everything else just helps with the ferver aspects of it. My mom asked me how I could have a genetic disorder with no family history. I explained that as hygeine went up, things like this became discovered. Likely many folks in the family had it, but as most of my ancestors on either side had farm jobs, train jobs, and all around messy jobs by today's standards, I have spent my life mostly in doors, at a computer, in a library, in an office building.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012